Engineering Employee Reviews in United States

It is a very quiet office - too quiet, I enjoy more interaction with people
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLFebruary 1, 2016
I have enjoyed learning more about the Engineering field and the Geotechnical testing as well as Construction Materials Testing. This field is just not the right fit for me.
To be the best in programming language
C++ programmer,translator japanese to english (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeNovember 25, 2015
I would like to get job to work at home because I don't wanna be lazy when the weekend or at night.And so,I'd like to progress my C++ skill.So,I'd like to do more projects ,and Japanese language either.
Pros
Work at home
Cons
about 8 pm to 10 pm
Reset and upgrading TOC vehicles and equipment
Base Expediditionary Targeting and Surveillence (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXSeptember 14, 2015
To receive equipment. Depopulate TOC vehicles and remove equipment (networking, communication, servers, power and cabling). Erase all old configurations on all cisco equipment and reload and test for proper operability of network and communication equipment. Fabricate new mounts, panels and various brackets for new equipment install. reinstall all equipment and perform tests to insure correct operation of all equipment. Deploy with equipment to gaining unit for training and equipment handover.
Pros
Always learning new setups
Cons
Bad equipment for repairs
Flexibility
Clerk IV (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IANovember 23, 2015
Professional environment in an expanding medical complex that was enlightening and fast paced. The best part was working directly with the hospital staff to customize orders to resolve specific problems.
Pros
Holiday potlucks
Busy environment supporting ammunition testing
Senior System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fallbrook, CASeptember 15, 2015
Supporting NMCI support and Research, Development, Testing & Evaluation (RDT&E). Co-workers are relaxed and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is explaining to non-technical personnel IT's worth.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
IT is not first
The job with the opportunity on long-term career with stability
Engineering Consultant (Current Employee) –  any locationApril 21, 2014
Surveying and civil engineering job including field work, consulting cooperation with construction management. I have multidisciplinary experience and skills including Infrastructure engineering design and consulting, construction management experience, state of the art land surveying and mapping/ GIS experience. The hardest part of the job - to convince the client what option is the best. The most enjoyable part - recognition of my work by my management.
I was given the opportunity to try something totally out of my comfort zone.
Manager of Business Development (Former Employee) –  New Mexico and TexasFebruary 22, 2014
I learned to read blue prints. I visited construction sites to wak through and see how the installation of heating and cooling systems were going. One some jobs, before a building was turned over to the owner, I conducted an inspection to document that the lighting installed matched the designers requirements. I climbed ladders, crawled into air handling systems, took temparature and power measurements. I learned about safety on construction sites.
Pros
steel toed work boots.
Cons
sun and heat reflecting off white roofs.
A Productive Workplace efficient for Controllers
Aircraft Defect Analysis Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mania, PhilippinesNovember 6, 2014
A Typical day at work would be a day of AOGs. Due to the big fleet that we have, it is like part of the routine to experience day to day AOGs. But I have managed to keep up with the pressures of work.

This job taught me to be patient, to be more proactive, to be more disciplined and responsible and most of all to work under pressure.

No management is perfect. But I can say that our management is not that bad at all. It strives to properly compensaste its employees, to properly distribute workloads to concerned departments, and to provide its employees the benefits that they deserve.

The hardest part of the job is decision making. As a controller, you will be subject to make quick decisions.

The most enjoyable part of the job is always being able to prevent delays and AOGs through collective team effort.
Pros
travel benefits
Cons
no holidays
Rewords good work with spot bonus.
Ground Water Field Technician (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CASeptember 10, 2013
Working for ERRG I was doing environmental remediation groundwater sampling, equipment operator, and laborer. I learned how to work with hazardous materials and got certified. I had good relationship with co-workers and management. The hardest part of the job was lots of changes in personal.
Pros
great company, good benefits.
Cons
no job security.
A day with engineers
Civil Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 14, 2012
+Very supportive crew
+Always something to do
+Great learning experience, specifically with stormwater and street design.
+Great boss.
+The process of learning the design and management of stormwater
management was a better lesson than what you may get at school.
Pros
great coworkers and working environment, great learning experience
A productive and professional place to work.
UXO Technician II (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAAugust 11, 2014
Working for this company was a very good experience. The management and staff are the best in the industry, and they look after their employees.
Pros
professional experience gains, and meeting great contacts.
Cons
projects did not last long.
Productive, family feel
Sr. Program Analyst/Network Support (Current Employee) –  Fallbrook, CAMarch 18, 2014
Each employee has a positive attitude with customer in mind:
"There are no such things as problems, just unsolved opportunities"
Pros
people, opportunities
Cons
contract work
Great group of employees
Construction Services Manager/ Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chatham, ILSeptember 11, 2012
Set my own schedule, constantly learning, managed all field techs, on call 24/7, excellent compensation
Pros
company provided everything
Cons
lack of security
Owned my own business
ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN/INTERMEDIATE (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXApril 26, 2012
residential handy man such as Cutting, trimming,edging resident property
Pros
summer are great for business.
Cons
winters are bad for business.
ok place to work
Bucket Operator, Ground Clearing (Former Employee) –  East Orange,NJJanuary 25, 2013
trim tree from power lines and remove tree that had fallen on the line, chipping up the brush and log cleaning up the roads ways for drivers
fun place to work
coordinator (Former Employee) –  charlotteJune 19, 2013
I love the company 's culture, and the continuous promotion
Pros
bonuses