Enbridge

Enbridge Employer Reviews

Worse Communication Company
Administrator (Former Employee), HoustonJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: a lot of pto
Cons: management is horrible, pay is very low, no room for growth
Pros: A lot of PTO

Cons:
Pay is very low
Management is horrible
No room for growth
They do not care about there employees
Show no appreciation towards working 7 days a week
A collaborative environment with a lot of positive feedback
Senior Lead Inspector (Current Employee), Thief River Falls, MNDecember 18, 2014
Pros: pay rate, management communication
The overall experience is very positive and supportive. Upper management does not micro-manage the field supervisors and is very supportive of the process which creates an positive environment in the field.
Good people to work with
FIELD COORDINATOR/COST ANALYST (Current Employee), Decatur, ILDecember 12, 2014
I work in the field for Enbridge as a contractor. The people working in the corporate offices in Duluth and Superior, for the most part, are great. Work life balance is an issue as I am gone 95% of the project duration, but that is why they pay well.
Great people with a strong commitment to safety
Senior Facilities Integrity Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 5, 2014
Pros: good benefits
A typical day at work will be planning and scheduling mechanical integrity inspections. Meeting with vendors, looking for new tools, technology and software to make our job safest. Great group of co-workers, not highly motivated but willing to do their best. The hardest part of my job is to deal with a management culture that don't like changes, that cares about safety but doesn't learn from their mistakes. The most enjoyable part of my job is to motive my co-workers to do our best.
Great work atmosphere and room for growth.
Mainline Field Engineer (Current Employee), Decatur, ILNovember 19, 2014
Provide support and assistance as a technical resource to project teams for expansion projects, $50MM - $7B, throughout the U.S. including project development, design, construction and operation.
• Prepare project scope definition, construction specifications, and department cost proposals.
• Development of project plans including constructability of pipelines and related facilities.
• Review designs to ensure completeness, accuracy and compliance with applicable codes, standards, regulations and equipment specifications.
• Review construction processes and procedures to ensure best practices are implemented.
• Perform construction quality audits.
• Prepare contract documents and contracting strategies.
• Coordination and selection of construction inspectors to ensure compliance with the specifications and contract documents.
overall a great place to work
Field Service Technician II (Former Employee), Pampa, TXOctober 28, 2014
Pros: vendors took us out to lunch on occasion and enbridge hosted an anual golf tournament
Cons: too many redundancies in company policies regarding safety
Enbridge is filled with a lot of great people to work with and around. Mostly things in a day to day were rather light hearted and laid back. It's the kind of place where you wind up putting pressure on yourself because it doesn't come from management. When something broke it was my responsibility to get it fixed as quickly as possible and get the unit back up and running. Often times troubleshooting consumed quite a lot of time but management didn't complain.
Great people
Electrical/Mechanical Technician (Former Employee), Pontiac, ILOctober 9, 2014
good pay
good insurance
good work life balance
company vehicle
Productive and fun place
ACCT. / FINANCIAL ANALYST - II (Current Employee), Houston, TX 77002September 25, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Enjoyable and productive. Fun place to work, management extremely cooperative. Maintains work life balance.
Productive and fun workplace
Documentation Supervisor (Current Employee), Marshall, MISeptember 11, 2014
Working here opened my eyes to new levels of professionalism.
A very employee- friendly company
Human Resources Advisor III (Former Employee), Longview, TXAugust 29, 2014
If you have the opportunity to work for Enbridge- say "yes". The company leadership, benefits, policies, training, etc. are all wonderful.
Great company
Accounting/Audit Executive Support (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 5, 2014
Family orientated, great opportunites, great training programs, advancement accomplishments
Enbridge is a very good company to work for. Good people and good benefits.
System Supervisor. (Former Employee), Pittsburg, TexasJuly 31, 2014
I was employed by Enbridge on January 2002, and retired from the company on June 27, 2014.
Lead Utility Inspector
Lead Utility Inspector (Current Employee), Energy, TXJuly 29, 2014
Pros: great money, close to home, always giving me opportunities to learn more and advance in responsibility
Cons: always on the road, live in a travel trailer, work avg of 60hrs a week
Enbridge has and continues to be good to me. I am currently employed through STS Consulting as an Inspector. I am contracted to work for Enbridge Energy as a Lead Pipeline Utility Inspector. I oversee new construction from beginning to end as well as Integrity Operations and repair. They do a great job to keep the good inspectors working year round even though that might mean traveling across Texas, in which I have done several times. They are currently little to nothing as far as new construction goes in East Texas, but have employed me to make repairs on anomalies on pipelines in service. Most lines being repaired are H2S and Liquid Lines in and around Plants.
Great to work for, good people with goood safety and quality programs.
Senior Lead Mechanical/Welding Inspector (Former Employee), Duluth, MNJuly 21, 2014
Excellent company to work for.

Long term projects and goals.
Promotions are not all based on work quality
Utility Designer - Field Operator (Current Employee), Pampa, TXJuly 15, 2014
Pros: health insurance, 401k, safety
Cons: short sleep, lack of proper promotions
The company holds strong to maintain a positive standing with the catastrophes that damage the world and local markets. The cost of benefits in the company are very low in comparison to other businesses, as well as the low deductibles and out of pocket costs. Safety is also a primary focus of the company. Promotions and hiring of underqualified supervisors/superintendents is repetitive withing all departments of the business. Unequal treatment of employees based on personal differences is allowed. Employees must keep record of every communication to avoid the twisting of the facts that can take place with management and HR employees.
Good people...pay very low
IT (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 9, 2014
Pros: very laid back atmosphere, nice people
Cons: pay is low-stagnant; not very focused leadership/middle-mgmt
The company has many good people. Unfortunately, it seems middle management does not have a clear focus on true business needs. Canada corporate has better benefits and job security than US side (many good jobs recently were taken away and moved up North) and some really good people left. Seems like a lot of people pit-stop here on their way to other companies. Atmosphere is very laid back but at times borders on very unprofessional and virtually no recognition for exceptional employees. Management does not listen to employees concerns.
Great team work.
Civil/Structural Inspector (Current Employee), salisbury, MOJune 14, 2014
Typical day: Writing permits, review the JSHA's during tailgate meetings, Management meetings, Watching over the work being preformed, checking and questioning of possible discrepancies, documenting and photographing events and progress, daily reports and photo CD's.
had an excellent crew to work with
Welding Inspector (Former Employee), Moberly, MOJune 11, 2014
work consisted of driving to the location and inspecting welds and the safety of the crews. Hardest part was leavening at layoff time
Great company to work for.
Safety Consultant, Mainline Enhancements (Current Employee), Superior, WIApril 15, 2014
Implement and manage comprehensive safety management systems, ensuring contractor compliance with Enbridge standards. Advise management of system and legislative changes to ensure that tasks were undertaken safely and with compliance of internal and external requirements. Analyze work practices and conduct site audits, providing recommendations for process improvements.
My day to day duties.
Maintenance Admin (Current Employee), Minot, NDFebruary 18, 2014
I usually help our field Techs on their Maximo training or any questions that they have. I audit our locations & assets on a daily basis. I also add locations & assets as needed. I also was in charge of adding our maintenance program to Maximo.

About Enbridge

Enbridge, Inc. is an energy delivery company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. It focuses on transport and distribution of crude – Read more

Enbridge Photos