Englewood Hospital and Medical Center

Englewood Hospital and Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

CT Technologist Perspective
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJMay 18, 2016
Stay away from this C.T. department. Terrible pay, no organized protocols, chief radiologist and lead tech are abusive and use bullying tactics, and most of the staff seems to have been there forever, they are mean to "outsiders" and are very lazy/push cases off on each other even though it is a very busy department.Management also makes you regurgitate a pre-written "script" to the patients which sounds so fake, rehearsed and not authentic, and some patients actually called me out on it. Management will at times sneak in and actually listen and make sure you say it word for word, if you don't, you get written up.

There is a reason this department is always looking for C.T. techs.

The hospital itself is nice and other departments (such as main radiology) are great, but C.T. is a disaster.
Great Place to Work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJApril 27, 2016
The family-like environment at EHMC makes it easy for everybody to get along and easy for one to enjoy fulfilling the duties and responsibilities of their job.
fun place to work
Radiologist Workflow Coordinator Center (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJApril 4, 2016
My coworkers turned into family, patients turned into friends .really enjoyed going to work everyday except when the George Washington Bridge was delayed . fun place
Overall great place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJMarch 27, 2015
Supportive management who encourages advanced education. Positive work environment with staff members who work together as a team. Staff nurse union provided job security and ensured yearly raises.
Cons
8 hour shifts (easy burn out when working full time)
At time is a nice environment to lear but not to climb position or salary
Unit Secretary Float/Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJJanuary 24, 2014
I have worked for over 25 years. In the last 10 years, administration does not reward you for your hard work instead they take full credit when you implement new ideas and projects. I have learned my job description and duties as well as other area of nursing support; softwares, applications. and procedures that i use as tools to give the all nursing staff the support to make their job easier
benefits
Cons
no job advancement
Productive and diverse workplace
Radiography Student (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJAugust 21, 2015
A typical work day consists of tending to many patients with very different needs. I've learned patience and empathy through my work. My co-workers and management are very supportive and willing to assist each other when things get hectic. The hardest part of the job is assisting patients who are quite larger than myself, and lack mobility. That's just a slight hurdle though. The best part of the job is making my patients laugh and smile. I do my best to make their time with me the most enjoyable it can be. I want them to feel "at home".
Pros
Making a positive impact on my patient's day/life
Cons
As a student, all work…no pay
Volunteering
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJJanuary 16, 2016
Greatest experience I have ever had, this is what opened my eyes to wanting to become a Biology Major and trying to become a physician in the future.
O.R Associate (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJAugust 27, 2014
Englewood Hospital has been a foundation of my life for the past few years. I started out working in the laundry dept, and now I am an employee of the Operating Room. My job is to prepare rooms for specific surgeries. As a person ive learned so much here and made plenty of business associates.
Pros
great benefits
Productive work environment
Monitor Technician/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJNovember 7, 2015
great place to work. Everyone is very friendly and this contributes to a great work environment. The hospital works around other commitments and is very understanding.
great place to work
X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJSeptember 9, 2013
great staff and benefits. excellent place to work. management was wonderful.
Decent place to work
Sr. BI Architect (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJOctober 5, 2015
Decent place to work. Opportunities are there if you are willing to take them. If you are willing to learn there is potential of growth.
Productive workplace where you get to meet new people
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJMay 12, 2015
• Implement daily plans prepared by nursing supervisors
• Assist patient with personal hygiene
• Check medical equipment to ensure proper functionality
• Measure weight and monitor vital signs of patients
• Ensure patients meals complies with designated diet
• Exposed daily to performance management and employee relations matters
• Help patients ambulate to specified destinations
Pros
Off on holidays
Cons
Short breaks, sometimes no lunch
Well maintained, clean cut hospital with friendly staff.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJApril 26, 2015
Volunteer work. Included assisting in discharging patients and/or delivering products/specimens/mail to certain departments of the hospital. Improved customer service. Management was always at the ready to provide assistance. Co-workers were a pleasure to work with. Upbeat attitude with a real desire to help others in need. Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with all sorts of people with all different types of walks of life.
Pros
Patients, staff, management
Cons
No breaks
Great place to start your career
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Englewood, FLSeptember 24, 2015
Very helpful and understanding workers; they would do a lot to get to your goals. The most enjoyable part of the job is the learning experience I had obtain working in the ER department.
very organized and friendly enviroment , excellent team work
Per Diem MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJAugust 5, 2015
Englewood Hospital number one priority is customer satisfaction . All the employees are highly trained professional and customer oriented.
Everyone goes out of their way to help patients and co workers.
Productive, quality healthcare providers, MD's friendly and supportive of units staff
Unit Secretary/Telemetry Monitor Tech. (Former Employee) –  6 DeanFebruary 9, 2012
Overall, I must say that I enjoyed working at Englewood Hospital because it was a small hospital and I got a sense of warmthness (at home) environment. There is definetely room for growth if you have any desire to further your career in the medical field, as a teaching hospital, you learn so much as you go on and work there. The teaching staff and MD's are very informative and supportive as far as acknowledging research in connection with continuing education to better the community of patients.
Pros
free continuing education courses, the doctors are great, doctors show appreciation to the unit staff.
Cons
you have to work every other weekend, and majority all holidays, pay is lower than other hospitals
Very high turnover
Ultrasound (Current Employee) –  NJJuly 30, 2013
Treat their techs like garbage. Totally mismanaged department. Low hourly rate. Work 12 hour shifts without a break provided. Avoid this hospital if at all possible.
Pros
honestly can't think of any at the moment
Cons
low wages, long hours, no breaks, management thru fear and intimidation.
Amazing Workplace
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Englewood, NJAugust 3, 2015
Great Hospital to work at. Very friendly staff, and allows employees to move up within. I would definitely recommend this hospital for any patient or person seeking employment.
although very productive in patient care not a very friendly employee place to work
Recovery Room Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJSeptember 2, 2013
was very very busy at time did not have the assistants to help with the overflow of patient care management was not adherent to employee concerns at times to the needs of employees to cohesively to get everyone one to work together so that everything ran smoothly. the most enjoyable part of the job was was working in my unit with some co-workers and the level of care with the patients was exceptional as a whole on my unit.
Pros
institution was good with level of care
Cons
doctors did not work well with other healthcare personnel
productive
patient access rep (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJApril 23, 2015
This job was a change of career from business to medical.
It confirmed that the career change I was about to take was a good decision
Pros
great learning faciity

Englewood Hospital and Medical Center Reviews by Location