EngagementHealth is a small, rapidly-growing company located in the Chicago metropolitan area that was founded on the goal of developing an innovative and effective workplace wellness program for medium-sized businesses. EngagementHealth’s solutions employ features that range from regular interaction with health coaches to the use of innovative web-based health and wellness tools. Qualified candidates will have to opportunity to join a dynamic, entrepreneurial, and creative team that is focused on delivering the highest quality product.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for intuitive, user-centered design and a strong sense of aesthetic to join a small but growing team of talented technology professions in creating powerful online experiences that help members improve their health. This person will take responsibility for conceiving and designing interfaces for Web applications by applying their experience in user-centered design, graphic design, and web design. In particular:
- Become the company’s user experience leader and subject matter expert for user-focused design by understanding web design best practices and industry trends while making recommendations that best support the achievement of business objectives.
- Develop, follow, and help enforce company design standards and guidelines; ensuring that all new and existing designs have a consistent look & feel, follow best practices.
- Evaluate existing application user interface design and propose usability improvements.
- Create storyboards, mockups, and/or wireframes to communicate design ideas for new and existing applications.
- Work with management and the development team to design and deploy intuitive user interfaces for web applications while balancing the constraints of existing architecture and desired functionality.
- Degree in human factors, web design, graphic design, or equivalent work experience
- 4 or more years of design experience with a strong emphasis designing interactive experiences for web applications
- Excellent visual and user interface design skills with a strong emphasis on usability
- Ability to create pixel perfect website designs with a mastery of HTML/XHTML and CSS
- In-depth understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and requirements with an ability to creating designs that are compatible with all major browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, Firefox) and platforms (Windows, iOS, Andriod)
- Understanding of current and evolving web standards and trends as they relate to browser-based applications including those proposed by W3C
- Experience writing UI requirements, creating wireframes and user flows from business requirements, and creating final prototypes that can be leveraged by developers.
- HTML/XHTML (including currently supported HTML5 markup)
- CSS (including supported CSS3 modules)
- Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent tools
- Mockup and information/page flow tools
Nice to Have
- Experience with applications built on the Microsoft technology stack (ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server)
- Knowledge and experience with mobile device interface design
Candidates must submit a current resume with URLs for their portfolio (or equivalent) to be considered.