Encompass Home Health Employee Reviews

Unprofessional company
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 24, 2016
This is the worst job I have had as a physical therapist. The office staff is unprofessional and immature, while being borderline unethical. The pts are constantly going on hold, and there is poor communication between the office and the pts. There is no compassion or caring for the pts, it is all about the numbers and the money for this company.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional, therapy dept run by nurses, unable to keep a therapist with fulltime caseload
Employees treated poorly
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2016
Lost medical insurance the day I was terminated.....Last check was less than half what was expected.....Schedule changes without warning or input......United healthcare insurance not accepted by most providers...No gas or milage reimbursement.....Documentation had to be faxed and mailed at employee expense and less than 24 hours after your shift or pay was held 2 weeks.....Training not paid at 100% regular pay......Lowest pay per hour in my 12+ years as an rn....2 Hour on job orientation with first client.....Very bad experience overall
Pros
rarely interacted with company
Cons
Not employee friendly
Poor company to work for, you have been warned!!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  UtahSeptember 2, 2016
One of the worst employers I have worked for. Lots of turn over, very poor policies and poor management. Lack of leadership and accountability. BTW if you use any PTO in your last check regardless of the reason they will not pay you for it, even when you give a 2 weeks notice that they decide not to honor. Not an employee friendly company by any means. You can make more money and work for better companies than this that treat their staff well and see them as an asset not a liability. I will never recommend anyone to this agency not for lack of quality care to its patients, rather for the poor run company that is Encompass.
Pros
A pay check if you desperately need one
Cons
Lots
One of the worst companies I have ever worked for or heard about
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  UtahSeptember 20, 2016
Encompass is by far one of the worst companies I have ever worked for or heard about. Out of the gate it seemed like a good organization but be sure to do your homework prior. Lots of turn over, very poor management who don't know the company's own policies. Unfortunately I will not be recommending them to anyone I know or affiliate with.
Pros
Not many unless you a desperate for work
Cons
Management, or lack there of
About the bottom line.....
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXJuly 21, 2016
Worked in management and realized this company regards $$$ as the only worthy goal. Patient care, employee satisfaction and daily work culture suffer from poor upper management. Folks.... This is an acquisitions company...straight up! The cookie-cutter approach from state to state DOES NOT work. Certainly, some branches of the company are more satisfied than others. Overall, this company does not work for the patient or employee best interest. There are much better home health companies to work for...really.
Pros
Field staff
Cons
Overworked field and office staff, lack of support from mid-upper management
Good company, bad management in Roswell.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMJuly 12, 2016
Management with no management experience. 12-14 hrs in field. With additional hours for documentation. No continuity of care for patients. When RN attempts to be advocate for patients we get disciplined. No assist from office/scheduler/ manager with making phone calls, follow up, Constant turnover of nursing staff due to dislike of branch manager. Behaves like a highschool mean girl.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
50-60hrs week
Great co workers and patients
RN (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 20, 2016
Management care about nothing or no one except for moving patients in and out for quick easy $$$$$ the Sandersville Georgia office manager is a joke she's never around when she takes call and does not answer the phone while on call and no one says a word about it. I know because I tried to work there but I couldn't put up with that kind of leadership
Pros
Patients
Gossiping, backstabing and silliness
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALJuly 21, 2016
Upper sales management is a running joke. The RVP is condescending, emotional, back stabbing, gossiping and grossly unqualified. The Dallas management team is equally as useless. Please run from this company. They will promise you the moon, and deliver nothing. The offer to solutions, insight, training or qualified upper management.
Pros
Cons
RVP of sales
Manage the Hospice Division as if it were Home Health
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 9, 2016
The hospice management team in the Houston area offices is predominantly home health personnel transitioned into the hospice division of the company with little specialty training in hospice. Most of the field staff are newer to hospice care as well.The preceptor that oriented me to the company had been a hospice case manager for less than a year. Managers are slow to fill vacant positions. High turnover of staff and managers. Office staff have good intentions but, again, have not been well trained and have no prior hospice experience. The Medical Directors are wonderful and add palliative care expertise to an otherwise lacking program.
