Engineering Associates Employee Reviews

Poorly Managed
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 20, 2017
There are a number of things to love about Engineering Associates. Management is not one of them. They hire summer intern help and lay-off seasoned professionals who make more money and then complain about the work not getting done. They allow unprofessional activity and horseplay in the office amongst managers which tends to lighten the mood and then complain when there is an unprofessional attitude in the office among the staff.

My biggest issue was with my personal experience with them. I was laid-off with no warning while they were still hiring interns. I was NOT the first nor was I the last. This is a constant theme with this company. Putting the company first, doing your job and telecom experience is not sufficient to be successful here. You need a manager to advocate for you continually or you WILL be terminated so they can save a few dollars.
Pros
Flexible Schedule. Good facilities and Equipment.
Cons
Poorly managed at the very top. Inadequately managed by the team managers. Rotating door culture.
Micro managed by clueless people
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Upland, CAOctober 31, 2016
Great work experience for no pay. The worst management I have every experienced. Promised pay then taken away. Promised perdiem then taken away. The worst office environment ever. Micro-managed by people with no idea how to price, schedule, survey, draft or do accounting. The boss was on my A** every minute I was in the office. We completed a back-haul project that was scheduled for 16 months in less than 4. Sr Management demanded the whole staff be laid off two weeks before Christmas.
Pros
On occasion the boss would leave.
Cons
The boss would come back.
I was lucky to have an assignment at a Rural CoOperative. The people I worked with was outstanding.
Resident Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wartburg,TN.August 18, 2016
The Company I was assigned to was mainly copper based. I designed,engineered , built and placed in service all the customers in the Rural Cooperative.
Pros
enjoyed 7 years
Cons
never got a raise from EA even though the Rual Cooperative asked EA 4 times to give me a raise.
Productive workplace
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 28, 2016
I enjoyed working at Engineering Associates because it was very easy going and a self motivating position. I really enjoyed the job, but the position was temporary.
relaxing atmosphere for working
Designer/Drafter (Current Employee) –  Cintennial COFebruary 8, 2016
I have had a great deal of learning different tasks or jobs that were required for the business to possibly grow, This allowed me to try new ideas and get feedback from the project manager to see if I might be on the right track. The hardest part of the job would be that the deadlines would change and sometimes not or the better from the customer. I work with a variety of ethnic backgrounds. This allows for different ideas to be shared in the office in hopes of the best possible solution to the issues at hand. I find that the diversity of the employees in the office make for a positive learning experience.
Pros
relaxing atmosphere for work
Cons
high stress for deadlines
a challenging work place
engineering associates (Former Employee) –  discovery suitesOctober 10, 2014
i really love working in a hotel, my stay at Discovey is very challenging and satisfying days of my life, and i will never gonna forgot the friends and the experience i have in Discovery Suites.
diverse and interesting workplace with many clients
Computer Aided Drafter II (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAJuly 10, 2014
learned many aspects when it comes to telecommunication field
coworkers are always relaxed and dedicated to customer satisfaction
Pros
flexibility
Cons
benefits are not worth it
Administrative
Admin/ACAS Billing (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAApril 15, 2014
Answering phones, pulling reports from Quick base and combing information to bill customer. I learned a new data base Quickbase.
Management was great good interaction with employee's.
Co-workers were great everyone worked together as a team and got along a personal level.
The hardest part was getting laid off. I enjoyed working there.
The most enjoyable was I set up the billing process.
Learning experience fun and interesting
Drafter (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 13, 2013
I worked for Engineering Associates INC. in Sherwood, OR. I assisted in drafting the location of aerial or in ground conduit and cable for new subdivision as well as prepare the permits and submit the construction drawings. I am highly motivated by an insatiable curiosity and a competitive environment.
I loved this job and had planned on staying there until I retired.
Administrative Assistant/Administrative Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Cody, WYApril 9, 2013
Engineering Associates was the very best place to work. They invested in their employees and treated them very well with continuing education and benefits.

I truly loved this job.
Pros
the best place to work.
Cons
circumstances caused me to relocate to arizona
Good entry level company/position and decent work environment.
Senior Design Drafter (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAJanuary 29, 2013
Great consulting and learning opportunting. Assigned to Edison Corp. Electrical Drafting Department. Wonderful experience, training and opportunity.
Pros
great environment to learn electrical drafting (manual and cadd).
Cons
wasn't hired by edison directly.
Small office, poor management, only hire on temp basis, not very fun
Traffic Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAAugust 9, 2012
A typical day at work: Come in sit down and work (if there is some), keep your head down and work hard, everything is a fire and manager doesnt know CAD or have a realistic idea of timeframe to get work done.
What I learnerd: Not to expect management to work for you or be on your side
Co-workers: were very friendly and hard working. We made a great team and could trust each other
Hardest part of the job: Trying to keep up with what all the different managers wanted
Most enjoyable part of the job: The Hat was right across the street
Pros
not many
Cons
only hire people on temp basis, managers dont communicate, no benefits, no indication of solid employment
enjoy the freedom of my job.
Aerial/Underground Construction Inspector (Current Employee) –  Oneida, TnJune 27, 2012
I like everyone I work with, everyone is helpful, the hardest part of my job is hunting down the crew's I have watch cause the construction company can't tell us exactly were they are, My typical day concest of hunting down my crews, collecting sequentails from pole to pole, riding out their runs and addressing any problems that exist,
Pros
i enjoy my job, like woking outside, i enjoy the pleasure of seeing a job through to the end with no problems.
Cons
rain, snakes.
Average place to work
Drafter (Former Employee) –  Commerence, CAMarch 22, 2011
This is a good stepping stone for someone who wants to increase there knowledge of cad systems
Pros
cad drafting
Cons
not for carrier