ENGIE Employee Reviews

Relaxed and fair. Great opportunities.
Instrumentation and Controls Technician (Current Employee) –  Golden, CONovember 22, 2017
I have learned quite a bit at Engie. The work environment and people make it easy to cross train if you wish. I can't speak for every Engie location as there are several.
Things don't get move very fast here...
Marketing Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 3, 2017
Ideas are received and management liked the ideas, but never really see any change.

If the ideas somehow moved forward. It doesn't get much more movement for at least 2 to 3 years out. Sometimes it just dies off without any type of communication within.

A lot of office politics, "it's not what you know, it's who you know applies" a lot of time here.

Advantage if you are in your mid-20s, young and attractive.
Enjoyed the variety of job duties and people to work with.
Marketing Coordinator/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 29, 2017
I began as Exec. Secretary to the Sr. VP of Finance, transferred to the Business Development group and after completing the Art Institute of Houston's 1 year Diploma Graphic Design course was promoted to the position of Marketing Coordinator.

The company did many in-house computer training courses as the computer software programs were introduced. I began with the Wang, transferring data to the Mac to convert it into PC mode. (Wang documents could not be read on the PC, hence the conversion process.)

As part of compiling PowerPoint presentations, I learned Graphics software to produce line drawings from the Engineers as part of their presentations for new Power Plant Construction projects.

After completing the Graphics Design course I then generated print-ready materials to go straight to print without incurring additional costs for layout or color corrections.
Pros
Training and improving skill sets were encouraged at every level.
Productive and great people to work with.
Tax Analyst and Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasJune 13, 2017
Engie has a big problem with advancing employees. If your manager wants to keep you you cannot advance to another opportunity even if you want to.

Also management always advance friends instead of best candidates.
Pros
Lots of cross training
Cons
Managers advance friends instead of best candidate
Relaxed environment
ACCOUNTING CLERK III (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 4, 2017
No micromanaging. You had your plants to process for and the trust level from my manager of you doing your job and meeting all deadlines was amazing. I worked with most women and that can be very challenging but we made it work. The company was fair and a great company to work for. The benefits were awesome.
great company
Equipment operator (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, NHMay 11, 2017
Engie is overall a great company to work for. it is a large company and they thrive on safety with is a great thing to have in a power generation company.
International company, very high safety standard, opportunities open for every one
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saudi ArabiaMarch 13, 2017
Most experts company in the utility sector. Expecting good future for the company in Middle East
Good opportunities for local to grow within the business.Providing attractive package
Great Opportunity
Maintenance Technician I (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 8, 2017
Good work Place. Provides great training to employees. Management was excellent real concern for employees. Working with the other employees was also a great experience as well.
Pros
Good work place
Clueless Management
Power Plant Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 22, 2016
It’s interesting to observe the lake of knowledge that management has for the areas they are in charge of.
You don’t get rewarded for your performance but get punished for others bad performances.
This year they took away our Christmas bonus because others in the Co didn’t do so well.
Pros
Management doesn’t have a clue.
Cons
Management doesn’t have a clue.
A company on the decline....quickly
Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 29, 2016
Those in Management positions treat good employees horribly and those employees that do nothing get promotions and raises. They grossly underpay employees that have been there for awhile and want them to do the work that 2-3 people previously did. I've never seen upper mgmt who profess Christianity so much but are the devil behind closed doors.
HR team is not be trusted. Too many shady happenings on their watch.
Pros
Still a few good people there
Cons
Upper mgmt is not trustworthy...see HR
Very bureaucratic slow acting company
Head of Engineering (Current Employee) –  turkeyNovember 19, 2016
Very bureaucratic slow acting company. Engie is restricted in using my skills and capabilities, I help to get them better.
Wonderful atmosphere to work. Good salary, great bosses
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 6, 2016
Worked as a PM/Business Analyst. Great working environment with great bosses. Lean shop and team members work at a decent pace and not overloaded with work. Very good salary.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Productive and nice place to work
Engineer Project Manager (Former Employee) –  ParisJune 1, 2016
I was in of the management of projects on a dashboard development level to optimise equipment management (need identification, specification report, development monitoring).
My typical day was to liaise all the people involved in the project to gather datas.
I really enjoyed the social side of the job.
I strongly improved my management skills.
Excellent work environment
Fashion Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 29, 2015
I enjoy the opportunity to work with such influential and hard working people. Mostly I enjoy being able to assist on set with well known photographers and models. I am a very driven person and it shows through my work at EngieStyle as well as my freelance work.
Pros
Invited to industry events and etc..
Ambiente tenso
ASESOR DE SERVICIO (Former Employee) –  TODO VA RFELACIONADO CON SERVICIO DE UNIDADESJuly 31, 2014
Mala administracion de la empresa,pero a la ves es bueno cuando uno quiere aprender sobre el producto que se maneja.
Ya que a mi la verdad aprendi cosas que jamas a via visto en experiencia de asesor ya llevo sobre 14 años en este medio.
Pros
Ninguna
Cons
Prestaciones al personal