Energy Alloys Employee Reviews

Sales Order Shipping Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 14, 2017
A typical day at work was checking in, get the evenings orders and processing those orders, filing...

I learned several parts of the industry and new software.

Management was awesome. They care about their employees and take pride in the company.

The hardest part of the job? The job wasn't hard. There were no surprises.

The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers. It was always a pleasure to go in to work.
Pros
Everything about this job was a pro. 1 hr lunches set at the employee's convenience
Cons
Company downsized in 2009
They didn't know how to take inventory.
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2017
They had terrible management problems, everyone wanted to be the boss there. Most of the employee's were young, under 30, and like to party a lot. I really didn't fit in there. I didn't live on the north side of Houston so I didn't go out after work to socialize with them. The other problem was they didn't have a set rule of procedures so people did things their way.
Engaging workforce, but hard place for advancement.
FINANCIAL/ TREASURY ANALYST (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 18, 2016
I think the culture of Energy Alloys is very admirable and positive. The managers are over compensated for minimal efforts when compared to the lower-level employees who do brunt of work. Very difficult to advance.
Pros
benefits, paid vacation time
Cons
Too many managers and not enough subordinates.
Productive, excellent person to work for.
Sr. Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 14, 2016
Great people and outstanding management personnel. Enjoyed every moment I was able to work with this company. It has a pleasant atmosphere and there is absolutely nothing I can say that would change any ones mind on working with this company.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 9, 2016
Like the people and bosses very friendly and every one and the company works as a team player. Co-workers went out of there way to help other workers in need.
Very unsafe place to work.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 1, 2016
Very busy day due to lack of leadership on floor.
Did learn how to operate a wide variety of saws.
Management seem to change every six months I was there.
I did enjoy with my co-workers.
It was a very unsafe place to work.which made it hard to work.
The most enjoyable part of this job was that I learned how operate saws.
Pros
Got alot of overtime
Cons
unsafe work place
Enjoyed working there.
Planning Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 31, 2016
I learned a lot about steel. Management was good. My Co-Workers were great to work with. Hardest part of the job was getting Sales to correct their mistakes and the most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with they were great.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No breaks except for lunch
Not a great working environment
Strategic Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2016
Sales team was a pleasure to work with. Benefits were good. Nothing good or bad to say. Everyday job come to work and go home routine.
Cons
Small comapny limited chance to move up
Inventory Control Specialist/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 10, 2015
Great place to start out. The atmosphere amongst employees is fairly well. But management is inconsistent. In my time there we had three plant managers and several shift managers.
Good workplace with great people.
Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 7, 2015
I worked a good, balanced combination of outside work performing cycle counts, barcoding material, locating missing items and using equipment such as forklifts and sideloaders. Inside work duties were generating then reconciling the cycle counts after they were complete, create/run reports, enter data into Excel spreadsheets, communicate with Management and Sales about order status. I also assisted in the training of new hire employees.
Place would be a lot better with better management
Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Willis, TXSeptember 2, 2015
Typical night is busy because of the amount of work on left over.
I learned how a manager should not treat employees.
Management play favorites and don't pay the way they should.
Hardest part of the job is being treated worst than the one doing less work. Getting paid less for my experience verses someone with less.
Most enjoyable part is working with my co-worker in my department.
Pros
Working nights
Cons
Having Bad Management
Family away from home
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Houston TxAugust 30, 2015
I work with these individuals everyday, we have lots of laughs , we had heartbreak when a coworker lost his life , we found out that even though there are multiple plants we all hurt together. That showed me how big our family is. So yes when I say I love my job I love my coworkers. cause without that its just a job. you can have a job but you got to like your team as well.
Great place to work and get continuous improvement everyday.
Material Handler/Order Processing (Current Employee) –  Houston,TexasAugust 26, 2015
I really enjoy my co-workers and I've become close to a few of them. The heat and cold and dust sometimes might get to me but theres never been a day without a few laughs and smiles. What I enjoy most about it is our ability to learn something different everyday and everyone around understands if we have a situation or emergency to tend to they let us take care of it.
Focusing on numbers too much
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 24, 2015
Company culture has really changed over the years. It seemed they (corporate) used to do whatever it took to get and keep customers. Now, maybe getting too focused on numbers (margin, sales, etc.). Energy Alloys does have a good work/life balance--do not have to work holidays, weekends, or overtime.
Great Workplace
Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 22, 2015
Fantastic employer. Obviously the O&G industry is suffering but we are finding a way to overcome it. Great Management, great benefits including 401K match.
Great Employees to work with on your team
(Machinist) / Horizontal Boring Machine (Current Employee) –  Willis,TxJune 4, 2015
Machine work with CNC ,horizontal boring machine with metal for heat treatment and Lab Testing great co workers to learn from and work with
Pros
great co workers
Cons
no advancement
Great work enviorment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  10399 Silver Springs Rd. Conroe, TX 77303April 8, 2015
I operated a Sideloader/Forklift, My day consisted of Unloading and loading trucks with materials, Unloading and loading machines with materials.i kept a log on all materials that i moved.
Productive fun workplace with great coworkers
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAApril 1, 2015
a typical work day included inputting customer purchase orders and creating work orders, monitoring incoming and outgoing material, and making sure all orders are delivered on time.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
being directly affected by highs and lows of oil market
verry hard work long hours
Yard Manager (Former Employee) –  houston txMarch 22, 2015
it is a family oriented company .a lot of long timers grate benefits
very lowe pay but grate healthcare no room for promotion or advancement unless you are family .
Pros
good people good benafits
Cons
minamal pay as possable for the work you do
exceptional company
Saw Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 8, 2014
overall, this company is what you make it to be, you can either fall in with the common negative crew, or you can appreciate the opportunity to make a decent wage with some decent overtime, due to this particular facility however, its been rather difficult to advance to a more challenging position.
Pros
hard work gets noticed, occasional incentives.
Cons
no emloyee functions, seldom raises/incentives, safety awards etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Energy Alloys. Our community is ready to answer.