EnerSys

EnerSys Employer Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Shop Technician (Current Employee), Bluefield, WVJuly 15, 2014
Pros: great employees, resteraunts are close for lunch time travel, work under a roof and not in the harsh environment anymore.
Cons: no room for employee growth
A Typical day would consist of either doing 3 to 6 things at once or nothing at all but sweep the shop all day. Ive learned to use a torch,crane, and operate a forklift.The hardest part of the day is when the shop gets swamped with 6 orders and only 2 workers to get the jobs done.The most enjoyable part of the day is knowing the satisfaction that you – more... got the job done which helps powers the mining industry. – less
Physically laboring job with good pay and benefits
Production (Former Employee), Warrensburg, MOJune 25, 2014
Pros: good paying job with good benefits.
Cons: very dirty, very hot working environment, must wear uniform.
Assembly line work. Working with machinery, changing over parts, adjusting machines to spec, routine maintenance to machinery, quality control sheets. Must be able stand 8+ hours per shift. Must be able to push, pull, lift, 30+pounds. Consistent fast-paced work. Most of the time very hot working conditions. The benefits and pay rate are excellent.
Relaxing and peaceful work environment
Self Contracting Proffesional Cleaning (Former Employee), West Chester, OHJune 14, 2014
Pros: making my own hours, and working with no supervision, as it was not needed
Cons: the budget cut
I learned to be my own boss, and using my time wisely on the job. Having a routine is always a good thing. Everyone employed by this company were very nice people. The best part about this job, was having the opportunity to work for myself and make my own hours.
Good place to work. Stable company.
Sales Engineer (Former Employee), Chicago, IllMarch 25, 2014
No job security. I felt I gave a lot to this company and was given no real reason of why I was let go.
big things in small packages
Weld lead terminal connections to charging plates (Former Employee), Hays, KSFebruary 9, 2014
The radio is something that can take you by surprise in the word of people on the air and the job was a little easy.
Topsy Turvy
Team Assembler (Former Employee), Sumter, SCJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: too many lay-offs
this was an up and down job. the managers where always different, staff was demoted and promoted for non work reasons, but the pay and the environment was good. great time working with forklifts and all kind of machinery. unloading and loading freight trucks was great!
Great job
Quality Technician (Current Employee), Warrensburg, MOJanuary 2, 2014
Enjoyed my past ten years and have gained valuable knowledge!
Horrible traning program and no manager support
Sales Engineer (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYDecember 28, 2013
Pros: benefits and compensation
Cons: no training, no learning curve, no support from management, high stress from feeling like losing job, constantly not what a sales rep should feel stressed about which is making quota
My training here consisted of riding with the person I was hired to replace for two weeks and watched him do his new job. Was then told by manager not to call this employee who held the position with questions. Mistakes were not looked at as learning experiences they were strikes against you. Worked from 4 am until 10 pm - stressed to the max about – more... making a mistake. Was fired two weeks before Christmas with no warning or explanation and I was ranked 15th out of 90 in the sales force with over 3.2 million in sales. I was able to accomplish this sales record in a short 5 months with the company. I do not necessarily believe the entire company is bad but my manager was the worst I have had in my career. – less
Charging batteries
Operator (Former Employee), Chino, CANovember 4, 2013
Although i enjoyed my job at Enersys, it is not for everyone. Thre is no room for advancement or growth. nice job for a college stupid.
Stable company with excellent benefits
National Account Service Manager (Current Employee), Norcross, GAOctober 14, 2013
Pros: stable company
Cons: not a lot of females in higher positions.
This company is a good company to work for. Good benefits, decent pay, and fairly consistent hours.
I looked forward to a work day at EnerSys.
General Accountant (Former Employee), Sumter, SCSeptember 19, 2013
I enjoyed the accounting department and my coworkers. Month end
responsibilities were always met. Challenges were welcomed.
Recognition
Material Handler (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJune 11, 2013
Pros: good environment
Cons: benefits cost really high!
The most enjoyable part of the job is when your able get your work done and make your boss look good!
Most horrible place to work
SERVICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee), CaliforniaMay 6, 2013
Cons: lack of consideration for employees
Could not get any help from management when asked. They argue a lot. Coworkers were great. Could not get an understanding of the work I needed to do because every time I asked for help I was told, "Go ask the other manager"," I don't have time". Over all treatment was terrible. Reported to HR, (not by me) and nothing ever done. There was nothing enjoyable – more... about this job. Would not recommend them to anyone. – less
job stinks
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee), Sumter, SCApril 28, 2013
Cons: more than i can list
bad environment,no ventilation in welding shop,tell you on Friday that your mandatory working Saturdays,supervisors stand over you when you work,etc
I wasn't in this company for too long due to the fact that it was a temporary job.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Allentown, PAApril 24, 2013
Pros: friendly environment.
Cons: slows down fast and they send the temps home.
I liked the job. I learned how to set up over 100 batteries to get charge with one charger. Everyone was friendly and willing to help. The only downfall for me was that I was working by a temp agency with no benefits at all.
Eneersys does not care about there employees or there people at all.
EHS Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, KYApril 3, 2013
Pros: going home un hurt
Cons: bad enviroment bad managament
Enersys is in a dangerous business and does not keep BET on all it processes. The main goal is not safety is make production.
EHS, Quality suffer for production
When issues or major problems are found , Management is looking for someone to blame and fire and not fix the issue.
This starts from the TOP and goes down.
The hardest workers are the T/Ms – more... and they are paid the least
and respected. Worked many weekends without even a thank you
or comp days. – less

May 24, 2013

Oh my, thanks for this information. I had an interview with enersys in Richmond a few ago for an EHS manager position, but I thank God it did not move forward. After the phone interview, I had a gut feeling that this interview was just a part of the HR statistics. Anyway, not a good place to work for huh!

Be Careful what you say
Electronic Technician (Former Employee), Lorain, OhioFebruary 25, 2013
Cons: untrusting coworkers and management
Worked at the one in Lorain, Ohio. Coworker talked about some working conditions I joked about it and that they should get a union. I was fired and out of a job 2 weeks later.
Right Place, Wrong Time
Floor Associate Tech (Current Employee), Warrensburg MODecember 10, 2012
Pros: money
Cons: lay offs
EnerSys was a great place to work, money was good, job was easy. But it seems as if every 3 or 4 years they go in a dry spell and have to lay people off, starting December 1st 2012 anyone that was not hired before Aug. 2010 got the boot, no matter how much you knew, or how hard you worked.

June 21, 2013

Was laid off at the Warrensburg plant November 2012, some production slots opened up again in spring of 13, applied..no answer..was told i was put on a do not hire list..I liked the job..close to home, worked hard and did my best..but wasn't good enough..fast enough..they like their numbers over quality...and the drama is rediculous..

Too much overtime
Heat Seal Operator (Current Employee), Richmond, KYSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: pay
Cons: short breaks, attendance policy
5o+ hours a week, don't see kids except on weekends when they are in school, and miss day of work-get a point-for any reason to include going to doctor. 14 points your fired.
Demanding and Rewarding
Coordinator (Former Employee), MichiganSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: feels like a family
Cons: "not being acknowledged for going above and beyond
Very busy office. Customers are always top priority, making sure they are satisfied. Heavy phone work. Management in the service department lacking people skills. Must have a thick skin and not take anything personal.

About EnerSys

EnerSys' batteries are there when industrial-strength power is needed. The company makes stationary industrial batteries that – Read more