Encompass Home Health Employee Reviews

Allowing management to complete their jobs
Branch Director (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 16, 2017
This job was good. Would drive 140 miles every day to work and home but enjoyed the staff the was there. They were all dependable and hard working. The staff would support the management and worked well with one another.
professional, Highest quality
Director of Nurses and Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKJuly 15, 2017
The company has a positive culture, fair, open and transparent, and sought the highest quality care for patients and employees. They provide thorough orientation with field preceptors and office preceptors. Education at the company based learning center.
Nice place to work with opportunities of advancement. Fun people with company activities and outings.
Care Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 9, 2017
Medium paced environment. Focus is on reaching as many patients as possible and providing quality care as well. Great group of people to work with and work for.
Field LVN (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 1, 2017
Hardworking people do well. Good patient care. Lot of teachong. Good people to work with. Some days too many patients and some days not a lot. Have to make points every weak. You will
Be counseled if you fail to make points. If u keep failing they will let you go. It's hard because some people make their points and some don't because they are not scheduled
Enough to make points. Not exactly fair.
Pros
Busy and learn a lot about home health
Cons
Np time for lunch. A lot of driving
Great Place to work
Nurse case manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2017
Great office staff. Fun place to work caring nurses and therapist and good pay. Encompass is a great place to work is you love team work, love to learn new skills.
Pros
vacation hours
Cons
non
Great Working Enviroment
Patient services coordinator (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJune 23, 2017
Everybody is professional; there are resources available for help. Great customer service. A better way to care in all aspects in regards to patients. Excellent room for growth!
Social Workers are not valued
MSW (Former Employee) –  TXJune 14, 2017
As an MSW I received the brunt of Medicaid and Advantage Waiver services not being immediate. I was farmed out to other branches without my permission or even being asked. Many, if not most, of the nurses would not provide needed info., return an email, phone call or text. But there were certainly many emails that I was not doing what the nurses felt was needed. The view of Social Workers, as I was told by many nurses, etc. was, "I don't see why we need a Social Worker, nurses can do everything you do." The patients were absolutely wonderful, some of the greatest I've ever seen it my 20 years of practice.
There were a handful of nurses that treated me well and truly cared about patients.
Cons
No respect
Best company ever worked for!
Sales (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 13, 2017
I've worked in two different capacities over 2 years. Employee focused culture. All new hires travel to Dallas all expenses paid! Company cars for clinicians and sales team who qualify. Patient focused care. This company invests in its patients and staff!
Pros
Company cars, great benefits, competitive pay
Cons
For clinicians you either love home health or not
Great Culture and fun place to work.
Manager, IT Branch Support (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 13, 2017
My typical day at work involved the unknown of providing IT Infrastructure support for over 3,000 users.

I learned how to multitask and become efficient in providing solutions to everyday challenges.

Management provided the workplace environment and resources to perform my job duties effectively.

The hardest part of my job, involved working multiple projects simultaniously with limited resources.

The most enjoybale part of my job was managing a team of IT technical professionals.
Good Place to work
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJune 7, 2017
Good Environment. Learned a lot of things from meeting new people almost every other day. To using a tablet learning how to document, moving patients around, email nurses, OT PT and as well Supervisors.
Pros
Good Pay, Good Benefits, and Treated well.
Cons
To many Patients for one Traveling CNA.
Great vision, poor execution
Employee (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2017
Large scale vision is great, just not translated adequately to branch level. Too many mergers and acquisitions too quick and not able to fully infiltrate corporate culture to boots on the ground.
Dont waste your time!
Home Health Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Commerce, GAMay 28, 2017
No direction and very disorganized. They push Productiviry above EVERYTHING else! Too much money put into advertising and not enough into developing upper management to train them to be more competent and inspiring.

Be prepared to feel ivisible and unappreciated!
Large company with small company feel
Clinical Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2017
As a CTC I meet the patients at bedside to be sure they are transitioned home properly. I also market our agency to case managers and other referral sources.
Pros
Work from home, wear scrubs
Cons
pressure to make numbers
Poor Management
Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  NCMay 14, 2017
Company not willing to sign contracts in current markets. Middle management is terrible in the NC area. Treated unfairly far as being accredited previous accounts in business.
Encompass
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 9, 2017
The branch I work at in Virginia is so unprofessional. The office staff is rude & condescending. You work long hours for little pay. You are given patients all over the place despite being told that you will only work in a remote area.
run far away
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 6, 2017
understaffed, management just causes problems....over worked. branch directer makes my girlfriend cry every time they have a "talk"... she is sad so im sad too
Double edged sword, No Corporate Management support at Branch level
Office mgmt (Former Employee) –  Pasco County, FLApril 22, 2017
Pay and benefits are excellent for the industry. Otherwise, work life balance lacks severely expected to work whenever you are asked. Poor upper mgmt. Support. Great corporate values which are not supported outside corporate office. Compliance Officer does not uphold compliance to company policy. $$$greedy $$$ affect patient care
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Work life balance poor, $$ is focus not pt care
Poorly organizational structure and poor productivity.
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 20, 2017
This company is so far behind in terms of actually understanding a team atmosphere. No one apoears to know what the other is doing. The onboarding process is so dehumanizing and long and wasteful. It's unstructured and impossible to actually understand the needs of the patient and the company because it is so drawn out and useless. The pay is not at all competitive.
Pros
They do provide supplies
Cons
Unorganized, poor management
Enjoyed the patients, not the management
Home Health Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSApril 20, 2017
I enjoyed working with the patients, families, other entities, etc. but was not treated professionally by management. The flex in hours was not what expected or told on hire either.
Great Team Work enviornment
Authorization Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 13, 2017
The teamwork is amazing in my department. Management could be replaced but overall a great place to work. The workload is very stressful but the coworker make it exciting.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
pay is bad

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Encompass Home Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8