Ensign Services Employee Reviews

production
Floorhand/Derrickman (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 20, 2017
Ensign Drilling was a great job for me. I got to learn a lot in the oil industry. I was a derrickhand, floorhand, and a mud pump mechanic. I also was a pipe wrangler.
Esl
Charge Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CASeptember 16, 2017
Although English is the required language to be spoken at Ensign facilities, this LTC facility rarely spoke anything other than a Filipino dialect. There was a culture of reverse discrimination against Caucasian employees
Fast paced fun environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSSeptember 15, 2017
Great company and place to work for. Fun atmosphere with employees and guests. Its a great place to see patients rehab to home. You feel like you truly make a difference with the patients that you are providing care to.
Cna
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSSeptember 13, 2017
I love Resort of Olathe! Each resort is different and managed differently so I can't speak for Shawnee or leawood or KCK but Olathe is great! Love the people I work with, pay is good, benefits, t shirts, it's great!
Pros
They care
Cons
We work hard but love it
Pros and cons
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 9, 2017
I worked at several Ensign locations in Texas. I met some wonderful and extremely intelligent people in the facilities and at the Service Center. Their training and IT systems are excellent, as are there support for HR, Clinical, Legal, and Finance. Turnover was lower than other companies I've been with in nursing homes, despite lower pay. Some folks live the culture, some are hypocrites just like other businesses. When they acquire a facility they do make cuts and run lean staff. With the right staff it works, without good people it's awful. It's a good company for young and hungry professionals or seasoned ones that don't mind lower pay and prefer not to be micromanaged.
Pros
Systems, training, opportunity for advancement, support from resources, culture when lived
Cons
Base salary, lean staff at times, culture when not lived
They try to portray a higher culture...it is not.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CASeptember 8, 2017
Management is a mess, they will pop up whenever the state is there and suddenly know everything about you (they don't, it's just a face they put on to show how "great" it is.) Most of the RN's are passive aggressive and will flip out if there is a single call light. There are always call lights RNs, chill, please learn to chill. They give out radios to stay in touch with the staff but you will soon learn that the radio is a one way line. Everyone uses it to contact the CNAs but when the CNA needs to contact maintenance, a Nurse, etc. no one will respond. The kitchen staff gets annoyed with you WHENEVER you show up and make you wait 5 minutes for some tea bags. When you first get hired you will be fed so much propaganda about how Ensign is so much different, it isn't. If anything I'd say it's worse. They have promoted a culture of bullying. Everyone steps on the CNA here.
Pros
clean, free food every so often if you land a work day on the day they give it out
Cons
short breaks, messy management, failure to communicate
Productive and fun workplace with lots of flexibility
Resource (Current Employee) –  Washington StateSeptember 7, 2017
I work in a resource role currently, so I have a different perspective than others. Covering multiple markets can be challenging, but it's a great learning experience. I work with great people and feel like I'm making a difference. Work/life balance can be a struggle at times given how much the administrators work, which spills over to the resources, but overall I am very happy with my job.
It's a nice place & great ppl to work with like family
Certified Dietary Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 7, 2017
It's just a pay thing not receiving pay to my certification status, other facilities paying more to dietary managers and are not certified . I feel I fulfill all my obligations above & beyond, I rarely miss work & it's hard to take a day off or vacation
Don't work here
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXAugust 24, 2017
Terrible company to work for. Management doesnt care about lower level employees at all. They hire people they know and pay them less. The residents are not taken care of properly and State is in these facilities all the time doing investigations. Their core values are a joke that they themselves do not follow. If you do try to make a suggestion or a compliance complaint there is retribution from your manager.
Pros
the residents
Cons
Management, costly insurance, low pay, high turn over
Productive laid back work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 17, 2017
Ensign was a good place to work for just doesn't pay enough and has no benefits didn't get overtime at all you are allowed three breaks plus a 20 minute lunch
Pros
Right schedule for me not to early to work and not too late to get off
Cons
Short break, no benefits, low pay

Want to know more about Ensign Services?

