Encana Employee Reviews

New accounting experiences with Encana
Regulatory Compliance & Production Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 10, 2018
I enjoyed the fast pace of regulatory compliance and production accounting in the oil and gas industry. Friendly and professional management and employees.
Help Desk Support
Help Desk/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 4, 2017
A Typical day at work was responding to help desk issues. What I learned is a variety of different tickets. The management was supportive. Workplace culture was professional. The hardest part of the job was the quick response time needed to fix the ticket.The most enjoyable part was fixing the issue.
Pros
Downtown environment
great job
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 2, 2017
A typical job was talking to a lot of vendors. I enhanced my customer service skills. management was not around for years and many hiring freezes. hardest part was no management. enjoyable coworkers.
Facilities Lead (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 15, 2017
This company is very forward thinking. They think ahead and move accordingly. They always think about their employees as the drivers to excellence and reward the hard work put in to drive the company.
Fantastic Company
Apprentice Operator (Former Employee) –  Coushatta, LAMay 9, 2017
A fantastic company. Would work for them again if I could. Some of the best coworkers. Never harassed you as long as you kept up production. Would recommend to anyone.
Very good benifits
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, TXMarch 22, 2017
Exultant benefits package plus a very good vacation program. A very strong EHS program. I would work for them again if I could. They had way to many meetings for my liking.
Pros
Pay & vacation time
Cons
Meetings & procedures slowed the work pace down too much
Worked with the brightest minds in the industry
Lead, North American NGL Fundamentals (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 23, 2017
At Encana I was able to take my skills to a whole different level. Being one of North America's largest producer, hedging price risk was extremely important and a job all my colleagues and I took great pride in. I was proud to have worked with a team of extraordinarily bright individuals who pushed the boundaries everyday to produce top notch work.
Work/life balance and great benefits
Sourcing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 19, 2017
The company worked on a 9/80 work schedule so 8.5 hours every day which provided for two 4 day work weeks per month (every other Friday off). The health benefits and 401k matching were the best I've experienced in my career. Unfortunately being tied to the oil and gas markets provided for a volatile work environment with several rounds of layoffs while I worked there. Post layoffs resulted in a brain drain, chaotic management, and overall confusion in the workplace on the best ways to move forward. Regardless, the company did its best at offering continuing education/professional development classes and I took advantage of as many of these as possible.
Pros
Great work/life balance, benefits, great co-workers, professional development offerings
Cons
Poor management decisions, confusion after layoffs
Once a great company now a shadow if its former self.
Geologist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 10, 2017
Encana was once a great company to work for, don't be fooled it is no longer that company. Nearly all of the skilled, knowledgeable senior employees fled the company prior to the petroleum industry downturn leaving only junior level employees and those nearing retirement. The management put into place is a result of corporate cronyism rather than by merit or actual skill and demonstrated success in managing people. There is little to no advancement opportunity at this company unless you are in the crony group of employees that have been riding each others coat tails around for years. There are still good employees there, with much more ability and experience than most if not all of the senior level to management level employees. They are overlooked time and time again, they are underpaid with respect to competitors by large margins (think >20%). Corporate culture has taken over common sense and treating the employees as humans. There are incessant corporate slogans and mottoes created to try to rally the troops to be a part of the team that could care less about them as individuals with something to offer. They constantly reorganize teams and add more and more management positions for the cronys to pat each other on the back. They need to purge at least 60% of the management that is completely unnecessary. During each round of layoffs that encana has had over the past several years virtually no management jobs have been cut. Instead they suggest they have been thinned out but instead they change titles and shift them around and cut more and more employees. The company would  more... run more effectively and efficiently without the layers of managers that truly don't have a clue. Once could run a great company with the awesome level of talent that Encana has let go over the past few years in favor of keeping the cronies and marijuana addicts that still work there. Encana still has a good benefits package, the vacation plan is still great although, it has reduced since I worked there, and you get two Fridays off per month (not a true 9/80 plan). There are still some great people that work there but it is a defeating, depressing place to work where it seems as though only the jerks and teacher's pets ever get ahead. Encana is a placeholder job at best, not a career company that I once thought it was. Good luck and beware.  less
Pros
Sicktime, vacation plan, 2 fridays per month off, office location.
Cons
Terrible management, lack of true senior level mentors/employees, drama filled vitriolic environment.
They do hire older candidates for Land Administration positions!
Lease Analyst Candidate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 28, 2016
I am posting this review to make a statement. I was interviewed for a Lease Analyst role. I had over 10 years of experience as a Lease Analyst. I also had the expertise in the geographical area for this position as well. And I will add that I had all the job description requirements including the years of expertise in Encana's land database system. I paid for my own travel expenses to fly from Houston, Texas to Denver to interview with their team. I presented myself in a professional manner and detailed my skills and experience. However, a lot of emphasis was based on and how long I have been in the industry and the numbers presented on my resume revealed my age as I was not of a young age as was the panel of ladies I was interviewing with. So I was not offered the position. My overall conclusion based on the interview questions was that I was too old! I was passed over. As I will never hear the underlining reason why I was not offered a position my professional opinion is that I was not "young" enough.
Pros
If you are a yourng age and have no exp you will have a great chance of getting an offer, than someone who has years of experience whom is older over the age of 40 years
Cons
Will not hire older employment candidates
Great Company
Sourcing Specialist, Supply Chain Management (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 12, 2016
Oil and Gas Companies have had to make some difficult decisions. Encana is doing everything it can to survive. I don't think anyone could predicted a downturn like this.
Like my second home
Operations Technologist, San Juan Team (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 3, 2016
Worked a few jobs, in different industries and locations. Working here was my favorite, so far. I had the good fortune to work with some good people and as a result, we got some nifty, useful things done. Will have fond memories of my time here.
Field Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Parachute, COMay 26, 2016
I was cut due to the continued energy slump, that's how that market rolls. EnCana was great to me, truly first class. Great people, varied conditions, company vehicle, amazing vacation policy.
Pros
Vacation time was amazing, Insurance was great, room to grow
Cons
Volatile Market, typical corporate politics
Productive and fun workplace
Lease Operator (Current Employee) –  Big Spring, TXMay 12, 2016
a typical day at work lasted from 7 am to 5 pm.
I learned how to solve the problem when one arose. I also learned how to deal with people and take on responsibility.
Excellent company
SWAT/Maintenance Lead (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TXFebruary 24, 2016
Coordinate deployment of equipment, materials and personnel to the job site at optimum utilization and minimum costs. Track and submit all costs daily to ensure projects stay within budget. Constantly review safe work practices and safety concerns.

