Entergy

Entergy Employer Reviews

the work place is horrible
customer contact rep (Current Employee), jackson, msMarch 4, 2015
the management is not helpful they are very rude.
a typical day at entergy is not worth the commute.
the atmosphere is bland.
underground lineman/ meter reader (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: work enviroment
Cons: started to contract work out
Well compensated,vacation,sick leave paid.Excellent benefits Worker always came first..safety mattered Able to advanced in the comp
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Agent III (Former Employee), ArkansasFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: mon-fri workdays
Cons: stressful
Extremely busy and stressful Call Center great team members great benefits great potlucks non labor type job climate control job
Large professional organization.
Senior Scheduler (Former Employee), Vernon, VTFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: 401k match, good people, gifts
Cons: uncertainty of continued employment.
Entergy is a professional organization that strives to be efficient, work in a safe environment while trying to allow its' employees to have a balance life.
Fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), West Monroe, LAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: free lunches, lots of overtime
Cons: the required overtime on mondays, the mandatory 12 - 16 hour days
This location was a very fast paced environment. Assisting customers with electricity issues and bills required a lot of patience but with a limited time slot to solve the problems. The co-workers were wonderful and got along well. The hardest part of the job was when customers did not want to talk to you and demanded a supervisor, but a supervisor told you to handle the call.
its ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jackson, MSFebruary 4, 2015
its an ok place to work, not much goes on but taking calls and laughing at customers who try to get over on the system. sometimes it is nerve wrecking but pay is shi*y, and you got paid weekly.
Entergy was a great company to work for.
Sr. Business Analysis (Former Employee), United StatesJanuary 7, 2015
My work began with opportunities and challenges, and a organized scheduled for success. Everyday was a new learning experience in the IT world. My co-working were on the same mission as myself. We worked well together, planned to meet established goals that aligned with the operation of business.

I loved my job and the customers I served in MS, LA, TX, and AR.
good place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARNovember 9, 2014
get to work, get my coffee and get to desk to get ready for a day. Love a challenge because it makes you think. I am a people person and like to get along with people. I am a show me person rather than putting directions on paper.

The hardest part of the job is making sure that I do things correctly to please my boss as well as my co-worker. This makes me feel that we are in unison.
The enjoyable part is having fun and no stress on the job.
productive nice size break room
Meter Reader (Former Employee), baton rouge, laOctober 1, 2014
great work environment great balance with work and presonal life
Busy Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2014
Sign customers up for Electricity handled any other inquiries customer would have about there light bill.
Very Productive work atomsphere
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee), Jackson, MSSeptember 24, 2014
I love working here I am just ready for advancement that I cant not see here. The work day is a typical
I enjoyed working at Entergy
Senior Systems Analyst / Team Lead (Former Employee), Pine Bluff, ARSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: flexibility and working relationships
Cons: downsizing
I had very close working relationships with all the people I worked with. I was able to learn a lot of technical skills, and it was a very flexible environment. We had fun working.
There is job security however it is very difficult to advance
Web Account Management Team Leader (Current Employee), West Monroe, LAAugust 31, 2014
Pros: unlimited overtimeif you are hourly
Cons: no room for advancement
Great company to work for in regards to pay and benefits. Storm duty is a must anytime there are hurricanes or ice storms,
Great Place to work, and great people to work with.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: great location, fun people
Here I learned more about the workings of electricity and how to stay safe. There were many safety and training tips that were learned for the workplace as well as at home. A typical days work was spent organizing meetings, doing reports and doing data entry for employees that had completed specific course training.

Management and co-workers were always professional and easy to work with and we were a team.
Challenging work under challenging conditions.
Lead System Engineer (Current Employee), Port Gibson, MSAugust 1, 2014
Pros: safe place to work
Cons: poor balance between home and work
Interesting and challenging work tasks under a variety of conditions. Compensation is fair but work environment is demanding.
Challenging
ALARA, Supervisor & Tech, Trainer, QA Inspector (Current Employee), Russellville, ARJuly 15, 2014
I had the opportunity to work in several areas at the plant. This included Radiation Protection, ALARA, Training, Emergency Planning, and Quality Assurance.
Very physical
Meter Reader (Former Employee), Amite, LAJune 20, 2014
Typical day at work involves person walking and driving.
Learning is a daily activity in which each employer will discover is fun. Management sometimes is absent, but with the request of supervision, there is great communication. Co-workers are all assigned tasks and are not always visible to each co-worker. Hardest part of the job is being physical. It requires walking, assertiveness, and running from dogs sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job is ensuring all assigned tasks are complete.
super company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXJune 19, 2014
Pros: great company all around
Cons: evacuating with the company instead of family, it had to downsize like most businesses today
Entergy is a great company to work for. The benefits are great. A spirit of team player is always encouraged. Managers work with you. Diversity and inclusion are promoted. Safety is enforced in a big way.The company does what it preaches. Pay is great. In some parts of the company overtime is necessary which I wasn't so big on. Also, if there's a threat of hurricanes and storms local or out of state some people may have to be with the company instead of family during that time which is undesirable. Some of it is understandable. Comes with the business. As does downsizing. I enjoyed helping our customers. The company trains you well.
Call center
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJune 9, 2014
Pros: offered overtime.
Cons: clocking in system. only have one for the deptarment, and could not clock in 60 secs late at any time.
After clocking in we had 5 minutes to get to our desk and log into 8 different systems. The little time I spent on the phones was what we called "outage and emergency" which was when the customers were calling in to report their power being out due to storm or other incidents. The management team seemed unorganized and unsure how to run the department. The hardest part about working for this company was learning the important laws in Arkansas, since they were different from the other states that were serviced. I really enjoyed the people I worked with. We all had fun when we took breaks from being on the phones and learning our jobs.
Customer service
Customer service representative (Current Employee), Jackson, MSJune 2, 2014
Pros: employees
Cons: mandatory overtime as well as late hours
Enjoyable work environment. Long hours and good food, low moral but the customers make it fun!

1 2 3 4

About Entergy

Entergy New Orleans lights up the path for the unsteady, libation-influenced patrons of Bourbon Street and others in the Crescent – Read more

Entergy Salaries