Energy Future Holdings Employee Reviews

Unproductive
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2017
When I worked there it was a very bad experience. People were very rude and unprofessional. There was no dress code so people wore inappropriate clothes.
My experience with this company was very good.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 11, 2017
There were difficult times for the company during my time there, but there was great effort to communicate with employees future direction the company would be taking.
lots of perks, too many managers
Engineerirng (Former Employee) –  Kosse, TXJune 8, 2017
Advancement only if you have a family member working for company, Experience does not matter. Supervisors give great reviews but no path for promotion. Culture is a social network environment, face book, text, watch youtube as you please.
Too many managers but very little management.
benefits
Cons
nepotism, minimal opportunity for advancement
TXU Energy
Business Analyst, short-term internship (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 31, 2017
A typical day at work would be answering business customer problems with electricity accounts. I learned SAP. Management was not supportive. Workplace was very disconnected. The most enjoyable part of the job was to know other employees.
fun place
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 23, 2017
Typical day busy but fun, they celebrated the employees accomplishment as well as birthdays. The most enjoyable part of the job, I meant some special people that became my best friend.
Pros
benefits day one
Cons
n/a
As a past employee I was please with my work life and advancement at Energy Future Holdings. The company has new owners and the culture has changed.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 10, 2017
Under new leadership the company reorganized, I am no longer employed due to reorganization. Many employees were asked to terminate from the company.
Solid company, but no advancement in the administration field.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 26, 2017
The company has a good work life balance. It definitely has major grow potential for those starting out in the call center and upper management. Nepotism is something you see a great deal of.
Fun place to work
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 23, 2017
Very fast pace very informative, diverse work environment. Many different division to work in. Clean atmosphere and able to pick a work schedule. No weekends.
Pros
Onsite health facility
Cons
slow for promotions
fun place to work for
Customer Service / Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 21, 2017
the job I had was kind of dangerous and it was at night to turn people water and lights off and on it was hard to cut someone service off when it was cold and also when they have kids
Pros
fun
Cons
gave you transportation
Greatest Company I have worked for ever
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 19, 2017
Where it was located was a plus. The people I worked with were awesome, couldn't have been with great group. We had fun the work were learning to do was fun, commission was great. I love it!
Pros
We made a differnat there.
Cons
we all were laid off, that sucked
Okay..
Engineering Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Elgin, TXApril 3, 2017
Decent compensation.

Very unorganized and poor structure.

After coming out of bankruptcy, there were huge layoffs (a lot of these were PE engineers). This shows you how much this company respects engineers.
Great experience
Director, Retention (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMarch 28, 2017
Historically, this is a very good place to work and very family-orientated company. Some of the smartest people and sharpest individuals work here. As new management assumes the helm, it will be interesting to see what changes.
Good place to work.
Fleet Chemistry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Central, TXMarch 16, 2017
Good place to work with plenty of opportunities to learn and expand your knowledge base. Self starters are highly valued. lot of informational meetings held. Not all meetings had a specific agenda.
Pros
Good people to work with. Successes were frequently celebrated.
Cons
Some meetings that had no agendas.
Very productive
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 12, 2017
I enjoyed working as a team, through out was good customer service skills, data entry, answering phones, making sure the ppl was happy at all times, whether if they was paying a bill, or setting up payment arrangements......
Sr. Administrative Assistant - Internal Audit (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 7, 2017
Great company, benefits, employees and management. Flexibility in work schedule, great leadership development programs.

Nothing hard about my job that I wouldn't handle. Enjoyed working with hard working team players.
Good
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 3, 2017
Great place to work before bankruptcy. You can no longer work there because it went bankrupt. They have since changed their name to Vistra? Energy?
Pros
401 matching vested immediately
Cons
Bankruptcy
My life at TXUE
Customer Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 21, 2017
Very high stress job, especially at the end. I grew up at this company for 21 years. It was not all bad and I learned a lot. For the last 2-3 years everything changed and it wasn't about the future anymore, and I knew my time was coming. It was hard to focus as much on work and we worried so much about how leadership was changing and what they weren't telling us. We could tell though in the shifting of the culture.
Started off as a very employee focused company
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 18, 2017
I had a fantastic work schedule and my hard work eventually got me recognized and the company offered me an opportunity to have my first management role in Atlanta, GA.
Pros
I worked for a company that prided itself on promotion within and solid training for success.
Cons
As we put a lot of our eggs in some of our dedicated accounts, as they went, a lot o employees lost their jobs.
lots of operating of heavy equipment
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  McDade, TXFebruary 15, 2017
fun job if you like operating heavy equipment management is easy to work with. hardest part of the job is staying on task most enjoyable part of the job is all the time off you get
Pros
good pay lots of time off
Cons
long hours night shifts
Excellent place to work
Sales Executive / Territory Revitalizer (Former Employee) –  Alvarado to AustinFebruary 11, 2017
Work with highly trained, well educated, hard working executives for the past 36 years. The upper management of this company some fo the finest mangers.
Pros
Flexible
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Energy Future Holdings. Our community is ready to answer.