Encon Safety Products, Inc. (www.enconsafety.com) started manufacturing operations in 1964. Located in the heart of the U.S. Gulf Coast petrochemical industry, Encon developed its emergency and safety products manufacturing business with a focus on solving problems for hazardous-area applications. Since our inception, Encon has designed and manufactured market-leading personal protective equipment, first-aid products and hazardous-area storage cases for the protection and security of people, plant and equipment.
What will you do with Encon?
- The Electrical Engineer is an exempt position, which performs both semi-skilled and skilled duties. This person is responsible for creating product designs and/or developing sample product to meet pre-qualified specifications as provided by Encon Management, Sales or Marketing (Brand Management) members. Under the supervision of the company Engineering Manager, the engineer will use knowledge of standard electrical engineering practices including cradle-to-grave industry requirements development, design, analysis and testing / verification are necessary. The engineer is also responsible for requirements allocation, circuit design, electro-mechanical systems integration, and qualification/acceptance verification of complex electrical systems and subsystems. This includes definition and planning of the design/development effort, prototyping, verification, and validation. This position requires a broad electrical engineering background, electrical control design and engineering techniques, as well as CAD and graphics skills to plan and conduct independent works which requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Devise new approaches to problems, and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and industry standards. The assignments are project and/or product specific and will be measured on an effort by effort basis. This person would best be an experienced control engineer with a strong electrical background, or vice versa, but not limited to either of these disciplines. Experience with the design and manufacture of fluid pump systems would be beneficial.
- Review or interpretation of engineering plans provided by others to determine correct component orientation and material lists for incorporation into Encon produced product.
- Calculate electrical power requirement and prepare load list and calculate sizing and specify electrical equipment and devices
- Prepare reports, correspondence, procedures, specifications, and technical calculations
- Develop and review one line diagram, schematic diagram, equipment interconnect diagram
- Independently design new electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic control system
- Develop and review PLC control logic diagram for Electrical control of ESEW systems
- Independently create and execute process risk assessments, testing and validation
- Develop specifications and standards for new and existing control systems
- Reverse engineer legacy equipment control systems to ensure accurate prints and adherence to design intent and safety
- Create electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic prints for new or existing legacy equipment utilizing industry standard symbols and nomenclature
- Analyze plans and diagrams provided by customers to determine compatibility of Encon designs or specifications. Inputs to internal customers to provide comment for manufacturing or construction activities to include or meet Encon Safety Products designs..
- Maintain the master written specification file within Encon Safety Products for all emergency shower and eyewash components and assemblies.
- Work closely with Product Management, Customer Service and Engineering Department members to translate product and customer requirements into technical specifications and conceptual designs.
- Lead or support New Product Development Team to ensure that products are designed for reliability, ease of manufacturability and are of superior quality.
- Research product design, capabilities, and compatibility ranges as required and directed by the manager.
- Research industry standards, governmental regulations, certifications and certifying bodies as designated by manager ensuring that specified products are designed, produced and tested to appropriate standards, and that they meet target market and customer expectations.
- Review various resources and prepares analyses or summaries.
- Participate in meetings as required with various managers and vendors to ensure that specifications are clearly defined and understood before commencement of production runs of new products.
- Responsible for all CSA test and certification requirement of Encon products
- As needed and designated by the manger support the need for, and completion of, 3rd party product and process testing and approval.
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary or as required and assigned by the manager.
Education and Experience: (Required education, training, licenses, accreditation or certification and quantity and type of directly related experience. In many cases an “equivalency,” consisting of a combination of education and prior directly related experience, is sufficient for the individual to perform the job satisfactorily.)
- Bachelors Degree: BS in Electrical Engineering or related field, advanced degree preferred
- 5 years minimum of experience in new product development and manufacturing
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: (Indicate the type of knowledge, skills and abilities required, such as verbal and written communication skills, computer skills, technical knowledge, interpersonal skills.)
- Industrial electrical design experience with knowledge of NEC;
- Knowledge of ASME, ANSI, ISO and CSA standards
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Experience using and programming of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Thorough understanding of automation regarding electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic control system
- Project management skills in leading large, complex projects
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot control systems and demonstrated problem solving skills
- Candidates must possess the ability to multi-task, work well in a team environment, but also have the focus and discipline to work independently
- Ability to work independently plus strong organizational and communication skills in both oral and written formats
- Highly motivated and self-starter.
What Are the Benefits?
401k Plan with matching, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and more!
Encon is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Indeed - 13 months ago
With over 35 years experience in the manufacturing of quality safety and protective equipment, Encon Safety Products is a highly respected...