Enphase Energy Employee Reviews

High Stress, Poor Management, Poor product
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAOctober 20, 2017
Product was never really that strong to begin with, people there are over worked and stressed out. Very click associated environment. Learned a lot about electrical and how solar panels work. Management did not help, just a few weeks of training then they toss you to the phones. The only enjoyable part of the job was not working Saturday or Sunday. However, that could be changing soon as well.
Good company in North bay
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Petaluma, CAAugust 24, 2017
Good product.

Poor marketing and sales strategy.

Competitive industry.

Unclear financial future.

Senior management are relatively new to the industry.
Pros
Unlimited paid time off, if manager approves
Cons
Long working hours to finish work. No salary increase. Stock option worth almost nothing.
Multicultural enviroment
Desktop Lead (Former Employee) –  Petaluma Point, CAJuly 18, 2017
Great place to work, people are friendly and very understanding when you have 5 users lined up in your office needing help.

Management very understanding and willing to help out fro the very smallest issue to the most difficult problems.

Totally enjoyed my 7 1/2 years there and would still be there if my husband had not been promoted and we had to relocate for his job.
Pros
walking distance to great places to eat
AP Manager - Treasury Assistant - Temp Job (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAJune 22, 2017
I was on a contract basis and finished left to accept other employment as my temp position didn't seem to be to offering any future. Nice place to work
Great team to work with
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAMay 22, 2017
I had an amazing boss. Do to the nature of this company, I had to switch up my design skills and experience to a new direction. My boss was fantastic on teaching me some new techniques, he broadened my approach to design.
Pros
Great boss
Cons
Company going through really bad financial times. Both my boss, myself and about 100+ had to be let go due to this companies financial troubles. Good company too, it was a shame.
Wonderful work-life balance, great product!
Staff Engineer in Software Test (Current Employee) –  Petaluma, CAMarch 19, 2017
I have immensely enjoyed working here. Everyone is smart, knowledgable, passionate, helpful and friendly.

I learn something new everyday. When I want to explore a new field or try out something new, I have always been encouraged and supported, which I am grateful for. I totally believe in the product.

But I need better opportunities for growth and advancement.
Pros
Fun activities from time to time - march madness games, ping pong tournaments, Halloween events, etc.
Cons
Benefits could be better
Start-up gone public and pushing forward to stay in the game
RMA Specialist (Current Employee) –  1420 N McDowell Petaluma, CAMarch 10, 2017
Enphase Energy was an eclectic, forward moving, and fun community to work, I was always able to communicate problems and receive clear instructions. Many individuals were willing to put their effort in for the company rather than self gain. My work span mostly between three groups and any problems were worked on together. Most days I handled with self-sufficient means and helped others complete their load.
Great Product and great co-workers
Sr Hardware Reliability Test & Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Petaluma, CAFebruary 2, 2017
Great Product, opening market for the solar industry. Great work environment. Launching AC battery really soon, another great innovation product that will probably be a great success.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
unstable
Good company to work for
Design/SOC/FPGA engineer (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 8, 2016
Overall good company, but keep losing money.
Hope for the best for them.

Good technology,
need to get a break even point at least.

green technology
Pros
good technology, good people, green tech
Cons
Needs to make money
Top Solar Energy Technology Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAOctober 10, 2016
Innovative Solar Energy technology company who invented the microinverter and continues to innovate with great products. The current difficult market for Solar equipment companies with constant pricing power decreases has put significant financial pressures on the company, along with almost all others in this market.
Pros
Great products and people
Cons
Under financial pressure

Want to know more about Enphase Energy?

Ask a question
Sales Commission Analyst (Current Employee) –  Petaluma, CAOctober 4, 2016
Everybody working hard, like their jobs and help company go through rough time, which everybody experience at least once in their lifetime. Based on their commitment to survive together they will achieve their goal set in the near future.
Productive and fun work place with ping pong table.
Stuff Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Petaluma, CASeptember 29, 2016
My primary function was a sustaining engineering with heavy load of Reliability Test failure analysis. I troubleshoot and analyzed several units during a day. I learned details of Power Conversion technology, Test and Measurement instrumentation, failure analyzes methodic and requirements. The Management was fair and polite. My co-workers were knowledgeable and helpful. The hardiest part of the job was removing certain types of potting. The most enjoyable part of the job was planning and executing troubleshooting of a unit
Pros
Easy accessability of everyone as needed
Cons
Documentation was often insufficient
Company wanted to be bigger on a very small budget
Associate Engineer/Hardware Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CASeptember 28, 2016
Business was regulated to much for it to grow. The product profile was only two products.Company did not hire enough people todo the work needed. Employees were doing several jobs at the same time.
Pros
Good People and job
Cons
Job was not secure
Doomed culture
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  CASeptember 8, 2016
No advancement for internal candidates.
Lack of leadership from the office.
Mid level management has lack of focus.
No real safety program in place.
Reactive management decisions.
lots of potential but need to focus
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Petaluma, CAJanuary 14, 2016
Enphase was a technology leader and established the module level power electronics industry but they are loosing focus and the ability to develop competitive products. To many projects, not enough commitment and resources for each.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
not enough focus
don't bother
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 22, 2015
There are some seriously idiotic middle managers that have somehow managed to pull the wool over the eyes of the executives and have stayed employed. not good.
Not deserving of trust.
Senior Firmware Engineer (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CADecember 2, 2015
Immediately after force reduction they are advertising for embedded engineers... which were among those laid off.

Took 3 Months to get reimbursed for out of pocket expenses occurred from initial interview.

Severance pay is overdue, and calls have not yet been returned.
Great people
Customer Support (Former Employee) –  PetalumaAugust 19, 2015
I really enjoyed my time at Enphase but the company grew too fast and departments are being downsized. A good thing but not for a 5 year employee.
Pros
My department was great
Cons
Product time to market too fast. More testing before release
Excellent Company
DSKTOP TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  PetalumaNovember 9, 2014
Good Company to work for. Good Work Culture and Friendly Environment
Pros
Cons
No Advancement
Fun and productive place with a ping pong table
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Petaluma, CAMarch 26, 2014
Well the location in Petaluma, CA, is the headquarters and higher level tech support. I have given the ability to take the NABCEP. The management cares and works hard to make you be the best you can be. The hardest is that solar is a tough industry is always changing and that is very challenging. The best part of the job though is helping assist customers with our product and hearing that they are happy again