Encompass Digital Media Employee Reviews

Starting out in broadcast come here, get out fast.
Pivot Operator (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 4, 2017
This is not a place for an established person to be. This place squeezes the dollar. Doesn't pay well if your experienced. . They are behind the technology.
Pros
Great starter
Cons
Cuts everything.
challenging opportunity in broadcast media
Live Master Control Operator, WWE Network (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 28, 2017
I've enjoyed my time here. I learned new formats and job skills, made new friends, and experienced new products. There were consistent pay raises year to year, if you did your job well. Each promotion also came with a pay increase.
Pros
opportunities to learn new networks and work on various projects and events
Cons
rotating schedule is an adjustment
Challenging and fun work environment
International Media Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 22, 2017
this place felt like home to me quote honestly. I was happy to be there every day! awesome colleagues and boss. If you are a hardworking person who is dependable and can work and produce results without too much involvement from management. You willlove it !
Pros
Challenging and rewarding
Cons
benefits are not amazing
Good company to start with
Network Operations-Ingest Apprentice II (Former Employee) –  Doraville, GAJuly 5, 2017
This is a good company to start with if you are seeking to be in the digital media field. You learn the technical aspects and inner working of the company and pushed to work many hours.
Pros
focus on learning many aspects
Cons
overnight hours
Enjoyed this company
Interpreter Spanish and Portuguese (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 2, 2017
Contracted to help editors and quality control identify languages for Sony Latin America project. The networks were in Spanish or Portuguese. I learned a lot about broadcasting.
Pros
Free meals, learning opportunity
Cons
Night and weekend work, contract
Great place while your there. Opportunities do exist.
Digital Media Operations Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 13, 2017
Enjoyed working there, professional atmosphere. However, when contracts, clients, or networks end employers get let go. This comes there the territory in Broadcast and Digital Media industries.
Pros
free lunches, client networks, live events
Cons
client driven schedule
Nice people but...
Video Editor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 4, 2017
I worked in a division of Encompass the contracted with the military and rarely interacted with Encompass employees or management. However I was affected by company-wide policies and must say that they were in decline when I left. They laid off the kitchen staff and brought in Aramark, who brought in refrigerated foods, which turned out to be more expensive. The benefits became more expensive for less coverage, but they were still pretty good when I left. As far as the section I worked in, it was a media outlet that didn't communicate with employees or clients at all. We managed a website and they would make substantial changes to the content and functionality of it without notifying the people that used it.
Stressfull
Media Asset Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 24, 2017
Encompass runs on an anorexic staffing model.Staff stretched too thin. Its hard to take time off. Pay is low. Ongoing layoffs. Very unorganized in regards to management
Encompass Review
Master Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2017
This was my first official job in television, and I learned a lot. The 12 hour days were difficult, but they supplied meals and coffee. It was a great starting point for me.
Pros
3 day weekends
Cons
12 hour days
Great Learning experience
Operations technician (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 1, 2017
Company covers many different aspects of broadcast television so its a good place to learn numerous different types of systems used to deliver different forms of broadcast television.
Great Place To Get Experience
Media Specialist - Supervisor of Operations (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 30, 2017
I was with Encompass during a difficult time for the company where cutbacks had to be make where many of their departments were short staffed.During that time there were many employees who had to work longer hours to compensate for the short staff. The company did its best to make other feel comfortable due to the circumstances. A typical work day was the same routine where we checked for log accuracy. The workplace culture was fine other than the long hours due to short staff
Pros
Great place to gain experience
Cons
Longer hours than normal
Look elsewhere
Video Editor (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 18, 2016
No appreciation from management or needed support. They treat you like an animal, and feel as though anyone can do your job, even though they are proven wrong time and time again. The few good people left get abused until they too can take no more. Management lives in feat of their clients and will walk all over you.
Pros
Cons
Ever increasing poor health insurance. No backup from management.
Challenging work on interesting projects
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2016
The DVIDS program is somewhat insulated from Encompass as a whole, but my experience with DVIDS has been top notch. Great coworkers, challenging projects, excellent work life balance.
It was a job where I learned a lot
Master Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2016
I learned about transmission of TV signals. I was made aware of satellite positions. A typical day would be very quiet as I performed many tasks to put (and keep) tv networks on the air.
Pros
Holiday free food.
Cons
Short breaks. No overtime.
Broadcast Operations Supervisor looking to leverage background in technical operations, departmental organization.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 26, 2016
Directly manage operations for 60 networks. Coordinate with vendors and clients to ensure scheduled programming is free from errors. Manage broadcast operators, conduct weekly training sessions with operations staff, as well as “on the spot” training sessions when necessary. Conduct quarterly performance check-ins with operators. Comply with various regulations regarding personnel management, to include fair business practices, as well as prevention of harassment and discrimination. Create operator schedules, arranging for coverage, and monitoring accruals.
Same thing, different day unless under pressure for recovery.
Master Control Operator (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 18, 2016
Same thing, different day. Managers and Supervisor in the Burbank locations are great. Might get a weekend with a Saturday OR Sunday off. Crazy shift schedule. But it is a great work experience.
Pros
Managers and Supervisor are very supportive, easy work flow once understood, friendly environment.
Cons
Work crazy shifts, Saturday OR Sunday as weekend due to seniority.
Very Technological Place
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 26, 2016
It is a descent place to learn about broadcasting and television. Satellite transmission is an interesting concept and how they are moving everything from baseband to IP.
Cons
Lack of employee support
Not an environment for good company culture seekers
Broadcast Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2016
Good start for an entry level career. Not for those seeking a good company culture environment. Bad selection of management and executive leader staff.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no room for advancement
Great place to work, great staff
Live Assist Operator, CBS Sports Network (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 23, 2016
Worked in exciting environment of live control rooms
Saw direct impact on service with good work.
Working shifts meant you had to work off hours and weekends.
Worked with major clients in the broadcast industry including A&E and the YES Network.
Pros
Good people, great experience, big name clients
Cons
working off hours
Great company
Traffic and Continuity Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 28, 2016
Encompass is great. Your team members and supervisors are there to help you. It's great when all individuals can come together to achieve one goal.