Entercom Communications Employee Reviews

Entercom Commincations (WSSP)
Program Director (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Incredibly professional environment with extremely talented people
Cons: New GM didn't get it
I was hired to launch WSSP. We did that about as text book as you could.

We did not have ratings success initially. Our issues were getting a foothold in the market after WTMJ has frozen us out of everything) and an established sports station at 1510.

Our attempts to up the profile of the brand failed significantly.

After the GM that hired me left after eight months, the DOS was promoted to GM. He decided we needed to start over rather than be patient.

Our morning show never developed, yet I was rebuffed when I wanted to make changes.

Lots of input from the outside. Once it appeared we were not moving the needle, everyone wanted to weigh in to try to fix it.
Who doesn't love Radio
IT Specialist (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Pool table, guest in house concerts, chances to see concerts throughout the city
Cons: 401K match is terrible
Entercom Denver is a fast paced company in the Radio industry. Crazy fun talent to work with, always something going on. Management is supportive and open to new ideas.
A great place to work, with talented, energenic, and creative people.
Program Director/Talk Show Host (Former Employee), Pittston, PAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Employee functions, free tickets to sporting events and concerts, my fellow employees.
Cons: Downsizing and automation
Over the years I worked many shifts, but mainly morning drive. A typical day started with about 1-2 hours of show prep and production time for the show. As a manager, I would come in about 5-6 hours before airtime, to work on my other duties besides my program.

I learned during my time how to work with a diverse workforce, and it definitely made me more empathetic to the needs of others.

Management was always fair and truly had the employees best interests in decisions. My fellow employees were the best part of the job, as they were energetic and creative. Every day was an adventure.

The hardest part of the job was having to deal with doing more with less,

The best part of the job was communicating with the public and the feedback that you would get from them.
Fun workplace with a few celebrities
On Air Personality (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VANovember 8, 2014
ideal workplace for the culture of life style i live. very upbeat and music oriented!!
great place to work.
Account Executive marketing & sales (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: meet difernt people
Cons: no breaks.
long hours great pay. Meet all kinds of businesses and did a needs analyses of how they made money and how I can help them grow.
cool job to have for someone getting into radio.
Promotions Team (Former Employee), Brighton, MAAugust 19, 2014
The staff are nice, and the events are fun. The best part is working at big events.
I haven't worked there in 8 years. I have no idea what it's like anymore.
Board Operator (Former Employee), Westwood, KSJuly 28, 2014
Pros: free concerts! flexibility!
Cons: awful pay
It was a fun work environment 8 years ago. The pay was bad but there were other perks like free concerts. Still, I couldn't really comment on how it is now.
Fun atmosphere, creative, potential to earn as hard as you work.
Marketing / Outside Sales / Radio Sales (Former Employee), Pittston, PAJuly 5, 2014
Tough gig but if you have the time and creativity and passion--you will be a top-seller!
Fun place to work
Promotions Associate (Former Employee), Brighton, MAJune 24, 2014
Pros: awesome co-workers, meeting local celebs, cool events
Cons: low wages
I worked as an intern and then as a full-time employee at Entercom Communications in the Business Development and Promotions departments. There was no such thing as a "typical day" at Entercom because I was always tasked different and exciting projects by my awesome managers. One day I could be out working a promotional event with a few Red Sox players, and another day I could be writing radio copy for a new client; needless to say, I was always learning and having fun. My co-workers were hands down what made me stay for so long with this company, and with such little pay. We were a team that worked together, accomplished our goals together and had each others backs. I only wish the radio industry paid their employees "behind the scenes" more than the actual talent because I would have gladly stayed with a career in this field.
i love it
DJ Hypeman (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMay 2, 2014
Pros: get to learn new things
Cons: have non
well i learned how to be patient and how to work as a team... also learned how to help customers fast and make sure everybody is happy
good work environment
Account Executive (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 30, 2014
great people to work for
perks such as taking clients to various sporting events such as Oakland A's, Raiders and San Jose Sharks games
sales atmosphere with experienced sellers who were willing to help younger account executives
Fun times!
Account Executive (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 13, 2014
Pros: free food! yay!
Cons: stressful at times
Generally, a fun place to work! Management (for the most part) is good and the people in promotions AND the office and pretty laid back and friendly.
Great atmosphere, great talent, but tough place
Assistant Program Director (Former Employee), Rochester, NYFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: live and local opportunities, progressive on air strategies
Cons: negotiations, money, and bonus structre
Entercom believes in live and local talent, which is a major plus in an industry that has eliminated so much of it. They give you opportunities to grow, if earned, and have very smart people to help you do so.

