Entercom Communications Employee Reviews

Sales people run EVERYTHING
Digital Content Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 10, 2017
Pays next to nothing.

Everything you do is for the bottom line and you are a slave to the sales team.

A fun atmosphere with some cool benefits of working in the media industry, but this doesn't balance out the poor pay and unbalanced culture.
Pros
Free lunches, concert tickets, fun people
Cons
Sales-driven, poor management, barely any pay
Decent Place to Work
Producer/Host (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYJanuary 21, 2017
Entercom has been a pretty decent place to work, however wages are extremely low and you wait a significant period of time to find out about promotions.
commission based only job
Senior Account Manager, WAAF/Entercom (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 7, 2016
selling radio was my first job out of school. 100 percent commission. spent 10 years at entercom and started out as a new salesperson and grew to the number one salesperson on the team.
Entercom
Promotion Director (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 26, 2016
Entercom demands hard work and talented people to execute top level media plans. Much more than the typical radio company. Entercom has embraced the future of online marketing and sales.
Not a good place to work
Digital Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 14, 2016
Under the Entercom Communications spawned SmartReach Digital, the business model was to leverage existing radio relationships to digital relationships and ultimately drive revenue...GREAT CONCEPT...POOR EXECUTION. It's a fledgling digital company trying to compete in the space with other well seasoned digital companies.Products suite is some of the best that i have seen in the space ...unfortunately the VP of Digital Sales is COMPLETELY incompetent, Director of Digital Sales is great... but is a yes man to the VP and won't stand up to him when needed..., in addition to being spread so thin, both completely DO NOT have their fingers on the pulse of the frontline sales managers. Several members of the digital agency have left because of the VP poor management style. He makes knee jerk reactions regarding product & process all to the entire companies detriment. Ready, FIRE...no aim. Under his leadership the company will fail..Local GM / Market Manager is COMPLETELY disengaged with the sales team....stays in his office most of the day and is one of the laziest GM's I have ever met. If you are trying to grow professionally...Run...don't walk, and stay far away from this company that is in its newborn stage.
Pros
Tasty Tuesday
Cons
Incompetence of senior leadership
Postive Environment
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 6, 2016
Entercom is home to 5 local radio brands and signature events. Working with cross functional teams can be challenging. The company continues to invest in people, but could use product enhancements.
Pros
Commuter Benefits, concert tickets
Cons
Demanding schedule
Overall good
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 14, 2016
It's a fun sales job for the most part. As long as you know what you're going in to, it's a great setting. Constant prospecting but a lot of freedom
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Tough industry
Horrible place to work
Promotions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 11, 2016
Very clicky. They never trained me. They just put me in the field and said go. No learning, no guidance. I wanted to gain some experience while I was still in college but all I got was a absent supervisor and a horrible team that could care less if you where there.
Poor Employee Appreciation but Overall not bad
Night Show Host (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 3, 2016
Poor Employee Appreciation but Overall not bad. You often work more than 40 hours a week with events and extras. Seniority seems to trump everything.
Great Co-Workers
SALES ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 17, 2016
Radio is an interesting industry - lots of pressure to make numbers in an evolving medium.
Poor internal communication in a business that depends on communication.

Entercom has some really amazing people supporting its incredible Sales team.

Compensation is the lowest of the 3 radio groups in town - it's impossible to attract and keep good people if they are not going to be compensated appropriately,
Pros
concert tickets, event tickets
Cons
pay rate, cost of living increase %
Great people to work with. Good management team
Customer Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 14, 2016
My roles as an Inside Sales Manager was to make calls to businesses in and around the markets I was assigned to. The main market I was in charge of was Boston. Other markets I worked on included Kansas City, MO and Madison WI.

I sold radio advertising for the local stations in each market over the phone. It taught me patience, resiliency and great communication. I learned that selling an idea to someone over the phone is much different than face to face.

I had a base salary of 25K but there were some compensation for closing deals for the company. It was a rewarding job because i felt a sense of accomplishment each time I was successful. The most rewarding part of the job was growth. I started off doing something that I was completely unfamiliar with but was able to improve as I worked hard and put the time in to learn from mistakes as well as successes.

Entercom was a great place for me to start my working life. However, there was not a lot of opportunity to move up in the company. Another thing that frustrated me was not being rewarded for being one of the best sellers in my department. The compensation for being successful was minimal.

I do not regret my time there but I am ready to take another step towards a more reliable and steady job. I want to learn new skills and be rewarded for how hard I work.
Worst job I have ever had
Media Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 17, 2015
Company was corrupt and there is favortism. Sales were difficult because prospects are limited. It's an old industry. The managers bothered me the most because they were so partial to some people and secretive. I felt like they were egotistic and didn't have many skills to back their big egos up.
Pros
Some nice people
Cons
Managers are jerks
Corporate Philiosophy
Sr. Advertising Executive (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 1, 2015
Entercom has a great corporate philosophy and finds way to be "green", giving back and having a positive impact on the community!
Pros
Attending many special events.
Cons
Healthcare
Productive and fun
Producer/Board Operator (Current Employee) –  Shawnee Mission, KSNovember 2, 2015
Relaxed environment most of the time. Tendency for high pressure situations that occur in spurts. People love their work.
Great Great Great Great Great
announcer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 2, 2015
Great company to work for, great benefits, professional environment, management is excellent, studio equipment in excellent condition. top notch. job skilled improved working with this company
lots of fun exclusive events you can attend
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 28, 2015
Entercom is a great place to gain experience and work hard. if you want to learn as much as possible, this is the place to go. although the environment is fun, advancement and compensation is extremely slow.
My easiest job in radio.
PT. Board Operator, WAXY (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 7, 2015
The company is a great place to work for. It build myself another name besides of me just working at the former company Clear Channel now iHeartMedia to my experience.
Pros
Working the overnight hours. Less people.
Cons
The distance of job in Miami.
found on-air position fun and exciting
on-air personality (Former Employee) –  Madison, WisconsinAugust 12, 2015
Looked over music log for airshift and organized CDs based on playlist. Able to display personality. Also, I got paid to run a weekly countdown show.
Pros
Pursuing my passion for music and radio.
Cons
Sometimes the overnight hours could be challenging.
Entercom Commincations (WSSP)
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 20, 2015
I was hired to launch WSSP. We did that about as text book as you could.

We did not have ratings success initially. Our issues were getting a foothold in the market after WTMJ has frozen us out of everything) and an established sports station at 1510.

Our attempts to up the profile of the brand failed significantly.

After the GM that hired me left after eight months, the DOS was promoted to GM. He decided we needed to start over rather than be patient.

Our morning show never developed, yet I was rebuffed when I wanted to make changes.

Lots of input from the outside. Once it appeared we were not moving the needle, everyone wanted to weigh in to try to fix it.
Pros
Incredibly professional environment with extremely talented people
Cons
New GM didn't get it
Who doesn't love Radio
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 7, 2015
Entercom Denver is a fast paced company in the Radio industry. Crazy fun talent to work with, always something going on. Management is supportive and open to new ideas.
Pros
Pool table, guest in house concerts, chances to see concerts throughout the city
Cons
401K match is terrible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Entercom Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8