EMSI, Inc. Employee Reviews

Flexible, easy going environment
Senior Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 21, 2017
For the most part this is a great company there was just a lack of communication with their clients at times. These incidents led to frustration for may underwriters on the account I was working on.
Great employees and easy work
Inspections Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Hewitt, TXSeptember 24, 2017
I was a pretty great job, some days more slow than others but when it was steady, or picked up it was pretty great. The department I worked in was commissioned based so you really had to work to earn your money but it was easy.
So so money, management sucks
Mobile collector (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 20, 2017
I was allowed to work with company until I made an error, afterwards all went downhill. I feel like the company is racist and only worked for you if you're skin is pale. I regret working here and they keep your money. NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE OR HASSLE. I HATE EMSI.........
Cons
Awesome job to make extra cash
Moblie Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CASeptember 20, 2017
This is a good company to work for, work independently going to clients homes and taking vitals & blood. You set your own schedule. Management and staff are nice and helpful. The most enjoyble part of the job was meeting nice interesting people and able to set your own schedule.
Pros
Schedule your work days
Cons
Not enough hours per week and does not pay for miliege
Great job horrible pay
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 15, 2017
Awesome job and company. Managers are nice, environment very laid back. VERYYYY POOR PAY. $10 , Very unlikely to get a raise also no benefits and not 40 hrs and never any overtime.
Wonderful people to work for
Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 11, 2017
I love the people but the hours got to be too much for me with 4 kids at home. I would work all day and do paperwork all night. The local branch was great but the home office people always mess up scheduling. It was stressful. They call on my days off all the time. I felt like I was always at work.
Pros
Good managers
Cons
Long hours of paperwork
Relaxed
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 28, 2017
Great company, but hard on commission workers, relaxed, fun, great coworkers, awesome supervisors, cool break rooms and flexible. Would recommend this company to anyone
Area Supervisor
Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 30, 2017
Working for Dd's Discounts taught me patience, growth and great communitcation skills. I gained a lot knowledge within the retail industry. I appreciate everything I learned.
Pros
Growrh of opportunities
Cons
Better pay
I loved that job if i could get back on i would
Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 17, 2017
The only reason i had to leave this job is i was having some living problem and i had to handle that so my manager just told me to handle what i have to do and she understands and plus i have 4 kids so i have to have a job that can work with my hours to work
Pros
No we had to buy are lunch
Cons
We did get that until after are 90 days of being there
Contract work, Great Pay and
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2017
Great company to work for. Great supplemental income. I really enjoy working the patients educating them about their health conditions. Truly love the work. Fulfills my day everyday. Work ebbs and flows mostly flowing most of the time. There are no full time positions, solely perdiem/contract positions. Thankfully they pay a no show rate. It's important to acknowledge provider's time and compensate the provider appropriately especially when time is spent driving to a member's home only not to find them even after confirming the night prior.
Pros
Love the work, Love working with folks, I'm very grateful I'm in a position to help prevent disease, educate members and empower patients.
Cons
Outdate computer equipment to document.
Iffy
Monitoring Technician (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 12, 2017
This job wasn't so bad. It was my first full time job and boy, did I have it lucky. It wasn't too demanding in the least. At least nothing I couldn't handle. The biggest problem was management. They treated the lowest guys unfairly and lashed out when you spoke up for yourself. Im sure there have been new managers since I've left.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Tedious work
A tough job if you have a family
OSC Worker (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 3, 2017
Working here takes away from your personal life and away from family. Its basically you working all the time with barely any off days. They didnt offer benefits.
Cons
No healthcare
Stellar work environment.
Quality Coordinator-Exam Division Credentialing (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 29, 2017
Very progressive, technical company that educated me in every department. I worked with the consultants in the field, submitted expense reports to accounting, functioned as an orientation advisor, and handled all administrative duties.
Work place
Caseworker (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 27, 2017
Working for emsi has been a very educational experience. I have learned how to work on so many computer systems. Working with doctors offices can be challenging but very rewarding as well. Helping people obtain insurance is a wonderful feeling.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hewitt, TXJune 16, 2017
Overall the place is calm and very well mannered. Once on the job you learn many things about HealthCare whether it is something little as to if you smoke cigarettes or have lung cancer, which then determines what kind of coverage you may apply for and how much it will be a month for you.
great place to work always busy space
Scheduling Coordinator / TSA (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 11, 2017
Everyday is different its what I love about it something is always different there's never nothing to do in the office. I've learned a lot through out the years mostly in the medical field, we deal with a lot of life insurance agents
Pros
awsome boss
Flexible hours made the job perfect for my busy schedule
CPC - A Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 17, 2017
Great supervisor support system. I loved the challenges of selecting the appropriate codes for each clients specific guidelines. I loved working for them, and am so grateful for the experience they gave me. I would work for them again if they choose to reopen the HCC coding department.
Lots of Work, but not seen in pay check
Mobile Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Denton, MDMarch 14, 2017
This company when I first started promised the world, that I would make great money, there are enough clients for full time. Well here it is six months later--all I hear is that you know how this business is etc.... I would not trust this company-especially the Broomall office--they lie and are not truthrful about the amount of work. They talk a good game, but not worth the time--Be aware of people who promise the moon and deliver nothing!
Pros
nothing
Cons
dishonest in the amount of work, deceptive
Busy and Easy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 22, 2017
The environment here was bareable. The phones are constatntly ringing which is good and makes for the day to go faster. The supervisor were helpful.
Pros
Busy, fast paced
Caseworker (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 9, 2017
I learned a lot here at EMSI. I have grown in so many ways. I have also learned about myself and this just is not the right fit for me. I love my co workers and my supervisor. I am just unhappy in my position and know its not for me. It has been a wonderful 1 year and 3 months.
Pros
The hours
Cons
Sitting at a desk for 8-10 hours a day