ENGLAND LOGISTICS Employee Reviews

Avoid
Audit/Imaging Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 10, 2017
Supervisor played favorites and older employees were snapped at for asking questions. Benefits package is a lie and no HR dept to ask any questions of if you need them.
Productiove and Fun.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 1, 2017
My typical work day consists of relationship building with clients and potential clients.
Corresponding with pertinent departments within our company and outside to ensure top satisfaction.
The culture really reflects the good people on the team.
I have learned to manage Accounts, margin, revenue, and client budgets.
I most enjoyable part of the job is the relationship building. To witness a partnership grow from a single phone call into something productive for all parties is great.
The hardest part of the job for me is also the most defining and that is losing a bid or a potential customer. I say defining because it allows you to review mistakes or areas of improvement and be that much better on the next one.
Fun and challenging work environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 11, 2017
Good company and challenging sales. Management is good, soda pop is always available for free. Also friendly people and a great culture to work with. You are out of work at 4pm which is great.
Too much work for one person
Capacity Manager (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJuly 5, 2017
England Logistics is a company where advancement is small, and you hit the ceiling quickly. They think no means yes, and yes means no. Your opinion does not matter, nor does work/life balance either.

Poor management, poor incentives, unprofessional and stressful for compensation purposes.

Do not recommend to anyone.
Pros
salary plus commission
Cons
Every other thing dealing with the company. No respect for employees
Competitive Environment/ Stable Company
Agent Services (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 23, 2017
You learn really quick that that from 7am to 4pm, you are running hard and you will leave exhausted..........but, consistently working hard will pay off. It's not an easy job, but there is a positive and up-beat atmosphere that help you enjoy your workday. New AM's make alot of calls, but that results in a book of business. I was actually placed in one role that didn't quite fit and when England found out I was looking elsewhere, My manager went to bat for me and recommended me to a position that I was able to excel at. This was a great move for me and my family.
Pros
Lots of perks, positive atmosphere, competitive salary/commission split
Cons
Insurance is a good, but a little expensive.
Not keeping up with the times
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 20, 2017
Frustrating place to work for. They are stuck in the past using old school greedy trucking mentality of tripping over pennies to pick up dimes. The company isn't competitive or customer oriented. Departments don't work well together even when they are interrelated. Lots of constant turnover as they make it increasingly difficult to have success finding new customers to help.
Pros
Employee events
Cons
They admit their expectations are unreasonable for most employees
International Business Developement Manager
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 15, 2017
England no longer has a dedicated international team. Straight domestic. Two teams: red (dedicated / asset based) and blue (brokerage). Both teams have an incredible base for success.
hard work, very competative
Freight Broker (Former Employee) –  UtahJune 5, 2017
it was nice large brokerage learned alot about how to run a large brokerage a typical day for me was to call new prospects daily to try to get more business then match all my loads to trucks and call my traffic managers to keep them uptated on their avtive freight and call my drivers to see how everything was going and to see if they were on time and ask if they needed anything i had to dispatch them daily
Pros
excellent software and free for agents
Cons
i could not work with a shipper if an agent was working with then already
Great Culture
Account Manager Full Truck Load (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 25, 2017
Great Place to Work. The culture is great and everyone wants yo to succeed. Cold calling can be overwhelming at first but if you stick with it is very rewarding.
Pretty Awful, But You Could Be a Coal Miner
Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 10, 2017
So this isn't the worst possible employer in the U.S., but they're pretty bad. You don't get paid what you should for the work that you do. The company rakes in profits and employees don't see their fair share of that. Management has expectations that are unrealistic and the goalpost is constantly moving so that you can never be 100% successful. There is no work/life balance. Turnover is ridiculously high. The company asks management to leave positive reviews on here, instead of changing their toxic environment. Very peculiar place.
Good work place
Sewing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNApril 10, 2017
It was a satilite plant , so when they downsized the corporate office closed our plant , it was a good place to work , we made good quality furniture ,
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Had to close
knowingly sell shipping insurance that is not real
sales (Current Employee) –  UtahApril 4, 2017
I have heard countless times that PAF insurance we sell is not legal. I have heard this from the top down. After reviewing online it is confirmed and I was told by upper management not to worry.

I have to worry because my customers are paying for protection when there isn't any. I feel bad when this comes to a head because I warned them. PAF is a scam and we are profiting from it.
Pros
parking
Cons
poor management, fake shipping insurance, no customer protection
All talk no action
Capacity Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 26, 2017
The company states they care about their people constantly but their actions state otherwise. There is a problem with turnover and although they are trying to improve that they are falling short. In many areas there has been the same management for a number of years which could account for the constant issues, time to put some new people in and do some house cleaning. If you're not management you are shoved in a corner with no career mapping or direction for your future. Communication between management and employees is terrible, take note higher ups your management is not doing their jobs! If you're too good at your job they won't let advance, that is always a good way to keep people around. Also don't listen to the people first agenda, you are expected to put your family last or face diciplinary actions. The company has great potential but needs to weed out some, not all of their middle management and have a fresh start.
Pros
CEO cares, just needs to get on the floor to observe issues. Good schedule and good potential for pay.
Cons
Middle to lower management, bonus structures, annual reviews and communication
Supportive
Capacity Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 17, 2017
They believe in up-skilling their employees, they listen. There are multiple opportunities to move up or around within the company. And staff recognition, competitions and rewards are frequent.
Rough Place to Make a Career
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 9, 2017
England Logistics as a company is not the most pleasant of places to work. Building a book of business is a grind, and I respect that. The problem comes from the lack of support from the company. Very few tools provided to help with the prospecting. Any errors or problems committed by the carriers are usually absorbed by the account managers. Very poor morale among coworkers.
Pros
Free sodas from a dirty fountain
Cons
Pretty much everything
Fun People
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 17, 2017
The people here are amazing. I have made a lot of good friends. The management on the departmental level need some help understanding how to best serve their employees.
ptoductive
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  New Tazewell, TNJanuary 29, 2017
It was laid back to a point. But it was also rough work... It takes a lot out of you. The pay was good but the hours get to you after a little bit. It was hard on your fingers
Pros
good people to work with.
Cons
rough work
Family
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 29, 2016
Everyone was like family we worked as a team to build our clients and helped each other when needed upper management would listen and take in suggestions
Pros
Monttgly meetings with nice lunchs
Cons
Sustems would go down
Doesn't care about health issues and prove it by firing you!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 9, 2016
Terrible training, forced to abide by "EL culture" the only way to get ahead is brown nosing and or being related. I learned that even though they stressed that everyone was on the same team, but the only people co-workers cared about was themselves.
Pros
Swag
Cons
Everything else
If you just want a job, this is not that!
Operations (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 18, 2016
If you want a day's work for a day's pay, this is not the place for you. Not content with allowing their employees to perform the job they were hired to do, England wants your spirit, soul, and body. The goal is to disassemble you as a person and remake you into Their image--with the supposed goal of "helping to make you a better person." This of course is allegedly to increase job performance. I found this highly invasive and personally offensive, but that's just me.

The work itself was challenging, rewarding, and I enjoyed it. My teammates were the very best part of going to work each day.

England is neither for the faint of heart nor the emotionally vulnerable. Both would be eaten alive. Find somewhere else to work.
Pros
Co-workers; free soda, other perks
Cons
Too many meetings; can't work in peace w/o being picked apart

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ENGLAND LOGISTICS. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9