Endurance Employee Reviews in United States

Little/No ability to progress or transition; not enough staff for the workload; hardworking employees are overlooked;
miscellaneous (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYJanuary 20, 2016
Contract binding unit - Only 1 or maybe 2 people in upper management that tries to help staff but not enough to help; upper management is not around/non existent in office, not very helpful and only concerned about numbers not people; core employees are overworked and overlooked; little to no chance for progression or promotion; completely understaffed; improper compensation; poor bonuses; no training - mostly self taught; issues and awareness must be brought up by employees; no acknowledgement or appreciation of staff; Office manager is condescending, disdainful, and narcissistic; upper management only seems to worry and think about themselves; if you want to get anything out of it you have to take your own initiative and do things for yourself; core group of employees are what make the job worthwhile; only good part is there is work to keep you busy and you build relationships with the staff and producers you work with.
Pros
Decent benefits - health, life, 401k; convenient location
Cons
Everything listed in the review
Amazing project experience temp job
Equipment Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCMay 17, 2016
I learned alot with this company. Allowed my skills to be used accordingly to work this project accordingly to what they needed!
Great team that works together through various challenges
Reinsurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYFebruary 9, 2014
I have learned a lot in my time at Endurance, as I had no experience in the insurance/reinsurance industry prior to this position. Our group has several quarter-end and year-end responsibilities that can often be difficult to balance. The experience has definitely made me stronger and I have a great team and manager and we are always willing to help one another and work as a team. There have been various management and organizational restructuring that seem to consistently cause changes to our day-to-day responsibilities as well as our work-life balance. I greatly appreciate everything I have learned and the people I have met in my four years at Endurance. My computer skills, notably Excel, have improved greatly. I have learned a lot about this industry, and have interacted with many different people and I definitely have enjoyed that part of this job.
Difficult place to work
VP (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesDecember 26, 2012
The company overall has a lot of potential. Demanding managment the requires you to sacrafice family time for company. Going through a lot of growing pains. However, the pay and benifits are well above industry standards.
Pros
great pay and benifits
Cons
micro management and strong work/life unbalance culture
Lunch and learn courses several times a year and ample parking.
Senior Analyst, Insurance Services (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 9, 2013
Endurance is an enjoyable work atmospher, with many oportunities to learn other department funtions. Promotions are often given is one put in a lot of effort and willingness learn and take on additional work.
Pros
kitchen stacked with breakfast and snacks.
Cons
educational assistance is limited
Enjoyable Place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILSeptember 19, 2012
A fun place to work, mainly a sales office. The people you work with are all down to earth, but you will see mixed emotions based on there sales performance. That goes with any sales company though.
Pros
good people, interesting atmosphere
Cons
not the best benefits