Contract - 6 months + (Must be able to work onsite.)
Our client is a major player in the entertainment industry who is located in the San Fernando Valley, north of Los Angeles, they are in need of multiple programmer/analyst for and up to one year contract engagement which is slated to start immediate.
We are looking for senior level C Language/Database programmers who has done development in both Windows and Linux/Unix Platforms and who preferably worked with both relational and hierarchical (such as VSAM or ISAM) databases. We are looking for developers that have worked on applications that encompassed large amounts of data and who fully understand data relationships and data migration.
A working understanding of Enterprise JAVA and Web Services is highly desired. The assignment involves maintenance and enhancements to existing applications (financial and accounting) written in Fortran/C that were migrated from Windows 3.1 to Linux, and assisting in the migration in the data and logic of those applications to a new platform, currently being developed in Enterprise Java and DB2 incorporating web services capability and functionality.
- Extensive hands on experience programming in C working on data intensive applications.
- Experience working with LINUX and/or UNIX
- Extensive hands on experience working with relational data bases, such as SQL and DB2 with experience working with hieratical data based highly desired.
- Working knowledge of data migration and data relationships within a database structure
- Strong analytical skills and experience in data and application logic migration
- Some hands on knowledge of JAVA EE and Web Services (such as JBOSS)
- Experience working in an business/enterprise application development environment
- Ability to program and/or decipher code written in Fortran 77
- Flat file ISAM Mainframe Experience
- Experience working with Windows 3.1
- Experience creating documentation
- Hands on experience working with payroll applications
- J2E Programming Experience
Don't hesitate! We welcome your application! For immediate consideration, please send your resume as a word doc (preferred).