Entercom Communications Employee Reviews in United States

Overall good
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 14, 2016
It's a fun sales job for the most part. As long as you know what you're going in to, it's a great setting. Constant prospecting but a lot of freedom
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Tough industry
Horrible place to work
Promotions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 11, 2016
Very clicky. They never trained me. They just put me in the field and said go. No learning, no guidance. I wanted to gain some experience while I was still in college but all I got was a absent supervisor and a horrible team that could care less if you where there.
Poor Employee Appreciation but Overall not bad
Night Show Host (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 3, 2016
Poor Employee Appreciation but Overall not bad. You often work more than 40 hours a week with events and extras. Seniority seems to trump everything.
Great Co-Workers
SALES ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 17, 2016
Radio is an interesting industry - lots of pressure to make numbers in an evolving medium.
Poor internal communication in a business that depends on communication.

Entercom has some really amazing people supporting its incredible Sales team.

Compensation is the lowest of the 3 radio groups in town - it's impossible to attract and keep good people if they are not going to be compensated appropriately,
Pros
concert tickets, event tickets
Cons
pay rate, cost of living increase %
Great people to work with. Good management team
Customer Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 14, 2016
My roles as an Inside Sales Manager was to make calls to businesses in and around the markets I was assigned to. The main market I was in charge of was Boston. Other markets I worked on included Kansas City, MO and Madison WI.

I sold radio advertising for the local stations in each market over the phone. It taught me patience, resiliency and great communication. I learned that selling an idea to someone over the phone is much different than face to face.

I had a base salary of 25K but there were some compensation for closing deals for the company. It was a rewarding job because i felt a sense of accomplishment each time I was successful. The most rewarding part of the job was growth. I started off doing something that I was completely unfamiliar with but was able to improve as I worked hard and put the time in to learn from mistakes as well as successes.

Entercom was a great place for me to start my working life. However, there was not a lot of opportunity to move up in the company. Another thing that frustrated me was not being rewarded for being one of the best sellers in my department. The compensation for being successful was minimal.

I do not regret my time there but I am ready to take another step towards a more reliable and steady job. I want to learn new skills and be rewarded for how hard I work.
Worst job I have ever had
Media Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 17, 2015
Company was corrupt and there is favortism. Sales were difficult because prospects are limited. It's an old industry. The managers bothered me the most because they were so partial to some people and secretive. I felt like they were egotistic and didn't have many skills to back their big egos up.
Pros
Some nice people
Cons
Managers are jerks
Corporate Philiosophy
Sr. Advertising Executive (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 1, 2015
Entercom has a great corporate philosophy and finds way to be "green", giving back and having a positive impact on the community!
Pros
Attending many special events.
Cons
Healthcare
Productive and fun
Producer/Board Operator (Current Employee) –  Shawnee Mission, KSNovember 2, 2015
Relaxed environment most of the time. Tendency for high pressure situations that occur in spurts. People love their work.
Great Great Great Great Great
announcer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 2, 2015
Great company to work for, great benefits, professional environment, management is excellent, studio equipment in excellent condition. top notch. job skilled improved working with this company
lots of fun exclusive events you can attend
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 28, 2015
Entercom is a great place to gain experience and work hard. if you want to learn as much as possible, this is the place to go. although the environment is fun, advancement and compensation is extremely slow.
My easiest job in radio.
PT. Board Operator, WAXY (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 7, 2015
The company is a great place to work for. It build myself another name besides of me just working at the former company Clear Channel now iHeartMedia to my experience.
Pros
Working the overnight hours. Less people.
Cons
The distance of job in Miami.
found on-air position fun and exciting
on-air personality (Former Employee) –  Madison, WisconsinAugust 12, 2015
Looked over music log for airshift and organized CDs based on playlist. Able to display personality. Also, I got paid to run a weekly countdown show.
Pros
Pursuing my passion for music and radio.
Cons
Sometimes the overnight hours could be challenging.
Entercom Commincations (WSSP)
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 20, 2015
I was hired to launch WSSP. We did that about as text book as you could.

We did not have ratings success initially. Our issues were getting a foothold in the market after WTMJ has frozen us out of everything) and an established sports station at 1510.

Our attempts to up the profile of the brand failed significantly.

After the GM that hired me left after eight months, the DOS was promoted to GM. He decided we needed to start over rather than be patient.

Our morning show never developed, yet I was rebuffed when I wanted to make changes.

Lots of input from the outside. Once it appeared we were not moving the needle, everyone wanted to weigh in to try to fix it.
Pros
Incredibly professional environment with extremely talented people
Cons
New GM didn't get it
Who doesn't love Radio
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 7, 2015
Entercom Denver is a fast paced company in the Radio industry. Crazy fun talent to work with, always something going on. Management is supportive and open to new ideas.
Pros
Pool table, guest in house concerts, chances to see concerts throughout the city
Cons
401K match is terrible
A great place to work, with talented, energenic, and creative people.
Program Director/Talk Show Host (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAJune 29, 2015
Over the years I worked many shifts, but mainly morning drive. A typical day started with about 1-2 hours of show prep and production time for the show. As a manager, I would come in about 5-6 hours before airtime, to work on my other duties besides my program.

I learned during my time how to work with a diverse workforce, and it definitely made me more empathetic to the needs of others.

Management was always fair and truly had the employees best interests in decisions. My fellow employees were the best part of the job, as they were energetic and creative. Every day was an adventure.

The hardest part of the job was having to deal with doing more with less,

The best part of the job was communicating with the public and the feedback that you would get from them.
Pros
Employee functions, free tickets to sporting events and concerts, my fellow employees.
Cons
Downsizing and automation
Fun workplace with a few celebrities
On Air Personality (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 8, 2014
ideal workplace for the culture of life style i live. very upbeat and music oriented!!
great place to work.
Account Executive marketing & sales (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 30, 2014
long hours great pay. Meet all kinds of businesses and did a needs analyses of how they made money and how I can help them grow.
Pros
meet difernt people
Cons
no breaks.
cool job to have for someone getting into radio.
Promotions Team (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MAAugust 19, 2014
The staff are nice, and the events are fun. The best part is working at big events.
I haven't worked there in 8 years. I have no idea what it's like anymore.
Board Operator (Former Employee) –  Westwood, KSJuly 28, 2014
It was a fun work environment 8 years ago. The pay was bad but there were other perks like free concerts. Still, I couldn't really comment on how it is now.
Pros
free concerts! flexibility!
Cons
awful pay
Fun atmosphere, creative, potential to earn as hard as you work.
Marketing / Outside Sales / Radio Sales (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAJuly 5, 2014
Tough gig but if you have the time and creativity and passion--you will be a top-seller!

2.9