Enloe Medical Center

Enloe Medical Center Employee Reviews

A great employer who is interested in helping you achieve your career goals.
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee), Chico, CAMay 1, 2015
Pros: Continuing education, good benefits and fair salary
Cons: Short lunch periods.
Enloe Medical Center is a great employer who cares about their employees. Enloe is a patient care centered hospital and in helping our employees achieve good patient care, provides services to help employees with their needs. They provide many opportunities for advancement and they have great benefits.
Great employees
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Chico, CAApril 8, 2015
Pros: Had partys with food from different resturants when their wasnt any accidents within 90 days.
Cons: The management didt treat everyone equal!
When i get their clock in an go straight to stock then start my day.

I learned that you can advance your way up to different departments in the hospital.

The management was very unprofessional that they would favor people more than others instead of treating everyone equally.

My co-workers was wonderful.

The hardest part was working hard an dealing with the management an not getting no recognition!

The most enjoyable part was my co-workers. We would bust out the whole first floor an basement of the hospital. Like 50 departments cause someone called off. Liked the Team-work.
Amazing teaching hospital
Clinical Experience (Former Employee), Chico, CAMarch 1, 2015
Pros: amazing and helpful staff
Cons: n/a
Enloe Medical center allowed me to learn my true passion, mother/baby nursing. I was taught by amazing staff members and encouraged when times got tough. After a few years of medical surgical nursing, I hope to take what they taught me there and pursue my dream job
a nice experience
Central Supply Clerk (Former Employee), Chico, CAFebruary 16, 2015
the place is very clean, the people are very kind and diligent with work. they are always working. when its slow there is always something to do.
I worked in OB
CNA/Unit Secretary/scrub tech (Former Employee), Chico, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: free holiday meals/ great work environment
Cons: low census days
This was a fun and exciting job. I worked in Ob. I saw lots of babies be born, it was truly awesome. I got to look in on a C-section delivery, I then ended up being a scrub tech for a while. This Hospital was where I got most of my experience. I worked with surgical patients. I worked with oncology patients. I worked with pediatric patients and then to OB ward. The Nurses are great and very knowledgable. I look forward to being able to work in a hospital again someday.
Crothall Housekeeping
house keeping (Former Employee), Chico, CADecember 12, 2014
Pros: amazing co-workers
Cons: disrespectful managers
Management is terrible and always try to beat around the bush, but I learned a lot about Sensitization/Customer Service & how to be a thorough cleaner. The most enjoyable part about working for Crothall at Enloe Medical Center was interacting with patients and making sure they were satisfied with their room.
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Chico, CAOctober 10, 2014
This is a work environment that strives for excellence in every thing they do.
Great learning opportunities with wonderful staff
Vascular Ultrasound Intern (Former Employee), Chico, CASeptember 29, 2014
As a student intern, I had the opportunity to thoroughly learn my profession through the instruction of the staff. The staff are upbeat and willing to help whenever they can.
Nice New Hospital Buildings
Surgical Technician (Current Employee), Chico, CASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: small town mindset
The organizations is in a transition period with the new construction. This has created a beautiful facility, and hopefully will encourage more state of the art medical techniques and training, along with better patient care into the community.
Only hospital in town
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee), Chico, CAJuly 25, 2014
Coworkers are great. Poor management. Questionable job security. Not in my top 3 places I've worked.
Small but busy trauma center in the central valley of California
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Chico, CAJuly 25, 2014
Enloe Medical Center is a small but busy trauma center in the northern part of the central valley in California
Very professional atmosphere
Operations Manager, Environmental Services (Former Employee), Chico, CAJune 10, 2014
Pros: good experience, high pace environment
I enjoyed going to work every day because I had a since that I was accomplishing something that was absolutely necessary for the hospital and its operations. I learned that we take the little things for granted such as general housekeeping, for a hospital, this is an important part of everyday operations; it isn't just to make the hospital "look good" but for infection control. I enjoyed working at Enloe Medical center because everyone that works there always displayed an air of professionalism, including my coworkers. The hardest part of the job is when something goes wrong and you have to stop what you are doing to fix a major problem such as if a water main was to break and makes a huge mess. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the hospital staff and their expectations.
