Encore Staffing Services Employee Reviews

Encore Staffing/Mission Foods
Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 19, 2016
Encore Staffing found me my desired position and pay at mission foods. Both companies were professional and had upbeat teams.
Mission Foods, where i actually worked, was a go at your own pace night shift where we filled invoices and prepared them for shipment using electric pallet jacks and forklifts.
My supervisor and the other associates taught me the date codes to ensure product viability upon delivery to the varied destinations, as well as the most basic of maintenance for my lifts.
Being my own time keeper was the hardest and most fun part of the position.
Encore Staffing
Sioux Chief (Former Employee) –  Peculiar, MO 64078May 20, 2016
It was a good staffing company, they found me jobs quick. The people was easy to get alone. My experience there was ok I couldn't see myself working there a long period of time
It was actually a pretty fun job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  3100 Broadway st #129 Kansas City, MOMarch 3, 2016
Working for Ergon Armor was a pretty cool knowledgeable experience. (FUN FACT) The CEO is a Forbes list Mississippian.
Once again switching the type of machinery now working with liquid adhesive and thing of that nature.
Pros
learned allot
Fast paced work enviroment
Sioux Chief (Former Employee) –  Raymore, MOApril 15, 2016
I was assigned to work at a plumbing material production plant. It was a fast paced environment, requiring extra attention to detail and safety measures.
Exhausting
Newspaper Stacker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAApril 29, 2015
A typical day at work fast pace, I did not learn much because the machine were always breaking down.The management wasn't to helpful. My co-workers were lazy came into work tired, it was a third shift job.The hardest part of the job was the machine kept breaking down,the enjoyable part was we got to home early when that happen.
Pros
Cons
Long shift before breaks
very productive work environment fast paced and stable
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 29, 2015
I worked as a general laborer my daily tasks ranged from packing shipping receiving palletizing customer service working in a fast paced environment diffusing situations with customers and drivers coming in to receive the product
Pros
free lunches, stablility
Great Place to Get a start
Researcher Analyst (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 2, 2015
Great place to get started and to get some work experience. Got to learn to deal with different types of employers and employees. Did not like the fact that there was no opportunity to advance.
Pros
get work experience
Cons
not open to advancement
Loved working with the community
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 13, 2015
My overall day ways always busy worked with lots of people helping them find jobs some of them where really good workers some of them would not hold down the job or even show up that was the only down fall of the working with encore.
Pros
working with people
Cons
people not showing up for there job.
Fun work place professional at all times
Packing (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 29, 2014
It was a good job love packing.
I learn how to pack the right item into boxes and how to Carry boxes the right way.
Good management no doubt
My co workers are awesome strictly work business
My hardest part of the job was trying to carry the heavy boxes put I got it after all good experience ever.
The most enjoyable part of the job was me love what I do no completes love my duties.
Pros
lunch break
Cons
short breaks
Jobs just keep getting worse
temp (Current Employee) –  Overland ParkMarch 18, 2014
(worked through them for about 6 yrs)

The staffing coordinators may appear to be your buddies, but they're not. They like for you to do them favors by covering a job/shift for them etc, but if you ever need them to return a favor, all of the sudden they get hostile & treat you like you're some kind of thug.

These staffing coordinators hold a great deal of power over your finances/income & are very vengeful. So, you got to always keep in mind that they don't like you & you're better off not using temp agencies.
Cons
staffing coordinators
Easy going
Heating Presser (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 24, 2014
This is a temp service so I would call on an as needed basis. Learned how to adjust to different companies policies and procedures. Management anti-sociable do not tell employees much information about the work environment. Co-workers were sociable and aware employees about the work place. The hardest part was getting steady work. The most enjoyable is that the staffing company will always able to place me elsewhere if an employee disagree with the work place.
Pros
there for me on a as needed basis.
Cons
short on work time to time
Fun working environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 5, 2013
I would arrive at work, put my hairnet on, bump cap and ear plugs in. Arrive at designated machine, turn it on to get warm, made sure every part of the machine is in working condition and then add mixture into hopper. Checked to see where first shift left off in the box count of product so that I can continue on with the next number. I learned how to fix minor repairs on the machine. Management was great to work with. Co workers were nice and helpful. Hardest part of the job was taking the machine apart for cleaning and putting it back together. The most enjoyable part of the job was how well the supervisor and employees got along so well.
Pros
stress free environment
Cons
short breaks
They were Fair.
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOJune 26, 2013
I never had a problem with Encore Staffing. It seemed that they always had the employee in mind, even when they were at home sleeping. Ive worked a total of 3 assignments for my employment. My first was at MicroFinish and I had to lift heavy raw matels and place them on hooks to be painted. Occasionally I would be able to paint them as well. I had another assignment at Whisk, where I learned how to deal with chemicals and packaged them. I worked for a day for a construction company cleaning up the site and has been slow since then.
Pros
opportunity with employers
Cons
work is spotty
very interesting variety of job duties.
Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Canyon Country, CAMarch 12, 2014
Receiving and distribution of computer equipment at Universal Studios; Preparing used equipment for redeployment or retirement.
Technical Environment: Inventory Management on Universal Studios internal software, UNIboot and other Hard Drive cleaning and formatting software, MS Outlook, MS Excel.
Pros
fun environment for work and enjoyable co-workers
Cons
lots of heavy lifting at times
The agency called sometime to see if available
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 22, 2013
The days were light warehouse work,from what im used to,i've learned they didnt have alot of project for my criteria. Recruiters were helpful for the most part. Co-workers was fairly nice to be around in an safe haven facility,the hardest part about the job(s) was waiting for an job opening and the best part was weekly pay checks.
Pros
it was a job that was flexible
Cons
no long-lasting positions
productive
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2015
As a QC Inspector I've learned to be patient and responsible, I've learned to carry on my shoulders a big responsibility , not only for my job position but for the whole warehouse.
Pros
paid hollydays
Cons
low salary
Fast Paced Environment
Assistant Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  3002 Hempland Road, Lancaster, PADecember 20, 2013
Would get computers running. prepare the office environment to make sure everything was tidy and organized and above all clean, the staffing coordinators were always willing and available to assist me in any duty I had doubts about. I learned that age and race are never an obstacle for a person to get ahead in life, it is just to be persistent, outgoing and being positive that makes the difference. Got to learn how many community agencies exist and are willing and wanting to help immigrants to get established in the states, and will go out of their way to make it easier for these immigrants to apply for a job. They would find translators so they would be interviewed and many of them were hired and were faithful, loyal employees.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
was only temp and had no health benefits.
ok company
Temporary Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wentzville, MOFebruary 23, 2015
first job i was placed at I really enjoyed, since the first job ive been told they no longer have jobs. I did good at the first job so I know I wasn't put on the no hire list. I continue to contact them for work and keep getting the same answer
Administration
Administration (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 12, 2015
The atmosphere was funny energetic fun and exciting. Although business operations was everyone's primary focus and goal set to exceed the culture of the operation was very easy going.
Great place to start out
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Belton, MOJuly 22, 2013
If you are a hard worker, you will most likely find full time work at one of the companies Encore will send you to. The staffing coordinators are friendly and actually care about you.
Pros
easy to get work fast
Cons
when companies are in their off seasons you may not get work

Encore Staffing Services Reviews by Location