EnerSys Employee Reviews

good pay
Factory Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOJanuary 21, 2017
the pay is excellent. can be a long day but overall it's a good place to work. I've learned to work with a wide variety of people.
Stationary Batteries & Chargers
Service tech (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 11, 2016
Enersys was a great company to work for. I worked there since high school. They have a lot of good perks. The worst part of the job is being gone for long periods of time.
Pros
Working condition, alot of overtime
Cons
Wierd hours, not a open position, travel alot
great place and good co.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PASeptember 14, 2016
Great place to work for found no problems with the co.working days were good.working with my co-workers were good the most enjoyable days were meeting with my customers.
Good salary, but the corporate culture is lacking in every way
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYSeptember 5, 2016
My primary role as an engineer is to support production. I could be a functioning alcoholic and do that job, so my "free time" is completely un-monitored such that I can pursue my own projects (AWESOME) and I do almost anything I want, with a reasonable budget, but...it comes at a price. I have zero technical support and no mentor and as a first year grad, that's not good. My manager's technical ability is far less than my own and we frequently do not report actual results to the corporate office because of the subsequent fallout that can occur from "doing too good of a job with [insert program here]," which could (would?) result in the reduction of manpower, which our operation desperately needs.

To further explain, the corporate office continues to dictate policy and practice, but does not care to involve itself in understanding the daily activity of the production facilities. This creates an underlying mistrust throughout the company. The corporate office is viewed as a cost cutter first and foremost, without taking into account what actually happens when services or manpower is reduced.

My co-workers are awesome.

My manager is a terrific guy but either cannot or will not hold a reasonable dialog with our corporate office as to why our automation programs simply cannot justify the reduction in manpower (due to recent, additional responsibilities placed upon the facility)

The hardest part of the job, for me, is the political atmosphere. I love the people I work with, but I need something more like academia where I have collaboration with fellow professionals.
  more... I just don't have that in my current role and I'm not willing to move to Reading, PA to attain it.

The most enjoyable part of the job is doing whatever I want (that adds value to the organization). I have a lot of people that recognize my value, but the political atmosphere is such that they are either unwilling to give credit for fear of having to pay me even more money, or want the credit for themselves. Either way, the atmosphere is toxic.
Pros
Good health, dental, vision benefits, flex spending, willing to negotiate vacation on hire
Cons
Forced to take vacation on plant shutdown times, inter-company political climate, cold atmosphere, internal secrecy that appears almost scandalous at times
Great work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJuly 27, 2016
Great work, and different challenges. Learned a lot about battiers and wiring. Training was very detailed, helped very much when it came to charging big and small battiers
Pros
Training
Fun place to work
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 24, 2016
I worked at this company for 14 yrs it was a great experience I did assembly parts for battery chargers we built chargers for airplanes nd tow motors or forklifts did most of the jobs required great place to work but unfortunately I got laid off and just recently the company decided to close doors and move out of state.
great
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOJune 21, 2016
Enersys gives anyone an opportunity to work. I've worked there for eight years and enjoy it. I'm grateful they gave me an opportunity to work there.
Coil Winder/Assembler/High Frequency Tester (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 31, 2016
It was a productive place to work. Most coworkers were like family.
I was a high frequency tester so I tested, and programmed circuit boards. Nothing hard about the job. Most enjoyable was the people.
Challenging work place with profitable manufactured product.
Controller (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 31, 2016
I was responsible for payroll, accounts payable, the general ledger, maintain the integrity of SOX reporting, all standard cost reporting, and monthly closing. A typical workday after close would be closing analysis to plant and corporate management. Payroll was on a bi-weekly schedule and maintaining the G/L and standard costs were a daily challenge.

I reported directly to the Plant Manager, with a dotted line to Corporate Cost Accounting in Reading, PA.

Hardest part of my job was Union Negotiations, the most enjoyable was the daily challenge..
Pros
Very close knit working environment.
Cons
Cocern for plant shutdown.
Very productive and friendly atmosphere
SAP Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSMay 20, 2016
Loved this job! Wish I could have stayed, definitely a career options after college. I gained experience with the SAP system and my bosses always pushed me to do better than I thought I could.
Productive workplace
ELECTRICAL ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 20, 2016
For 21 years, I enjoyed working at Enersys. Unfortunately, the plant closed. I have learned and grown with the company.
Good pay, decent production jobs, bad place to work due to people
Charging Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYMarch 9, 2016
Most jobs are not bad, the people you work with and the management are horrible. I am talking a whole new level of horrible. Horrible people, horrible management but a good job with great pay and decent benefits. It would be up to you on how much you can take and what your willing to deal with if seeking a job here.
Pros
Compensation, benefites
Cons
Enersys as a company is as bad as most of their employees, The people and employees are very childish and continually try to get one another fired.
EnerSys Review
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Hays, KSJanuary 12, 2016
I enjoy everyone at this company that I work with, however, as a FHSU student that just graduated with a Bachelor's degree, there is no opportunity for advancement in this company.
Everyone that i worked around was very good people
Preformed QC (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCJanuary 2, 2016
My job at Enersys was very comfortable,i enjoyed working for the company,they treat there employess very well,everyday that I would come into work I didn't have to worry about no one looking over my head while im working,any assignment that was sue I always completed on time to prepare for shipping out....
good place
Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYDecember 1, 2015
great company decent pay long hours a lot of hard work a lot of hours room to move and grow and move up in the company. the harder u work the better u move up
Old and building is remote place
Technical consultant EDI/ALE (SD,MM,WM,FICO) (Former Employee) –  Reading, PANovember 6, 2015
The nature of work did was critical for business, I enjoyed the work I did as the Enersys Benefitting much by automated docoument exchange.
Pros
Freelance consultant
Cons
Commuting
Not bad work for the money but very repetitive.
production associate (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOOctober 23, 2015
I worked for Enersys in the Warrensburg location. This is not a bad job all in all and as far as factory work this is probably the easiest work you will find in the area for the money. Management shows a lot of favoritism on all of the shifts. This is a very unstable job and if you want to be laid off around the holidays they are known for that. All in all not a horrible place to work but not good for a steady reliable income.
Pros
Not to hard of work
Cons
lead exposure, to many shutdowns a year (1 wk in July, 1 in Nov if slow, and 2 wks in dec)
Production
Material Handler & Encapulator (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, MOOctober 16, 2015
Enjoyed the fast paced environment. Enersys has friendly co-workers and management. Good balance for all tasks needed to preform job tasks.
Cool projects to work on and great engineers to work with
Embedded Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 1, 2015
The development of new battery chargers has been exciting and fun. Plus, the resources of engineering support and personnel has been exceptional.
Just Awful
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  NoviSeptember 25, 2015
Management is never available, mean co-workers, negative attitudes, lot's of favoritism, lack of training, never complimented for a good job but ALWAYS called out when doing wrong, all in all a very unhappy work environment.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EnerSys. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9