Endurance Employee Reviews

Fast paced rewarding environment
Lead Infrastructure Operations (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYApril 25, 2017
Your work is challenging, but very rewarding. Your are given the freedom to be creative in your approach and it is appreciated greatly by management when you give extra effort.
workplace culture
Vehicle Protection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 10, 2017
this company is good to work at. you learn a lot and deal every day people. work place is like a big family and always willing help out. very enjoyable
Not seen a more toxic environment, this company is a joke
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYJanuary 25, 2017
Sweat shop in the 21st century. Consultants are treated worse than second class citizens. Full time employees treated marginally better compared to the consultants. Does not matter how productive you may be, it is a slave and master environment. If you ever dare to refuse politely something outrageous, seen as insubordination. Not encountered more unprofessional and disrespectful behavior in a career spanning two decades, strangely from senior management employees. Too much politicking and back biting. You could be the worst at your job and may be goofing up day after day, but you will survive if you can kiss the business's backside. Trust me, I can give you names in PMO who make a living just that way. Ironically, the higher management lacks the basic skills and understanding of the ground level tasks. Short-sighted planning, lack basic understanding of process. PMO is a joke and farce, theyre just trying to make it to the last few years to retirement. Will micromanage you to death despite their own incompetence. Senior IT management promises business without even consulting people who do the real work. The most talented are unfortunately not making the decisions, rather are merely following instructions. Don't believe me? Ask anyone who works in IT. Would give a negative, not 1/5 if it were possible. Need names, could provide those as well. Worked in numerous environments, would not work here ever, even if it were the last company that survived.
Pros
If there were would have stated them, not here to comment on the coffee and snacks
Great Company - not so great computer systems
Technical Accountant (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYJanuary 23, 2017
Endurance is a great company to work for - fantastic management who actually care about their employees and want to see them grown and succeed.
Pros
Abundance of learning opportunities, snacks, drinks, dinners during overtime, the best health insurance and company offset of costs
Cons
Computer systems are outdated and cannot handle current business growth, IT is slow to move forward, their goal is to as cheaply as possible
Little/No ability to progress or transition; not enough staff for the workload; hardworking employees are overlooked;
miscellaneous (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYJanuary 20, 2016
Contract binding unit - Only 1 or maybe 2 people in upper management that tries to help staff but not enough to help; upper management is not around/non existent in office, not very helpful and only concerned about numbers not people; core employees are overworked and overlooked; little to no chance for progression or promotion; completely understaffed; improper compensation; poor bonuses; no training - mostly self taught; issues and awareness must be brought up by employees; no acknowledgement or appreciation of staff; Office manager is condescending, disdainful, and narcissistic; upper management only seems to worry and think about themselves; if you want to get anything out of it you have to take your own initiative and do things for yourself; core group of employees are what make the job worthwhile; only good part is there is work to keep you busy and you build relationships with the staff and producers you work with.
Pros
Decent benefits - health, life, 401k; convenient location
Cons
Everything listed in the review
Recognizing the value of skills and talents
Underwriting Assistant (Current Employee) –  ZurichMarch 16, 2014
A shared commitment to integrity, teamwork, agility, execution and excellence defines Endurance work culture, while investing in the employees through a variety of growth and learning opportunities and reward them through a performance-based compensation program.
Great team that works together through various challenges
Reinsurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYFebruary 9, 2014
I have learned a lot in my time at Endurance, as I had no experience in the insurance/reinsurance industry prior to this position. Our group has several quarter-end and year-end responsibilities that can often be difficult to balance. The experience has definitely made me stronger and I have a great team and manager and we are always willing to help one another and work as a team. There have been various management and organizational restructuring that seem to consistently cause changes to our day-to-day responsibilities as well as our work-life balance. I greatly appreciate everything I have learned and the people I have met in my four years at Endurance. My computer skills, notably Excel, have improved greatly. I have learned a lot about this industry, and have interacted with many different people and I definitely have enjoyed that part of this job.
Lunch and learn courses several times a year and ample parking.
Senior Analyst, Insurance Services (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 9, 2013
Endurance is an enjoyable work atmospher, with many oportunities to learn other department funtions. Promotions are often given is one put in a lot of effort and willingness learn and take on additional work.
Pros
kitchen stacked with breakfast and snacks.
Cons
educational assistance is limited
Difficult place to work
VP (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesDecember 26, 2012
The company overall has a lot of potential. Demanding managment the requires you to sacrafice family time for company. Going through a lot of growing pains. However, the pay and benifits are well above industry standards.
Pros
great pay and benifits
Cons
micro management and strong work/life unbalance culture