Encore Capital Group Employee Reviews

Awesome Team
IT intern (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 15, 2017
I love working at Encore. They have flexible working hours so I can manage my school easily and the team is really friendly and helpful.This is my first off campus job and I would say I learned many things under this organization.
Not recommended
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 14, 2017
If you are looking for growth opportunity, this may not be the place for you. While the hours allow for work/home life balance, management is lacking and the employee benefits are meager. You will gain experience but do not count on building a career here.
Pros
Gain experience in the industry
Cons
poor management; poor incentives, no room for growth
The work is there
Legal Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 26, 2017
The work is there keep your head down and do your work keep to yourself making friends is not an option just work take good notes and read the SOP participate in all company events and department events keep your opinion to yourself this will help keep a target off your back.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
30 min lunch breaks
People work in fear
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 26, 2017
New management team have created a culture of fear throughout the company. There is a complete lack of communication from the management. There is no long term vision from management, directions are changed constantly.
Boring
Subject Matter Expert (SME)/Legal Specialist (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 20, 2017
Company work ethics is ancient and outdated. This company push paper and the computers are outdated which at times can be difficult to complete assignment given
Pros
Flex schedule hour
Cons
Micro-managing
ok
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 19, 2017
I cannot suggest anything negative nor positive, this is based on individual needs and performance and ability to do the job that they apploy for, other than that there is many positive aspects of job depending on field.
Pros
Transparency
Cons
Location/micromangement
Its ok
Legal Specialist (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 12, 2017
No Grow unless they know you well. I wish they gave more job to the in house instead off the street for growth. Overall its a good place to find security in a job.
Pros
Good pay, Pto
Cons
Healthcare
slow-paced and unambitious workforce
Senior Auditor, Internal Audit (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 4, 2017
Encore has been an eye-opening experience for me and my fellow co-workers (seniors and staff). We all came from top notch accounting/consulting firms and have been let down with the (1) pace; (2) culture, especially tone at the top; (3) lack of leadership skills from management; (4) lack of challenging projects where we can develop new skills; (5) promotions are seldom and few; (6) lack of incentive to put in more than the minimal effort; (7) attempts to drive change via innovation is often dismissed by "the company is not ready for that".

If you are the type of worker that is ok with showing up to the office for mundane tasks with no aspiration to take your career to the next level- this place is for you!
Pros
work environment is super relaxed, I'm hardly ever stressed
Cons
not a place to grow your professional/technical skills
N/a
Facilities and Procurement Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 30, 2017
Thank you for your intereste in my opinion about Encore. I have nothing to comment about. My typical workday was a typical work date. Managment challenges were typical. Culture was typical. The hardest part of the job was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Great company.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMay 18, 2017
This is a great company to work for. The people are cery nice. The training ws very thorough. U learn from th best. I liked th hour lunches tht ws nice.
Pros
Great enviroment
it is an ok company
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 4, 2017
the industry is not good and so the company is not doing well currently. The India team is not helping except for putting more office politics and drama. People leave the company very often and I don't see a lot of promotion opportunity.
If you need a
Legal Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 24, 2017
If you need a pay check and have the ability to with stand all the work that must be kept up with than it is not a back place to start off. You're likely to have a contract renewed than to have the company roll you over into a full time employee. Mean while, you get to hear about job migrating to another country.
good place for coworkers
File Clerk-Internal legal (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 27, 2017
co workers were great . Management was lacking by every department. Work hours were the only pro thing here Location was good close to any food or costco.
Good company to start a career with.
Asst. Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 15, 2017
This company was a great place to start a career with. But awful place to move up on. The company halted growth and expansion. There was no future within the company to expand and learn.
Pros
Good starting company
Cons
Terrible place to work.
Long Days
Benefits Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 18, 2017
Work hours can be long and fast paced. Company is changing but does offer competitive benefits. The work life balance is minimal.
Revolving Door
Process Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 9, 2016
This is not a bad place to work. Management is bad. Turnover is high. Lots of fines from government in the past few years resulting layoffs.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Bad management
Management creates great work environments.
Manager, Facilities (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 30, 2016
Great work environment at all offices throughout the organization. A place where one can advance their education with the company's assistance.
As in all organizations communication could be a little better.
Great executive team.
Pros
Great pace to work
Cons
Could be better on promotions and compensation
Great company for growth and development
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 17, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company. Spent 4.5 years working for an excellent team and department. I learned many new job skills that developed my growth.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 24, 2016
Great place to work. Fast pace organized working atmosphere. I enjoy working for this company but the hardest part of the job was pleasing my manager.
Work
Legal Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNSeptember 18, 2016
I sit at a desk all day. GM's wish for us to have little to no association with our coworkers unless you are a lead or senior specialist.
Management needs to learn to "manage". There is a certain amount of conflict that specialists "take care of ourselves" but management does not step to help combat conflict.
Pros
30 minute lunch break
Cons
No management expertise.