Encore Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

good values
Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee), OhioJuly 7, 2015
love this company, good values, good customer service. CONS- pay freeze for MANY years now. PROS: great support...they use rehab optima which has great support as well
PRODUCTIVE PLACE TO WORK
Physical Therapy Aide/ Receptionist (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 6, 2015
Encore/ Sportsmed was a great place to work I interacted with a lot of patients. I learned a lot from the facility and Im very happy I was able to work at a great facility.
Ok company
Licensed Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee), Northeast OhioApril 21, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: Lack of communication
Communication from management could be better. A lot of work done at home and unpaid. Don't feel there is a large connection to or within the company
Trying to find the positives...
Therapy Program Manager/LPTA (Current Employee), Columbus, OHApril 18, 2015
Pros: Free lunch when RVP is in, 25% 401K match, healthcare insurance, free CEUs
Cons: PTO, prn availability making days off hard, management is incompetent and disorganized
I've been with this organization for 2 years now and have been a staff PTA as well as have advanced into management. I can tell you that it depends on what district you're in how bad or decent it is. I hesitate to even use the word "good" as I have yet to see this company do a good job of treating their employees well. As a staff therapist your productivity standard is very high and ours was raised 5% in a matter of months (some as high as 93%) but overall if you have a good manager and team the experience was not bad. As a manager you will work constantly: before you come in, when you're at work, and when you come home. Oh yes as well as weekends and holidays because the PRN staffing is virtually nonexistent. They promote PTAs and COTAs mostly because they want to pay the least amount possible while slowly taking away PTO and other perks. They will not give you a raise no matter how well you perform so I hope you like your starting pay. They also provide zero resources or training for those who have been promoted yet expect utter competency which makes the job stressful. It appears to be an organization that rewards incompetence and dishonesty at times which is disheartening and terrible for our patients and clients. They have already lost 1 contract and possibly a 2nd since I have been here and some managers have quit. I'm hoping moving to a new district will provide a positive change otherwise my time here will be short lived.
Hard Working
Director of Rehabilitation/COTAL/CKTP (Former Employee), Taylor, Warren MichiganMarch 2, 2015
Dedicated, hard working and experienced individual that would be an asset to any company. Not a micro manager and leads by example.
A great place to work.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant/Licensed (Current Employee), Springfield, OHJanuary 24, 2015
The manager is easy to get along with, very knowledgeable and understanding of your needs. A great team of therapist, fun environment.
Horrible Place to be Employed
Data Entry (Former Employee), Decatur, ALSeptember 29, 2014
Unorganized, uncaring, and unfriendly. When you are "dismissed" for working too much (after you are asked to) and not given any proper training. I would never work for this company if they offered me a million a year!
Fun, educational, and productive work place
Floater Full Time LPTA (Current Employee), Gulf Coast, MSJune 11, 2014
Encore Rehabilitation, Inc has provided me with many varieties of rehabilitation including outpatient, neuro, women's health & incontinence, acute care, SNF, and rehabilitation settings.
Encore is great!
Staff Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Pelham, ALAugust 26, 2013
I loved working with Encore. The staff were so great and positive. It was a great job!
Therapy
COTA (Current Employee), Greenville, MIJune 20, 2013
Complete morning ADLs with schedule patients. I implemented a program to help ADLs get done more often in context. After ADL treatments are complete. Check in with patients. I make my own schedule and am use to working around appointments etc. This requires me to have good time management skills to get through my day. I have learned many different techniques and I am open to always learn more. I work with a very good therapy team. We are a very close group. We find it very important to discuss or patients needs and work together to achieve our goals. Hardest part of my job communication with nursing. This takes time and continued education. The most enjoyable part of my job is when my patients thank me when they get to go home or family thanks me for helping their loved one.
I have enjoyed the opportunity to see different facilities.
COTA PRN (Current Employee), Southwest MichiganFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: electronic notes and billing, friendly staff. travel compensation
Cons: pay rate, no ceu assistance for prn
I enjoy being able to see many different facilities. The staff at each placement has been wonderful to work with. I have found with electronic billing it is a breeze to make productivity and still provide accurate and pertinent information to insurance providers. My favorite part of the job is working with the geriatric population. You never know what tidbit of information you will discover from days gone by, or be surprised at the quick wit of the elderly. The least enjoyable part of my job is the low pay rate and the almost rudeness on the part of the company negotiator. Full-time positions are scarce.
Productive, challanging and safe environment
Therapy\Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Valley, ALJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: learning numerous tasks and procedures
Cons: company had to close
My typical day would start with clocking in, checking appointments,fax,e-mail, voicemail for doctor orders for therapy for the day, prepairing for first appointments, checking voicemails,printing therapy schedules for the day for in\out patients,pulling charts for scheduled appointments for the day, prepairing rooms, customer,charts and supplies for therapist. Applying heat therapy or perform needed deep tissue ultrasounds. Prepair and clean wound care whirlpool, coordinate and assist therapy exercise with patient. The hardest part of the job was experience patients with sever pain. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see the increasing progress of the patients back to a functional life.
A new compnay at the time needing to work out the rough edges.
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee), Toledo, OHAugust 9, 2012
Pros: good salary
Cons: poor management
This was a brand new company at the time and needed to work out a few rough edges. Was overall pleased but needed to work on the management.