Encompass Medical Group Employee Reviews

New management
Insurance Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 18, 2017
Where do I start? Over all Pretty nice place to work to get your foot in the door for better paying opportunities. Free food, free company items. That's it. Under new management under Billing/Administration the new manager is TERRIBLE. The old one that's retiring is as sweet and a great manager sucks that she is being replaced with a patrol officer. Yup. When I say micro manages, she will stare at you at your cubicle without SAYING anything!! Not only that, but she knows when you use the bathroom, alwasys hovers over you to see how much work you have and before where there was no DAILY quotas, she wants papers that take a lot of work by the way here's the funny part SHE HAS NO IDEA WHAT WORK YOURE DOING or how to do it. She just wants it turned in. She gave me an assignment that was behind in MONTHS and wanted me to finish it in 3 DAYS, AND STAY IN THE PHONES to take patient calls. She would wait for us by our cubicles after lunch to see what time we got there, she would look out the window in the morning to see where we parked. Then told us we couldn't park there. One employee came in after getting her molars pulled out, I'm talking about SWOLLEN face and barely can talk, and the new manager yells at her because she called in a whole day before to let them know she had to go to an appt instead of emailing. Nobody even know when she does her OWN work because she STALKS people. Like people have quit in 2 months of her working there. She wants you tethered to your desk ALL DAY. and if you have to use the bathroom.... she'll find you. Beware. Don't work in the billing section,  more... the rest is ok on the clinical side. But DO NOT WORK there until she quits, retires, or gets fired. If you do take the job. You'll know who I'm talking about immediately. She'll stare at you. Just...stare. It's so creepy. Omg I'm glad I found a better job that pays better. Oh yeah lock your drawers up before you leave, not because of the employees but she goes through your stuff when you're not there.

Again this is only the billing side not the clinical. And the doctors are awesome.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Tons of calls, very low pay, micro management, getting stared at
Fast paced work environment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Independence, MONovember 17, 2016
Very fast paced.
Challenging at times.
Great doctors within the practice.
Great benefits. Vacation, sick and insurance.
.....................?..........
Clueless Management
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 30, 2016
I was lured to the job under false pretenses. The management refuses to pay the value of a qualified lab manager. The one who was there when I was did his best, but his lack of experience was very damaging and he knew it. The lack of adequately trained personnel, policies and procedures communicated by word-of-mouth, and lack of respect from upper management make this a pretty awful place to work.
Pros
Coworkers were amazing
Cons
Upper management was awful.
opportunistic
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 21, 2016
Taught me all I know about the medical field, Doctors were great to work with as well as other staff members. Encompass gave me the opportunity to develop all of my medical and professional skills.
Run run run away
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  wornallMay 15, 2016
Management is clueless to what the staff goes through on a daily basis. You are expected to work through lunch hours and no breaks (might be some legal issues). High turnover rate. You will do twice as many patient day compared to a hospital setting. No call but you are expected to stay past your workday hours to "help the company out."
Pros
Patients are very nice
Cons
Management could care less about you.
A lot of turnover
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 22, 2016
Not the best place. Good for experience. Congested place to work. some of the co-workers were okay, others were out to get others. most enjoyable was going home. okay group of doctors, staff hard to know. did not fit in
Pros
close to home
Cons
no recognition and pay
Great working environment with steady amount of studies per day
Ultrasound Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 15, 2015
Great working environment with hard working co-workers. Hardest part about a day at the office is being patient with radiologists and cardiologists reading and returning results in a timely fashion. Very easy going with steady amount of studies per day. I have become very accustomed to dealing with all types of body habitus, as well as geriatric patients. As private practitioners management and owners do not offer many benefits, other than that it has been a pleasure and a great experience.
Pros
Great staff and co-workers. 8 hours of vacation per month.
Cons
No health insurance benefits. Low pay rate.
Excellent place to work
Medical Records/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gladstone, MOOctober 26, 2015
I worked at three locations. The Gladstone office was the longest and the best regarding all aspects of working with people that were by far the best in the field.
Pros
Working with patients
Cons
Management had some favorites
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Gladstone, MOSeptember 25, 2012
I spent 19 years at this company - I began when it was Prime Health. Prime Health was a great company to work for in all aspects of my job. When it was sold to FCA things were not as good, and became more difficult when purchased by HCA. I resigned my position shortly after it became Encompass. I have heard good things about Encompass from my former co-workers, and I probably would have stayed there if I had anticipated the improvements made in the company after the doctors purchased it and formed Encompass.
Pros
lunches provided daily by the vendors
Cons
often had to stay late for patients when providers were running late
xray tech
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 12, 2013
I loved working with my coworkers and patients and doctors overall a great place to work and have a family like atmosphere with a professional quality. I worked performing x-ray, mammography, and bone density tests including clerical work. The hardest part of the job was juggling multiple patients and the drive from my home to work. I loved how I got to know everyone and enjoyed their personalities. I didn't like that I didn't have much flexibility in my schedule. Overall a good place to work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not flexible
Awesome
Phlebotomist - Temporary (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJanuary 31, 2015
I was very excited when i got this position but it was only a temporary position and of course when my time was up, i walked out knowing i did a wonderful job and the experience was amazing.
A decent place to work if you are a full-time employee.
Cardiac Sonographer/Radiologic Technologist - PRN (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 12, 2013
I learned to work with many types of ultrasound equipment. This was required in order to be able to move around their different locations within the city.

I enjoy my co-workers and working with patients.
Fast paced, fun, friendly place to work
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOApril 28, 2014
Every day you stay busy, doctors are great and teach you new and interesting things everyday. Great team of medical assistants and nurses. Every thing was hands on.
Pros
Free Lunches, Great work hours, Wonderful incentives
Temporary/Seasonal Position
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 23, 2012
This position was season/temporary. I conducted many investigations and completed correspondence with many physician entities.
Pros
felxible hours
Cons
temp position
This job was a six week interniship as a Medical Assistant
Student Medical Assistant Internship (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJune 25, 2014
I learned a lot from this externship. There was always something to do to keep you busy. I love this nature of work.
Best Medical Group in the Greater Kansas City Area
Trainer and Corporate Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMarch 25, 2013
Best Medical Group in the Greater Kansas City Area, always busy and working hard and having fun.
Pros
great staff
Terrible experience .
Lab Asst (Former Employee) –  WornallOctober 23, 2014
Coworkers some good.
One bad.

I enjoyed the patients only.
I was treated better by them, than my coworkers.
Pros
Love the patients
Cons
Unprofessional Laboratory
Externship
Student Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJune 20, 2012
Fast paced environment, kept busy which was nice. Co-workers were caring and helpful.
Pros
steady pace.
Cons
it just being an externship.
Educational
Student Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOApril 15, 2014
This was my externship site. Wonderful people to learn from.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Encompass Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.