Enaxis Consulting

Enaxis Consulting Employee Reviews in United States

Promises only
Senior Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 2, 2015
Enaxis may look like a great place to work but if you are interested in furthering your career, or developing new skills do not work here. There is little to no employee development. All training is on the job or coworker led. Management is very disingenuous and does not seem to have a clear focus for company direction or commitment to strategy. Do not be deceived by any awards. Many of their awards are ploys solicited by the marketing manager.
Pros
Little to no travel
Cons
No employee development
Glad to be gone from there
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 29, 2015
Low pay and poor culture compared to mainstream consulting firms
Claims to be Energy Industry focused but only has the most general and basic I.T. consulting capabilities with limited industry knowledge
Training program is very weak
Turnover is sky high
Small core of long term employees without better options but everyone else leaves as soon as they get a sense of the place and the limited career options
Focus is on being billable and billable hours plus being a cheerleader for the firm (which seems to translate into always being happy, going to all social events, and never, ever, ever making suggestions about how the place can be better)
Pros
Does have social events
Cons
Pay and benefits are really poor

Comment – January 5, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. In regards to your comment about the pay and culture, we have a culture that greatly values work/life balance. With mostly local clients, we do not require extensive travel like you would find in many of the larger firms. We also realize there is much more to life than work, so we encourage employees in personal as well as company held events. Being in the consulting industry, turnover can be expected at any firm. Working at a smaller firm is not for everyone, which is why we encourage a 2 way interview process so that the interviewee can make a well thought decision for themselves. In regards to your comment about never making suggestions, this proves to be very false. We conduct a yearly survey that covers an extensive amount of topics, giving our employees the opportunity to voice any comments/concerns/suggestions regarding Enaxis.

I.T. staffing/project management without travel
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Not a management consulting firm though presented that way but is a high-end staffing firm that supports career growth in I.T. project management
Privately held and decisions are made by very few people
Provide snacks in office and promotes Friday's in the office
Pay is low, especially for MBA's
No real skill development--learn OTJ
You are left to sink or swim on your own at clients and those who sink are quickly gotten rid of
Lots of gossiping, criticizing, and complaining behind people's backs
Promotions are easy to obtain if you keep the client happy, do some extra work for the firm, and keep a high utilization
Pros
no travel
Cons
not easy to move into management consulting from here; limited career path if you stay
Not what it's represented to be
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 16, 2014
Firm does very little "consulting" and mostly provides non-technical project managers and change management staff on long term contract to a very limited number of clients
Bonuses are decided by the whim of the owners (i.e. lots of discretionary factors)
Vacation time is counted against your utilization target (part of bonus)
Owners tightly control all aspects of the firm with little sharing of decision-making or the profits of the firm
High turnover (colleagues change frequently, lots of new faces)
Pros
few people travel; hours for most under 50 per week
Cons
most work is i.t. staff augmentation for a small number of clients
Can be compared to working at home with Suits on.
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2013
As an Intern At Enaxis Consulting I was normally waiting and assisting anyone and everyone in the firm. For example I helped out various time at the front desk when office manager was out, sick, or overwhelmed. My usual of my tasks were to assist the HR and Accounting department. Assignments was normally tedious, but challenging work while HR work was more of a thrilling way to grow professionally and gain hands on experience. My job overall was always an invitation for personal and professional growth, but I must say the hardest part of my job was entering Corporate America without any prior experience.
Pros
free lunches, paid garage parking, healthy envirnoment.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2014
Enaxis Consulting is a fantastic place to work and develop as a consultant, without the travel and demanding hours of other consulting firms. The firm seeks clients that are Houston-based, so consultants can experience work-life balance. The organization is flat, and all team members are able to communicate openly with leadership, as well as collaborate with each other to broaden skill sets and achieve personal development goals. All employees devote some time to developing the firm, including interviewing candidates. They hire well, and it is a pleasure working with everyone here. Clients appreciate Enaxis deliverables, as they are clean and well-thought through. Consultants and leadership strive to be trusted advisors to the clients, and they achieve that well.
Pros
The firm fosters collaboration and team building through social events, client deliverables are impressive, work-life balance is a point of focus, leadership cares about each employee's experience
Cons
Pay may not be sky-high, but work-life balance makes up for it

Comment – January 5, 2016

Thank you for your feedback! We greatly appreciate it. We take pride in hiring the best and brightest candidate and are glad that you agree.

2.3