Encana

Encana Employer Reviews

Exectional Benefits.
Operator II (Former Employee), Ridge, TXJune 26, 2014
Pros: sleeping in my bed most every night.
10 hours normally doing site inspections making minor repairs.
how to recognize failures in surface equipment and make repairs. also to plan major repairs and coordinate contractors with proper equipment to make repairs such as forklifts, backhoes, and personnel. Management was very supportive of us being our own boss. You could plan your own work. – more... Co-workers helped each other according to abilities. We had a great team. Hardest part of the job was planning where to eat lunch. Most enjoyable part of the job was our team. – less
No job security, no work/life balance, corrupt management
Admin Assistant (Current Employee), Denver, COFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: good benefits, every other friday off
Cons: no work/life balance, management corrupt, unstable company
Company only loyal to its management, everyone else is just a number and treated as such. Benefits are good but what good is vacation time when you are constantly contacted while on vacation about work stuff? Work/Life balance doesn't exist. Jobs cut of people who were busting their rears to do right by the company while other people who just came to – more... work to collect a paycheck and to socialize were kept. Potential employees, BEWARE. – less
Progressive Company with work/life balance
Travel Coordinator (Former Employee), Denver, COFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: every other friday off
Cons: oil and gas prices change frequently
Encana is a company that is growing. With a new management team, there is nowhere to go but up.
It was a good company to work for mostly
Geologist (Former Employee), Plano, TXJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: great benefits: up to 8 weeks vacation, 9/80 work schedule, good pay
Cons: office politics, promotions go to the favorites, lots of overtime in some disciplines, may not be a stable company in the long term
I worked at EnCana for a number of years and it was a really great place to get experience. The benefits are out of this world better than any company out there (9/80 schedule plus up to 8 weeks vacation; good pay). There are lots of great folks to work with brilliant minds.

Unfortunately, corruption spread throughout the company with bad decision – more... making that ultimately cost people their jobs. Being all natural gas will not allow a company to survive the long term. There are a lot of office politics and it is hard for many folks to get ahead unless you are a favorite.

Maybe with the new organization things will turn around for the better. I do hope so for the folks who stayed the course there. – less
Good people in the company, but management is dis-jointed and short sighted
Drilling Advisor, Fluids and Waste (Former Employee), Plano, TXJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: lack of corporate vision
Good people in the company, but management is dis-jointed and short sighted
Good company to work for.
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Denver COJanuary 2, 2014
Checked the mail daily for paper invoices. Set up new vendors by requesting W-9s. Scanned the financial reports into JDE.
• Ensured accurate invoice payments by scanning the paper invoices into the KOFAX system, validating invoices in the ADP electronic invoicing system, and submitting them for processing.
• Converted paper invoices to electronic and – more... ensured the realization of early pay discounts by creating a monitoring spreadsheet to track the conversion.
• Supported Accounts Payable department with a focus on vendor and invoice management – less
Facilities Operator - North Piceance
Facilities Operator (Former Employee), Parachute, COJuly 18, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: weather conditions
Great company to work for. The benefits are top notch. The pay is good. Encana is a company that is built to last and treats their employees well.
Good company to work for.
Oil/Gas Service Unit Operator (Former Employee), Parachute, COJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: people and the company
Cons: being away from family
Typical day was monitioring wells or running a coil tubing or frac job.I learned about production and completion of wells. The management was good. Got along with all my co-workers. Hardest part it was in Colorado away from wife and kid. The most enjoyable was the people and what I learned.
Only with company a short period
Production Operator (Former Employee), BrooksSeptember 26, 2014
Good company to work for,great benefits,shift work,some overtime,worked with good people
Great group of guys, great culture.
Safety Advisor (Former Employee), DuvernayAugust 21, 2014
I feel I was very fortunate to have had the chance to work with such a great group of people. Consultants and field personal alike, all on board concerning the safety of everyone. It was a great culture to be part of.
good place to work
Production Accountant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 8, 2014
disadvantage of working for an oil company is the uncertainty of the markets
No place for advancement
Wellsite supervisor/Operation/Optimization (Former Employee), Clearwater BUJune 17, 2014
Pros: good benifits and salary
Cons: would rather not
I have worked for EnCana for 9 years and have been promised new roles and advancement with time but has never happened and I feel like there is no future in this company as it is slowed right down
Great Company Culture and fun place to work
Application Support Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 16, 2014
Pros: first and third friday's off
Great People and Fun Place to work
Located in one of the tallest and new landmark Bow building
Worked here as a Temp
Data Entry Clerk - Temporary (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 8, 2014
As a temporary assignment I really enjoyed my time with Encana. The managers very very approachable and helpful. My days would consist of creating database records and verifying well pad specs.
Best place I ever worked
Windows 7 Deployment/Analyst (Former Employee), calgaryMay 8, 2014
Best place I ever worked...................................
Horrible management
Plant operator (Former Employee), Red deer, AlbertaMarch 21, 2014
Cons: poor management and no communication
Management has no backbone and your just a number at this large company. Lack of communication from management is very frustrating. Lots of change and typically for the worst.
What an experience
IT Web Architect (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: communication
Cons: renumeration
I participated in the split. They worked me to death with long hours and many challenges and never skipped a beat. Management was well organized and communicated everything like champions. Superior leads and managers.

Great corporate family. A model of resilience. The management had all contractors working ourselves out of a job and we all loved every – more... minute of it. – less
This was a very long time ago
Mineral Land Administration Consultant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 28, 2013
Pros: free encana coat, fun company events like fun poker tournaments, town hall meetings
Cons: only 6 month project
I was on a 6 month clean up project, from what I can remember they were a really company to work for. Even though I was consulting I was still treated by the Management and other co-workers as a team member.
Quiet office
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 22, 2013
Pros: fun christmas parties with special guests
Cons: contract position with no opportunity to become staff
I provided administrative support for the IT Department. It was just a contract position.

I looked after ordering computer software applications for new employees.
Enjoyable place to work
Plant Operator (Current Employee), Grande Cache, ABMay 5, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: isolated
Learned plant processes along side a great group of co-workers.

About Encana

Encana Oil & Gas (USA) is a south of the border chip off the block of a Canadian energy giant. The company is an exploration and – Read more