Encana Employee Reviews in United States

Great Company
Completions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Parachute, COAugust 11, 2015
Acquired skills through experience and education. Great working releationships with all team members. Employee training, benifits, vacation... ect.
Pros
Took care of employees
Cons
Travel and long hours
Very nice place to work, very nice people and excellent management.
Completions Foreman (Former Employee) –  Karnes City, TexasMay 27, 2015
During my time with Encana I enjoyed the everyday challenge of getting to work and solve unexpected issues. My coworkers were very good guys that always took pride in their job and always tried their best in every situation. The hardest part of my job was being away from my family and the most enjoyable part was when I solved issues and completed the job. I represented Encana as if it was my own company and I'm thankful for my time with the company.
Over all a good work place enviroment
Service Provider Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Parachute, COApril 29, 2015
Start out saying its a 12 hour day, so theres plenty to do. There isn't a day that goes by that's the same as the one before. I'm part of management but as far as I can tell the higher ups do a wonderful job at noticing their employees work and work load. The most enjoyable aspect of my job is enteracting with my employees and making the customers happy.
Pros
Two weeks off a month
Cons
No Internet when you stay at camp site
Encana was a great place to work
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 29, 2014
This working environment was ideal. Supervisors and Foremans were excellent. The working atmosphere was relaxed and a dependable salary.
Exectional Benefits.
Operator II (Former Employee) –  Ridge, TXJune 26, 2014
10 hours normally doing site inspections making minor repairs.
how to recognize failures in surface equipment and make repairs. also to plan major repairs and coordinate contractors with proper equipment to make repairs such as forklifts, backhoes, and personnel. Management was very supportive of us being our own boss. You could plan your own work. Co-workers helped each other according to abilities. We had a great team. Hardest part of the job was planning where to eat lunch. Most enjoyable part of the job was our team.
Pros
sleeping in my bed most every night.
No job security, no work/life balance, corrupt management
Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 25, 2014
Company only loyal to its management, everyone else is just a number and treated as such. Benefits are good but what good is vacation time when you are constantly contacted while on vacation about work stuff? Work/Life balance doesn't exist. Jobs cut of people who were busting their rears to do right by the company while other people who just came to work to collect a paycheck and to socialize were kept. Potential employees, BEWARE.
Pros
good benefits, every other friday off
Cons
no work/life balance, management corrupt, unstable company
Progressive Company with work/life balance
Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 6, 2014
Encana is a company that is growing. With a new management team, there is nowhere to go but up.
Pros
every other friday off
Cons
oil and gas prices change frequently
It was a good company to work for mostly
Geologist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 29, 2014
I worked at EnCana for a number of years and it was a really great place to get experience. The benefits are out of this world better than any company out there (9/80 schedule plus up to 8 weeks vacation; good pay). There are lots of great folks to work with brilliant minds.

Unfortunately, corruption spread throughout the company with bad decision making that ultimately cost people their jobs. Being all natural gas will not allow a company to survive the long term. There are a lot of office politics and it is hard for many folks to get ahead unless you are a favorite.

Maybe with the new organization things will turn around for the better. I do hope so for the folks who stayed the course there.
Pros
great benefits: up to 8 weeks vacation, 9/80 work schedule, good pay
Cons
office politics, promotions go to the favorites, lots of overtime in some disciplines, may not be a stable company in the long term
Good people in the company, but management is dis-jointed and short sighted
Drilling Advisor, Fluids and Waste (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 13, 2014
Good people in the company, but management is dis-jointed and short sighted
Pros
good benefits
Cons
lack of corporate vision
Good company to work for.
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver COJanuary 2, 2014
Checked the mail daily for paper invoices. Set up new vendors by requesting W-9s. Scanned the financial reports into JDE.
• Ensured accurate invoice payments by scanning the paper invoices into the KOFAX system, validating invoices in the ADP electronic invoicing system, and submitting them for processing.
• Converted paper invoices to electronic and ensured the realization of early pay discounts by creating a monitoring spreadsheet to track the conversion.
• Supported Accounts Payable department with a focus on vendor and invoice management
Facilities Operator - North Piceance
Facilities Operator (Former Employee) –  Parachute, COJuly 18, 2013
Great company to work for. The benefits are top notch. The pay is good. Encana is a company that is built to last and treats their employees well.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
weather conditions
Good company to work for.
Oil/Gas Service Unit Operator (Former Employee) –  Parachute, COJanuary 7, 2013
Typical day was monitioring wells or running a coil tubing or frac job.I learned about production and completion of wells. The management was good. Got along with all my co-workers. Hardest part it was in Colorado away from wife and kid. The most enjoyable was the people and what I learned.
Pros
people and the company
Cons
being away from family