Enlivant Employee Reviews

Upper regional and divisional should be ashamed!!
Life Enrichment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tx.October 13, 2017
I have never seen a company where sales and marketing trump An Excutive Director or operational staff!!!!...... should of been my first red flag, unfortunately I stayed around long enough to watch them tear a thriving community APART!!!..... at the expensive of all our beloved residents!!! BUT hey they complished becoming a "key bank"community!!!..... If you TRULY have Compassion, Humility, and Integrity you won't last!!!!!
Pros
RESIDENTS and Residents families
Cons
2 many to list honestly!!!!!!!!!!
A great place to work, grow and make a difference
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  PAOctober 6, 2017
This role is very fast paced and requires dedication outside the normal 9-5 hours, but it is rewarding with pay, kudos and career opportunities. I've seen caregivers get additional training for med-tech positions due to team player, positive attitude and awesome care giving skills. Our residents are #1 priority. Enlivant expects you to work hard, be responsible and accountable and have a team attitude-if you can do those things, you will excel here. From the Regional managers to our staff, we have a great team. Every day, you have the opportunity to have fun, make a difference and grow professionally.
Pros
Job growth, training, competitive pay
Cons
on call/ work weekends
Amazing coworkers, not so great ED
Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Bend, OROctober 4, 2017
There were a lot of great things about working here. Coworkers, including caregivers, cooks, housekeeping and nurse staff are all awesome people who care alot about the residents. The problem, like with most senior living places, came from the ED who was fake nice, didnt care about the staff and repeatedly talked down to female staff. Other than that particular ED, it was a great place to work.
Pros
Free lunch, caring and dedicated staff
Cons
ED was condescending and passive aggressive
Great company
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  WisconsinSeptember 26, 2017
Enlivant is forward thinking overcoming past obstacles of the company they purchased. The team leaders were amazing to work with and really dedicated time to helping the buildings out. There was a great sense of togetherness amongst the communities and support for the management team.
Pros
leadership, vacation time, families
Cons
work/life balance, staff shortage
great place to work
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Butler, PASeptember 23, 2017
challenged my talents and i thrived here. It was difficult at times but I loved it.My boss was great and let me be creative. The people I worked with were awesome.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
very high paced
Enlivant is a peaceful and friendly environment i emjoyed working there
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 17, 2017
I like my job and enjoyed working with my people I have been there almost 3 years when I started there in 2015 it was Birkdale and then they changed over to enlist in September 2016.
Pros
We have lunch that is free
Cons
We get 30 minute lunches and 15 minute breaks
All about the money, not the residents
Care Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 13, 2017
They tell you that you'll get "unlimited time off." What they don't tell you is that you will work 90-100 hours a week, sometimes over 24 hours at a time. The residents are often not appropriate for AL but are accepted anyway. Staffing budgets are very low.
Pay sucks
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oak Hill, WVSeptember 12, 2017
The pay is of the lowest. The management sucks. Love the residents and other coworkers! Needs improving for sure, but could be a great place if the administration cared more!
Meh
Front Office Coordinator/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 29, 2017
The company as a whole is not bad. There are a few kinks that need to be worked out but overall the staff at corporate are friendly and welcoming.....
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Disappointing
Housekeeper Supervisor (Former Employee) –  IndianaAugust 17, 2017
When working with this company I expierenced being taken advantage of in many forms. My pay and hours were cut while I did half of the CNA's jobs and went over and beyond the expectations of my then current position. Managment was honestly laughable. I was greatly disappointed with this company.
Pros
The people you meet, some times you get paid
Cons
Everything else
It was a great environment, nice and outgoing residents.
RCP (Former Employee) –  Plainview, TXAugust 15, 2017
The RN is very hard to get a long with. So people don't stay because of her. Other than that it's a nice environment. Night shift is hectic and chaotic. The pay isn't very good.
Cons
Short breaks, double shifts.
