Energy Transfer Partners Employee Reviews

The hardest part of the job
Lead Analyst, Treasury (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 12, 2017
This company is always acquiring and divesting. You will experience multiple changes on a regular basis. Only applicants who are comfortable with continuous change should apply for a position at this company.
Good paycheck
Lead Instrumentation and Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Coyanosa, TXMay 26, 2017
Good pay, but poisonous work atmosphere. Production above safety. Despite personnel cuts, as much or more production was expected. This led to an atmosphere where people worked past exhaustion.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Unrealistic management expaectations
Exciting work
Purchasing Agent/ Warehouseman (Current Employee) –  Cotulla, TXMay 24, 2017
Working with energy transfer was fun and stressfull all at the same time, for me there was no advancement and little to no help regarding housing or travel even though they knowingly hired me working and living 4 hours apart and made promises to compensate me for my travel and living.
Pros
Free meal on business trips
Cons
non paid commute to and from work every week, no per diam, no housing provided to 5 and 2 employees
Energy Transfer Partners
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 14, 2017
Amazing Fortune 500 Oil and Gas Company. I've been here since January 2016. The company has a lot of great people and management is really awesome. Will recommend to anybody looking for a foot in the door.
the department is fun to work with
Coordinator / Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 21, 2017
the department is nice but the management does not have the people are the company. Management wants you to like who they like and not to get to know the person for yourself
Pros
break areas
Cons
no execercise place
Great pay a lot of age discrimination.
Measurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXApril 5, 2017
Great benefits and great pay. No respect for Senior experience people or Advancement will be in your future. If your over 40 you don't get interviewed for new postings. A lot of harsh statements about aged employees.
Pros
Great pay & Benefits
Cons
You're persecuted for age and experience!
relaxed and low pressure environment
Corporate Records Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 9, 2017
Energy Transfer is overall a great place to work. Their HR department is very supportive of employees, even though upward promotion is challenging. They do support continuing education.
Etp
NGL/Condensate Analyst - Business Development (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 3, 2017
Good company to work for, a bigger focus on employee development would be more beneficial to the younger employees future.
Best place to work
LEAD ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 30, 2016
This place is one of a kind. My manager works with my kids school since they start at two different times. The CEO lets us out early the weekends of holidays if work load permits. They buy us lunch at month end close which is great because it helps us to meet our work deadlines. Pay is more than I have ever made before which is awesome that they pay at least at market value. I have moved up from a staff to a lead so advancement is possible.
Good Paying Job
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PAApril 21, 2016
Great pay and benefits, but will take you from your family quite a bit. Constant weekend and on-call work. Company definitely spends the money to make sure they get employees everything they need.
Pros
pay
Cons
on call
I was given the opportunity to start the company's personnel and payroll department after being sold and separated from the parent company.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 2, 2015
Great working experience
Excellent culture
The best part of the job was traveling to all of the remote pipeline offices in Texas and Oklahoma and spending time training, giving presentations, learning about each employee's job and work experiences.
Pros
Travel, culture, management, growth and development of my skills
Cons
Management turnover, dual reporting relationships
Exceptionally fun and facilitating work place
Environmental Compliance Intern (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 8, 2015
One of the best places I have ever worked! Awesome staff and awesome co workers. Company actually takes into account the concerns of the employees. Bosses don't feel bosses but more like team leaders management and even upper level management are always promoting their availability. Have learned a lot about teamwork here and how a healthy workplace environment should work.
Fun Group of People
General Ledger accountant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 4, 2015
Loved working here. Great people, a lot of support, easy to ask questions and reach out for help. Great atmosphere, organized, and always working as a team
Fun and hard working environment
Sr. SOX Auditor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasMarch 24, 2015
Working at Energy Transfer is a laid back, business casual work environment. This environment evokes better morale from employees and an eagerness to work hard.
Pros
Annual parties, competitive bonus
Cons
struggle to advance
Productive and growing company
Treasury Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 16, 2013
A typical day includes transferring money via wire, ach, and checks. This is a midpoint in the accounting process between accounts payable and accounts receivable. I learned different accounting programs and what auditors are looking for. I also learned more about the oil and natural gas industry. Management and co-workers were easy going and readily available. There is a lot of knowledge sharing. There was no hard part to the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people I worked with.
Pros
Free lunches, Holiday parties, Family oriented
Cons
Monthly closes; Yearly audits
Rating Has Changed
IT Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 23, 2013
Rating has changed in the last year due to poor management at the C-Level and culture change.
Pros
Excellent Compensation with Bonuses
Cons
Culture and Atmosphere can change quickly
A lot of freedom if you act responsibly
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 6, 2012
Worked a lot outdoors, very good people. Spent pretty much every day traveling. I learned a great deal about natural gas transportation.
Pros
company truck, safe environment, and pays well.
Cons
a lot of travel (con if you don't like travel)
fun and comfortable place to work with
Accounting Intern (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TexasMarch 28, 2012
Open working area, so less privacy.
Flexible work schedule.
Most team members are young and professional.
Pros
no dressing code
Cons
location is not so convenient