SUMMARY / POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The IT Senior Manager manages complex Transportation Management technology based projects to support the strategic business plans of England Logistics, Supply Chain Management. The IT, Senior Manager ensures the successful delivery of projects through project management processes and close collaboration with managers and internal and external project teams while providing guidance and coaching on financials, schedule and process as it pertains to the project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages one or more IT projects from beginning to end. The projects may include development, deployment, infrastructure with complexity around technology, cross-functional dependencies and multiple stakeholders across various business units.
- Defines project scope, goals and deliverables in support of business goals and works with senior management for approvals
- Ensures that projects are completed on time and meet all business and system requirements. Conducts all project management tasks to ensure schedule, cost, and quality goals
- Ensures projects are well documented and managed properly throughout the delivery cycle of the project
- Develops plans, schedule and work breakdown structure for projects
- Communicates status, progress on deliverables, and risks/issues to management in a timely manner
- Discuss and prioritize project issues with the project team, and provide help/support to the project team as required.
- Collaborates with software engineers, web developers and technical leads to ensure timely delivery of project
- Interacts with supplier community and procures necessary infrastructure and tools in a timely manner
- Identifies and resolves issues/conflicts within the project team
- Maintains tracking and provides status reports to senior management.
- Ensures compliance with project deliverables and project financial accounting
- Candidate should have at least 8 years working experience in the Information Technology industry; including experience working in the Logistics / Transportaion field
- The successful candidate will have at least 5 years of Project Management experience, including personnel management, risk assessment, mitigation strategies, and delivery management.
- Project experience must include new development; hardware evaluation, installation and configuration.
- Experience in Project Management methodologies that focus on standardized processes
- At least 5 years experience with successful, on-time deliveries and initiatives.
- Experience maintaining profitability of projects.
- Successful resource management and mentoring experience with teams of technical professionals.
- Strong leadership, operational, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Experience in the sales process and facilitation of client meetings.
- Must be comfortable speaking to and in front of executive-level management.
- Strong, demonstrated skills and proficiency in Microsoft Project
- Must have excellent negotiation skills
- Must have the ability to build positive internal and external relationships
- PMP certification preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's Degree preferred
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 8 years of IT experience
- Minimum 5 years project management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field; Master’s preferred
- PMP certification preferred
- Logistics / Transportaion background preferred
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Indeed - 17 months ago