Endicott Interconnect

Endicott Interconnect Employer Reviews

Major improvement
Test Tech (Former Employee), Endicott, NYOctober 8, 2014
A typical day would be meeting demands on an occasional basis; no solid structural needs.
Var. Machine Operator/Trainer (Former Employee), Endicott, NYMarch 22, 2013
I gained most of my machine operators skills at EIT. My exerience with this company was good and a knowledgable one...
unstable work place
Drill Machine Operator (Current Employee), Endicott, NYOctober 18, 2012
Pros: enjoy what i do
Cons: layoffs and workshare
this company has layoffs and places workers on shared work through nys labor department.
What I do at my job is enjoyable to me, the people I work with are friendly and easy to work with.
department managers are concerned about their employees but the company has had layoffs about every six months or workers have been placed on shared work through nys – more... labor department. – less
Enjoyable environment but lack of company structure
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Endicott, NYAugust 3, 2012
Pros: learning new things when there is downtime and being able to build friendships with co-workers
Cons: constantly running out of parts or matierals
Learned how to operate and program drill, lazer and xray machines using touch screen and dos programs.

Co-workers had good work ethics, may competed with each other to move product.

Enjoyed working with manager, made job easier by working with us to help the day flow.

Hardest thing was showing up to work and being told there is no work for us to – more... do and be told to go home.

I enjoyed learning anything I could to keep myself busy and making myself more valuble to the company. – less
Not the best place if you want a steady career, but they do teach you alot.
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee), Endicott NYJuly 9, 2012
Pros: i liked the actual work and it was close to home
Cons: no raises, no advancement, too demanding, there was no healthy balance between work and homelife.
I was fortunate that I found work at this company at a time in my life when I really needed work...ANY work and I am still grateful that they gave me a chance to learn new things.

While there, I got reacquainted with the manufacturing business, which I had not been a part of for almost two decades. I learned some valuable skills, but I was never rewarded – more... for learning or applying those skills. I had 12 certifications in various operations, and in 4 years, there were no raises and no opportunity for advancement, even though I was promised both when I was hired.

EIT is a place where you come to work and its expected of you to give 110% of your time, resources and skill. I had no idea that I would be working extended hours and mandatory overtime every weekend for almost 4 years. I enjoyed the actual work. I liked what I did very much, but I never had much time left over for family, friends, or myself for that matter.

In short, I have worked in worse and even more dangerous environments, but I believe that people need to be appreciated. Burn out was very common, and the turn over was very high. I would not recommend anyone to work there for an extended period of time. Learn what you can, and go find something else. – less