Pros
Good Benefits. Great Medical Directors
Cons
Few employees with solid hospice background or training.
Sales poorly run by a incompetent leader
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 30, 2016
The RVP for sales in the southeast is running the culture of the company in the ground. The morale is so low in the sales, everyone is looking on indeed for a new position. Encompass has no solution in place after a large merger and offers no real leadership during a difficult time.
Pros
CEO
Cons
Sales leadership
This company has terrible management. No communication. The CEO is very inspirational but so far removed from the day to day operations.
Division Manager (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJuly 18, 2016
From the sales RVP up, the management team is clueless. This is the worst company I've ever worked for and was honored the day I resigned from this miserable company.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Sales leadership.
lots of time to yourself for whatever needs to get done
PCA (Former Employee) –  Superior, WIJuly 14, 2016
long day because you work by yourself. management is good. didnt give clear directions on what i had to do though. didnt really have nice co-workers but i didnt work with them through the day.
Pros
had breaks whenever you didnt have something to do
Cons
long day, didnt do much but sit and watch the clients.
solvent company, growing company
Field RN/Case Manager/CFSS (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXJuly 16, 2016
Management was somewhat unapproachable, company prides itself on promoting from within but hires from outside of company a lot. Most coworkers were hard workers and committed to performing job well.
Pros
flexible schedule, low cost healthcare
Cons
management unapproachable
Excellent co-workers
RN Case manager (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXApril 25, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was the pay and chance for advancement. Typical day at work consists of seeing 7-10 patients a day. Not much support from Branch Manager or clinical field staff supervisor in our office. Co-workers made this job work. They are excellent! The worst part of the job was having to spend hrs charting at night and having to be on-call nightly.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Short staffing; long hrs charting
Great Job for Physical Therapy
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 11, 2016
I have been working since Aug. for Encompass and have enjoyed the change of pace. I like being able to drive and be outside. They offer great benefits and pay is okay. I like the option if I work past so many points, I get bonus pay. It is a ton of paperwork, but no job is perfect and I enjoy being home with my family when completing it.
Pros
benefits, bonus pay, able to be outside
Cons
paperwork, paperwork, paperwork
Demoralizing and Inconsistent Practices
LPN (Former Employee) –  Stillwater OklahomaMay 1, 2016
The cooperate mission and direction is amazing. Unfortunately, the individual branches are not held to that standard. The branch I worked for was run by a clique of nurses who were rarely doing their actual jobs and a field supervisor with ZERO clinical experience. It was hard to get responses from the field andvwhen you did get it, it was rude. I once finally decided just to go to the office on the issue to find everyone huddled in the office in a handbag discussion. You were never informed of who would be in or out of the office on what day. You were required to deal with impossible schedules and some very unsavory home environments. Anything and everything is done to keep patients on service, making your job a charting nightmare!
Pros
Great benefits. Average pay.
Cons
Way below IRS mileage rate for reimbursement, unexperienced management
do not take a job here......
Nurse (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKAugust 16, 2016
Poor management. No process, no one knows whats going on or who is doing what. Within eight months of working with company 10 people were gone. Branch and upper management are worthless.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
no lunch, heavy work schedule, poor office setting
long hours and poor management
Case Manager RN (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXAugust 24, 2016
Not a good place. Poor management personal, long hours and not much gratitude for doing a good job. Have to take up the slack for other people that don't do their job.
Pros
Cons
long hours, poor management
It's all about the management
Home Health Nurse / Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 10, 2016
If I had completed this review when the office was under previous management, I would have given a 5 star review. However when incompetent managers took over...my goodness. We began driving 100 miles per day, we were told to "make our own schedule", assigned 15 points in one day. The workload was not reasonable to say the least. Our office had 5 nurses quit within one month. Your experience with Encompass is only as good as the managerment and staff.
Pros
managing your own schedule
Cons
work load, compensation
Very fun and caring group of people
PRN Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 7, 2016
They treated me like family from the first day on the job. I enjoyed working together with the management team, and the core team to ensure that our patients received the best care possible.

2.7