ENERGY SOLUTIONS Employee Reviews

Safety
Senior Industrial Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Crystel River FLSeptember 22, 2017
Provide leadership oversight on industrial compliance and safety issues, in preparation for the dismantling, packaging and shipment of CR3 Reactor Head and Steam Generators.
Fun and easy work
Stadium Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 6, 2017
Energy Solutions was the company that was in charge of the Utah Jazz stadium. It was my job to clean the stadium after a game or a concert. I also helped clean the Salt Lake Bees baseball stadium during the baseball season.
Capable Staff for transport and disposal of LLRW/MW
Waste Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJuly 19, 2017
The company with a worldwide base having a capable staff for transport and disposal of LLRW/MW.

Including projects supporting active clients in Canada and UK. Plus several other countries.
Pros
Worldwide
Cons
Lack of internal promotion opportunities
new renewable technology
Project Manager / Sales/ Structural Engineering (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 5, 2017
Managed day to day operations of solar installations was able to stay up to date of new renewable technology on the market had decent support from corp management however local management had some issues that was the hardest part of the job best part was satisfying the customer
Pros
New technology
Cons
poor management
awesome management
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 5, 2017
the owner was completely awesome I did my job and I did it well
if there was ever a slow day he would let me work at his house to insure I got atleast 40 hours a week
Great place to work and grow
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Cherryville, NCMay 24, 2017
I have had an excellent experience working here and would recommend any one wanting a bright future to pursue it here. Great staff in all stores and an amazing customer base.
Pros
Great staff in all stores
Cons
Fun work place, a lot of people who were around my age (25)
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Barnwell, SCMay 1, 2017
The job was fun and not too monotonous, the only problem was that i was laid off a month after being hired on. Something to keep in mind when you are thinking about leaving a stable guarunteed job for a temp one such as this even if you are reassured you will be given a permanent position, things dont always work out.
Pros
Work 4/10s so you get 3 day weekends
Cons
Most positions start out temporary and if you are lucky you could get hired on full time
prep installer
Insulation Installer (Current Employee) –  Otsego, MIMarch 27, 2017
its a good place to work for the most part, lot to learn and remember to prep new house construction, dirty work and long hours and busy season is the heart of winter
Good ole boys club run by the morman mafia
Mnager (Former Employee) –  scMarch 23, 2017
They basically eliminated the Health insurance and what is there is worse that Ocare. No one gets ahead but the Mormans and the Good Ole boys never change. No pay raises, no benefits, but they whine when the moral is bad and the surveys come back bad.
Pros
easy work for the hourly workers
Cons
management is always infighting
Productive place
RP Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 22, 2017
Very hard to work at Memphis Facility, There is hardly any job security and I live in Fayetteville AR, So the trip back and forth was brutal, but I did enjoy the people and the work.
Good team work
Senior Techno Functional Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2017
good team work and management.

worked on latest technology and lot of scope in learning and exposure to customers directly.

very helpful team and knowledge sharing
Great workplace
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 16, 2017
Great place to work, awesome employer. This was a great experience and I would for sure recommend it. The staff is very friendly and it's a safe clean working environment.
na
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNMarch 16, 2017
I do not feel that I can fill this out. I have not been with the company is many years and do not think I can give a well done review of the current work culture.
Not my first choice.
None (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 1, 2017
An overall difficult place to work for. The work environment is stressful and not very enjoyable. Management does not listen very well or care to listen.
A Good place to work initially
Senior Radiation Safety Technician (Former Employee) –  Clive, UTDecember 20, 2016
This was a demanding job at times, because we worked outside in the weather. My managers were the best! We got along great! As time went on the work load dropped and layoffs became a way of life. Eventually I was laid off. The only real problem was a Hostile Work Environment caused by a single individual. Several managers wanted to fire this person, but they were unable to do so.This individual obviously has powerful friends in the upper management.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hostile work environment.
A typical Day
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNDecember 20, 2016
I love this Place! Love the Job, the facility and the Management!
Great Place to Be! Eveyone (all employees) were courteous, helpful,
appreciative to me.
Pros
I love it!
Cons
No Cons
Free breakfast on Fridays
Contract Electrical Consultant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDMay 21, 2016
Challenging work for British client with unique design standards. Nuclear waste management completed Instrumentation and Electrical Engineering Design.
Productive employees and manangement
Industrial Equipment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Barnwell, SCNovember 4, 2015
Getting to work with the co-workers and management that I did, really made a difference. Everyone got along and did their job. The work schedule was also great.
Cool place to work
QC Inspector II (Current Employee) –  Barnwell, SCOctober 26, 2015
Family oriented business that provides a supportive work environment. There is room for advancement and training. The compensation is decent and gifts are given for compliance to safety programs.
Pros
Company luncheons
Cons
In the middle of no where
Health Physics Survey Technician
Health Physics Technician (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNAugust 24, 2015
First thing in the morning, meeting for plan of the day and safety concerns. The department I worked in, management was very good to work with. Great co-workers. I worked in Free-release department surveying sealands for low level contamination. I loved the job. Best job I ever had.
Pros
The job I had was the best job I ever had.
Cons
Downside, I worked for a contractor. Pay was great, but no benefits. Contractor lost contract, which created a lay off throughout the facility.