Enbridge Employee Reviews

Internship experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 31, 2016
My internship experience with Enbridge was fulfilling. The people welcomed me and my managers treated me like a human being, and helped me grow. I would recommend to anyone, however new upper management is questionable.
Great place to work, great people.
Team Lead, Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNAugust 25, 2016
Interesting and challenging fast paced work environment. Company values are Respect, Integrity and Safety. Wonderful, smart, hard working, dedicated people. Good management. Lots of opportunities.
Enjoyed working within the tank farm.
Certified Welding Inspector/Mechanical (Former Employee) –  Superior, WIApril 27, 2016
Worked in tank farm. Every job included working around live lines. Safety minded company. I learned about digging around live lines. The management was well informed. The coworkers were great to meet. Sometimes the hardest part of the job was the cold weather. But sometime the best part was the beautiful cool weather in the summer.
Pros
Work was very organized
Cons
Extreme cold weather
Company in transistion
SharePoint Business Engagement Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2016
Enbridge is a fine company. It is currently in a state of flux as market conditions have provided a goad to move toward reorganizing and reinventing themselves.
First 8 years great place to be employeed
Compressor Technologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2016
Balance between work and family life was good. Company was great first 8 years I was employed then in my opinion a lot of mistake where made and that's when then company hit it's down turn
Benefits
Cons
company was doing poorly
Work Work Work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 7, 2016
Interesting job, always making changes on the fly. Home life suffered during employment due to call outs and alternating shift work
Pros
Company Vehicle
Cons
Unpredictable work schedules
Professional working atmosphere
Senior Safety Inspector (Current Employee) –  Kansas, OKApril 20, 2016
Very good company. Safety processes, operational processes are top-notch. I have learned a great deal from the senior leadership with Enbridge. I look forward to working on Enbridge projects in the future.

RW
Active employment with record keeping
Operations and Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  La Porte, INJanuary 15, 2016
I would maintain the 42 inch Vector natural gas pipeline from the Illnois to Michigan state lines. This included the Springville Compressor station and it's two Solar 15 thousand hp industrial turbine engines and all instrumentation and Allen Bradley PLC's.
A leader in the safe and reliable delivery of energy in North America.
Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  Niles, MIFebruary 28, 2016
A great company to work for in the oil and gas industry. The SCM group is growing and learning new ways to be more efficient to the projects on the pipelines.
Wonderful Place to Work
Summer Student Clerk (Former Employee) –  Schererville, INDecember 22, 2015
Everyone I worked with was so kind and knowledgeable. I learned a lot working there as a student. The work environment in the office was great, and they were very flexible when I required a short time off. The pay was very generous considering I was only a temporary clerk.
Unstable organization
Corporate Health & Safety Programs Coordinator III (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2016
The organization is unstable, there is a clear miscommunication between management and the employees. A lot of perks that were given to emolyees have been removed, along with merit increases for 2016.
Pipeline construction in North Dakota
Safety Specialist- Thru MBF Inspection Services (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDOctober 7, 2015
Never had a bad day while working for Enbridge. Weekly schedule was 6-10's off on Sundays. The only downside was working 60 days on and 4 days for married workers with families. Not much quality time spent at home.
Lean workstaff. Unrealistic expections. No advancement for experienced employees
Senior Plant Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2015
Loved working for this company. Learned additional skills. Liked the staff and job role. They hire top notch employees. Need to find ways to reward all levels of employees, not just young staff and management.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
poor communication from middle management
Enbridge Energy
Senior Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 25, 2015
Enbridge, was a wonderful place to work. The attitude of the company was safety first and employee contentment next. They offered classes all the time, in order to build our knowledge. They would promote from within first, before put into the public eye. The management were strict in their objective, however were always aware of family values. I don't think there was ever a time we see eye to eye on family and business.
Fast paced, professional company.
Team Lead - Workplace Solutions (Former Employee) –  Superior, WISeptember 22, 2015
Very good company to work for! Enbridge provides room for growth and opportunities for education. The safety culture is outstanding!
Great people with a strong commitment to safety
Senior Facilities Integrity Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 5, 2014
A typical day at work will be planning and scheduling mechanical integrity inspections. Meeting with vendors, looking for new tools, technology and software to make our job safest. Great group of co-workers, not highly motivated but willing to do their best. The hardest part of my job is to deal with a management culture that don't like changes, that cares about safety but doesn't learn from their mistakes. The most enjoyable part of my job is to motive my co-workers to do our best.
Pros
Good Benefits
overall a great place to work
Field Service Technician II (Former Employee) –  Pampa, TXOctober 28, 2014
Enbridge is filled with a lot of great people to work with and around. Mostly things in a day to day were rather light hearted and laid back. It's the kind of place where you wind up putting pressure on yourself because it doesn't come from management. When something broke it was my responsibility to get it fixed as quickly as possible and get the unit back up and running. Often times troubleshooting consumed quite a lot of time but management didn't complain.
Pros
vendors took us out to lunch on occasion and Enbridge hosted an anual golf tournament
Cons
too many redundancies in company policies regarding safety
Good people...pay very low
IT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2014
The company has many good people. Unfortunately, it seems middle management does not have a clear focus on true business needs. Canada corporate has better benefits and job security than US side (many good jobs recently were taken away and moved up North) and some really good people left. Seems like a lot of people pit-stop here on their way to other companies. Atmosphere is very laid back but at times borders on very unprofessional and virtually no recognition for exceptional employees. Management does not listen to employees concerns.
Pros
Very laid back atmosphere, nice people
Cons
Pay is low-stagnant; not very focused leadership/middle-mgmt
Great opportunity for personal & community growth.
Accounting Analyst Assistant (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMay 21, 2012
In the largest catastrophe in the history of the community in which I was raised, I helped to oversee all of the finances that were allocated throughout the first year of the major response to restore the city of Battle Creek after 1 million tons of oil flooded the Kalamazoo River. Not only was I honored to help rebuild my community-physically and mentally, but I also gained tremendous confidence in my abilities during an extreme crisis response where compensation for damages reported over $550 Million.
Pros
experience.
Cons
my conscience and company policies.
Ability to use my procurement skills in the warehouse environment
Material Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, MoApril 1, 2013
Excellent company with motivational culture.
Each day I track all scheduled shipments and learn about deliveries and logistic timeframes.
Communicate with corporate office and engineering and safety departments regularly. Communication skills are being enhanced and honed extensively.
Pros
i learn something new each day.
Cons
would like a larger venue. warehouse has three employees., i learn more extensively from numerous co-workers.