Passionate people and a great organization to learn from
EMS Intern (Former Employee), Chico, CAJanuary 31, 2014
As an Intern I was responsible with assisting the Chief Flight Nurse, Neal Cline, with his day to day administrative duties. I also was awarded the opportunity to be apart of working on Enloe's Community Paramedic Pilot Project. My co-workers were flight nurses and medics who were always there to help me and answer questions. I really enjoyed interning with Enloe EMS and defiantly took away valuable career experience.
Enloe Hospital
Emergency Medical Technician on an ALS transport (Former Employee), Chico, CaSeptember 23, 2013
Great company to work for. Exceptional management and amazing co-workers.
mismanaged and lacks consistancy
Laboratory Assistant III (Former Employee), Chico, CaAugust 11, 2013
Pros: excellent pay for limited education
Cons: bad managenment
On a typical work day management may require you to disregard state and hospital policy in order to quickly appease another department. This creates a high stress environment that jeopardizes patient care and undermines the professionalism of department and the individual employees. The hardest part of the job is the lack of inter department communication and lack of support from department management to follow policy. The best part of the job is providing care for patients.
Enloe is a wonderful place to work
RN, Resource Team (Former Employee), Chico, CAFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: varied work environment, opportunity to meet other staff in the hospital, learning opportunities
As a Resource Nurse, I often reported to units struggling, due to a shortage of nursing staff. I never experienced unfair patient assignment, or unreasonable nurse to patient ratios. I was treated like a welcomed guest, and felt supported by the staff nurses on each unit. I learned from each specialty, and that makes me a better nurse.
Great place with Excellent team atmosphere!
Mental Health Worker/Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Chico, CaJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: great people to work with!!
Cons: lunch break feels too short, healthcare coverage could improve
The days are variable with a few standard tasks related to patient safety to complete. Patient care takes the most flexibility. One never knows what will happen on a psychiatric ward. I have learned a great deal about mental illness and the care of those that work through life with it. I have an exceptional management team. The Charge Nurses, Nurse Manager, and Medical Director are supportive and approachable. The hardest part of this job is hearing the life stories of the patients, stories that break your heart. The best part of this job is seeing a patient gain insight and begin to overcome what has been a personal obstacle.
This was a fun and fair place to work
Systems Technician (Former Employee), Chico, CAJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: benefits, people, work, flexibility
Cons: didn't pay enough
-A typical workday was sitting at my desk and analyzing data and management information systems
-I learned about statistics, databases, excel, word, and hospital wide information systems
-Management was amazing
-I loved my co-workders
-This job was pretty easy
-I loved the benefits and the people at Enloe
Very poor wages for Paramedics, No Advancement
Paramedic (Former Employee), Chico, CANovember 13, 2012
Pros: learned a lot woking in emergency room
Cons: no sleep on a 24 or 48 hour shift.
Close to home , Bad Management , poor wages. Long hours. Sometimes unsafe conditions, 24 hour shifts meaning you could be sent out of town on long distance Transfers all hours of the night in addition to running 911 calls all day. Very unsafe driving operations for crew and patient.
Fast paced work environment
Intern, Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Chico, CASeptember 24, 2012
Pros: many valuable opportunities for learning.
Cons: culture was somewhat divisive.
I was a first-rotation Intern in the Diagnostic Imaging department. Many of the staff didn't have a lot of patience with first-rotation interns and I had no other student(s) to work with so felt a little out on a limb. The staff who did help me learn were very good and I am grateful for their help. The culture of Enloe is a little difficult in that there was not a lot of cooperation among different departments. I attribute this to the leadership (or lack thereof). The equipment was very good and well-maintained and the staff were given ample opportunity and support in learning new equipment when it was installed. I gained a lot of valuable experience in a trauma hospital setting.