Engility Corporation

Engility Corporation Employer Reviews

Good company, high quality, good management
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Sierra Vista, AZSeptember 17, 2014
Good opportunities, good benefits, good work environment.
Well- rounded company
Senior Strategic Communications Analyst (Current Employee), Arlington, VASeptember 3, 2014
Good place to hit the ground running! Team enviornment to grow professionally.
Defense contractor
Database Manager (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GASeptember 2, 2014
Nice company. As a defense contractor, have to work hard to keep contracts.
Productive place to work
Content Developer (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAAugust 26, 2014
 Work with subject matter experts and instructional designers to design and develop comprehensive training scenarios and example datasets.
 Coordinate with instructional designers to design, develop, and produce comprehensive courseware packages.
 Identify relevant teaching points, procedural steps, and real world examples with subject matter experts – more... and technical writers.
 Efficiently develop and produce instructor-led and distributed learning products.
 Develops courseware based on instructional intent.
 Participate in the planning and implementation of all phases of the ISD model, which includes Planning, Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation (PADDIE)
 Meets with subject matter experts to clarify training requirements, prepares course training materials and delivers final product
 Confer with graphic artists to order media in support of learning objectives. – less
Review
Constructive Simulations Site Manager (Former Employee), Ft. Leonard Wood, MOAugust 25, 2014
Good Company to work, but as a defense contractor it's a very long term unstable profession to be in with the environment today
Great People
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Mt. Laurel, New JerseyAugust 12, 2014
Over all a good place to work for. Good management. The best part of the job was the people I worked with. They always would help when needed.
Avoid Management Positions Here
Operations Specialist (Lead) - Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Sierra Vista, AZAugust 3, 2014
This job started out great, but due to poor management both in the local business unit and in the prime contractor, many great employees were force to look elsewhere. This was once a great company but unless you are taking a position in senior management and have the tenacity to fix this broken organization, make sure you keep your resume ready at a – more... moment's notice. The culture here is to not inform you ahead of time when a contract is ending and you need to watch trends to protect yourself. – less
Just ok
System Engineer - TIER IV Team (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 30, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Fun loving workplace, not too stressful.
Hardware Engineer (Current Employee), Fort Lee, VirginiaJuly 10, 2014
It is an enjoyable place to work, easy going relaxed atmosphere.
Increased and refined my skill set.
FSR Technician, Afghanistan (Former Employee), Panama City Beach, FLJuly 1, 2014
While working for Engility, I was able to learn about the Mine Roller project and enhance my working knowledge with the military. In Afghanistan, I worked directly with USMC to teach the use, production, and maintenance of Mine Roller Systems.
I've been with this company for 4 years and LOVE the people I work with.
Principal Communication Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Washington DCJune 2, 2014
Since Engility Started after the spin off from L-3 Communications we did lose some of the benefits, but I still think they are great benefits. I work with some really awesome people and they are very flexible and understanding. I am fortunate enough to have a position that lets me telework when needed and that is a huge relief at times. I couldn't ask – more... for a better company, co-workers, I love it here. – less
Great international development workplace
Senior Associate - Associate (Former Employee), Washington DCJune 2, 2014
Great place to work and has a solid reputation with USAID. Great staff with a lot of experience. Key focus areas include Environment and Natural Resources Management, Energy, Disaster and Governance, Knowledge Management.
Fun and challenging
Business Development/Tech Writer (Current Employee), Lexington park, MDMay 23, 2014
Great people to work with and supporting staff. Able to engage uppoer management in professional issues to better support customer needs.
A very productive and fulfilling job.
ROTC MILITARY SCIENCE INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee), Indiana University (IU) BloomingtonApril 28, 2014
Pros: fulfilling, a great way to share my extensive military experiences.
Cons: awful benefits and no retirement plan.
This is a government contract position that hires military retired personnel to provide our military experience, leadership and organizational insight to young upcoming college students who desire a career in the military. My organization at IU Army ROTC consist of a variety of professionals from within the Active, Reserve, National Guard, Civil Service, – more... Gov't Contractors and school employees. The combine efforts of our organization provide our students with a wealth of experiences up to the middle management level of the military. During the school semester, my primary responsibility is to instruct our freshman class and provide them with the introduction of the military way of life.

In addition, I am also a staff member of our organization's operation and training section. I am the lead coordinator for arranging training resources for our labs, field training exercises, and a variety of training events. I keep track of every cadet's academic and fitness training evaluation. I am also the organization's military schools coordinator. In this capacity, I also work along with the seniors who have been charged with developing a training plan to execute our labs. They are given guidance from the Professor of Military Science as to their task and purpose and it is up to my section to help support our seniors as they work to plan, coordinate, and execute the labs.

In the summer when school is out, select members of our organization is sent on assignment to work and run a Leadership Development and Accessions Course (LDAC) at Ft. Knox Kentucky to measure and evaluate the leadership skills and competencies of all junior class level cadets from all over the country. I have worked with the Tactics and Land Navigation committee for the past 7 years at LDAC. In the Tactics committee, I present cadets a tactical situation (much like what they may experience in a combat zone) and evaluate their tactical knowledge and problem solving skills. – less
Meaningful place to work
Training Manager / Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Irwin, CAApril 16, 2014
Atmosphere is great and the the work I do is meaningful. Job security could be better but that's the nature of the business.
Overseas environment
Training and Development Specialist (Current Employee), Chantilly, VAApril 10, 2014
My consisted in being close proximity of Afghan Forces, I learned a lot about their culture and way of life. I worked with a lot of knowledgeable personnel. The hardest part of the job was the break in the language barrier, I had to work with a translator.
Technical trainer
Technical trainer (Current Employee), Charleston, SCApril 8, 2014
Provide curriculm and training support to various tactical warfighting systems.
Poor Life Cycle Management Structure
Senior Capture Manager (Former Employee), ChantillyApril 8, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: poor management
This company is very personality driven vice process. They don't want to hear the hard answers to tough questions. Tend to chase every opportunity on the board whether it is qualified or not. Line management builds pipelines that are not real, qualified opportunities and then the blame the BD staff for not making their numbers
Not a Good Experience
SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER / IT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 2, 2014
I have worked for this company as a contractor for almost a year. I have not been paid ontime until recently and at the request of onsite client.

There was a lack of direct management however I have worked with some very talented individuals.
Professional Workplace
Logistical Systems Developer/Trainer (Current Employee), Camp, ARMarch 27, 2014
Pros: professional co-workers
Cons: austere job conditions
My Division was composed of Former/Retired Military Members who were very Professional. The most difficult part of the Job was the austere living and working conditions.

1 2 3 4

About Engility Corporation

When Uncle Sam says, "I want you for the US Army," Engility Holdings strives to answer the call, and then some. A government services – Read more

Engility Corporation Photos