They're biggest downfall is pay. They tend to nickel and dime programming staff, not only locally but from corporate as well. Their on air bonus structure is probably a good business idea, but can be very difficult for the employee.They also are very difficult to negotiate with, often presenting take it or leave it scenarios. Again, probably a good business model, but it's very tough on employees.
Fast-Paced Media Workplace
Radio Show Producer/Control Board Operator (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 15, 2013
I have been with Entercom as well as other ownership companies of the radio stations that I've been employed by for 15 years. A typical day at work involved setting up various computer and digital radio equipment to coordinate, to oversee, and to execute various elements involved in the stations' programming. I've learned that this work atmosphere centered on particular attention to detail, was very time-sensitive, and required cooperation between various colleagues. Management and colleagues were mostly cordial; however, some often lacked the courtesy to stay in verbal communication with me about certain aspects of the job and totally relied on e-mail as the primary means of communication. While e-mail is a necessary tool, personal communication is equally needed to reinforce significant aspects of the job. Hence, compromised communication and lack of being informed about important work-related issues were two challenges that I encountered with the job while the most enjoyable portions included being able to accommodate the hosts (talent) and making their programs/shows sound orderly and professional on the air.
Horrible Place to Work!!
Sales Account Executive (Former Employee), Pittston, PAJuly 7, 2013
Management lies, no formal training program, poor environment.
Productive workplace with clear goals.
Technical Producer (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJune 13, 2013
Pros: most job-related activities are extremely self-regulated.
Responsibilities include maintaining program/commercial log, scheduling recordings, working with show hosts, and handling listener calls.
Fun workplace with a ton of learning potential, but the low salaries make it difficult to make a living
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 29, 2013
Entercom has allowed me to learn and grow as a young professional in the media and advertising industries as I have worked in various positions throughout the company. I have learned about the sales process of selling radio and digital advertising as well as the coordination of every aspect of marketing campaigns. I am accustomed to scheduling advertising flights, designing sales proposals, handling paperwork, and many other tasks such as updating revenue reports and organizing monthly expense reports. My co-workers are very fun to work with and almost always willing to help each other out with any work related issues.
Poor management with poor compensation
Account Executive (Former Employee), Pittston, PaFebruary 27, 2013
Limited compensation, poor management, and little opportunity to advance.
Wilks
Kansas City Limits (Director), Promotions (Current Employee), Kansas CityDecember 26, 2012
I learned the proper way & the not so proper to do things. I had the chance to work with some great people and some not so great people, but you find that in every gig. It is also how you learn more about yourself and how you want to treat people.
Fun and challenging job
Account Executive (Current Employee), Kansas CitySeptember 24, 2012
Pros: freedom, fun workplace, great managers, tickets to concerts and sports events
Cons: very hard to succeed, no room for advancement
This job is the most rewarding job I have ever had. Sales is a very tough business and radio sales might be the toughest of them all, but if you can succeed selling it then you could sell anything. This job requires a lot of hard work and cold calling. The goal is to continually generate new business which after time might start to look like a never ending battle, but you get out of it what you put in to it. The hardest part of this job is staying positive. Being told no is something you have to get used to. The management and the co-workers are absolutely the greatest part of this company. Everyone is there to help you succeed and become a better salesman. The work environment is a very fun and friendly environment. Not the typical dry business environment many people expect.