Enloe Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Professional atmosphere with knowledgable co workers
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAApril 29, 2016
Typical day is providing aid for twenty surgeries throughout the day whether it's gathering instruments for surgeries or helping move and prep patients in the operating room for surgery. I've learned countless types of surgeries, instrumentation, and the natural flow of the operating room. Management does a fairly good job in accommodating their employees needs and concerns. The hardest part of the job is your good actions are never highlighted, it's only when you make a mistake is your name brought to attention.The most enjoyable part of the job is that most employees are collaborative and want to succeed as a team.
Compassionate miracle workers changing lives daily.
Medical Technologist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAMay 5, 2016
Inconsistent with corporate values verses Moral values. There is a shift in employee morale that is consistent with our society's growing frustration with corporate greed. Thousands of compassionate dedicated workers helping heal the sick and injured while a few dozen manipulate a failing system for personal gain.
Awesome Place to Work
Information Security Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAMay 4, 2016
High-Paying, Fun, Encouraging environment. Furthermore, typical workday can be challenging but as a team, we learn and help each other. A good place to grow and I am able to be part of key projects in all iterations of the project or projects.
Pros
High-Paying, Challenging, Fun, Friendly
Cons
Healthcare, dealing with doctors
Awesome hospital. Management could use help.
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAMarch 9, 2016
Clean, up to date technology and systems and services. Leadership is somewhat disconnected from employees. Standards are not communicated well enough so employees are left to figure it out on their own and get dinged on appraisals because they didn't know the standards...
Pros
Clean, expert workers, good health care.
Cons
Leadership and management is somewhat disconnected from the cares of employees.
Good place to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAApril 4, 2016
Good place to work if you into nursing the environment its different but enjoyable time to work for sure.
Is definitely for everyone, this kind of work requires a lot of attention and detail attention to the job and costumers coming to campus.
Pros
Good benefits, retirement and PTO.
Cons
Poor management.
Great co workers and customer service
Nutrition food service associate (Former Employee) –  Food discount and good benefitsJanuary 19, 2016
This job has taught me a lot about nutrition for patients in the hospital on restrictive diets and what they need to heal. A typical day is making sure patients are happy and still following the dr. orders on what they can and can not receive from food service. My co workers are helpful and the most enjoyable part of the day is when the patients are happy and you can help them learn things they can take home with them to be healthy. The hardest part of the day is when your busy running around trying to get everything done and when there is high census and not enough time.
Cons
constant back and fourth
Genuinely enjoy working for this company
Patient Access Representative III (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAJanuary 19, 2016
I genuinely love working for Enloe Medical Center, everyone that I work with is wonderful and helpful. There is a great team effort here as well. My favorite part of my job is helping the patients that come in and helping them leave in a better state than when they arrived.
great hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAMarch 2, 2016
supportive working environment, great coworkers and management, lots of ce classes available to take. you have lots of help including charge nurse, break relief nurse, team leader.
Pros
lots of help
Cons
everything is great
Wonderful work enviroment
Guest Service Representative/ Volunteer Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAAugust 14, 2015
Enloe Medical Center was a great job with lots of opportunity for advancement in the medical field. The focus was on the guests in the hospital, trying to make their stay and their family's stay as easy and as smooth as possible. I ran the main lobby of the hospital, supervised the volunteers on duty, and managed the gift shop. It was my job to help delegate tasks, provide information to guests and visitors, file paperwork and input data for administrative purposes, and assist the medical staff. There was a true sense of teamwork with my co-workers and we all shared to same goal of bettering peoples lives, even if it was in the smallest way.
A great employer who is interested in helping you achieve your career goals.
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAMay 1, 2015
Enloe Medical Center is a great employer who cares about their employees. Enloe is a patient care centered hospital and in helping our employees achieve good patient care, provides services to help employees with their needs. They provide many opportunities for advancement and they have great benefits.
Pros
Continuing education, good benefits and fair salary
Cons
Short lunch periods.

Want to know more about Enloe Medical Center?

Ask a question
Great employees
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAApril 8, 2015
When i get their clock in an go straight to stock then start my day.

I learned that you can advance your way up to different departments in the hospital.

The management was very unprofessional that they would favor people more than others instead of treating everyone equally.

My co-workers was wonderful.

The hardest part was working hard an dealing with the management an not getting no recognition!

