Enerflex Employee Reviews

It was ok...
Employee (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2016
Oil and gas is really hurting right now, so there are many layoffs. Many of the offices have been torn down and cubicles have been created.
Pros
Management doesn't micro manage.
Cons
Senior management doesn't seem to take safety as seriously as they should.
limited opportunity for growth.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2016
great environment to work in. Limited opportunity for growth. I will suggest working there and looking for another competitor for career advancement.
Pros
free lunches, training
Cons
Atmosphere
The culture is great
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 12, 2015
The company has a dedicated, friendly, and very highly principled workforce. Most people are very considerate and respectful of one another.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
a bit unstable right now due to the oil industry downturn
For kids
Heavy Equipment Operator/Spotter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 2, 2015
The pay is for kids, the jobs or for people who just retired and the purpose is for someone who is just working for a second job on the side.
Pros
Extra money
Cons
for kids
Transparency and close follow up to all work
Production Planner/ Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2015
Management share all information with employees.
Close follow up on safety.
close follow up on projects.
My typical work day is checking your calendar early in the morning for your weekly scheduled meeting. then following up on projects, check the schedules and see if there is any changes. check your email to see any request for changes. follow with individual engineers on their projects. Follow up with supervisors on the progress of projects and inform engineers with changes and update and provide schedules. Hardest part of this job is the balance between scheduled meetings and time to update schedules
A great place to work.
PROCESS DESIGNER (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2015
Enerflex has given me a great 2 years plus and has made me a focused and energized worker that puts his best into each and every project.
Productive, team work and busy
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2015
Learning new things every day
Team work
Working on SAP and BPC schedule
Streamline processes in place
Productive and Interesting place to work for
SAP Document Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 4, 2015
The management lacking proper leadership sometimes,
Some leading employees are typical racists
But the company in general very well organized, gives you proffecional daily chalenges to make sure you are actively involved in projects.
Pros
great work pace and organization
Cons
hostile work environment due to race issues
Always something new to learn and this industry will always keep you busy
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Waynesburg, PAJune 1, 2015
travel through out the northeast in the Marcellus oil and gas field performing engine and compressor PM's. Work on Caterpillar 3500 and 3600 series gas engines checking cylinder compression, setting valve lash on intake and exhaust valves and including the gas valve on the 3600 series, check and record valve recession, check turbo's for any excessive shaft end play, change oil filters, thermostats, rebuild wastegates. On start ups I use CAT ET to check and fine tune the engines and check engines emissions. Work mostly on Ariel compressors anything from 6 week PM to full overhauls. Have lead jobs on overhauls which include typically 5 to 7 guys pulling valves, pistons, packings and wipers. We rebuild wipers and packings on site and measure cup depth and wiper gland thickness and record them for the customer as well as taking cylinder bore and piston measurements to get cylinder to piston clearance and measure ring end gap for replacing new piston rings. Check main and connecting rod bearings and replace if needed. Check alignment of the compressor to the driver and make adjustments if needed.
Pros
Learn new things daily
Cons
The traveling, typically minimum of 200 miles from home through the weeks.
Good Company
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TexasFebruary 23, 2015
Great company to work for. Work alot of hours and get a decent pay rate. Company gives you nice truck and good benefits. Work hard and you should move up fast.
No problems.
Heavy Equipment Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2015
No problems with the company. Working through a temp agency. The company isn't hiring right now. Just waiting on things to pick up so I can get on with the company. Need benefits.
clean shop. welder
BENNINGTON PONTOON - TIG WELDER (Former Employee) –  houston txDecember 28, 2014
shop was ran by an idiot at the time i was there . reason why i left. Management really sucked. and so did the pay. but overtime was usually there to make up for low wages. My leadman was cool. ac restrooms helped when it was hot . and clean breakrooms were nice as well
Pros
45 min lunch and weekly pay
Cons
low pay . dumb management
Producton Companies
Combination Welder (Current Employee) –  Houston TXJune 27, 2014
Safety meeting every morning related to are work..

Prepare are tools for are new assignments..

Help each other out to do our set up to start welding ...

Work individually and in teams to weld (8-24)inch pipe..

Used different techniques to weld the pipe like TIG,Stick,Flux core..

Help out the repair pipe department to help fix pipe when they have a lot of work

Help fitter out to gather parts for cutting,grinding and tacking
great work place
Painter / crane operator (Former Employee) –  houston,txMay 21, 2014
high turnover rate you will get laid off every year

Great workplace
good company great pay
structual welder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 28, 2014
its good company for a individual who likes to do not lot of work in a day but if u are fast pase likes to be bussy all the time this is not for u
Enerflex: a very priveledged place to work at
Welder/ fitter (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYNovember 9, 2013
Enerflex offered a lot of advancement, training, and an extremely good benefit package. It had very decent pay and plenty of overtime. we had most weekends off and our personal safety was their first and foremost goal. Every day started with a safety tip or an MSDS (Material safety data sheet) topic we studied. We were trained to be very educated on all tools and chemicals on the premises. We watched out for our fellow coworkers in all duties we performed. The day normally consisted of cutting, grinding, measuring (mainly metric), squaring, reading blueprints and applying them, welding, and crane use. Precision and accuracy were mandatory. We applied daily analysis at the beginning of each shift. My coworkers became like family and we worked to achieve success as a team. There was always a radio on, and though there were some disagreements on genre, we compromised to keep everyone happy. I loved nearly every aspect of that job, but the one thing that frustrated everyone was the lack of honest communication between management and those on the floor. It was long 12 hour days of hard work but a good experience none the less.
Great place to do an internship!
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2013
I personally loved working here - the culture was great, very relaxed and easy going without being over-the-top casual. Everyone there is very knowledgeable about their job and area of expertise - I learned more about electrical engineering in the three months I was here compared to what I've learned in my classes. I loved that they let me see all the different aspects of gas compression, so I got to work with both the electrical and mechanical groups, as well as taking frequent trips out to the shop to see what I was actually working on inside.
PRODUCTIVE AND VERY GOOD SAFETY CULTURE
SHIP PREP TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2013
GET TO MEET ALOT OF NEW PEOPLE THEY DO ALOT 0F SAFETY ITS A GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR
Wouldn't work there again
Jr. HSE Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Casper WyomingFebruary 17, 2013
Great people to work with. Upper management is hard to trust. Days drag on as you work there longer. Co Workers on the floor where great and I made a lot of friends.
Lots of OT
Process Install Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2013
Plenty of work when it's available but advancement from within is frowned upon if you are not related to hire-ups.