Ask a question
Don't work here
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 9, 2017
This is a poor company to work for. Management plays favorites and does nothing for people who have seniority with the company. The pay and benefits suck. No teamwork. I would continue to look for another job if you value your sanity
Cons
poor management and always understaffed
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJuly 31, 2017
They are always understaffed which means the patients don't get the highest quality of care they need. The management is unfair and they have favoritism towards certain staff. I wouldn't recommend working here if you want to get treated fairly and be appreciated for your work because they do not do that here.
Pros
patients
Cons
understaffed and management needs improvement
Company Doesn't Care
Director of Dietary (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSJuly 21, 2017
They will work seven days a week. They offer no guidance once you get in the door. They staff is always turning over including the Administrator. The Director of nursing thinks she owns the building and tries to run everyone like they work for her. Do not work for this company.
Pros
non
Cons
see above
The worst company that I have ever worked for
LVN (Current Employee) –  Galdewater, TXJuly 20, 2017
Management has a rude and authoritative demeanor, you are micromanaged they do not care about the residents the only thing that matters is the charting, They go through staff like water,I would not recommend anyone to go to work for them
This is a great company to work for, they have great benefits and great training programs.
Community Liaison/Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 2, 2017
Great place to work. They do not have many women working in executive roles mostly men. The benefits were very reasonable. The paid time off was also great. My only concern was the fact that women are not chosen for executive roles as much as men.
Pros
Great enviroment great benefits.
Cons
mostly men in executive roles
Drink the Ensign Koolaid
Director (Former Employee) –  AZJune 11, 2017
The culture that is preached is not lived except in a few cases. Their plan to be a viable business in the sector is to have the lowest costs in every category. Good luck if you are an nurse or cna they will tell you culture is the reason to stay but your staffing ratios will almost always be a one or two star unless they count resources in their staffing ratios. You can do a great job for years and help them through difficult times but don't have any struggles yourself or you will be looking for a job despite all your dedication. There are always exceptions and some are great but most are run on tiny budgets across the board, they call this responsible management. The EDs make more than any in the industry. So the tight budgets apply to everyone except the EDs. Even amazing DONs don't make a sniff of what the EDs make. Not sure that is where I would want my Medicare dollars going.
Pros
Ensign Koolaid is like the pied piper and attracts some amazing employees
Cons
Its just Koolaid and you'll devote your energy and life to the Ensign Cult-ure
if you value being treated fairly, don't work for Ensign
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 1, 2017
Dog eat dog. Employee cliques. No management skills. No proper training. No consistent annual reviews. Leader turnovers just as bad as hourly employees. Don't value good employees, prefer to replace long term employees in good standing than take the time to train them and show them support and proper tools for success.
Constantly talking core values but not even Administrators adhere to those values. They basically do what they want at your expense.
Benefits
Cons
No annual reviews, scrambling to do the right thing when State is in building, only!
Horrible place to work
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 30, 2017
Terrible place to work don't waste your time they only care about money not residents or employees this company is ridiculous and should be shut down immediately
Cons
Company only cares for money not healthcare
Nursing (Former Employee) –  NurseMay 29, 2017
Management is always #1 problem there. They don't care about their employees or residents just about the money at the end if the day. They're slowly trying to get out of this trend due to a recent state survey that got extremely messy. Its not a good long term place to work, maybe temporary I would recommend it but they don't keep up with pay raises or evaluations even though they promise them to you. Lack of supplies and staff are constantly a problem which led to state tags. They never take staff opinions. They are dictators. When they have problems w management they simply relocate them to another facility. Instead of emptying the trash, they simply re-distribute. Benefits are ok there. Employees are great and have each others backs. Managers just love forcing stuff down throats. Constant changes and things are never as planned or how they say they will be.
Pros
Benefits opportunities
Cons
Dictators, lack of competitive pay in the future, they only care about money.
Down in the dumps
LVN (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMay 24, 2017
Good pay, but you will be working for about 3 other people to make up for the couple of more dollars. Also, food quality poor. Resident care inhumane.
Pros
pay
Cons
poor patient care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ensign Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9