Encompass Medical Group Employee Reviews

Micromangement for no pay
Medical Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSNovember 6, 2017
If you like being micromanaged for no pay work here. Doctors are the best but management sucks!!! They think if they have a degree they can do no wrong.
Pros
benifits
Cons
slave drivers
Encompass Medical Group
Student Medical Assistant (Externship) (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOSeptember 27, 2017
It's a lovely place to work. I had a summer internship there, and they were very very kind to me. I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone!!
Pros
free lunch
I think it was the lab that I was working at and maybe not the company in a whole but very unorganized and confusing for someone to hope in to start
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grandview, MOJuly 14, 2017
No one told me calling back patients could be a reason they would want to stay after my 90 days I was calling patients back for other people to just get everything done for the day and they hired me right after my internship there from school for a week and expected me to be up to speed with them
Pros
Hour lunch brake and only off clock for 30 of it.
Cons
Unorganized and confusing
overall mgnt not so nice
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 26, 2017
higher mgnt looks down upon workers. There is no chance for moving up in the company. under paid for too much stress. overall most employees are wonderful. The higher mgnt is whats hurting the company and moral or the employees
fun workplace
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOMay 1, 2017
friendly atmosphere, was given great opportunity to learn and gain skills. I enjoyed working for them for the short time I was able to work for this medical facility.
STUDENT MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Independence, MOApril 26, 2017
Great place, great staff, good work environment
physicians are nice, learned a lot, friendly environment , easy work flow, learn something new everyday
Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 3, 2017
They have friendly offices, easy-going doctors who trust their sonographers, a wide variety of scans and balanced schedules
New management
Insurance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 18, 2017
Where do I start? Over all Pretty nice place to work to get your foot in the door for better paying opportunities. Free food, free company items. That's it. Under new management under Billing/Administration the new manager is TERRIBLE. The old one that's retiring is as sweet and a great manager sucks that she is being replaced with a patrol officer. Yup. When I say micro manages, she will stare at you at your cubicle without SAYING anything!! Not only that, but she knows when you use the bathroom, alwasys hovers over you to see how much work you have and before where there was no DAILY quotas, she wants papers that take a lot of work by the way here's the funny part SHE HAS NO IDEA WHAT WORK YOURE DOING or how to do it. She just wants it turned in. She gave me an assignment that was behind in MONTHS and wanted me to finish it in 3 DAYS, AND STAY IN THE PHONES to take patient calls. She would wait for us by our cubicles after lunch to see what time we got there, she would look out the window in the morning to see where we parked. Then told us we couldn't park there. One employee came in after getting her molars pulled out, I'm talking about SWOLLEN face and barely can talk, and the new manager yells at her because she called in a whole day before to let them know she had to go to an appt instead of emailing. Nobody even know when she does her OWN work because she STALKS people. Like people have quit in 2 months of her working there. She wants you tethered to your desk ALL DAY. and if you have to use the bathroom.... she'll find you. Beware. Don't work in the billing section,  more... the rest is ok on the clinical side. But DO NOT WORK there until she quits, retires, or gets fired. If you do take the job. You'll know who I'm talking about immediately. She'll stare at you. Just...stare. It's so creepy. Omg I'm glad I found a better job that pays better. Oh yeah lock your drawers up before you leave, not because of the employees but she goes through your stuff when you're not there.

Again this is only the billing side not the clinical. And the doctors are awesome.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Tons of calls, very low pay, micro management, getting stared at
Work at Encompass
Hospital admission clerk (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 27, 2016
Enjoyed my fellow co-workers, I worked with 3 surgeons and that was not an easy job, I was with the company for 34 years and in that time I went from the lowest jobs to one of the highest for hourly employees.
Co-workers would come to me instead of management to solve or help with problems.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Having to do multiple peoples jobs
opportunistic
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 21, 2016
Taught me all I know about the medical field, Doctors were great to work with as well as other staff members. Encompass gave me the opportunity to develop all of my medical and professional skills.
Fast paced work environment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Independence, MONovember 17, 2016
Very fast paced.
Challenging at times.
Great doctors within the practice.
Great benefits. Vacation, sick and insurance.
.....................?..........
Clueless Management
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 30, 2016
I was lured to the job under false pretenses. The management refuses to pay the value of a qualified lab manager. The one who was there when I was did his best, but his lack of experience was very damaging and he knew it. The lack of adequately trained personnel, policies and procedures communicated by word-of-mouth, and lack of respect from upper management make this a pretty awful place to work.
Pros
Coworkers were amazing
Cons
Upper management was awful.
A lot of turnover
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 22, 2016
Not the best place. Good for experience. Congested place to work. some of the co-workers were okay, others were out to get others. most enjoyable was going home. okay group of doctors, staff hard to know. did not fit in
Pros
close to home
Cons
no recognition and pay
Run run run away
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  wornallMay 15, 2016
Management is clueless to what the staff goes through on a daily basis. You are expected to work through lunch hours and no breaks (might be some legal issues). High turnover rate. You will do twice as many patient day compared to a hospital setting. No call but you are expected to stay past your workday hours to "help the company out."
Pros
Patients are very nice
Cons
Management could care less about you.
Excellent place to work
Medical Records/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gladstone, MOOctober 26, 2015
I worked at three locations. The Gladstone office was the longest and the best regarding all aspects of working with people that were by far the best in the field.
Pros
Working with patients
Cons
Management had some favorites
Great working environment with steady amount of studies per day
Ultrasound Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 15, 2015
Great working environment with hard working co-workers. Hardest part about a day at the office is being patient with radiologists and cardiologists reading and returning results in a timely fashion. Very easy going with steady amount of studies per day. I have become very accustomed to dealing with all types of body habitus, as well as geriatric patients. As private practitioners management and owners do not offer many benefits, other than that it has been a pleasure and a great experience.
Pros
Great staff and co-workers. 8 hours of vacation per month.
Cons
No health insurance benefits. Low pay rate.
Awesome
Phlebotomist - Temporary (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJanuary 31, 2015
I was very excited when i got this position but it was only a temporary position and of course when my time was up, i walked out knowing i did a wonderful job and the experience was amazing.
Terrible experience .
Lab Asst (Former Employee) –  WornallOctober 23, 2014
Coworkers some good.
One bad.

I enjoyed the patients only.
I was treated better by them, than my coworkers.
Pros
Love the patients
Cons
Unprofessional Laboratory
This job was a six week interniship as a Medical Assistant
Student Medical Assistant Internship (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJune 25, 2014
I learned a lot from this externship. There was always something to do to keep you busy. I love this nature of work.
Fast paced, fun, friendly place to work
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOApril 28, 2014
Every day you stay busy, doctors are great and teach you new and interesting things everyday. Great team of medical assistants and nurses. Every thing was hands on.
Pros
Free Lunches, Great work hours, Wonderful incentives