Entergy

Entergy Employer Reviews

productive nice size break room
Meter Reader (Former Employee), baton rouge, laOctober 1, 2014
great work environment great balance with work and presonal life
Busy Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2014
Sign customers up for Electricity handled any other inquiries customer would have about there light bill.
Very Productive work atomsphere
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee), Jackson, MSSeptember 24, 2014
I love working here I am just ready for advancement that I cant not see here. The work day is a typical
I enjoyed working at Entergy
Senior Systems Analyst / Team Lead (Former Employee), Pine Bluff, ARSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: flexibility and working relationships
Cons: downsizing
I had very close working relationships with all the people I worked with. I was able to learn a lot of technical skills, and it was a very flexible environment. We had fun working.
There is job security however it is very difficult to advance
Web Account Management Team Leader (Current Employee), West Monroe, LAAugust 31, 2014
Pros: unlimited overtimeif you are hourly
Cons: no room for advancement
Great company to work for in regards to pay and benefits. Storm duty is a must anytime there are hurricanes or ice storms,
Great Place to work, and great people to work with.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: great location, fun people
Here I learned more about the workings of electricity and how to stay safe. There were many safety and training tips that were learned for the workplace as well as at home. A typical days work was spent organizing meetings, doing reports and doing data entry for employees that had completed specific course training.

Management and co-workers were always – more... professional and easy to work with and we were a team. – less
Challenging work under challenging conditions.
Lead System Engineer (Current Employee), Port Gibson, MSAugust 1, 2014
Pros: safe place to work
Cons: poor balance between home and work
Interesting and challenging work tasks under a variety of conditions. Compensation is fair but work environment is demanding.
Challenging
ALARA, Supervisor & Tech, Trainer, QA Inspector (Current Employee), Russellville, ARJuly 15, 2014
I had the opportunity to work in several areas at the plant. This included Radiation Protection, ALARA, Training, Emergency Planning, and Quality Assurance.
Very physical
Meter Reader (Former Employee), Amite, LAJune 20, 2014
Typical day at work involves person walking and driving.
Learning is a daily activity in which each employer will discover is fun. Management sometimes is absent, but with the request of supervision, there is great communication. Co-workers are all assigned tasks and are not always visible to each co-worker. Hardest part of the job is being physical. – more... It requires walking, assertiveness, and running from dogs sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job is ensuring all assigned tasks are complete. – less
super company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXJune 19, 2014
Pros: great company all around
Cons: evacuating with the company instead of family, it had to downsize like most businesses today
Entergy is a great company to work for. The benefits are great. A spirit of team player is always encouraged. Managers work with you. Diversity and inclusion are promoted. Safety is enforced in a big way.The company does what it preaches. Pay is great. In some parts of the company overtime is necessary which I wasn't so big on. Also, if there's a threat – more... of hurricanes and storms local or out of state some people may have to be with the company instead of family during that time which is undesirable. Some of it is understandable. Comes with the business. As does downsizing. I enjoyed helping our customers. The company trains you well. – less
Call center
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJune 9, 2014
Pros: offered overtime.
Cons: clocking in system. only have one for the deptarment, and could not clock in 60 secs late at any time.
After clocking in we had 5 minutes to get to our desk and log into 8 different systems. The little time I spent on the phones was what we called "outage and emergency" which was when the customers were calling in to report their power being out due to storm or other incidents. The management team seemed unorganized and unsure how to run the department. – more... The hardest part about working for this company was learning the important laws in Arkansas, since they were different from the other states that were serviced. I really enjoyed the people I worked with. We all had fun when we took breaks from being on the phones and learning our jobs. – less
Customer service
Customer service representative (Current Employee), Jackson, MSJune 2, 2014
Pros: employees
Cons: mandatory overtime as well as late hours
Enjoyable work environment. Long hours and good food, low moral but the customers make it fun!
Enjoyable place to work.
Communication Serviceman (Current Employee), TexasMay 19, 2014
I enjoy working at Entergy, just not sure where the company is going.
Great Experience
Senior Associate Analyst (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMay 6, 2014
Pros: great benefits including the 9/80 work schedule to full-time employee.
Excellent place to work.

The company is very sensitive to the employee's need when to come to Life and Work Balance.

Co-workers were easy to get alone with and managers are fair in providing opportunties for those that want to advance.
Worked on the 22nd floor redesigning new software, address correction, and US Postal.
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMay 3, 2014
Pros: downtown little rock
Cons: instability and no job growth
The job wasnt bad at all. I was worried that the project we were all hired to do would run out soon. I began a new job search.

Number one in Safety
Administrative Assistant/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Entergy, LouisianaApril 4, 2014
Handling customer complaints, scheduling installations of meters, and conducting safety meetings. What I like about this job the most is the interaction with the customers.
Multi-talented workforce
Continuous Improvement Coordinator (Former Employee), Port Gibson, MSMarch 11, 2014
Working at Entergy fulfilled my lifetime dream, to work at a fortune 500 company. Entergy provided the opportunity to get involved with a diverse group of people.
Good work/life balance and compansation
Associate Accountant (Former Employee), Hammond LAFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: work scheduled to allow every other friday off
Cons: nepotisim
This company does provide a good balance of work/life with every other Friday off and seems to be above in compensation level.

However, the managers do not seem to have the best interest of all employees in mind. Several hire only friends or friends of friends.
Good pay. Good place to work
System Telecommunications Man (Former Employee), Jackson, MSFebruary 20, 2014
Lot of driving. Went all over state repairing telecommunications equipment.
Entergy is a good company to work for.
Health Physics Specialist (Current Employee), Port Gibson, MSFebruary 15, 2014
I want to stay in the industry because I like what I do. I moved here to take this job from S.C. My fathers health is failing and I am ready to come back home.

1 2 3 4

About Entergy

Entergy New Orleans lights up the path for the unsteady, libation-influenced patrons of Bourbon Street and others in the Crescent – Read more