Compile and convey job-specific information to Field Service Technicians, other Service Managers and/or Senior Manager.

Coordinate, schedule and oversee field construction and maintenance projects involving heavy equipment, pressurized piping, H2S and hazardous situations with both contract and company personnel.

Operate, optimize and perform repairs to electric, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, as needed, to continually increase production of oil and gas wells in various stages of operation.
Great Company
Completions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Parachute, COAugust 11, 2015
Acquired skills through experience and education. Great working releationships with all team members. Employee training, benifits, vacation... ect.
Pros
Took care of employees
Cons
Travel and long hours
Very nice place to work, very nice people and excellent management.
Completions Foreman (Former Employee) –  Karnes City, TexasMay 27, 2015
During my time with Encana I enjoyed the everyday challenge of getting to work and solve unexpected issues. My coworkers were very good guys that always took pride in their job and always tried their best in every situation. The hardest part of my job was being away from my family and the most enjoyable part was when I solved issues and completed the job. I represented Encana as if it was my own company and I'm thankful for my time with the company.
Over all a good work place enviroment
Service Provider Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Parachute, COApril 29, 2015
Start out saying its a 12 hour day, so theres plenty to do. There isn't a day that goes by that's the same as the one before. I'm part of management but as far as I can tell the higher ups do a wonderful job at noticing their employees work and work load. The most enjoyable aspect of my job is enteracting with my employees and making the customers happy.
Pros
Two weeks off a month
Cons
No Internet when you stay at camp site
Encana was a great place to work
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 29, 2014
This working environment was ideal. Supervisors and Foremans were excellent. The working atmosphere was relaxed and a dependable salary.
Exectional Benefits.
Operator II (Former Employee) –  Ridge, TXJune 26, 2014
10 hours normally doing site inspections making minor repairs.
how to recognize failures in surface equipment and make repairs. also to plan major repairs and coordinate contractors with proper equipment to make repairs such as forklifts, backhoes, and personnel. Management was very supportive of us being our own boss. You could plan your own work. Co-workers helped each other according to abilities. We had a great team. Hardest part of the job was planning where to eat lunch. Most enjoyable part of the job was our team.
Pros
Sleeping in my bed most every night.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Encana. Our community is ready to answer.