England Logistics (EL) the 10th largest freight brokerage firm in the nation is looking for several key individuals to fill the position of Capacity Manager. As a wholly owned subsidiary of C.R. England, England Logistics has the support of the number one temperature controlled freight company in the country. Headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah with operations throughout the US and China. EL is one of North America's fastest growing third party logistics (3PL) companies. EL has an outstanding corporate culture that continues to lead and define the logistics industry. We recognize that success is based on innovation. Over our 90-year history, we've developed strong relationships with customers and carriers across the globe. Our strength is our people, who continue to provide our customers with service and integrity.
In this position, you will participate in the efforts to support and grow the brokerage business unit within EL and increase the market presence of England Logistics as a premier logistics provider. The main focus of this position is to provide support and customer service to our existing client base. Capacity managers work with our sales team and support their sales efforts by finding carriers/trucking companies to haul loads of freight we have contracted to move for our customers.
As a sales support specialist you will accomplish moving freight through outbound and inbound calling. You will negotiate rates of freight with our large base of existing carriers/trucking companies and work to develop those relationships while establishing new ones as well. We are looking for an individual who works well with a variety personality types and has the ability and drive to assessing needs, prioritize and ensure individual, team and company goals are met in an effort to build the division globally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing customers service and support
- Negotiating freight rates with current or new customers
- Prioritizing daily initiatives Making outbound phone calls and taking inbound phone calls
- Responding to customers through email Supporting the Account Managers weekly goals
- Prepare and coordinate required reporting documentation
- Ensure goals are met by weekly quota
- Coordinates with administration to ensure account information is accurate
- Has a strong background in sales support and customer service
- Outbound and inbound calling experience
- Ability to negotiate and up sell current and new customers
- Organized and effective under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be successful in a fast paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task in a windows based environment
- Enjoys working in a team oriented environment
- Able to manage customer relationships
- Goal oriented
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Sales experience required.