Encore Capital Group Employee Review

View all Encore Capital Group reviews

Collectors wanted
Post-Judgment Representative (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLMay 7, 2014
A typical day with Encore includes multiple calls to consumers on delinquent accounts that resolve and negotiate a resolution to the accounts. This is third party collections for pre-suit accounts to active judgment accounts. Management is amazing. I have learned to not keep all my eggs in one basket. My co-workers are amazing and make coming to work more enjoyable. The hardest part about the job at this time is the realization that my particular building will be closing soon due to outsourcing to India. The most enjoyable part of the job is the free lunches on the last Friday of the month due to the news of the closing.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
closing

Other Encore Capital Group Employee Reviews

Ineffective and Inexperienced Leadership
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 20, 2018
The company listed as Encore Capital Group, formerly known as Asset Acceptance/Midland lacks efficient leadership and staff training. The company has a culture that is reminiscence of a bunch of, "Teenage High Schoolers" in regards to being in a "click" to advance your career and development.If employees are not in the right, "click" then they will never advance. Encore Capital hires the majority of their staff from family members and friends which creates an uncomfortable negative environment. If you are not apart of their hiring staff members "Inner Circle" then there is a higher than likely chance, that you will not being promoted or trained properly.
Pros
The Company wants to Change but doesn't have the proper leadership to do so.
Cons
The managers and leaders lack common respect and courtesy for the staff
One BIG Family
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 17, 2018
Only worked there for 9 months as an Account Manager if it was not for my coworkers I would have left sooner. The pay great with an uncapped bonus but it is very stressful because you have consumers constantly avoiding you and calling you inappropriate names. The Company itself is just like the title states; One Big Family. Everyone is there for you and helps you out especially during the stressful months and you're not close to goal. The environment is friendly and upbeat, and management is very willing to help you succeed.
Since everyone in the company knows how hard being an account manager can be they do try to host little events for employees to stay involved with the company. Example we had Spring Training Day, so everyone was encouraged to dress in their favorite baseball team attire. Overall amazing place to work if you have thick skin.
Pros
Fun, Lots of money
Cons
Stressful