The most enjoyable part was my co-workers. We would bust out the whole first floor an basement of the hospital. Like 50 departments cause someone called off. Liked the Team-work.
Pros
Had partys with food from different resturants when their wasnt any accidents within 90 days.
Cons
The management didt treat everyone equal!
I worked in OB
CNA/Unit Secretary/scrub tech (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJanuary 6, 2015
This was a fun and exciting job. I worked in Ob. I saw lots of babies be born, it was truly awesome. I got to look in on a C-section delivery, I then ended up being a scrub tech for a while. This Hospital was where I got most of my experience. I worked with surgical patients. I worked with oncology patients. I worked with pediatric patients and then to OB ward. The Nurses are great and very knowledgable. I look forward to being able to work in a hospital again someday.
Pros
free holiday meals/ great work environment
Cons
low census days
Amazing teaching hospital
Clinical Experience (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAMarch 1, 2015
Enloe Medical center allowed me to learn my true passion, mother/baby nursing. I was taught by amazing staff members and encouraged when times got tough. After a few years of medical surgical nursing, I hope to take what they taught me there and pursue my dream job
Pros
amazing and helpful staff
Cons
n/a
Crothall Housekeeping
house keeping (Former Employee) –  Chico, CADecember 12, 2014
Management is terrible and always try to beat around the bush, but I learned a lot about Sensitization/Customer Service & how to be a thorough cleaner. The most enjoyable part about working for Crothall at Enloe Medical Center was interacting with patients and making sure they were satisfied with their room.
Pros
amazing co-workers
Cons
disrespectful managers
Passionate people and a great organization to learn from
EMS Intern (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJanuary 31, 2014
As an Intern I was responsible with assisting the Chief Flight Nurse, Neal Cline, with his day to day administrative duties. I also was awarded the opportunity to be apart of working on Enloe's Community Paramedic Pilot Project. My co-workers were flight nurses and medics who were always there to help me and answer questions. I really enjoyed interning with Enloe EMS and defiantly took away valuable career experience.
mismanaged and lacks consistancy
Laboratory Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Chico, CaAugust 11, 2013
On a typical work day management may require you to disregard state and hospital policy in order to quickly appease another department. This creates a high stress environment that jeopardizes patient care and undermines the professionalism of department and the individual employees. The hardest part of the job is the lack of inter department communication and lack of support from department management to follow policy. The best part of the job is providing care for patients.
Pros
excellent pay for limited education
Cons
bad managenment
Enloe is a wonderful place to work
RN, Resource Team (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAFebruary 24, 2013
As a Resource Nurse, I often reported to units struggling, due to a shortage of nursing staff. I never experienced unfair patient assignment, or unreasonable nurse to patient ratios. I was treated like a welcomed guest, and felt supported by the staff nurses on each unit. I learned from each specialty, and that makes me a better nurse.
Pros
varied work environment, opportunity to meet other staff in the hospital, learning opportunities
Great place with Excellent team atmosphere!
Mental Health Worker/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Chico, CaJanuary 30, 2013
The days are variable with a few standard tasks related to patient safety to complete. Patient care takes the most flexibility. One never knows what will happen on a psychiatric ward. I have learned a great deal about mental illness and the care of those that work through life with it. I have an exceptional management team. The Charge Nurses, Nurse Manager, and Medical Director are supportive and approachable. The hardest part of this job is hearing the life stories of the patients, stories that break your heart. The best part of this job is seeing a patient gain insight and begin to overcome what has been a personal obstacle.
Pros
great people to work with!!
Cons
lunch break feels too short, healthcare coverage could improve
Fast paced work environment
Intern, Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Chico, CASeptember 24, 2012
I was a first-rotation Intern in the Diagnostic Imaging department. Many of the staff didn't have a lot of patience with first-rotation interns and I had no other student(s) to work with so felt a little out on a limb. The staff who did help me learn were very good and I am grateful for their help. The culture of Enloe is a little difficult in that there was not a lot of cooperation among different departments. I attribute this to the leadership (or lack thereof). The equipment was very good and well-maintained and the staff were given ample opportunity and support in learning new equipment when it was installed. I gained a lot of valuable experience in a trauma hospital setting.
Pros
many valuable opportunities for learning.
Cons
culture was somewhat divisive.
This was a fun and fair place to work
Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJanuary 23, 2013
-A typical workday was sitting at my desk and analyzing data and management information systems
-I learned about statistics, databases, excel, word, and hospital wide information systems
-Management was amazing
-I loved my co-workders
-This job was pretty easy
-I loved the benefits and the people at Enloe
Pros
benefits, people, work, flexibility
Cons
didn't pay enough

Enloe Medical Center Reviews by Location