ENERGY SOLUTIONS

ENERGY SOLUTIONS Employer Reviews

Good pay , bad structure
Fuel Transfer Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Zion , ILAugust 28, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: bad structure
Pay is good , company could use some structure
seems like they hired people who did not have a clue up front and wasted alot of money, now that they have started hiring the right people , it may be to late to turn around
didnt enjoy it
operator (Former Employee), Tooele, UTAugust 18, 2014
energy solutions took over envirocare and when this happend they started massive lay offs and i was apart of that and had been there for over 5 years which i had planned on retiring there.
Awesome company to work for
Production Manager (Current Employee), Los Alamos, NMJune 19, 2014
Great company to work for in my opinion. Management is wonderful and fully support decisions. Shift work is not for everybody but ES allows you to make the most of it in regards to pay.
No Job Security\ Bad on site Management
Process Technician (Former Employee), Los Alamos, NMApril 28, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: management, hours, push to meet management deadlines
Pay is ok, could be better with type of radio active work performed. Management could care less about there employees, as long as they meet there deadlines and collect there bonus. Management really needs to know whats going on, in the work sites from favoritism to harassment situations. lots of unsafe operations and personal protective gear. so work here if you want to die of cancer and cut your life span in half.
Supervised teams and motivated them to reach the companies goal for sales.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Laurel, MDJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: long lunch breaks
Cons: benefits
Very intense
How to communicate with different people
Was very helpful
They loved me
It was always a teaching battle
to see employees acting on what they learned
Physical fitness room.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Oak Ridge, TNJanuary 19, 2014
Good company to work for just time for a change to better my family life.
a place to work
Senior Health Physics Technician (Former Employee), West Chicago, IllinoisNovember 25, 2013
Pros: worked 40 hour
Cons: no breaks
Worked in West Chicago, Illinois at Energy Solutions, Very easy job not hot at all.
Turning property over to the City of Chicago
good
Plug & Abandon worker (Former Employee), Broussard, LAJuly 25, 2013
Pros: good hours, good food, good people
Cons: short lunch breaks
Got up early got on the boat started our day, got along well with management and co-workers, hardest part was being away from my Wife and children, and the most enjoyable part was getting off, showering, calling home, eating supper, going to bed and do it all over again the next day.
Energy Solutions Review
PRESIDENT (Current Employee), Greene, NYJune 18, 2013
Pros: casual atmosphere and flexible work hours.
Cons: demands detailed and extensive inspection reports, complicated calculations, and long term field assignments.
Energy Solutions provides excellent consulting services to the electric utility and heavy industrial industries. They specialize in pollution control evaluation, design, and managing construction retrofits and repairs.
Surveys and releases
Lead technician of the Large Component Cell (Former Employee), utahMay 29, 2013
Cons: working outside all day.
8-12 hr shfts.. Lead tech. Energy Solutions was good for almost 13yrs then then had to have several lay offs.
Criminals
master (Current Employee), slcMay 11, 2013
Cons: too many to list
The truth is coming out. Will see many serving sentances soon.
A stable work environment.
Project Accountant (Current Employee), Columbia, SCMarch 17, 2013
Pros: relaxed environment.
Cons: communication
I have a specific work schedule each day that I designed in regards to the duties that have been assigned to me. The department is open and each person is assigned a work station. We communicate with each other in areas where our duties overlap. The management is flexible and available. I enjoy the job because it allows you to be responsible for your tasks and the environment is relaxed.
Used to be a great work environment
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Clive, UTFebruary 14, 2013
It started as a fun place to work. I enjoyed my job, which included scheduling and inspecting incoming shipments. I learned a lot about DOT and NRC regulations regarding packaging of hazardous materials. That was probably the most challenging part, but I had embraced it and was training to be an assistant broker of hazardous goods. I had to push to get the training and even once it was completed, management held back on getting me certified. It went from being a place with potential to grow to a place where everyone was worried about their jobs. Half the workforce was laidoff. The layoffs were mostly political. Many of the best workers were dismissed while some of the worst employees remained. No confidence in the management at all.
good hardwork
rock truck driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: good benifits
Cons: 10 hour shift
great people to work for but under new mangment can learn alot about heavy equipment if you get a chance.
Very productive work place, very friendly environment
Sample Technician/Facility Operator (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 21, 2012
My typical day at work was enjoyable because they kept me busy. I was able to finish all my work and help others when I was finished. I was constantly working and I enjoyed it. I learned how to manage my time, prioritize, and I learned discipline. My managers were very helpful if I had any questions about what needed to be done on a new project. On my daily duties they never needed to tell me what needed to be done, therefore they left me to my job without constantly asking if I knew what I was doing. My co-workers were helpful on new projects or super busy days, we all helped each other. There was nothing hard about the job; I was trained well to do everything that was expected of me. I most enjoyed the accomplishments that I received while working for Energy Solutions and the experience that I got from working there.
Up and coming company of close knit co-workers
Intern (Former Employee), Oakland, CAOctober 30, 2012
As an energy efficiency consulting company, environmentally conscious details are paid heed. Indoor bike racks are provided as well as showers for commuters. Natural light supplements electrical light to help to ease the feelings of confinement that may be found in a typical workplace in addition to lessening energy consumption. Work was eye opening and challenging without being stressful.
Great colleagues but not a place to build a future, stepping stone
Senior Process Engineer (Current Employee), Columbia, MDSeptember 29, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: instability of company
Duties are assigned and I self regulate my daily task. Require little oversight. I have learned alot about the nuclear industry. My co-workers are a pleasure to work with. The hardest part of my job is the unstable work load. We are either extremely busy or have no work at all. The flexible work schedule has been an asset.
Great job!
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 2, 2012
Loved this job, but one of us in the family needed to retire, so I got to do it. Also we moved to Illinois from Utah, hard to take this awesome job with me....
Stable Job
Incinerator crew (Former Employee), Oak Ridge, TNJuly 4, 2012
Pros: great people, fast paced
Cons: hot, full ppe
Work was easy and not very demanding. They took real concern in your well being as a employee
Good job
Decon (Former Employee), Clive, UTJune 22, 2012
I like the fact that the go the extra mile to help get their employees the the work site.