englishunt Employee Reviews

This is a great company to work for!
Tutor/Teacher (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 19, 2016
I have worked for this company for 7 years. The managers are always fair and helpful. PowerPoint and lessons are provided by the company to help make your lessons the best that they can be. If you want the convenience of working from home, and the experience of working with great students and teachers from Korea and Japan, this company would be a great fit for you.
Pros
Convenience of working from your own home; helpful management
Cons
Time difference.
Perfect Place to work!
ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 2, 2013
I love working for this company! They are very nice, understanding, helpful, and flexible. The managers/supervisors are always willing to help! The Korean teachers and students are a joy to work with!
Pros
Everything from the assistance from the managerial staff, to the materials being provided to help you teach are excellent.
Cons
The hours are really early, but it's worth getting up early for!
ESL Online Virtual Classroom
teacher (Current Employee) –  onlineJuly 1, 2013
Good company to work for if you want to work part-time online. Very flexible staff, excellent opportunities to increase hours.
Pros
Helpful and supportive, anti-stress environment
Cons
No healthcare benefits, pay needs to be increased
Great online employment
Online English teacher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GeorgiaMarch 20, 2012
This is a super job to have! Great early am hours so you can work early and allows you the remaining of the day! Also, the students are a blast to work with and to deal with a group that eagerly wants to learn English is refreshing. Management is pleasant and prompt in responding to request! I love my job!
Pros
at home employment, working with students!
Cutting Edge Technology Connecting Rural Koreans with the World
Online Instructor Edward (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 19, 2012
My experience with virtual learning includes working with Englishunt has been fantastic. Through this effort virtual learning is able to connect with underserved rural English learners. When English speaking teachers journey to South Korea, most often, they do not want to go to a small rural city and so Englishunt offers a good medium to reach rural community schools. Englishunt has allowed those who do not travel to Korea, a virtual opportunity to be part of a rewarding cultural exchange.

The appeal of this program is that instructors can work from anywhere and with flexible hours, as long as one has access to a high-speed internet connection. Curriculum and training is provided for all teachers. The curriculum has been developed to meet the Korean national standards for English education. This project utilizes video conferencing technology to connect certified U.S. teachers with South Korean public school students living in rural, underserved areas.

With Englishunt middle school and high school classes are set up so there is always a Korean teacher present (sometimes visible and sometimes not). Sometimes the Korean teacher takes a very active role with assisting both interpretation and interaction. There is an administrator who is always invisible, but observes every class. These administrators are there to assist perchance there is a technical issue (such as audio or video problems; sometimes a class is late logging in for whatever reason) and to provide constant program feedback. The administrator can 'whisper' class suggestions or concerns as the class is taking place,
  more... and I think this is very useful.

The classes also come with a video which students watch with their Korean teacher and a PowerPoint presentation to assist the teacher online. This program is continually working on bettering itself and improving. From my experience, Englishunt is very kind and understanding with its teachers; there is a great deal of collaboration and teamwork. Furthermore, with technology continually growing and expanding, it maximizes the learning achievements of every student it serves.
Pros
see above
Great experience working with children in Korea, and easy going, responsive staff.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZMarch 19, 2012
I have been working with Englishunt for a few months, but have really enjoyed my time with the company. The staff is very responsive and accomodating to your needs. Working with the Korean children is great fun and the time with them just flies by. Having the flexibility to work from my home is the cherry on top!
Pros
easily accessible, flexible hours, and accomodating, responsive staff.
Cons
never really sure of schedule, can change unexpectedly
Great opportunity for enjoyable diverse teaching experience that is fun and motivating!
Online English Tutor (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMarch 16, 2012
I have been with Englishunt for only a few months, but I have enjoyed every minute of it. You work with students who are motivated to succeed and have a great sense of humor. The work load is fairly light, with the only expecation: show up and make the learning experience of the students as fun and enjoyable as possible! The supervisors are amazing and are willing to help at every turn and give great feedback for how you are doing. Even though the classes are taught online or over the phone, you really get to bond with the students and grow teacher-student relationships like you would if you were in a regular classroom. If you enjoy one-on-one, small group, or full classroom discussions, then Englishunt would be a great fit for you!
Wonderful opportunity to teach from home!
teacher (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 15, 2012
The company is very friendly and supportive of it's teachers. I like the aspect of working from home and reaching students halfway across the world.
Pros
work from home, flexible schedule
Great materials and students
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Maine, USAMarch 12, 2012
I’ve worked through Englishunt for more than a year and it is a great experience. The materials are easy to use, fun and effective. I love meeting my students. Whether it is a group class or one on one, the students are well prepared and motivated. Teaching in Korea from my own home on the coast of Maine with Englishunt is great!
Pros
fair pay, teaching materials provided
Cons
hours- time difference
Work from home with amazing people
English Video Tutor/Teacher (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 12, 2012
There is nothing more rewarding than being able to teach English to kids who love to learn. I am so grateful that I have been given this amazing opportunity. I work with the most ambitious, dedicated, kind and considerate children every morning and I am supported by an amazing staff who have helped me every step of the way.
Pros
work from home, amazing kids, learning another culture, limited lesson planning, no paperwork, supportive staff
Cons
up early
Enjoy being part of a positive learning experience
Online English Tutor (Current Employee) –  My homeMarch 11, 2012
Englishunt promotes a student-centered, positive learning environment. Students and teachers interact using English dialogues, idiomatic expressions and theme-centered conversations. This quick-paced interchange is a fun way for students to become more comfortable with conversational English. Students progress through levels of proficiency that evolve from specific English patterns. Technology and scheduling support from administrators enables teachers to focus totally on teaching and interacting with the students. Students learn from their homes in Korea while the teachers have the luxury of teaching from their own homes. The online nature of this job, delightful students and a well-organized curriculum make the work with Englishunt unique and totally worthwhile.
Pros
work from home, talk with fun students, meet people from all over the world, improve technology skills, work online.
Cons
renegotiated school contracts, teach 3 or 4 hours straight, work time is korean standard time.
An amazing job, working with amazing people!
Online Teacher (Current Employee) –  I live in Atlanta, but teach all over South Korea!March 11, 2012
Englishunt is a wonderful company which allows you to make great money while working from home! The hours are early, which allow you to have the rest of your day to yourself. You get the opportunity to teach amazing students and learn another culture. The directors and supervisors of Englishunt are the best in the business and they offer support and give you confidence unlike any other employers I've worked with!
Great opportunity to help students succeed and work for a great company
Phone English Instructor (Current Employee) –  United StatesMarch 10, 2012
I have enjoyed working with Englishunt as a phone English instructor. If you choose to work for Englishunt you will get the opportunity to help make students' lives better as a result of their improved English communication abilities. The management staff members at Englishunt are encouraging and helpful.