ENCOMPASS HOME HEALTH

ENCOMPASS HOME HEALTH Employee Reviews

Visited doctors, hospitals, assisted livings, and provided educational teaching on home health.
Area Manager (Former Employee), Kingfisher, OKJuly 20, 2015
It was an enjoyable job. Great to meet new people including discharge planners, social workers, and nurses. Traveled daily to visit with doctors in different areas regarding services that we could offer.
Wonderful place to work
LPN (Current Employee), Las vegas, NVJune 29, 2015
Providing in home healthcare to patients, drawing labs, wound care, wound vacs, removing staples and sutures, foley insertion and care, assessing pt’s for s/s of infection, or distress, and electronic charting.
Read the fine print
RN case manager (Former Employee), utahJune 27, 2015
They promised me a lot and then the job I was hired to do was not given to me and they "offered" something else that I had no training or experience to do.
Very frustrating. I was uncomfortable about re-certifying patients that were questionable and all they wanted was Medicare patients as the rest really "didn't count" towards the bottom numbers.
I never made enough to cover the wear and tear on my car or family life and now I can't seem to get my 401k money now that I am employed somewhere else.
Awesome culture, Incredible leadership!
Area Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 26, 2015
Pros: PDO, culture, people love their jobs, low turnover, management is engaged and positive!
Cons: None
Wonderful organization! Management is so good at what they do and they create a teamwork environment. CEO is a rock star and loved by all! There are such great rewards in providing excellent home and hospice care to patients and their families, but so much hard work goes into the equation.

Culture is so positive and benefits are excellent, particularly the paid days off.
Promise you the best deliver the least
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), North TexasJune 10, 2015
Pros: My patients and families
Cons: High tunrover, lack of training, no support from management, Inability to use the PDO. Long hours.
Training is nonexistent. New employees are sent into the field with minimal training and are quickly overwhelmed by the job. Turnover rate is very high. Management tells you they are making changes, but nothing materializes due to the high turnover rate. The patients and the families are the best part of the job.

Hours are long. You are expected to routinely work 12-14 hours/day. Because you are salary and they have productivity points, you are not compensated for the extra time.
Overall great place to work
Patient Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Amarillo, TexasJune 1, 2015
The remote scheduling program trial company was trying to implement became overwhelming. There were not sufficient workers to make program successful in the actual location, much less when scheduling remotely from Amarillo.
Everyone getting along with one another.
Physician Liaison (Former Employee), Big Spring, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: Being able to sit down together and discuss patient care.
Cons: Not being compensated for reaching my goals like I was told I would.
Meeting with patients and physicians. Being able to meet my goals in recruiting patients for our services. Everyone helped each others. Management would lend a helping hand in anything that was asked.
Great Place to Work
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMay 7, 2015
Encompass is a wonderful place to work for. The staff was wonderful, and they make you feel like family. There was no undue stress put on you working there.
excellent place to work overall
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Tyler, TXApril 28, 2015
Pros: Excellent pay & friendly work place.
Cons: on call requirements
Management is respectful & simply have standards for employees which is wonderful when ensuring clients needs are met. Only down side is on call requirements for someone who is a single parent with children. Not a lot of room to advance.
Good company to work for
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 15, 2015
Pros: good benefits after 60 days
Cons: the wear and tear on your car
The hardest part of the job is you are always on your own. There is a lot to say about working in teams. You get very little training before you are thrown out on your own. The coworkers are very nice and helpful. The computer charting is the hardest thing to master. The most enjoyable part of the job is the patients. I have learned a lot in the short time I have worked there.
I really enjoy working with clients in the comfort of their own homes
LVN (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 2, 2015
Pros: one on one time with patient
Cons: Distance and drive time between patients
Working home health allows me as a nurse the one on one time needed to fully assist the patient in accomplishing their goal of self sufficiency and independence
Home Health
Registered Nurse- PRN (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 12, 2015
RN home health position, lots of flexibility- decent pay. Good management team. Lots of help from other RNs, don't have to report to the office daily
Great company
Home Health Nurse (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 26, 2015
Excellent company. Travel to patients home to provide care. Great co-workers. Driving is the hardest part. management is professional.
Productive and Fun workplace
Medical Records (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: few holidays
This company is excellent to work for. Six weeks of paid days off each year, paid holidays. Family oriented company.

My day is spent sending orders and talking to physicians offices. I have learned to manage my time more efficiently. Management staff is excellent and always have an open door. I love my co-workers as my family. The hardest part of the job is making sure everything gets done in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of my job is hearing the patients that enjoy our services.
Productive and educational
RN Case Manager (Full-time) (Former Employee), Norman, OKJanuary 29, 2015
Enjoyed working with home health patients. Spent many hours documenting.
DO NOT BELIEVE ALL THE PERKS THEY USE TO LURE YOU IN
Branch Director (Former Employee), TexasJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: patients, some co-workers
Cons: horrible upper mgmt, unrealistic expectations, minimal pay, gossip
I was in management and worked a good 12-14 hours per day not including what I did outside of the office. I was expected to be on call 24/7 with no reimbursment for my time since I was a salaried position. The amount of work they put on their staff is horrible and unrealistic. No matter how much you applied yourself it was never enough to satisfy upper mgmt. The gossip and back stabbing was the ultimate slap in the face and trust me it goes on everyday. Upper mgmt are not even onsite but maybe one day per week and yet they will micromanage you and talk about you to your peers and employees under you. My direct boss would talk about me behind my back to the employees that I managed. At one point I made a formal complaint which never went anywhere and ultimately came back on me. So watch out if you ever have a valid complaint once it gets back to your direct boss (and it will) you will go down from there. That is just a snippit of the gossip and unprofessionalism that goes on with this company. The mgmt play favorites so if you like to brown nose and be the office watchdog and you like to make false accusations and assumptions to report to upper mgmt then this will be a great place for you to work.
The pay is horrible for the workload expected and the time put into working. At EHH your job will come before your family. I lost so much time with my family due to my dedication to my job. They are not family oriented and even though they make you think so it will come back to bite you. I stayed way longer than I should have.
Great software. Always had supplies for clients.
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), Northglenn, COJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: best places to work in denver
Cons: not enough staff to cover when an employee is ill.
Hardest part of the job was the travel. A typical day is going out to meet clients in the home. I learned much about what doctor expect from their clients and how they want us to deliver on-going care in the home and keep the client safe.

My co-workers were great. Very knowledgeable and took me under their wing.
not a good place to work
office manager (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 3, 2015
Was hostile environment with no respect from local management. Lead manager in office incompetent, With no clue as to how what the rest os the staffs jobs entailed on a day to day basis.
I will retire here
Management (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 24, 2014
Pros: paid days off, technology, continuing education, coworkers
Encompass is the best place I have ever worked. They offer hands on training and a lengthy orientation. Their employees are passionate about the patients from the top down. They use state of the art technology for their field staff. They offer unbeatable paid days off for full time employees. All employees, both FT and PT have the opportunity to attend free education classes at the Encompass home office in Dallas. The management team is approachable, caring and hard working.
This is just a great place to work!
good overall
Director of Nursing (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 7, 2014
Pros: atmosphere, coworkers
Cons: for profit
The company seemed overall to be a good company. I wasn't there very long
Headquarters