Encore Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

Encore Rehab
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, PRN (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 31, 2017
I am a PRN employee I do not receive many hours. Management and my coworkers have been very warm and helpful. I would recommend this employer to a fellow therapist.
Pros
Positive and inviting workplace culture.
Cons
Low hours
Pleasant environment for continual learning.
Therapy Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Englewood, OHJanuary 30, 2017
My days of working at that establishment were very enjoyable with constant episodes of learning in the field of Occupational Therapy with the vast diagnoses that I endured each day. Awesome team and extended co-workers.
Pros
Flexibility, positive environment, great teamwork
Cons
Day to day challenges with upper management
Company does not keep there word
Director of Rehabilitation Services (Current Employee) –  Camden, TNJanuary 2, 2017
This company took over June 2016 and have made changes in every area of work that they said would not change. All changes have created a negative work environment. There has been cuts in pay, cuts in hours, & cut position. Higher expectation from worker with increases in productivity.
Pros
It is close to home
Cons
It is all business, they do not care about the employees.
Ok experience so far.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 28, 2016
Haven't been employed long enough to give a long review. I am a PRN employee. Only been employed for 2 months and so far the experience has been good.
Work
Physical Therapy Technician (Current Employee) –  Ocean Springs, MSOctober 13, 2016
Working at Encore is a very rewarding job, I enjoy helping the patients and helping them achieve their goals. We working mainly with stroke patients and seeing them work as hard as they can to achieve their goals and get back to a functional level is what I love the most. Even though they will never be 100%, the fact that the patients and family are very grateful for that we are able to provide them with hope.
Pros
very rewarding
Cons
no benefits
Friendly Place to work
COTA/L PRN (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RISeptember 8, 2016
The staff is friendly and inviting. The hardest part is this is a long term care facility. The residents who live here pass away here. Its very hard to treat a resident one day and be gone the next. The most I love about what I do is seeing the residents face when I show up to get them for therapy. They look forward to seeing me.
Pros
Friendly and inviting place to work
Your job is only as good as you are
Physical Therapy Technician (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSAugust 10, 2016
This company is a bully. They don't care about you. everyone is replaceable and they treat you that way. Harassment is normal to them. I don't recommend for anyone to work for them. Therapists only care about charges and their paychecks.
Pros
1hr lunch
Cons
everything
The clinic was physical therapy with a specialist in Women's and Men's Health.
OFFICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJune 29, 2016
As office coordinator I was in charge of the front end of the clinic and helped as needed on the floor. I was responsible for answering the phones, scheduling, insurance verification, ordering supplies, scheduling new patients and explaining benefits, taken payments, charges, staying in compliance with health insurance guidelines, end of the month reports, chart reviews (including current orders, signed evaluations and progress notes) and safety compliance.
Very supportive therapy staff, odd amount of clashing amongst nursing, administration and therapy can cause some rifts.
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 1, 2016
Maintaining productivity can be difficult at times due to some patients having difficult personalities and behaviors. Job is always interesting, especially for a SNF and subacute setting.
Residents and co-workers pleasant and generally easy to work with.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  various SNF in oakland and livingston countiesMarch 3, 2016
Fast paced, with high value to patient care. PTs and other supervisors where on hand for questions when needed. I was able to clock out for breaks when needed. Patient daily notes where minimal and did not take up time that should be spent one on one with the patient.
Pros
Pleasant environment, minimal patient documentation
Cons
PRN work, not reliable hours, mostly weekends.
Great job, no room for advancement/raises
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIFebruary 20, 2016
I would stay with this company forever if they would appreciate their employees and offer raises or any sort of perk to stay! As an employee who came in as a new grad, its hard to justify staying with no benefits!
Good place to start
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIAugust 2, 2015
Its a good place to get your feet wet as a beginning therapist. The management is excellent with a come in when you want work policy. Work colleges are amazing. The facility itself is questionable.
Pros
Managment, time-off when requested
Cons
Cruel and unusal pay scale
good values
Speech-Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  OhioJuly 7, 2015
love this company, good values, good customer service. CONS- pay freeze for MANY years now. PROS: great support...they use rehab optima which has great support as well
Productive place to work
Physical Therapy Aide/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 6, 2015
Encore/ Sportsmed was a great place to work I interacted with a lot of patients. I learned a lot from the facility and Im very happy I was able to work at a great facility.
Ok company
Licensed Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Northeast OhioApril 21, 2015
Communication from management could be better. A lot of work done at home and unpaid. Don't feel there is a large connection to or within the company
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Lack of communication
Trying to find the positives...
Therapy Program Manager/LPTA (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 18, 2015
I've been with this organization for 2 years now and have been a staff PTA as well as have advanced into management. I can tell you that it depends on what district you're in how bad or decent it is. I hesitate to even use the word "good" as I have yet to see this company do a good job of treating their employees well. As a staff therapist your productivity standard is very high and ours was raised 5% in a matter of months (some as high as 93%) but overall if you have a good manager and team the experience was not bad. As a manager you will work constantly: before you come in, when you're at work, and when you come home. Oh yes as well as weekends and holidays because the PRN staffing is virtually nonexistent. They promote PTAs and COTAs mostly because they want to pay the least amount possible while slowly taking away PTO and other perks. They will not give you a raise no matter how well you perform so I hope you like your starting pay. They also provide zero resources or training for those who have been promoted yet expect utter competency which makes the job stressful. It appears to be an organization that rewards incompetence and dishonesty at times which is disheartening and terrible for our patients and clients. They have already lost 1 contract and possibly a 2nd since I have been here and some managers have quit. I'm hoping moving to a new district will provide a positive change otherwise my time here will be short lived.
Pros
Free lunch when RVP is in, 25% 401K match, healthcare insurance, free CEUs
Cons
Pto, prn availability making days off hard, management is incompetent and disorganized
Hard Working
Director of Rehabilitation/COTAL/CKTP (Former Employee) –  Taylor, Warren MichiganMarch 2, 2015
Dedicated, hard working and experienced individual that would be an asset to any company. Not a micro manager and leads by example.
A great place to work.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant/Licensed (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 24, 2015
The manager is easy to get along with, very knowledgeable and understanding of your needs. A great team of therapist, fun environment.
Horrible Place to be Employed
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALSeptember 29, 2014
Unorganized, uncaring, and unfriendly. When you are "dismissed" for working too much (after you are asked to) and not given any proper training. I would never work for this company if they offered me a million a year!
Fun, educational, and productive work place
Floater Full Time LPTA (Current Employee) –  Gulf Coast, MSJune 11, 2014
Encore Rehabilitation, Inc has provided me with many varieties of rehabilitation including outpatient, neuro, women's health & incontinence, acute care, SNF, and rehabilitation settings.