Entercom Communications Employee Reviews

One Summer I Won't Get Back
Promotions Intern (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 14, 2017
My experience as an intern this summer was less exciting than I thought. They expected us to be excited to come in everyday while most had attitudes and did not want to hold so much as a convo with you. I could tell most ppl in the office grew up having to never step outside of their comfort zones.

The morning show hosts lack real talent and use interns trying to appear funny or make fun of one intern and call it a morning show. I missed one show and was fired without a follow up from my manager ever. I learned that Entercom is cut-throat. In Sacramento, they lack culture and diversity. Has good potential to become amazing, buttttt that would need a serious shift in culture.
Pros
Met cool people
Cons
Didn't learn a thing that I didn't already know
Refer to 98.9 The Rock
Personality (Current Employee) –  Mission, KSSeptember 19, 2017
Overall, Entercom is an incredible company to work for! I have worked with some of the brightest and hardest working people. They are also like a family.
CEO David Field is a Maverick! I like his style! Entercom is taking over!
Promotions Team (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 8, 2017
Entercom is the Best. It is a great company if you are a go getter! The people are the best part, that and the endless possibilities for growth if you work hard and proud!
Pros
The music and friends and learning!
Cons
No complaints! Lucky to be in radio!
Environment is OK...Pay not so much
Board Operator/Producer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 5, 2017
Was given an opportunity to get my foot in the door in one of the largest markets in the US. The problem is, management knows a lot of rookies are eager to just get experience. As such, we are underpaid. There is a plethora of part-timers, which makes it hard to get consistent hours and advance.
Pros
Culture is good for the most part. Everyone gets along.
Cons
Hours can be hard to come by
Productive & fun workplace
EVENT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 3, 2017
It's fun and has its perks
I enjoy working there
I like my supervisors
It has good perks
I never have to pay for entertainment
Everybody is friendly and willing to work together
Entercom
On air talent (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 6, 2017
The Denver cluster is in complete and total disarray; stay away if possible. Management has ran the organization into the trenches and the morale is at an all time low.
Bad Management
Program Director (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 31, 2017
Entercom showed their true colors when I was let go. They kept most of my pay and what they did pay me in severance was taxed beyond belief. They never offered a lump sum package and they used tax loopholes to make my check half of what it should have been.
Not a good employee friendly company.
Pros
Cons
Bad management. Pay is awful
Great work environment/ Poor benefits
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MAApril 4, 2017
Entercom is a great company to work for and is an overall fun place to work with the laid back radio atmosphere. However, they need to upgrade their stance on employee benefits. They only offer 2 weeks vacation for the first 5 years no matter how long you have been working. Also, the sales staff is favored over other departments and generally gets to experience the real perks of working for Entercom.
Internship during my Undergraduate studies
Digital Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MAMarch 28, 2017
This was a marketing internship I took for credit while studying at Bentley University. It was a good learning experience of the marketing workplace for me and gave me exposure in the field.
Sales people run EVERYTHING
Digital Content Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 10, 2017
Pays next to nothing.

Everything you do is for the bottom line and you are a slave to the sales team.

A fun atmosphere with some cool benefits of working in the media industry, but this doesn't balance out the poor pay and unbalanced culture.
Pros
Free lunches, concert tickets, fun people
Cons
Sales-driven, poor management, barely any pay
Great employees difficult to advance in career
Promotions Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 26, 2017
Working for Entercom is a bittersweet experience. You are offered to be part of the best radio stations in the are; however, the corporate mentality drips down to the biggest and the least jobs in the office. This company focuses on the bottom line, but forgets to give credit to the people that make the company thrive. This mentality is carried down to each worker and mixes in with the work culture. Employees bond over their mutual disdain for day to day processes, but are ever hopeful for the right opportunity at the right time. For this reason, employees are close as radio family, but are fearful and paranoid of any potential coworker friend getting a step ahead, and thereby making their own position obsolete.

I would suggest any driven candidate looking to start a career in radio to consider Entercom, but to understand the considerable amount of time and passion required to be successful.
Decent Place to Work
Producer/Host (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYJanuary 21, 2017
Entercom has been a pretty decent place to work, however wages are extremely low and you wait a significant period of time to find out about promotions.
commission based only job
Senior Account Manager, WAAF/Entercom (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 7, 2016
selling radio was my first job out of school. 100 percent commission. spent 10 years at entercom and started out as a new salesperson and grew to the number one salesperson on the team.
Entercom
Promotion Director (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 26, 2016
Entercom demands hard work and talented people to execute top level media plans. Much more than the typical radio company. Entercom has embraced the future of online marketing and sales.
Not a good place to work
Digital Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 14, 2016
Under the Entercom Communications spawned SmartReach Digital, the business model was to leverage existing radio relationships to digital relationships and ultimately drive revenue...GREAT CONCEPT...POOR EXECUTION. It's a fledgling digital company trying to compete in the space with other well seasoned digital companies.Products suite is some of the best that i have seen in the space ...unfortunately the VP of Digital Sales is COMPLETELY incompetent, Director of Digital Sales is great... but is a yes man to the VP and won't stand up to him when needed..., in addition to being spread so thin, both completely DO NOT have their fingers on the pulse of the frontline sales managers. Several members of the digital agency have left because of the VP poor management style. He makes knee jerk reactions regarding product & process all to the entire companies detriment. Ready, FIRE...no aim. Under his leadership the company will fail..Local GM / Market Manager is COMPLETELY disengaged with the sales team....stays in his office most of the day and is one of the laziest GM's I have ever met. If you are trying to grow professionally...Run...don't walk, and stay far away from this company that is in its newborn stage.
Pros
Tasty Tuesday
Cons
Incompetence of senior leadership
Postive Environment
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 6, 2016
Entercom is home to 5 local radio brands and signature events. Working with cross functional teams can be challenging. The company continues to invest in people, but could use product enhancements.
Pros
Commuter Benefits, concert tickets
Cons
Demanding schedule
Overall good
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 14, 2016
It's a fun sales job for the most part. As long as you know what you're going in to, it's a great setting. Constant prospecting but a lot of freedom
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Tough industry
Horrible place to work
Promotions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 11, 2016
Very clicky. They never trained me. They just put me in the field and said go. No learning, no guidance. I wanted to gain some experience while I was still in college but all I got was a absent supervisor and a horrible team that could care less if you where there.
Poor Employee Appreciation but Overall not bad
Night Show Host (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 3, 2016
Poor Employee Appreciation but Overall not bad. You often work more than 40 hours a week with events and extras. Seniority seems to trump everything.
Great Co-Workers
SALES ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 17, 2016
Radio is an interesting industry - lots of pressure to make numbers in an evolving medium.
Poor internal communication in a business that depends on communication.

Entercom has some really amazing people supporting its incredible Sales team.

Compensation is the lowest of the 3 radio groups in town - it's impossible to attract and keep good people if they are not going to be compensated appropriately,
Pros
concert tickets, event tickets
Cons
pay rate, cost of living increase %