Too many layers of Management and lack of direction
Management (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAAugust 9, 2017
This company has layers upon layers of upper management, making it near impossible to figure who to report to, who to listen to and where to turn if there are issues. HR is broken down in regions but has way too many buildings to understand what is happening at each one and can't stay updated on staffing issues unless the staff member themselves reaches out to their specific person. No job seems to be secure as they tend to hire/fire people quickly and without notice of poor performance. Residents constantly complain about understaffing. Work/life balance is mediocre at best, supposed to be able to work days, nights, weekends, holidays at the drop of a hat and if you say you are unavailable then the management takes it out on you. Upper management is quick to judge performance and believes that everyone is replaceable. When hiring new staff members upper management does not let the building staff know status of hiring process and if they are making progress, have no answers for residents and families. Actual building staff and residents are wonderful.
Pros
PTO for management in building, staff and residents make it semi-enjoyable
Cons
work/life balance, management
Enlivant does live up to their word
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Western StatesAugust 9, 2017
I have been in the workforce for more than three decades; I find Enlivant one of the few privately held companies, to support, and well, their staff. They are honorable and driven - work live balance does matter and does happen - sometimes you have to be the one to draw the line.
Pros
Follow through always happens, while it can be slow does happen
Cons
Turn around for decisions, slow
No support from management team
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 6, 2017
Stressfull in the sense that there is no support from management team when problems arise with caregivers and daily task. Resident prsonal laundry being lost. Nobody picks up after themselfs in the break room. No solid laundry or shower scheduling.
This is the time...
Community Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAJuly 27, 2017
Wonderful that this is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country and that includes the disabled vet and how we cherish the stories of thier past
Rcp
RCP (Current Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PAJuly 12, 2017
I love my job when it comes to my residents but management is a joke I think my two year old could run it better than the people who are. I am a RCP but they have us do it all from house keeping, nursing and dietary aids. Truth me told they don't pay me enough to do nursing let along all three.
Pros
Residents and co-workers
Cons
Pay rate
Horrible
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 12, 2017
Horrible horrible horrible place to work!!!!! Management doesn't Care. So many residents to care for and not enough help!!!!!! Low pay for too much work. Not flexible with schedule
Worst job ever had
Chef (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs PlaceJuly 11, 2017
Management has no idea of what's going on in the facility short-handed everyday people calling off firing people because they will stand up for their rights stay away from this place worst company ever to work for
Pros
Off every weekend
Cons
Bad management
Too many layers that do not provide support. Division doesn't support Region and Region spread too thin to provide adequate support to facilities.
Regional Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2017
Culture professed at CEO and COO level does not carry down through all levels. Impressed at interview; unfortunate that I did not find what I heard to be true in practice. Restructure of divisions in April doesn't seem to be helping. Most enjoyable part of the job is the residents and trying to provide support to direct caregivers because they work very hard for little pay. Might be better to pay less at upper levels of management and pay direct caregivers more and provide more education, training and support for them.
Pros
Unlimited vacation
Cons
Lack of support at Division and Regional level, high turnover in facilities, poor pay for caregivers.
Negative management
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  NebraskaJuly 10, 2017
Terrible Management, too many layers of Regional Executives that created busy work taking time away from work that could be accomplished. They claim they are residents first not at all, it was all about the numbers. The area Management is truly greedy & always on us to be 100% full with a waitlist if you're not they come down hard on Marketing. Even the Regional VP would come down on us when we were 100% full & would have a resident pass away. No sympathy or compassion. The Executive Director of our building was very young, friends with many staff & would be unprofessional going partying to the bars the night before their early morning shirts. Run from this company! The owner of the company held webinars regarding their longevity employment statistics were poor with new hires quitting before their 1st year anniversary.
Pros
Benefits but not good enough for me to stay under the negativity of management
Cons
Management, greedy all about the numbers first not patient care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Enlivant. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5