Entergy Employee Reviews in United States

Good
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 21, 2016
I enjoy working with this company. Great environment. Nice people. Safety First. Be on time. This job gives us lunch when we have to stay over. Great way to build customer interaction.
Good
Excellent company to work for.
Field Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Killona, LAJune 21, 2016
Entergy is first about personal safety. Safety is the first thing that is discussed in ALL meetings. I worked for Entergy as a full time employee from 1991 to 2005 and then as a contractor from 2009 to the present. From 2005 to 2009 I left the company to pursue self employment in the oil field. As one would expect, Entergy Nuclear South demands your best work as nuclear is a special and unique power source. Entergy employs behavioral based management style - Correct the behavior and you will get the expected results. Some of the smartest people I have ever worked with.
High turn over rate
Customer Service Represenative (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAJune 18, 2016
If you're looking for a paycheck ,cool job, but security and management that understands you this place is not it . Horrible job
Pros
Cons
everything
Good Place to work
Non-Certified Operator (Former Employee) –  Vernon, VTJune 10, 2016
Every one was great to work with in the plant!
A relaxed atmosphere you can always say what's on your mind.
If you think a change in the way you work might help, people do listen what you are saying.
Entergy was a very excellent place to work. The company excellent industrial training and knowledge about the electrical industry.
Plant Modification and Construction Asst. (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 17, 2016
Entergy provided the opportunity to work in a professional environment while learning how to perform many task in many different departments. Opportunities to be promoted to management were there, but when Entergy merge with Gulf States Utilities they laid off thousands of GSU workers.

Performing in operations and carrying out administrative responsibilities that managed several departments gave me the experience needed to professional manager,

Operating all systems needed to produce electricity in the fossil and nuclear plant environments entailed project management skills for new construction projects. Establishing budgets, schedules, ordering and tracking materials, implementing problem solving methods, and man hours etc.. was learned and needed to perform daily task.

Twelve years of knowledge and experience in that professional work environment gives me the background needed to be a good asset to any professional, progressive company.
Pros
Full time work, great benefits, excellent work environment, and competitive wages.
Cons
Wasted training and knowldge of industry and opportunity for a career.
Cool, Easy Job
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 15, 2016
The job is fairly easy. The job just doesn't pay enough for the load of work, and dealing with the different attitudes from the irate customers. The job could pay more money to avoid a high turn over rate.
Pros
Hour lunch breaks, Monday- Friday no weekends
Cons
Limited bathroom breaks, no use of cell phone, dark rooms
stable place to work, until just recently
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXApril 27, 2016
good up until recently, new management shaking things up (spring 2016), moved my (and many others) job to woodlands, I won't/can't relocate...you know the story.
Operations leads the way
Senior Operator & Fire Brigade Leader (Current Employee) –  Vernon, VTApril 25, 2016
Entergy Vermont Yankee is a great place to work, at least until it gets fully decommissioned. Middle management was great at being professional but still courteous towards union employees.
Pros
Better pay than local jobs
Cons
Low pay compared to the rest of the fleet
A prodctive where you work at your pace....
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 16, 2016
During my time at Entergy, I learned my city where better than I did before,you be to yourself when you working in different neighborhoods,the management is ok depending on who is leading it,the hardest part of the day was starting the route,the most enjoyable day was when it was time to be off.....
Pros
know one on your back
Cons
dogs, spiders, rude customers
Challenging workplace - highly regulated environment
Radwaste Operator (Former Employee) –  Covert, MIApril 16, 2016
The nuclear business is challenging, yet rewarding financially. The regulatory environment can be cumbersome at times, but necessary for the safe operation of the plant. The people I worked with were smart, and for the most part friendly, and always appreciative of a dedicated work ethic.
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Cons
Cumbersome processes and procedures.
na
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 5, 2016
unorganized termporary dint rellay like that job but I stayed until my assignment ended...Mon-Fri I enjoyed that part
A new experience at the time that taught me very well.
SECURITY SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Saint Francisville, LAMarch 29, 2016
The work experience was nice I meet a lot of different and diverse people. The educational part as far as training was right in line with our work task. my daily task included monitoring people and the overall property of the client.
Pros
Great training and wonderful people.
Cons
No real breaks just get one whenever you could.
Great Work Environment
Generation Planning & Modeling Sr. Engineer (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 28, 2016
Great Work Environment. Great people within the company. Good job culture. Management is very friendly. Great company to work at.
Challenging work environment that keeps your problem solving skills sharp
Instruments and Controls Technician (Current Employee) –  Lycoming, NYMarch 15, 2016
Co-workers seem more like family in this type of work place as we are together in what can be stressful environments for extended periods of time.

On the job training complimented with many classroom/lab sessions given to all maintenance personnel in order to achieve quality training and proficiency of workers. Training program follows a New York State apprenticeship structure which upon completion certifies an individual with a Journeyman Technician certificate after a designated amount of hours on the job.

Challenged on a daily basis with keeping aging and out of date equipment functioning properly

Structured work environment with daily challenges leading to teamwork and problem solving to complete the task under the guidelines and time frames set by the Federal Government.
Pros
Problem solving environment keeps job exciting and different
Cons
Closing down my plant due to economic problems with NYS electrical grid market structure
I did my job but it was cut short.
Facility Cooridinator (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAMarch 11, 2016
I guess doing youre job sometimes is not enough.I went out of my way to make sure I was around for awhile but it seems they wanted people that was not suited for the job.
Unsafe
Operations (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYMarch 9, 2016
Currently operates the three worst ran (INPO Column 4) nuclear stations in the country which demonstrates their lack of commitment to nuclear safety.
Cons
unsafe work environment
Handling Irate customers
CSR III (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 21, 2016
I have learned how to listen to the customers even when they are irate. The most enjoyable part of my job at entergy was when I can calm them down and satisfy there needs and they hang up happy.
Pros
incentves
Cons
30 min lunches
Call center environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE GC SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 5, 2016
Anyone that has worked at a call center knows exaclty what Im talking about. Nothing new, same old stuff. Youve worked one you've worked em all.
Best place I ever worked
Substation Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 2, 2016
Besides the salary, which was low, this company was great in every aspect. I would work here again if I ever had the opportunity.
Entergy is a safety oriented company committed to each other and the customers.
Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 24, 2016
Entergy Ms Inc., has been a great experience for me while providing a fun, welcoming work environment with challenging projects dealing with power systems focusing on substation operations.