Energy Curtailment Specialists

Energy Curtailment Specialists Employee Reviews

Best Office Position I've had
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo NYNovember 7, 2012
company makes an effort to reach out to their employees; has a chrismas bonus, has a big company picnic annually and gives away cash, swag, vacation days, etc, often allow us to leave early before holidays too

Pay is fair, received raises/promotions during my time

Pretty flexible when it comes to taking vacation days altho they are stern with taking them from mid-June to the end of August because of curtailment events,on a different note they're implementing 'personal days' in 2013

They do a good job with working with you to determine your best fit within the company - they do shuffle a lot of people around but it's not necessarily a negative thing - if you put an honest effort in they will generally acknowledge/appreciate it
Pros
flexible
Cons
office work = tedious
Work Hard for promised Pay that never shows up
Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 3, 2014
Worked here for years and know from experience that commissions promised never get delivered. They're looking for people that will not raise a fuss when they do good work and get excuses for reasons they don't get commissions promised. All the bright people I worked with here leave after they learn the game. So good part is that if you just want to show up and go thru the motions you can do that as the management team has no prior business experience other than working at ECS. They only hire young people who don't know any better. I know they were bought by a large corporation but have heard from numerous former colleagues that nothing has changed there other then the constant turnover from employees not being happy working there. Also when you land a large account it gets stolen by the most senior sales people as they'll say I talked to them 3 years ago so that's my account when you were the one who pushed the ball across the goalline. Upper management just turns a blind eye since they have no backbone.
Pros
Low expectations, Flexible schedules, Nice People
Cons
Unfair pay practices
Always growing secure company!
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 14, 2012
I worked for ECS for 4 years and loved it! The owners and managers are understanding, flexible and willing to help you reach your goals within the company. If you start out at an entry level position, there is always room for growth and achievement. Your hard work is not over looked and is often rewarded. Unlike a lot of companies ECS looks for new and out of the box ways to motivate their employees (wheel spins for prizes, contests, magicians, etc…). With good health benefits, vacation days and paid holidays on top of everything else this company offers, anyone would be lucky to find a position within ECS!
Pros
great morale, good benifits, work recognition
Young, Flexible Exciting Company
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 7, 2012
ECS is a place where the hard workers really stand out, and advancement can happen almost over night. Co-workers are intelligent, and always looking to gain more knowledge about this growing industry. The energy field will continue to grow, and the security that comes with working at a company like ECS really allows a person to build a career in this fast-paced industry.
Pros
compensation, benefits, constantly learning
Cons
some lazy co-workers, lack of good food options nearby
An great opportunity for driven self motivated individuals
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 7, 2012
ECS has a lot of freedom for driven individuals to succeed. All the tools are there. There is a fair compensation plan and fun prizes and cash bonuses to keep sales motivation.
Pros
freedom to succeed, free drinks, nice company picnics and prizes
Cons
could use better communication between departments
The Best Place To Work in Western New York is ECS
Senior Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, New YorkNovember 7, 2012
I have worked here for two and a half years. During this time, I have watched the economy go down hill, job security becoming an issue for the United States, and benefits, such as medical and dental, continuing to rise. The last few years has been hard for many families, including mine. However, I have watched Energy Curtailment Specialists prove itself time and time again in the marketplace.
Energy Curtailment Specialists is a family-type of company. Due to the generosity of the owners, the medical and dental costs have been kept to a reasonable rate that all employees can afford. The company has continued to grow each year and remain profitable. Many employees have been hired throughout the last few years. Management is always here for the employees. If you are having a bad day or frustrated, an employee knows that there are numerous managers that will speak to you and help you to find a solution.
The owners care for all of us and come up with different ways to ensure that we are taken care of as a whole. Whether it be through incentive or performance bonuses, raises, raffles, family picnics, extra days off, contests with large monetary prizes, etc., the company has remained a fun and productive place to work. All of the co-workers get along with each other. The new employees are welcomed with open arms in this company.
I have learned that I am not alone when I am working for this company. Even though we are all in sales, co-workers do not see the need to step on someone else to prove themself. Everyone works together for the good of the company as a whole. Management ensures
  more... that we are all trained and treated equally no matter what position or department we are in. We all have an equal chance to make commission. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I can grow in this company. I have learned quite a bit over the last couple of years, mainly about the job and myself. I have learned what I am capable of while working in this company. I am able to have fun during the day as well as work very hard. The ability to keep that balance between work and fun aids in my increased productivity. Even in the toughest of economies, Energy Curtailment Specialists has continued to thrive and remain, in my opinion, the Best Place To Work in Western New York.  less
Pros
everything is positive for this company overall.
Cons
i do not have any negative comments.
Former employee
energy curtailment specialist (Former Employee) –  buffalo nyJune 8, 2014
company has been sued for discrimination bi multiple people and loss there is a huge amount of nepotism and they regularly disrespect their employees management has been known to sexually harass female employees and an employee went on a racist tyrant on company time in the office sending racial emails and still retained his job while the individual that the email was sent too soon lost hers.
worst company ive ever worked for and they will promise you certain bonuses and then when you meet the goals they find an excuse not to pay them including taking your contracts giving them to one of the favored and acting as if it didnt sign
Amazing Place to Work
Sales Administration (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 7, 2012
ECS is a great place to work. There are constant opportunities to move up and the company is always pursuing excellence to the fullest degree possible. The owners love to promote internally and look at their own employees first before bidding out jobs to outside individuals. No matter what department you're in you truly feel like you're an important asset to the daily success of the company. I have worked here for nearly four years and hope to stay for many more.
Pros
free beverages, employee give backs (annual picnic, holiday bonus, etc)
Cons
short lunch
1 step above collections
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga,NYJuly 2, 2012
cold calling, multi-tasking, spreadsheets. Always changing management
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 7, 2012
I've worked at ECS for 4 years and have been giving the opportunity to advance a few times. I have been rewarded for the hard work I put in.
Pros
free gym membership, good healthcare plan, great co-workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Energy Curtailment Specialists. Our community is ready to answer.

Energy Curtailment Specialists Reviews by Location