Enercon Employee Reviews

Laid back atmosphere for the most part.
GEORGIA FACILITY PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, GeorgiaMay 26, 2017
They do not micro-manage you, which I loved. Most of the people were very easy to work with. The bad thing is work flow, it's up and down as to how busy you are.
Pros
Nice atmosphere
Cons
Work flow... feast or famine
Productive place
JR. Engineer / CAD Designer & Drafter (Former Employee) –  Mount Arlington, NJMay 22, 2017
 As a designer I lead various projects including site security fence and camera installations, air compressor replacements and piping replacement for nuclear facilities around the United States
The work is nice and climate controlled
Assembler, pack (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MEMay 6, 2017
It's not a bad place to work but not much as far as career advancments. I've worked there for 4 years and it's been nice, I just want more advancement opportunities.
Hanford Contractor - no longer there.
CLERK (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAApril 20, 2017
Contracting work at Hanford Nuclear Reservation. Company is no longer there. Had to retype numurous tables from scanned documents, copy and distribute reports.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Barnesville, GAApril 9, 2017
Didn't know what to expect when work got slow may be layed off at anytime but when work was good lots of overtime could be worked for the most part it was always good to be a part of the Enercon team
Good office location
Pipe Stress Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 7, 2017
The company is well organized . The given task time was tight. The company took most of the FLEX works in the nuclear industry .
The location of the office is good.
Well run operation
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEMarch 31, 2017
I would "pick kits" until UPS showed up, then I would receive in all new product, unpack it and add it to inventory via our inventory management software. Then assign it to a rack and put it away. I would then continue picking kits until it was time to ship any product in the afternoon.
Pros
We were self managed with the freedom to run our department how we saw fit.
Cons
Sometimes, management wouldn't communicate well and things got shipped to incorrect addresses.
Enercon does their best to take care of their employees
Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 21, 2017
Enercon is a positive work place that employees high quality people. There are several different expertise required employees require to make the organization function. They are a pleasure to work with
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
Sometimes long hours are required
ENERCON Services is a good place to work
Principal Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMarch 7, 2017
A good place to work with very professional personnel. It is relatively new (10+ years) and is in the process of fully establishing the needed engineering technical standards for young engineers to become successful. However, it has several well qualified and senior engineers to off set this deficiency.
Pros
Very professional and good place to work
Cons
Senior contributing engineers are first to be laid off when the business slows down.
Intense work experience with low job security.
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAFebruary 28, 2017
This job was intensely high in work and experience. In it I learned much more than I did before I got there. There was always something new to discover and master. Benefits and pay compensation was excellent. Job security and advancement was not a strong suit.
Pros
Lots of intense work and experience.
Cons
Low job security and advancement.
Good money, tedious work
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 22, 2017
Enercon offers an excellent salary and benefits to engineers starting out in their careers. Branch management is typically good, corporate management is tedious.

When there is work, you will be kept extremely busy with clients demanding a grueling schedule. If the office is light on work, there is little to do, and if work does not pick up, there is a high likelihood of getting laid off.
Good Company
Senior Cyber Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 9, 2017
It is a Good Company to work with. Experienced and knowledgeable employees.If you want to be on the road all the time, good company to work for and enjoy life.
challenging and rewarding
Project Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  East Peoria, ILJanuary 30, 2017
The people are great in this challenging environment.
Family is always first.
Communications internal and external seems to be the most difficult part of working here
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJanuary 23, 2017
Although I only worked part-time, I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Enercon Industries. I worked for a nurturing manager who allowed me to spread my creative wings while teaching me the ropes.
Pros
family owned and operated, great team
Cons
I don't have any
Wonderful place to work, great atmosphere.
Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJanuary 16, 2017
Great place to work. Friendly people and atmosphere. There is a good variety of projects to work on. Use many aspects of the design software and project management.
Great Employee Owned Company
Emergency Preparedness Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLJanuary 13, 2017
Well managed. Provided the opportunity to use and develop skills. Since it is a consulting company, there are times away from family when on an assigned project.
Pros
Great Place to Work
Hazmat response equip operator (Former Employee) –  Bear, DEJanuary 9, 2017
This was a good place to work. Did not have to travel beyond the daily work schedule. Pay was good. People were good. I believe they have closed and are no longer in business.
Pros
good money
Cons
not enough work
Enercon is a great company that values employees.
Health Physics Technician (Former Employee) –  Piketon, OHJanuary 9, 2017
I personally enjoyed working for Enercon for 5 years. Enercon provides great compensation and benefits along with bonus incentives for most employees. This is accompany that acknowledges individuals for good work performance, and promote growth opportunities within their organization.
Pros
Good Compensation and annual raises.
Cons
Work depends on contracts based on bids at Goverment sites.
great employees
Field Service Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 28, 2016
great employees to work with i have learned and i am still learning the start up procedures hardest part is waiting for work assignments sitting around best part is when i am working or travelling
Pros
good employees on the floor working
ENERCON is a great place to work - with an employee/family mindset, the company is both warm and welcoming to both employees and customers alike.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Peoria, ILDecember 20, 2016
ENERCON Engineering, Inc. is a great place to work at! A locally owned company in the Central Illinois area, ENERCON provides power solutions to to companies across the world. With a strong value system and ethics, ENERCON believes in the promise and skills of their employees and provides learning and career opportunities for them. I truly enjoy working for this company and I'm thankful for the opportunity to support them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enercon. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval