ENGLAND LOGISTICS

ENGLAND LOGISTICS Employer Reviews

Sweat Shop
Logistics broker/consultant (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 18, 2014
Pros: good people on the floor
Cons: horrible commission, long hours and unrealistic goals.
This job has a very high turn over rate nearly 87%. Yes 87% of the people hired quit within 6 months. If you make it a year you are doing a great job. They start you at 40k then 42500 if you make the next promotion the 45k if you make senior account manger. Commission is horrible plan on making 2-5% on your profit margin. A few make above 70k about – more... 6-8 make 55-70k the rest make under 55k. I would never recommend this job to a friend unless they needed some money until they found a better job. You will work 6-7 days a week and all hours depending if you have problems on a shipment. On average you will make about $6 commission on each sale/shipment you do. If you are okay with making 45-50k and working a ton then this is a job for you. Otherwise you might want to pass on this one unless you are desperate. – less
Opportunity to make $, but Minimum's and fee's galore!
Authorized Agent (Former Employee), Salem ORJune 20, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no benefits, not a good commission program.
I was an authorized Agent for England Logistics, and the people I worked with directly were fantastic. However, there were hidden minimums and fees galore, and I couldn't make enough money to justify staying...
Needs a total make over
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 8, 2014
Those on the floor work hard. Great place to gain experience. Turn over rate is huge and the sales ramp is unattainable. Cut throat environment, and no room for advancement
Fast Paced Environment
Account Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 4, 2014
England Logistics is a very energetic workplace. I spend 70% of my day on the phone negotiating with shippers and truckers. I really enjoy the engergy that exist in my team. England Logistics has invested a lot of money into a comfortable work environment and top of the line software.

My only negative is that they have established an ever increasing – more... ramp quota. The ramp starts small but ramps up as I gain experience. Sounds good on the surface but the ramp never stops growing. Over time it has grown so much it becomes an unrealistic quota. – less
Productive and Learning Environment
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Alma MichiganOctober 4, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: being told how to do one thing in multiple ways by multiple people
Assisting customers on a daily basis has helped interpersonal communication with clients and co-workers. Deadlines are sometimes very stressful but compensation is made to complete in a timely manner. Enjoying working with clients and assisting them with their shipping needs.
Fast Paced, Success Driven, High Turnover
Collections Account Manager (Current Employee), West Valley City, UTSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: bonus structure
Cons: healthcare
I enjoy my position at England Logistics, I have many great friendships that are co-workers, I have also referred many good friends.

A typical day at work is constant calling customers looking for payment, processing payments as well as trouble shooting problem invoices, disputes and overcharges.

My job is not hard it can be challenging but never – more... hard. – less
High expectations
Account Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 9, 2013
Pros: base salary and training
Cons: high expectations causing high turnover
It's a typical sales job, but the attainment of new accounts is very challenging. The goals are attainable, but only the best succeed.
England Logistics
Senior Account Manager/Team Lead (Current Employee), Salt Lake cityMay 9, 2013
Pros: great peopel love the industry
Cons: tough to get away to spend time with family/ capped income potential
Account managment, Searching out new accounts.
Contract negotiating
Director of Business Operations/Development (Current Employee), Ferguson, MOApril 2, 2013
Very hands on brokerage environment. Makes you think on your feet and multi task at all times. Must be aggressive to survive in which I like.
A half-pregnant company not knowing where to go...
Account Manager (Current Employee), Livonia, MIMarch 22, 2013
Pros: small business with family feel
Cons: no opportunity for advancement
Systems are inadequate and pieced together...there is no integration.
Most dishonest, unethical company ever! Should be reported!
Account Manager (Former Employee), Salt Lake CityFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: decent pay
Cons: dishonest, unethical, england's should be in jail!
I lasted, and that's exactly what it was lasted for eight months with the company. Go ahead and ask how many people do they have there over a year? Probably 2 out of forty and they are in management. The England's would sell their own mother to make a buck. This is a horrible horrible place to work with the most ludacris business model anyone has seen. – more... All of the account managers will tell the training class to "run away" if they could but management is so "fear" driven no one dares. You cannot transfer departments and once they let you go you will have to fight like hell to get your vacation time accrued (mine took two and a half months) and your unemployment benefits. In the words of all the Account Managers "RUN AWAY!!!" – less
Poor place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 9, 2012
high turnover, high dishonesty
every few weeks new training class begins to compensate for the high turnover
Great pay. High Stress and Turnover!
Sales / Account Manager (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTNovember 12, 2012
Pros: great starting pay
Cons: high turnover, no advancement, high stress!
Great starting pay. But the pressure is on when you first start. Ever climbing ramp. There are politics that you have to navigate through. Whole hiring teams only last 6 months or less. This is a 24/7 position. Your dealing with independent truckers and basing your whole sale product on someone else's drive. I'm glad I left.
AWESOME company!
Account Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahOctober 15, 2012
Pros: management, goals, and longterm career options!
Cons: healthcare-
This company treats their employees very well. They focus on training and helping the employee be successful. In a sales role- you have to be driven. If you don't like to be on the phone- this isn't the right role for you. If you are humble, and want to be taught how to make good money and be successful in an inside sales role, you should apply!

This – more... company is fun, and I am really gald to work with such a fun team. – less
Stable working environment
Account Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 27, 2012
Pros: good base salary, like my co workers and opportunities to advance
Cons: better medical benefits
The transportation is a good industry to get into, espically logistics. The account manager position they hire for is for people who like sales. If you are NOT a sales person at heart, this is probably not your cup of tea. However, if you like sales and you are a driven indvidual, there are endless possibilities. I have been with the company for over – more... a year and I have been promoted twice. I made mid 50's my first year. This seocnd full year I am on pace to hit $75k. I know some are making more than this. The company is stable and is growing. I like my chances here. – less
England Logistics- Amazing workforce
Administrative (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 19, 2012
Pros: great schedule, decent pay
Cons: cons, no way!
I love my job and the people who work around me. Upper management are humble, always willing to lend an ear, toggle an idea and create the advancement that we the employees long for.

When it comes to having fun we are the place, always going that extra mile to keep the crew dialed in with games and lunches, themes to live by, exciting events that take – more... the mundane out of work.

We obtain this standard in our weekly company meetings. nothing is hidden, we all know what each department needs to work on and what we can congradulate or give encouragement upon. It is not hush hush with a bunch of department heads crunching #'s like so many other corporations.

I couldn't ask for such a better place to work. – less
Worst company ever
Account Manager (Current Employee), Slc UtahJune 3, 2012
Pros: ok money
Cons: heavy workload- high expectations- minimum freedom
Not a family oriented company- I saw over 20 people come and go in less than 8 months because they couldn't keep up with the goal structure. I would rather do door to door sales.

About ENGLAND LOGISTICS

England Logistics offers a full suite of transportation and logistics services including: full truckload brokerage, dry and temperature – Read more