ENSCO, Inc. Employee Reviews

productive and good place to work
Sr. JAVA/J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAOctober 17, 2017
A typical day at work involves coding, unit testing, performance testing, meeting with the customer, showing the POCs(Proof-Of-Concept) and clarify other developers’s questions. When I interact with the customer the doubts I get & explain to the other developers is what I do.

Work place is very energetic and fun but does have a lot of work load as we are a small team but, did give lot of expertise in nurturing my skills and ability to adapt to stressful environment.
Family Environment
Sr. Windows Server Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAAugust 10, 2017
The work assignment has been challenging but rewarding. I enjoy the diverse work activities and the satisfaction that comes from this duty. We have an opportunity to provide excellent support to our customer and our expertise and experience greatly enhance our customer's ability to accomplish the mission. The operational pace can be intense at times but when you enjoy what you do its easy to adapt to the operational environment.
ENSCO is a results oriented, customer focused company
Acquisition Program Advisor (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 28, 2017
ENSCO has treated me very well. I left my prior employer to move to ENSCO as they won the follow on contract. I was provided with an increase in salary that I would have gotten had I stayed with my former employer, The increased my leave benefit and provided me with a great office. I'm doing wor way above my pay scale and I enjoy that very much.

In my experience they take care of their people. I (blush) received a STAR Performer award recently. They do recognize excellence and also have dropped some people that weren't cutting it. I have a lot of respect for ENSCO.
Pros
Correctly evaluates team member's performance
Cons
They bid low to win, so the salary isn't that great
Great Organization
Staff Senior Systems Engineer, Site Lead (Former Employee) –  Patrick Afb, FLNovember 24, 2016
While I was at ENSCO the corporate culture was all about fair play with the employees. I enjoyed my time, but our contract ended with the Government and we were not offered additional employment.
Railway Safety Equiptment
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAJuly 10, 2016
Wasnt a bad place to work, lack of communications, We built gear to gu under trucks for the purpose to test tarck layout and find problems and in-perfections
software developer (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYNovember 5, 2015
I loved working for this company. Responsive management. Opportunity for advancement. Would love to work for them again
Pros
Felt like part of a big family
Cons
job insecurity - they were a prime vendor of IT services to IBM, Lockheed. When the layoffs start the consultants go out the door first
ENSCO Avionics
Associate Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Endicott, NYSeptember 30, 2015
Great place to work. Very comfortable environment with extremely helpful coworkers. I would definitely encourage people to work here.
Challenging workplace with some travel opportunities
SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAJuly 31, 2015
Plenty of opportunity to apply creativity and engineering skills to develop solutions to customer challenges. Most days included time spent on designing components and assemblies in CAD.
Pros
Lunch time training sessions
Loved them
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLJuly 8, 2015
Great company to work for and the work/life balance was awesome. Hate I had to move otherwise I'd still be employed there.
Family Orientated Company that believes in Work-Life balance
Associate Systems Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYApril 28, 2015
Great place to work. Family Orientated Company that believes in Work-Life balance. Benefits are par for the course and pay is slightly below average.
Productive and fun work place
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Endicott, New YorkJanuary 21, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is the flex time.
The co-workers are the top engineers.
The number of management staff is light.
Great work environment!
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VANovember 20, 2014
What is enjoyable about the job is the occasionally travel and travel experience. You will not be bored at ENSCO. Also, there are several people that have been with the company for more than 30 years! Which tells us that people stay because its a great company to work for!
Pros
Occasionally free lunch! Great Co-workers!
Cons
Occasionally Long days
Great company to start with
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Endicott NYOctober 28, 2014
I started with ENSCO right out college.

The people there were wonderful.

Because of the economy I was laid-off twice.

Almost went back again before getting picked up by a different company.
Pros
flex time, great people
Cons
low pay
Great Place to Start
Associate Software Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYOctober 20, 2014
Very nice place to work with very friendly people. The only thing that bothered me was I never received much feedback good or bad on my work.
Cons
Contract was too short
Great company, excellent company culture
Senior Computer Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 14, 2014
ENSCO has by far been one of the best government contracting companies in the Washington DC Metro commuting area. They offer excellent benefits and competitive pay. In addition, working with ENSCO is both rewarding and challenging -- offering work-life balance as well. ENSCO treats all employees as human beings and not just another resource.
Pros
Parking reimbursements
The best company I have ever worked for.
Data Analyst Specialist (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYMay 31, 2012
Ensco highly values it's employees.
I would love the chance to accept a new position with them if one is developed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ENSCO, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4