Endurance International Group Employee Reviews

Some good people!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MA 01803November 28, 2017
You will have the pleasure to work with some great people! Truly talented and passionate people make coming to work a real pleasure. Of course, everywhere has it's pros and cons. Have to question if half the leadership are really qualified and if they care about their customers at all.
game room provided
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 28, 2017
one good perk about working at EIG was their game room. They would also supply drinks (soda pop machine, water) and popcorn. never had enough time to use it for what it was worth.
typical day
Accounts Payable Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 16, 2017
it is a fast paced environment, with not a lot of room to grow advance.

Morale right now is quite low as we have a new CEO and no one knows how long we are going to be around
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long days
love it here
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 5, 2017
i love endurance. i feel it is more difficult to get into management however there is a huge turn over rate. I would stay if i didnt have to relocate.
Pros
food, environment, culture, pay
Cons
turn over rate
Great Enviroment
Advanced Hosting Coach Support (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 2, 2017
Amazing Place to work, awesome staff! Learned a great deal of coaching skills, opportunity to grow my self and understanding. Helped sharpen my tools for succeeding in my jobs.
Terrible place to work
Bluehost - Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 2, 2017
I wouldn't recommend anyone to work there, the company has no investment in their people and only care about their stats. They represent themselves as a quality hosting company and most of their products are garbage. They do not take care of their customers and do not have their interests in mind. Just keep adding more and who cares about the ones we have.
Poor training and management ruins an otherwise pleasant job
Web Advisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 12, 2017
Working frontline support here was stressful, requiring you to be in a minimum of 4 chats for chat support, and constantly keeping metrics balanced at levels few agents are able to achieve. Additionally, especially for more recent hires, most frontline agents were not provided the access and training necessary to complete their job functions well.

Once you advance to an admin rank which allows you to work tickets instead of frontline support, the job becomes pleasant and allows you to learn tasks which transfer better to other departments. However, the process to become promoted is heavily political and dependent much more heavily on attendance than seems reasonable.
Pros
relaxed work environment, decent health benefits
Cons
Extremely poor upper-level management (for the most part), low pay, poor training for lower levels
Overall, bad company but better than its competitors
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 28, 2017
Poorly operated company. They dont allow life to interfere with work. I tore my acl & they wouldnt hold my job for 2 weeks because i didnt qualify for FMLA but did for Short term disability. Decent pay and bonuses but poor contact between T1 and T2 tech support only leads to irritated customers.
Pros
Decent pay and bonuses
Cons
Way too many to list here.
nothing to say
Technical Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 28, 2017
Typical day includes troubleshotting for customers and expecdting to not be off the phone unless it is scheduled. Great breakroom. Ping pong tables, coffee and snacks.
It was great to start
Small Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 21, 2017
It was great at the beginning, then came the changes, commissions were sort of capped, they wanted to incentivize the middle to lower tier sales agents, If you are in the top percentage you actually lose money.
Then the politics come into play, they like yes people...
EIG is by far one of the best employers I've worked for!
Server Professional - Web Advisor II (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 21, 2017
Working at EIG was fun, challenging, and overall a great place to work! The benefits were great, the environment was awesome and I learned a lot. There is much opportunity for advancement and management was super helpful.
Opportunity to get into the tech industry
Tech Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 18, 2017
Good opportunity for entry level engineers looking for a support role. Many incentives and programs in place to enable support specialist to make more money.
Great learning experience
Data Engineer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MASeptember 10, 2017
Great company culture. Free catered lunch and snacks every day. Cool co-workers and supervisors/managers. Lots of fun activities to do on campus and fun activities planned each month.
The people that you work with are some of the best people, with life-long friendships forming regularly.
fun
​Account Manager, (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 6, 2017
Great company culture. They treat their employees far better than most contact centers. Free catered lunch every month and free snacks every week. Cool co-workers and supervisors/managers.
Pros
fun, 401k, life insurace
Cons
long hrs, bad, workplace
Competitve, busy work environment
Director, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 24, 2017
The Tempe office is a great place to work, it has a very healthy culture and strong management team. Good benefits, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement.
Life at endurance
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 31, 2017
Endurance was a fast pace environment. I learned new things everyday here. People where nice and from different states, i was able to experience different perspectives on the way people vision the world.
Pros
wok was simple
Cons
need more breaks calls can be very stressful
Underpaid
Sales and Technical Support Tier II (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 25, 2017
Exciting work talking to customers and resolving issues. Also required to generate sales. Often this is a negative because the customer did not call about upgrading. Sometimes it is a good thing because you can help the customer to be more successful when they did not realize what the offerings were. A large part of the salary was dependent on sales. Not enough emphasis was place on satisfying the customer. The base salary was very low considering the skills required. Management was generally good, but policies shifted to a largely micro-managed system that was detrimental to the office environment.
Fast Growing Business
Server Professional (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 23, 2017
This job is great for those who can learn information quickly. In order to excel one must take the initiative to learn during personal. While working there several employees quickly were promoted. Some of these employees were working there for as short as 1 month before receiving a promotion. If you are a hard worker and can take the initiative to learn then you should rise quickly.
Pros
Free lunches on Thursdays, Overtime, good healthcare, ping pong/pool tables, great PTO/vacation policy.
Cons
Training needs to be longer; trainers had to cover a ton of material in a short timeframe.
One of the best companies I have ever worked for
Instructional Designer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 15, 2017
Honestly, the culture at EIG, and further more within each brand, is one of the greatest aspects of working here. Every employee that I have interacted with shares a common goal of being successful, so they often times go above and beyond to be approachable. Within my first year at the company, I had plenty of opportunities to spend time with management and my supervisors, at and outside the office.

