EMSER TILE Employee Reviews

Great experiences with customers.
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 8, 2017
Start off at the branch to schedule my daily stops with customers. Daily sales wins with truckload po#s Emser is very pleasant work environment with much support.
Pros
Lunch meetings and scedule
Cons
Just Daily Traffic
Face Paced
Regional Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAJune 20, 2017
A leading supplier of tile and natural stone used for residential and commercial projects with over 50 showrooms throughout the United States (face paced).
Not a career just a job. Would not promote.
Warehouse Associate II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2017
There have been jobs that i worked in the pass that were not very good, however they all had good and bad qualities, Emser only had two good things that i can attest too.

I received a paycheck.
I liked working with my team.
Amazing customers and lots of opportunity to advance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 29, 2017
One of the best environments in workplace. Hands on education, benefits great, pay reasonable.. was sad to leave due to illness that caused an out of state move.
Great company
SALES / SHOWROOM MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 10, 2017
I would definitely work again for this company. Fast paced and stressful but they pay well. You have to be exceeding your sales goals. They have a great product line offering. They are somewhat overpriced but they can be flexible with their pricing.
Smoke and mirrors
Inside trade rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 6, 2017
A word to the wise stay away from this company they are deceptive and you will be harassed Daily they sell this position in one regard and the truth of the matter is is you will receive five pages of accounts that are no good and be harassed by the assistant operations manager about where your sales are .
I just quit this job yesterday management makes it miserable they will literally pull you out of a working sesssion with a client to go into office and listen to a daily meeting on the speaker phone they set unrealistic goals my first month on floor they expected me to write 177,000 and when you don't achieve it you are brought into the office and asked why and what are you doing to get there this was my very first month.
Do yourself a favor and stay away it's a horrible position. End it doesn't matter how many questions you ask in the interview as soon as you were hired they not only change the position but they change the starting hours and the responses it is what it is and when you say that's not what you told me it was your Deemed a troublemaker. The one asst manager has been shipped all over cause of his behavior it's liabable. So beware all that glitters isn't gold but Enders will tell you it is
great pay hard work
Manager (Former Employee) –  VAApril 25, 2017
Chance to shine and be well compensated. marketing support is thin and lags behind new products. Must be willing to put in the effort and extra time to suceed.
Hard work for little pay
WAREHOUSE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 6, 2017
I worked for this company for 3 years and never received a promotion. Manager hired his golfing buddy to become his assistant rather than someone who worked there and improved the stores inventory issues and saved the company money in shipping as well.
Pros
Cons
Horrible place to work
Flexibility to adjust schedule as needed.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 26, 2016
Give the freedom to do what is best for the customer. Potentially a great company, but growing pains right now. Schedules include rotating weekends, which other distributors do not do locally.
was a labor intensive job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 25, 2016
ive learned a bunch about flooring components. i think its an overall good experience because of the friendly employees at your side. i would work for this company again.
Pros
great hours
Cons
labor intensive
Family business
Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 8, 2016
* Downloading and cleansing data
* Tile industry, options and limitations of title
* Great communication, open, approachable, leaders
* Family oriented, 9 to 5
* commute
* Meeting with Board members and the branch representatives
Pros
People
Emser!
Trade Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 24, 2015
I enjoyed working there, they offer good security, but you have to really work hard. I would be on my feet 11 hours a day 5-6 days a week.
Pros
Free lunch, social, advancement
Cons
long hours, too much overtime
Fun , Fast paced environment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  I 70 and ChambersOctober 27, 2014
Emser was a fun and fast paced atmosphere. The day seemed to fly by because we were so busy! I enjoyed all the people who I worked with as well as the contractors, retailers, and shoppers that visited us. I wish I could have stayed, but I just moved too far away to make the commute.
Pros
Good benes, fun environment
Cons
commiute too extreme
Another Wannabe Dal-Tile... never will happen.
Commercial Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  las vegas, nvMay 25, 2014
This is another company obsessed with trying to compete with Dal-Tile. I'm sorry, they will never over throw them. This company wants one person of their own to do the work of 3 dal tile people.
Emser Tile
Manager of Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 9, 2014
The company is family owned and although Emser is a large company they still maintain the family owned feel. The owners and upper management are honest, hardworking and ethical. There is plenty of opportunity to learn and grow. The culture is to work hard and drive the business. In order to be successful at Emser you must be willing to put in the time and charge hard everyday. They are generous and reward the people in the organization that work hard for them.
Pros
great learning environment, family feel, excellent compensaiton
Cons
poor work life balance
Excellent managment team with high energy and focus
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 12, 2014
Emser Tile is a rapidly growing company with great benefits and a strong support/management team.
Pros
solid team with focus
High intensity work environment. Work/life balance is great.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Tulsa OklahomaNovember 10, 2013
High intensity work environment. Work/life balance is great. Employee's are well compensated and taken care of by senior staff as well as corporate level.
Pros
Great schedule, great management, great company. Associates are well taken care of.
Very Disappointed
Emser Employee (Former Employee) –  USAAugust 27, 2013
I was recruited and left another company to work for Emser. They promised training, and compensation levels that they never delivered upon. Training consisted of a few weeks working the sales counter, with no real emphasis on the specifics of what a manager would be held accountable for. Once training was complete, my supervisor was not even present to introduce me to the branch staff. At no time during my training did my supervisor ever visit and follow up on the training. The company is very operationally heavy and could use more staff in the individual branch locations. This would enable the managers to get off of the sales counter, and out developing additional business. The Branch Manager is really no more than a glorified salesperson. The branch is actually managed by the Operations Manager. This became apparent because no in depth operations training was even provided. How do you manage a person / position when you don't know the specifics of their job? The company does have some very good people working in a variety of roles. I will miss the interaction with the employees and customers, but not the frustration and lack of direction.
Pros
Quality Products
Cons
Lack of Training, Lack of direction and development by senior management, "Just hit the numbers"
Not a fun or good place to work
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 7, 2013
The only thing good about this job was the customers, you can really get to know them and have fun talking with them, just don't let them push you around.
Cons
the management has no clue how too be managers, and travis is not human