EnerSys

EnerSys Employee Reviews

Plenty of opportunity
Project Manager (Current Employee), Reading, PAJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Small company feel
Cons: Big company opportunity
Good opportunity for growth in the industry of energy storage systems driven from top line management to be leaders in the industry
Favorite
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Warrensburg, MOJuly 7, 2015
Serving jobs are not great pay but overall are my favorite jobs. Waitressing families is just that, a family and they treat you as one.
Good place to work with talented workforce.
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Warrensburg, MOJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and good cooperative workforce.
Cons: Compensation has not kept up with area or national markets.
I would review requirements for new equipment or replacement of obsolete equipment. Create design and fabrication drawings. Udate the bill of material and issue ECO's for new parts or changes. I learned more about different materials and their reactions to acid and dionized water. Management has just changed and I am not sure of the direction that will take place. My co-workers are talented and competent and very easy to work with. There is a lot of sharing of design iterations to come up with better solutions. The hardest part of the job when I got here was getting all the work done as a plant expansion was underway and there was much to get done. Currently, the work load is much lighter and I am finding myself missing the urgency that was in my career here earlier. I enjoy the fact that the plant I work at for Enersys is the company's largest and most profitable. We also make a premium lead acid battery that is well know in the many industries that use them.
Great employees
Sr. Staff Engineer (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 3, 2015
In a typical day you can work on a new model in CAD, help manufacturing engineer a second sourced part to fit properly and ensure the quality of the charger will be maintained.

Very challenging place to work. The job keeps you mentally stimulated.
Bad company
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), Romeoville, ILJune 1, 2015
Pros: company vehicle
Cons: travel, incompetent managers
Travel 80% of the year.
Management is incompetent.
Little to no notice on work schedule (days, nights, weekends)
Lifting 100lb+ batteries
It is a hard place to work at
Production worker (Former Employee), Hays,KSMay 30, 2015
It involves a lot of standing around, and being around heavy machines all night long. Working with a team can be stressful at times, other than that the pay is good.
Excellent Work Enviroment
Field Service Technician and Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Somerset, NJApril 14, 2015
Great company to work for. Great coworkers. Overall great experience. Excellent pay. Great Benefits. Great if you love to travel.
good old boy system
Product Support Representative (Former Employee), Union City, CAApril 12, 2015
Pros: weekends off, descent pay and benefits
Cons: management waves a stick all day and rarely does the carrot come out. Lead blood testing
The product is good, warranty is good, management is closed off and can be completely disrespectful. Your ether in or out with them, senior management is too involved in day to day. Hire felons and treat every employee like one. Lots of turnover
fair place to work
battery tech (Former Employee), Richmond, KYApril 8, 2015
I also enjoyed working here. I worked here for 18 years. I only left because of a better job with more pay and better benefits. Worst career decision of my life.
sucks
Department 65 manufacturing lead batteries (Former Employee), Richmond, KYMarch 31, 2015
they had no idea how to run a company. the only thing good about it was the supervisor i worked for. having to worry about your blood lead level was awful
a great company with always changing enviroment
field service tech (Former Employee), Sumner, WAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: quarterly bonuses and lots of travel to different places
I had to install and maintain backup batteries for various applications for hospitals, data centers, telecom and many more.
worked on assembly line and drove forklift
SBS operator (Former Employee), Richmond, KYMarch 22, 2015
Pros: money
Very good people and great job and great pay. Benefits where great and really enjoyed working there. the days went by fast because it was very fast pace and made incentive anything over 100 percent
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), new jerseyFebruary 26, 2015
great work environment, friendly management, Family oriented , Great job security, clean work place, corporate cared about all the service centers.
Management sucks
Truck Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee), Warrensburg, MOJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good pay, good healthcare
Cons: management sucks
Okay place to work. good healthcare. Nice people that arent management.
Productive place to work
Battery Manufacturer (Former Employee), Warrensburg, MOJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: good healthcare
Cons: short breaks
Very organized. learned how to work in many parts of the company, especially doing overtime. Learned to build, inspect,pack and ship batteries. Ensures policies and procedures are followed. Management was good in most areas. Good opportunities for overtime and success within the company.
Guys in the shop were great to work with!
Shop Tech (Former Employee), Bluefield, WVNovember 21, 2014
Pros: good shop people, decent hours
Cons: management was poor, rude and incompetent.
A typical day was breaking down or building mine batteries.
I learned about Cells and the building/breaking down of used batteries.
Management was Poor.
My coworkers were great guys.
The hardest part of my job was being unappreciated and talked down to, doing my(our) best there and not being appreciated (always put down, everyone still is) or respected for the work i did.
The enjoyable part was that i made good product to power this country, and made great friends.
Stressful
Cladex (Current Employee), Richmond, KYOctober 9, 2014
Its a good job, IF you are mechanically inclined and thrive in stressful environments this job is for you.
good place to work , descent pay
Grinder (Current Employee), Sumter, SCOctober 2, 2014
using a rotary grinder to shape welds to quality approved standards, maneuvering 50lbs-600lbs fork lift batter boxes on a conveyor, fixing imperfections in paint/welds on boxes with grinder and welder,
productive and interesting job
Service Technician (Former Employee), Menomonee Falls, WISeptember 15, 2014
Pros: small shop
Cons: far drive
At the menomonee falls enersys service center we fixed batteries for forklifts by taking voltages of all the cells, charge the battery and acid adjusting before we would test them on a load bank. The shop was small and there was only a few employes so everyone new each other pretty good. I like that for the time i was there i learned something new every day.
Productive and fun workplace
Shop Technician (Current Employee), Bluefield, WVJuly 15, 2014
Pros: great employees, resteraunts are close for lunch time travel, work under a roof and not in the harsh environment anymore.
Cons: no room for employee growth
A Typical day would consist of either doing 3 to 6 things at once or nothing at all but sweep the shop all day. Ive learned to use a torch,crane, and operate a forklift.The hardest part of the day is when the shop gets swamped with 6 orders and only 2 workers to get the jobs done.The most enjoyable part of the day is knowing the satisfaction that you got the job done which helps powers the mining industry.

1 2 3

About EnerSys

EnerSys' batteries are there when industrial-strength power is needed. The company makes stationary industrial batteries that – Read more

EnerSys Salaries