Entergy Employee Reviews

great company
Computer Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJanuary 17, 2017
Entergy is very professional and a great company to work for. The employees are treated fairly and the benefits are great.
Busy place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJanuary 10, 2017
I liked working for Entergy because I stayed busy on the phones, I would answer 150+ calls a day in regards to billing, collection, outages, and how-to's. I learned how to save on my electric bill while working for this company.
Providing Safe & Reliable Power
Procurement Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 7, 2017
At Entergy, delivering safe, reliable power is the essential goals in all phases of the company. Employees put forth immense time and effort to ensure customers and stakeholders are properly satisfied in all facets of Entergy's daily services.
lay back
Autocad Drafter/ Designer I (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, LA 70121January 4, 2017
very productive and calm place to work, every one is very friendly and help. There is really nothing to complain about. The work load is never to much or to little, very steady.
Good til the last drop
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 26, 2016
Great as long as your needed. As long as your job is needed your needed, when it's not, your not. No transitioning help either, unfortunately.
Great job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  MississippiDecember 24, 2016
Nothing negative to say about this company ,if i had more time to spend with my family, i would still be employed. The work enivironment was good but other employees treated security personnel really bad it was like we weren' t suppose to be working on this hob with them and that's the truth.
Pros
The pay was good
Cons
No time to be with your family.
Big Company in a Small City
Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 20, 2016
Great Salary for the area. Workplace is hit and miss depending on the group you are in. Alternating Fridays Off is a huge plus. Bonus structure in place is a nice incentive to stay.
Pros
Salary/Alternating Friday Off
Cons
Not much Social Interaction
Nice environment.. First time working in a call center
Customer Service Agent - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 2, 2016
First time working in a call center. It was a Monday through Friday job. 8 am to 5 pm. It's was contract to permanent. Weekly pay.. Great benefits
heavy turnover rate
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 26, 2016
heavy turnover rate - unfriendly environment - company likes to over work you - departments are unorganized - hard to find parking
Pros
woodlands
Cons
heavy turnover rate
n/a
Utility Fraud Investigator (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, LANovember 15, 2016
A typical work day is 7am-4:30pm. Most of my learning was on the job. I prefer not to comment on management and co-workers. I do not consider any part of my job as being hard. The most enjoyable part of my job is being employed.

Want to know more about Entergy?

Ask a question
A great place to work with wonder staff and co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 5, 2016
Entergy is a great place to work with plenty of opportunities for advancement. They have exceptional training, and floor support during your first two weeks on the phone. Management is caring and make the environment fun. Everyone is kind, and a pleasure to be around. The pay is also very good, with excellent overtime opportunities and plenty of bonuses.
Pros
Good training, great people, warm environment, great pay
Cons
Customers on the phone can be hostilel
Looking for better opportunities
Licensed Reactor Operator (Current Employee) –  Port Gibson, MSOctober 29, 2016
I am currently looking for new challenges and better opportunities to further my career and quality of life. I have reached the glass ceiling in my current position.
Company feed us very well.
Data Entry Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 25, 2016
This was also a great company to work for. Even though I was a contract worker, I was treated as if I was an Entergy Employee. They feed us least once are twice a week, and it was some very delicious food.
Pros
They were close every holiday.
Cons
Could not Monday are Friday off.
About Entergy
Shipping Receiving Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAOctober 8, 2016
Greatest Company to work for. The CEO to Management on all levels are the very productive individuals who care about the Company and its workers. The number one entity with Entergy is people.
Pros
Effective in all levels
Cons
no comment
Work you like slaves
Supervisor in Supply chain (Current Employee) –  Nuclear PlantOctober 7, 2016
Treat people horribly. If you are salaried they inform you they will work you as many hours as they need. On call once a month and restricted to a distance not more then 30 mins from the plant. On call has just become and extension of work hours and for no extra pay. I would not recommend anyone taking a job at one of their Nuclear plants.
Pros
If you can stand it you have a job
Cons
to many to list
Very busy call center
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 15, 2016
Working for Entergy Services was a good learning experience. On a normal day I may answer between 150-200 calls. My supervisor was very straight forward about her expectations and what was required of us on the daily basis. If there was anything she could do to help anyone she would. As a floor walker I dealt with several people and different personalities each and every day. The best part of my job is knowing that I was able to help and satisfy majority of my customers and my fellow co workers.
Productive and interesting place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 17, 2016
It's an 8 hour day, there are times when it's very busy with 30 minute lunches . You meet great people. The hardest part is staying on the phone and are given time for breaks and lunches.
Pros
The management and co-workers are great to work with.Good Benefits. Off on weekends and holidays.
Cons
Call volume can be extremely high. Hard to move up. No overtime
Industry leader in nuclear power production.
PME First Line Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Killona, LAAugust 12, 2016
Entergy is a large utility that provides electric energy needs to the mid-south and north-east. As part of their diversified generation strategy, Entergy operates a large fleet of nuclear power plants that have a history of solid and profitable performance. I re-joined Entergy in 2014 after a rewarding 23 year career at Exelon. Prior to Exelon, I was with Entergy as a maintenance electrician. I joined Exelon as a maintenance electrician and spent 23 years there developing my knowledge and skills. I subsequently rose to the supervisory level and decided to return to Entergy where there was a need for my supervisory skills. I currently supervise an in-house crew of over 20 skilled electrical technicians in daily nuclear power plant maintenance activities. There are multiple engineering and safety requirements that must be met in each activity and I ensure that my direct reports are meeting all of the associated challenges. All personnel in the organization are highly skilled and dedicated to safe and reliable power production. I currently have a dedicated and caring superintendent that I report to, who also recently joined Entergy, from Exelon.
While I currently enjoy my role as a maintenance supervisor at a nuclear power plant, I have become aware that I would like to pursue another industry. I know that my experience and my technical knowledge will allow me to fill a myriad of positions in the technical and industrial environment.
Pros
Challenging environment where skills are honed and crucial decisions are continuously made.
Cons
The same process for over 25 years. I seek a new path.
Great place to work,took care of me for 26 years.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Buchanan, NYJuly 30, 2016
Same as above,great people got along with everyone to include coworkers and supervision. Loved going to work everyday greeting and working with so many different people over the years. The training I went through included classroom and on the job training being there was so much to learn and enjoyed it emencely.
Pros
All of it, learned a lot over the years.
Cons
N/A
Customer Contact Representative-CCR (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 24, 2016
Entergy is a good company to work for, with ample opportunities to advance and succeed. The aren't irrational and can be met as long as you do what you are supposed to be doing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Entergy. Our community is ready to answer.