Enclos Corp, is the Visible Difference in advanced building façade technology. It’s not just about the building facade, Enclos employees are “the visible difference”. Enclos is a progressive organization that takes pride in the talent, intellectual caliber and ethnic diversity of its employees. We look for self-motivated people with high initiative and a conscientious work ethic. Our work brings us in contact with leading architects, engineers and general contractors in a stimulating work environment where networking skills are honed to a fine edge. As a design-build firm, Enclos employees are frequently challenged with the most ambitious of building projects, many landmarks among them. The bigger and more complex a building façade, the more likely it is to be an Enclos project.
Enclos Corp currently has an opening for a Senior Structural Design Engineer in our New York City Design Studio.
The position provides pre-sale engineering services associated with the design, fabrication and installation of building envelope systems as well as research and development projects. And also provides creative design solutions in the setting of the bid proposal team.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for their work, think outside the box, challenge traditional engineering methods, have studied structures (metal versus concrete), can draw in 3-D, and automate/program the structural analysis process. Previous building façade/curtainwall experience is a plus.
Requirements for the position include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) from four-year College or University in Civil or Structural Engineering from an accredited university with a minimum of eight years structural design-analysis in a related field or an advanced degree with focus on the building façade.
- Must be proficient in Strand 7, AutoCAD, Word Processing software, MathCAD spreadsheet software, Email and Internet software, Matrix/Finite element analysis software, 3D, Revit and Inventor
- Project and proposal assignments from Associate Director of ATS East, Director of R&D and Preconstruction Sales Managers
- Creative approach to design engineering
- Balance profit and performance cost benefit analysis
- Ability to speak publicly at curtainwall and structural conventions as well as Enclos functions and prepare and participate in sales presentations
- Participate and lead R&D projects and research and propose new components and materials.
- LEED certification a plus.
Indeed - 9 months ago