Engility Corp Employee Reviews

Good Culture
Enterprise Architect (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 29, 2017
Only been there a month before contract ended but its a very nice experience to be here. I can see that I will be back if position opens up because it was a good experience here
Poor management communication, but worked on a great team
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 27, 2017
The management at Engility did an awful job of making individual employees feel valued. My former company got purchased by Engility and they immediately started slashing benefits with standard memos and no reasoning to even make us feel like they regretted what they had to do. Luckily I was part of an amazing team and my job wasn't as impacted as others.
good place to work with room to grow
Warehouse Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, MDMarch 22, 2017
Engility is a great place to work at. there is room to grow within the company to learn different tasks throughout the facility.Everyone is friendly and easy to approach when you have questions about anything.
Professional Environment; Flexible
Organizational Effectiveness, Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 22, 2017
Recognize this review is five years old. Engility is a spin-off of L3 Communications. They offered meaningful work with above average salaries until big Navy mandated a reduction in contractor salaries. As a field representative, my interaction with corporate was limited. I have favorable memories working with Engility. You'd do well to check with more recent reviews.
Pros
Meaningful work; competitive salaries (at one time)
Cons
No bonus options
Lackluster Company
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Ft. Rucker, ALMarch 19, 2017
L-3 wins the US Army SERE Contract via a (lowest bidder) offer, to begin work on Jan. 1, 2012. 6 months into the contract, L-3 realizes it drastically underbid the contract in an effort to win. So, L-3 creates a new company called Engility Corporation, probably for the tax write-off, due to zero profit margin on their bidding debacle. They appointed an absolute ID10T for PM, and the DPM was worse! There have been many changes in leadership, and it has become better, but Engility on the other hand, still acts like a company which is 2 weeks old.
-There were no pay raises in the first 4 years.
-The annual raises we have received in the last 2 years were small, and regarded as "tokens" to let the workers know that corporate knew we existed.
-We couldn't get anyone on the phone at corporate within the first 4 years. There were pay issues, insurance issues and benefits issues that went unresolved for years.
-Essentially, every worker I speak to here despises Engility.
-Now, with a contract re-bid going on, the company is acting like they care. They are trying desperately to make up for 5 years of being a lackluster company. (We all smile and fly Engility colors, but are all praying they don't win the re-bid.)

Bottom line: AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COST!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Read my writeup
A good place to start
Linux Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZMarch 17, 2017
Working for Engility Corporation is good place to break into the IT profession. However, job security is non existent and management is much more interested in the bottom line then they are in retaining their people.
Great opportunity for travel
Law Enforcement Instructor/Facilatator (Former Employee) –  MexicoMarch 17, 2017
A great company to work for if you like to extensive travel. I was assigned to Mexico and had the opportunity to travel to many locations, usually for up to 6 weeks at a time. Management stayed in frequent contact and ensured that any issues were immediately resolved.
Excellent place to work.
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLMarch 14, 2017
Work with so many wonderfully people. Was able to learn many different areas in Government contract,
Was able to ask questions and get great answers.
Traveled a lot, learned a lot, met many people
SITE MANAGER/FIELD REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 9, 2017
The job entailed upgrading armor for various military transport vehicles. While taking into consideration the pay that I was receiving, I anticipated working with professionals and was thoroughly intimidated. In due time, I found that my peers set their goals specifically to meet minimum requirements. The management staff proved to be exactly the opposite. Each was a professional and each were promoted to their position via performance based evaluation. I was fortunate to have worked for this company and was also fortunate that they saw the same attributes in me. I was promoted and eventually, our leadership team was able to not only advance overall performance standards, but also set new goals and develop additional resources for the customer (USMC).
Company does not value emplyees
Business Systems Analyst (BSA) (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 4, 2017
Remote environment which 20% of the team members do 80% of the work. Hard work and dedication do not factor into the consideration with which the company values its employees.
Pros
Remote
Cons
Poor compensation
Great Work Environment and Management
PROJECT COORDINATOR/MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 28, 2017
There was a great work environment but there were no actual advancement opportunities. This became a huge issue. There were also no training and enrichment opportunities.
Pros
Great Manager
Cons
Zero advancement opportunities
Flexible Work Schedule
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 26, 2017
Flexible schedule to meet customer needs as well as balance personal activities. No micromanagement. Co-workers are professional and enjoyable to work with.
A terrible company with terrible culture and benefits
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAFebruary 25, 2017
Egility is a company that acquired too many companies too quickly. It is a terrible company that does not value their employees. I would not recommend them to an enemy, let alone a friend.
Great Place to work!
Electronics Assembler III (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, MDFebruary 20, 2017
A great company and great people. I had the opportunity to work on many interesting and challenging programs. A small company feel with Corporate perks.
Constant change. Leadership trying to stabilize
Workforce Relations Director (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAFebruary 19, 2017
Leadership trying to stabilize. People good, challenging contracts and customer support is key. The company is trying to find it's vision and values after recent acquisition.
Average company
Configuration Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAFebruary 15, 2017
Contract ended, and only those in the "clique" were quickly transitioned off to available positions. Now, no positions are left, therefore, forcing those remaining to find employment elsewhere.
Continually improving
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 6, 2017
They strive to improve things for their employees. Aspects of the job that are negative have nothing to do with the company and more about client site.
Professional company
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT/DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 4, 2017
Professional company with benefits that are acceptable to all employees. Very good working environment and hours of work.
Great Company
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 30, 2017
Engility values their engineers and compensates them very well. The best part of the job is the people that work here. Everyone is dedicated to their craft and will go out of their way to help in any way they can
Pros
Excellent Compensation
Cons
Short Breaks
Command Post System Advisor (CPSA) (Current Employee) –  Camp Pendleton, CAJanuary 26, 2017
I worked for Engility for 12 years and I enjoyed working for Engility for just over twelve years. I enjoyed my co-workers and there was a sense on family with in the CPSA team. I would recommend others to seek employment with Engility. Great place to work.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Engility Corp. Our community is ready to answer.

76%