Energy Future Holdings Employee Reviews in United States

great place to work
maintenance tech sr (Current Employee) –  Tatum, TXJuly 20, 2016
i love my job at luminant mine. sadly the mines in my area are about to mine out and this years election could effect my job greatly. i wish i could have 20-30 more years with this company
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
job security
I like that I can make my own schedule and not be micro-managed. They know I'll bring in results.
Business Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 8, 2016
A typical day at work for me is going to new businesses that are about to open and help them get power to their facility. I work closely with Oncor and contractors and electricians to make sure they get their meter and power on time. I also go to businesses that are already open and talk to them about possible switching to TXU. I ask for a current bill if they have one available. I tell them they can call me anytime on my cell phone or email me if they have any questions.
What I have learned so far by working at TXU is time management and setting schedules and appointments ahead of time. I already know about customer service and making sure your customers are happy and keeping in contact with them, but working here has helped me understand the aspect of this more.
The management team is good. Very helpful when you are struggling.
The hardest part of the job is getting customers to trust you and the fact that you have their best interest at heart. This is why you stay in contact with them and make sure they are happy. Also, dealing with brokers with other companies. Brokers aren't actual sales reps and don't have cell phones. The customer rarely ever meets their broker. With me, they can see me in person and have that personal contact with me at any time and get a hold of me at any time as well.
The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and feeling like I actually helped them and they are happy with me and my company. I like my customers knowing that I am there for them and can meet their business needs and electricity needs. My customers know that I will
  more... go above and beyond to help them when it comes to getting them open on time.  less
Pros
Great benefits, reimbursement for mileage, reimbursement for cell phone, flexibility and management.
Cons
Commissions keep getting lowered each year but our quotas go up, therefore not making the money I was and still working just as hard or harder.
Private Industry
Employee Benefits Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 7, 2016
Working at TXU was the most enjoyable and educational experience I have ever had. I learned many medical terms in addition to the types of medicaine used for many illnesses. I had a good group of co-workers that supported each other. We all worked independently on our duties and maintained a good relationship with the employees and their families that we served.
Pros
Working independently
Cons
commuting to Dallas from Fort Worth
Fun working with different technologies.
DevOps Developer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 1, 2016
Working closely with Hadoop ecosystem is pretty new and good experience for me..Also working environment is friendly. You have liberty on making some good decisions.
productive work days.
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMay 15, 2016
Up early in the morning gathering for route review and assignments, walked in ant climate to gather customers electric meter information for billing
Pros
Overtime each day if you work when you have reached eight hours that day.
Cons
Long days and not the right equipment when bad weather is present.
Great Culture and Values
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 26, 2016
This company has a great culture that works hard to be transparent and gives a family feel. There are a few drawbacks with the caps on financial gain with internal promotions and the difficulty with being promoted as you enter the analyst range, but it's overall a good company.
Pros
Work/Life Balance, events, and family feel.
Cons
Politics and it's difficult to move up with the guidelines given.
Good work-life balance and professional management.
Principal Nuclear Engineer (Current Employee) –  Glen Rose, TXMarch 28, 2016
EFH owns Luminant, which controls and operates Comanche Peak NPP.

4 day work week with most people able to have a 3 day weekend.
Pros
4 day work week with 10 hour days.
Working for Utilities Based products on Java J2EE Technologies
Technical Lead/Sr. Java-J2EE Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 22, 2016
Working to build scalable solutions to the client.
Building functional modules with no defects.
Continued working experience.
Great place to have a career.
Sr. plant electrician (Current Employee) –  Lake Hubbard S.E.S.March 8, 2016
Worked 42 yrs 11 months with a great number of skilled and qualified people.

leaving to retire and find something else in life.
Pros
people, salary, benefits
Receptionist
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 12, 2015
Answered phones and made schedules for the customers. Loved the job, got a fair pay and got to work at a desk and just file and take care of the people. Had to keep them happy and make sure their appointments didn't clash with everyone else's. The people i worked with were great and really easy to work with, absolutely loved to work with the phones and the computers.
Pros
worked with the desk and people
Cons
had to move so i had to leave the job
Work Hard, Play Hard.
SR Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 13, 2015
Very hard worker without much guidance. We were given projects to work on and management did not interrupt our schedules unless we needed something.
Pros
No micro-managing.
Cons
Eventually had to leave family to work in Dallas, TX.
Fun place to work!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 7, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management.The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting.
fun work environment
Meter Reader Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 2, 2015
Fun people, good starting pay for a younger demographic. Schedule was a little irregular at times and getting time off.
Nice place
Senior Software Engineer/ Developer (Former Employee) –  Senior Software Engineer/ DeveloperOctober 21, 2015
Analysis of the business requirement document provided by the client and documenting a high level technical specification document
Preparation of Technical procedural Design
Company going through a bankruptcy
Sr.Control Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 16, 2015
Long hours of rotating shift work make this a very hard job. Compensation is good but a good life after work is very hard to achieve. Rotating shift is not a good work schedule and contributes to health problems. Management is like all other big company management in that lip service is the norm for employees but everyone in management has their own agenda.
Productive work place
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Grand PrairieOctober 15, 2015
A typical day involved project planning and organization of vibration analysis data. It was located in Grand Prairie.
Wonderful Place to Work
Sr. Employee Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 13, 2015
The overall employee/leadership population was good to work with during investigations, training sessions, and team building. Partnering with HR counterparts and often leaders enabled successful investigations. The entire experience was great.
Enjoyable work environment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 8, 2015
Typical day is to provide administrative support for up to 150 people with various requests, multitasking to meet deadlines/projects, etc., as needed. The most enjoyable part is learning something everyday and teaming up with my peers to get the job done!
Pros
On line computer software courses, excellent working conditions, Positive attitudes, Good Incentives
Cons
New on line systems accross the board can make for some challenging times. Although, challenge is good and keeps you on your toes in the competitive business world.
Good place to work-both fun and challenging
Operator (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, TXOctober 1, 2015
A safety minded company who went the extra mile to ensure your safety and attitude about it Good support from management, especially the further along I progressed in my career. work force was very stable until policies and benefits changed. Toward the end we had a lot of really young folks that couldn't handle grind and expectations so turnover grew.
Pros
12 hr shift, good equipment- well kept.
Cons
Tough work in inclimate weather-especially during wet winters
Fun working and awesome experience
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Tatum, TXSeptember 25, 2015
Being an Office Manager or Adminstrative Assistant is an exciting experience. Getting to know all the people you work with and being part of a Diversity team has helped me to grow as a person. I enjoy working with people and this position allows me to do so. I have had the pleasure of expaning my knowledge, through both classroom and self paced web clases. This company has been an inspiration to me. I love challenges to keep my mind growing and learining new things. I am a dedicated employee that shows up early and leaves late, or whatever it takes to get the job done.

Energy Future Holdings Reviews by Location