EnerSys Employee Reviews

Pretty good place to work
SBS Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond kyDecember 6, 2017
Pretty good pay rate and good co workers. temperatures get high and the work is pretty tough at first. once you get used to it its actually a good job.
Management is only for themselves does not look out for employees
Encapsulater (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MODecember 1, 2017
Management does not care about their employees. Problems get turned in and they are ignored, but when an employee reacts to an ongoing situation they fire them. If they would have handled it in the beginning employees wouldn't have reacted in the way they did.
Fast pace and loved it
Customer Service Representive / Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYNovember 29, 2017
My time at Enersys allowed me to advance and I loved my job. Enersys has been forced to make some cut backs, I unfortunatly fell in the cut. I believe Enersys to be a great company to work for. My only set back was with a few of the older staff managmanet who I felt did not want to nove the company forward. I wish my peers at Enersys only the best and hope that they can once again bring up the sales.
Pros
Bennifits, 401K close to home
Cons
Needs to update
Na
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Sylmar, CANovember 11, 2017
IT is a good company. production balance is not good .I think product manager and line feeding and balanves is not good.some times every body should work over time and some times is not to do. that is not good
Enersys was a great place to work
Area Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYNovember 8, 2017
The people I worked with were great. However the executive level made some very poor decisions along the way and has cost many people their jobs. I started on the factory floor and worked my way up into a salary position. I loved the job that I did until all the changes that occurred almost daily making it difficult to perform my job adequately.
Pros
My suppliers
Cons
Daily changes in process
Demanding with many challenges for upper management
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Home and Traveling throught the U.S.October 24, 2017
Stressful and challenging at the internal level. Poor communication within the company. Management is weak. Internal support is lacking with support. Logistics are not solid. Computer and software support is outdated and mot supported while traveling. Products are great, yet inventory and availability can be an issue. Product lines for new technology are late to market and on time.
management team is young and inexperienced
Team member (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYSeptember 27, 2017
Employees need better protection from lead exposure.

Production schedule is poorly maintained. We worked every Saturday for weeks and then were given a Friday off with no pay.

Pros
pay
Cons
hours and management
Advanced from Corporate Trainer to Customer Service manager
Corporate Trainer and Manager of Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Reading, PASeptember 19, 2017
Fast paced environment. Able to use my customer service skills in retaining customers. Got government help to aid training costs on my own. I loved the training aspect and that was what I was hired for. The customer service manager position was very challenging with a work force that was not easily manageable. The culture as difficult and set in their ways. Difficult to change their procedures to do things more efficiently and with better results.
Pros
Good salary - enjoyed the corporate training position
Cons
Did not like change of any sort
Professional environment, fun people
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILSeptember 5, 2017
Opportunity for job growth. Hard workers rewarded. Job flexibility available for those who earn it. Work with people who have been in the industry for 25+ years; learn from their experience and become a part of a work-family
it was a really nice place to work
Automated Sulfuric Acid Battery Filler, MH (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOAugust 30, 2017
I loved working at EnerSys, i had only stopped working for this company due to a company wide Layoff, during the layoff the points system ad been changed and that is what had caused me to not be eligible for a call back, but other than that it is a really good place to work if you can get on, i will be getting ahold of them in the near future to see if i can continue my employment with them!
Pros
Air conditioned through out the warhouse
Cons
poor management of the points system

Want to know more about EnerSys?

Ask a question
travel
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Broadview Heights, OHAugust 29, 2017
The only thing about the job was travel. Great people to work with. My Boss took real good care of everyone. All and all it was a great job. The job was a great experienc
Pros
good clean great people
Cons
travel
Horrible work enviroment
Field Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJAugust 29, 2017
It only matters who you are family to in this company. The safety program is a joke. The personnel in charge of safety watches someone get shocked to the point their arms are burnt and didn't report it. A fork lift driver runs over a person and nothing happens to them, and if you self report you get in trouble.They don't back up their employees to their customers. The customer is always right even when they are wrong.The management will tell you they have your back, they let you take blame for everything.
Pros
You make a lot of money due to how many hours you work.
Cons
No home life. Always on the road, and they don't care about their employees
Nice place to work
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDAugust 28, 2017
When you are hired, after your 90 days you receive a cellphone, laptop computer, and company vehicle . Each day you drive to the worksite , complete your work, and return home or to your hotel, according to the location of the job site. Your time begins a half an hour after you leave your home or hotel, and ends a half an hour before you return.
Pros
You receive a company vehicle and cell phone, so you don't have to use your own for company business
Highlift Driver in Manufacturer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYJuly 4, 2017
Enersys was a great place to work, and made very good money through their incintive program. The more our team did, the more money we made. The lead was the only bad thing, had to have lead test monthly.
Pros
great pay
Cons
lead test
great pay and benefits
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYJune 22, 2017
This is a great place to work sad to leave! It is not easy work you have to work hard. You have your blood drawn monthly depending what department due to heavy lead exposure.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
working with lead
It was good
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYJune 21, 2017
It is a good job with great pay only thing i couldn't handle was being around the lead which did not react well with my body. You also had to take showers at the end of your shift and couldn't leave on lunch due to being contaminated.
back stabbers ahoy
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Willowbrook, ILJune 7, 2017
the place is like a rotten caramel apple ... it looks great on the out side ... but then after that first bite .... its just gross... i did have some good times with some of the employees and bonded the same way dogs bond when they are stuck together ... and that is exactly what it is .. the same people you stand with will stab you in the back soon as they get a chance ... or when they want to try to be leader of the pack

such as the sales person will underhandedly have you written up to make his deadbeat son look good ,,,,bewarned
Pros
free food
Cons
everything else
Great opportunity for new employ ees
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOMay 26, 2017
EnerSys is your typical factory setting. There are a number of positions available based on the amount of work one is willing to do, with continuous advancement so long as a position is available. However, salary is based purely on a pay-grade and is independent on ones history or employment history (I'm being paid the same as individuals who have worked there over thirty years). In my opinion, it's a great opportunity if viewed as a temporary solution.
Pros
Decent pay, good benefits
Cons
Little room for advancement
Great place
Corporate Accountant (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAMay 22, 2017
Nice and beautiful environment to work, greater mobility and long term perspective possible.
Large view cycle and more comprehension between various groups.
Been here over 12 yrs. love it now
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCMay 8, 2017
Getting better. Plant manager is approachable and listens. New maintenance manager has had large impact on safety and machine uptime.
Weld shop is getting ac..new welding machines. Love it now
Pros
People care now. Ac in welding shop
Cons
Still an old building