Encompass Digital Media

Encompass Digital Media Employer Reviews

Worst mistake of my carrier
Linear Broadcast Media Operator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: digital media
Cons: management & hr
Was recruited from Technicolor. We had a deal in place. They did not honor it. Management was terrible. The Los Angeles facility was a revolving door. Should of never left Technicolor.
Very rewarding feeling working with our men/women in the military
Media Relations Specialist, CONUS (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 3, 2014
A typical day at work is very fast paced. We work with various national/local media outlets on a daily basis getting out products and setting up interviews for the military. It is very exciting when setting up productions/events for the White House and various other high ranking events in Washington, DC area and all over the world.
An educational Experience
Broadcast Operations Apprentice (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks, hard on the eyes
I have been at Encompass for two months now and I really like the work environment. My co workers are more than willing to help when I have a question. I don';t have to bring lunch to work, which is a plus, because they give an employee lunch.
never a dull moment
RF Engineer Level I (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2013
Pros: long days
Cons: long weekends
learned a lot with the career I am in now. A very huge learning curbs and must be on your toes the whole time.
They'll kick you to the curb, no matter how hard you work.
Broadcast Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 7, 2013
Pros: you get free food.
Cons: the egos of those in management.
After all the blood, sweat, and tears I gave to this company, they let me go cause of a harassment claim from another employee. All because they were management. Proving once and for all that you have to be in the company click to even matter or advance.

You can go work for this company if you want, but get ready to feel like it's all for not.
Horrible Horrible Horrible
Broadcast Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 1, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: poor pay, they
Management is a joke and rarely takes any accountability. They can't make their mind up on scheduling and shifts.
Assistant Manager of various networks
Assistant Manager, Channel Operations (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 3, 2013
I directly manage assigned networks. Develop, maintains a positive working relationship with the network’s operational departments and ensures that specified technical procedures are being followed. Encourage staff to maintain on-air integrity and continuity.
Low morale
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 29, 2013
There is low morale for many reasons. Poor management, extremely low pay (even after supposedly studying what other companies pay in the market), lack of respect for employees, lack of empathy for employees, not caring what employees think, not caring about employees being happy (which is why most weren't), workload (having 1 person do the jobs of 2-3+ – more... people in any other company in the industry). The other negative reviews are pretty accurate. The pay is the lowest in the market, and equal to or less than smaller markets. I do not see a positive outlook for this company. The turnover rate tells the story. – less
small company transitioning into a global company
Jr. Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 13, 2013
small company transitioning into a global company. Encompass is one of the leading outsourcing broadcasting companies in the world. They are working towards making a very strong foot print world wide
A good place to work but the commute is too much
Scheduler (Current Employee), Northvale, NJApril 23, 2013
Booking satellite feeds for clients, heavy call volume and answering email requests. I like that I don't really have to take orders from a boss. Come in, do your work, and go home.
A decent place to work
Project Manager for NASA TV (Current Employee), Norcross, GAApril 16, 2013
Pros: a steady paycheck. i get to watch a lot of sports and news at work
Cons: day to day grind is exhausting.
I have seen this company make strides. It used to be Crawford Communications and then was bought out. It is now global. Everyday I setup and maintain satellite and fiber feeds. The work is detailed oriented. The company likes to hire from the outside. 90% of upper management has not been hired from within.
Encompass Digital Media
Encode/Master Control Operator (Current Employee), Stamford, CTMarch 1, 2013
Pros: people i work with, very friendly
Cons: don't think they believe in seniority.
A typical day for me includes 4 hours of master control for the A&E Networks as well as Encoding clips before they hit the airwaves for accuracy and quality
Low Morale for a reason
Master Control Operator (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJanuary 4, 2013
Cons: short breaks, low morale, no incentives
Very low morale at this facility. Management doesn't care about the employees at all. There is a high turn around rate for employees for a reason. When employees quit just as much in a bad economy as a good economy, then that's an awful company. There's no job security either. If you make a mistake they will fire you very quickly. The employees were – more... great to work with, but the management is completely careless. Overall it's a dead end job with no incentives to being a longtime employee. The lunchroom is the best part. – less
Growing company with a lot of opportunities
Manager, Channel Operations (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 29, 2012
Pros: free lunch, good benefits
Cons: a lot of drastic changes, morale is low
The company is growing daily and has gone from having a couple locations in North America, to locations in Europe, Asia, and South America.

Upper Management seems to be out of touch with with Middle Management and everyone needs to improve communication.
The company has a lot of potential but lacks the personal touch that makes their employees feel – more... appreciated.

As a manager, it is difficult to ever get away from the job as you are always on-call and expected to check email 24/7.

Drastic staffing changes have occurred in recent months that has all but killed the morale. Management has been doing a lot to help this but it is going to be an uphill battle for years to come. I would estimate that the turnover rate is very high and I would think that HR has their work ahead of them to lower this. – less
A wonderful safe, secure and perfessional working enviroment.
Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 11, 2012
Encompass is a great company to work for and be apart of. Encompass shows they care for their employees, always providing ways and equiping you for success.
If your looking for a job...its that only. A job.
NBC Universal (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 29, 2012
Pros: free lunch
The pay for Encompass is way below the experience quota. Management is young and inexperienced. If you're looking for upward mobility, Encompass is NOT the place for you. If you are looking for a temporary job, Encompass is the right place for you.

The only perk is free lunch for all shifts. This is to guarantee you don't leave the building during – more... your lunch break. – less
Willing to try new positions
Traffic Coordinator Apprentice (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 29, 2012
I am the first person to be a traffic apprentice around all networks. in the beginning there was a lot to learn and remember but it was also really exciting.