EnerSys Delaware Inc. Employee Reviews

Decent Place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOJanuary 19, 2017
Material handlers work in warehouses and production facilities to move products. This might mean finding materials on the shelves and wrapping them and putting them on a delivery truck, or pulling materials off the truck and putting them in the proper shelf spot
I like working at enersys there are a lot of worse jobs
fad (Current Employee) –  SCDecember 29, 2016
enersys sumter metal plant is a fast growing plant your advancin in the company is solely on you they give you the tool to do your job and expect you to do it which doesn't happen all the time it's not a bad place to work they give you usually 48 hrs notice on overtime unless customers demand more I enjoy working here you will hear in any plant favoritism but usually the people saying that are the same ones who calls out / or just come to work for a paycheck and they are the ones who don't care ^if you have more bad days than good days at any job do yourself a favor and quite
Pros
paid lunch, salary, advancement is up to you
Cons
heat it is hot in the summer time no ac
terrible place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCNovember 1, 2016
Production manager has mysterious illnesses every time stress levels get high in the plant.Production rate is almost impossible to acheive, supervisors bird dog you all the time, favortism is a problem, they give you $1.50 cotton work gloves to weld in, not much ventilation,just terrible place
Pros
pay is decent
Cons
everything other than pay
Don't work here
Fit welder (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCOctober 29, 2016
Little to no preventive maintenance, old worn equipment, efficiency rating is very difficult to achieve, little to no notice of overtime happened alot, management only cares about efficiency, safety was a joke, supervisor had no knowledge of how to do my job and had no answers to any questions, gave welders gardening gloves to weld in, cheapest welding they could buy, favoritism was more than obvious, overall this placed sucked.
Pros
Check never bounced, made decent money but it wasnt worth it
Cons
Just about everything
A OK place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reading, PANovember 11, 2015
Company is getting to big to fast and not enough employees to support the work load. A lot of good employees who are committed in doing their job.
I never enjoyed working on the assembly line it was fast pace
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 1, 2015
a typical day at work was very exhausting. I learned I do not like a fast pace job. Management did not care how you felt. my co-workers were fine they understood how I felt. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the line. The most enjoyable part of the job was joking with co-workers.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
long periods of work with no break
no supervision
jack of all trades,master of none (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSJuly 23, 2015
Supervisors are never around to help out line leaders. my co- workers were nothing but tattletales and refuse to do their work, constantly bitched about work enviroment. H.R. is a joke. Favoritisim is rampant, if management doesn't like you or if you stick up for yourself they always find a way to punish you. It was like being back in elementary school.
Pros
excellent medical benefits
Cons
too much favoritisim, lack of leadership, immature co-workers
Good Pay is about all
Heat seal (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KyJanuary 7, 2013
Work 50 to 60 hour days which is not bad but if you have a family you won't see them much. Very hazardous place to work. It is said the lead won't affect you as long as you keep the levels low but since I have not been in there every day, I feel much better.

You better be to work everyday or you will get points. It does not matter the reason. Had to take my daughter to the ER, had doctor statement and still gave me a point.You get them for being late, leaving early or even going to the doctor. Get to many and your out the door. I can understand attendance policies but life happens.
Pros
pay
Cons
very short breaks, not employee friendly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EnerSys Delaware Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2