ENERGY SOLUTIONS Employee Reviews

A typical Day
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNDecember 20, 2016
I love this Place! Love the Job, the facility and the Management!
Great Place to Be! Eveyone (all employees) were courteous, helpful,
appreciative to me.
Pros
I love it!
Cons
No Cons
Free breakfast on Fridays
Contract Electrical Consultant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDMay 21, 2016
Challenging work for British client with unique design standards. Nuclear waste management completed Instrumentation and Electrical Engineering Design.
Productive employees and manangement
Industrial Equipment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Barnwell, SCNovember 4, 2015
Getting to work with the co-workers and management that I did, really made a difference. Everyone got along and did their job. The work schedule was also great.
Cool place to work
QC Inspector II (Current Employee) –  Barnwell, SCOctober 26, 2015
Family oriented business that provides a supportive work environment. There is room for advancement and training. The compensation is decent and gifts are given for compliance to safety programs.
Pros
Company luncheons
Cons
In the middle of no where
Health Physics Survey Technician
Health Physics Technician (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNAugust 24, 2015
First thing in the morning, meeting for plan of the day and safety concerns. The department I worked in, management was very good to work with. Great co-workers. I worked in Free-release department surveying sealands for low level contamination. I loved the job. Best job I ever had.
Pros
The job I had was the best job I ever had.
Cons
Downside, I worked for a contractor. Pay was great, but no benefits. Contractor lost contract, which created a lay off throughout the facility.
poor work culture
Glove Box Operator (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMAugust 6, 2015
management needs to interact with the employees better and need to take training from HR in handling issues within the organization. interaction in the workplace would be ideal for the management group
Cons
overall it was a good company to work for.
Shift Lead CRO, process/incinerator tech (Former Employee) –  oakridge TNJuly 28, 2015
energy solutions is a big company that had plenty of opportunities for advancement. The company is safety oriented and made me feel that no matter what the job task was at the end of the day I would go home to my family in the same shape I started the day in. The fellow co workers even made it an enjoyable place to work.
Average work enviorment
APPOINTMENT SETTER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 1, 2015
Inbound/outbound calls for appointment scheduling and rescheduling

Use of spreadsheets and the business' own computer programs

Management were not very good at keeping track of what you did and how it benefited the company, or paying attention to recommendations from coworkers to better improve the workplace

Coworkers demonstrated a lot of personal drama in the workplace

Learned how to keep a professional demeanor at all times when drama was going on in the office

Hardest part of the jobs was continuing to have to reschedule the same appointment more than three times due to lack of certain coworkers often becoming unavailable to provide the company's demonstration

Most enjoyable was it was a nice office downtown with a nice view
Productive and enjoyable company to work for.
QA Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAApril 1, 2015
Cutting edge engineering group gathered to solve extremely complex problems. Great team to be associated with and a very pleasant work atmosphere.
Productive work environment with so much amazing information to learn and a lifestyle of safety with a strong focus on team work and problem solving.
Nuclear Operator (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMSeptember 22, 2014
I love working in a job that you can learn something new for the rest of your life. The job was important and tested our ability to keep up with critical safety information. We always had something new to handle and we would sit down as a team and come up with the best way of handling the job. We put safety first and then production. We were all responsible for not only ourselves, but the person beside us as well. If we noticed something to be unsafe we could speak up and figure out a better way to complete the job.
Pros
The challenges, safety, importance of the job, great pay
Cons
job security is the only con. Everything else about the work I loved
Good pay , bad structure
Fuel Transfer Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Zion , ILAugust 28, 2014
Pay is good , company could use some structure
seems like they hired people who did not have a clue up front and wasted alot of money, now that they have started hiring the right people , it may be to late to turn around
Pros
good pay
Cons
Bad structure
didnt enjoy it
operator (Former Employee) –  Tooele, UTAugust 18, 2014
energy solutions took over envirocare and when this happend they started massive lay offs and i was apart of that and had been there for over 5 years which i had planned on retiring there.
Awesome company to work for
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMJune 19, 2014
Great company to work for in my opinion. Management is wonderful and fully support decisions. Shift work is not for everybody but ES allows you to make the most of it in regards to pay.
No Job Security\ Bad on site Management
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMApril 28, 2014
Pay is ok, could be better with type of radio active work performed. Management could care less about there employees, as long as they meet there deadlines and collect there bonus. Management really needs to know whats going on, in the work sites from favoritism to harassment situations. lots of unsafe operations and personal protective gear. so work here if you want to die of cancer and cut your life span in half.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, Hours, Push to meet Management deadlines
Supervised teams and motivated them to reach the companies goal for sales.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJanuary 27, 2014
Very intense
How to communicate with different people
Was very helpful
They loved me
It was always a teaching battle
to see employees acting on what they learned
Pros
long lunch breaks
Benefits
Physical fitness room.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJanuary 19, 2014
Good company to work for just time for a change to better my family life.
a place to work
Senior Health Physics Technician (Former Employee) –  West Chicago, IllinoisNovember 25, 2013
Worked in West Chicago, Illinois at Energy Solutions, Very easy job not hot at all.
Turning property over to the City of Chicago
Pros
worked 40 hour
Cons
no breaks
good
Plug & Abandon worker (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAJuly 25, 2013
Got up early got on the boat started our day, got along well with management and co-workers, hardest part was being away from my Wife and children, and the most enjoyable part was getting off, showering, calling home, eating supper, going to bed and do it all over again the next day.
Pros
Good hours, good food, good people
Cons
short lunch breaks
Energy Solutions Review
PRESIDENT (Current Employee) –  Greene, NYJune 18, 2013
Energy Solutions provides excellent consulting services to the electric utility and heavy industrial industries. They specialize in pollution control evaluation, design, and managing construction retrofits and repairs.
Pros
Casual atmosphere and flexible work hours.
Cons
Demands detailed and extensive inspection reports, complicated calculations, and long term field assignments.
Surveys and releases
Lead technician of the Large Component Cell (Former Employee) –  utahMay 29, 2013
8-12 hr shfts.. Lead tech. Energy Solutions was good for almost 13yrs then then had to have several lay offs.
Cons
Working outside all day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ENERGY SOLUTIONS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9