DEPARTMENT: NYSEG/RGE Program
ENTITY NAME: EnerPath Services, Inc.
LOCATION: Buffalo, NY
Interacts on a daily basis with customers in the field, including cold calling, to evaluate and identify energy saving opportunities. Conducts energy surveys for customer’s business using a IPad or tablet. Educates customer about utility programs being offered and other potential rebate opportunities. Obtains signature from customer to authorize installation of energy efficient measures applicable.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Identifies key decision makers and educates them about utility program offerings. Must be organized, detailed-oriented and self-motivated to manage schedule, set-up appointments and customer follow-up.
2) Conducts energy audits of non-residential and residential buildings as required, that includes but is not limited to identifying existing lighting, HVAC, refrigeration, gas and water using equipment/measures. This information is recorded and stored electronically using intuitive EnerPath software that resides on IPad’s and/or tablets. Must have the knowledge base to make equipment recommendations in some circumstances. Must be able to identify potential future leads that could be added to the program.
3) Educates customer about general energy saving tips and desired behavioral changes that could be made to save energy. Educates customer on identified equipment change-out opportunities and obtains signature for installation approval. Explains the financial and environmental benefits of proposed changes and collects any customer co-payment and/or deposits needed to proceed. Explains next steps with the installation process, leaving the customer fully aware of what they may expect.
4) Attends scheduled department meetings and continued education classes.
5) Meets minimal performance and quality standards.
6) Responsible for representing ESI in a professional manner and abiding by all safety and employee guidelines.
7) Responsible for maintaining and protecting all electronic equipment issued.
Supervised by: Sales Manager
Closely works with: Program Manager, Program Coordinator, Team Leader
1. High school diploma
2. Able to proficiently use Microsoft Office Suite
3. Strong communication skills with the ability to teach/educate with passion and a strong knowledge base
4. Strong organizational skills
5. Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, changing, entrepreneurial work environment
6. Ability to work as a productive member of a team with a good team spirit and attitude
7. Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, nights, evenings and overtime, when necessary
8. Ability to work well under pressure while performing multiple tasks
9. Must possess a valid driver’s license applicable to state laws and dependable transportation
10. Past customer service or sales experience preferred