For HostGator specifically, free meals are provided with each shift. There is always a fresh pot of coffee brewed in every wing of the building. For anyone searching for that mid day snack, a full service snack and vending area is in the break room, with a self check out kiosk. The Houston office has a gym, that can be utilized at any time by employees, a gaming area with a giant TV and a PS4 as well as a N64 and countless games. The break room has a pool table, air hockey table, a couple of ping pong tables, and an arcade cabinet with hundreds of old school games.

Every month, the culture committee comes up with a fun company-wide outing where the brand spends tons of money on the employees. This includes things like crawfish party on the garage roof, to laser tag, to summoning an awesome variety of food trucks to the office, and giving each and every employee a ticket to use towards any meal that the food truck provides. In months when a really popular movie is about to come out, the company rents out a theater near by and provides employees with pre-screening tickets. We watched Star Wars 7, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, and others, days before they came out to the general
  more... public.

Other benefits, like health insurance and dental are provided through the company. Pay checks are provided bi-weekly. And getting paid time off is easier than breathing. Depending on the amount of time that you spend with the company, you can get between 6 hours to almost 9 hours of PTO every pay period added to your bank.

Moving up in the company is easy. Nearly every employee in the brand starts off at front line support. There is a clear and well defined path for promotion, moving on to level 2 front line. From there, if you want to go the management route, you can become a web coach, and then work your way to team supervisor. Alternatively, if you want to go the technical route, you can move up to level 3 front line, and then you ascend to admin status, and work in migrations, or security.

The one and only downside with the company is that they do not compensate employees at a rate that is on par with competitors and other companies.
Pros
Free meals, monthly company activities, in-office gym, free coffee, fixed work schedule, flexible paid time off, reasonable attendance policy
Cons
the pay is less than competitors
A great place to start a career in IT/web support
Web Advisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 12, 2017
I came into that job knowing virtually nothing. I was given 2 weeks of training and put on chats to help customers with web hosting issues. There was a steep learning curve but everyone in the office was very supportive and helpful. As I learned I became one of them.

My managers were very personable and likable. I deeply appreciate my experience there.
Pros
Great team
Cons
Knowledge Base could have been better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Endurance International Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9