Entergy

Entergy Employer Reviews

Multi-talented workforce
Continuous Improvement Coordinator (Former Employee), Port Gibson, MSMarch 11, 2014
Working at Entergy fulfilled my lifetime dream, to work at a fortune 500 company. Entergy provided the opportunity to get involved with a diverse group of people.
Good work/life balance and compansation
Associate Accountant (Former Employee), Hammond LAFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: work scheduled to allow every other friday off
Cons: nepotisim
This company does provide a good balance of work/life with every other Friday off and seems to be above in compensation level.

However, the managers do not seem to have the best interest of all employees in mind. Several hire only friends or friends of friends.
Good pay. Good place to work
System Telecommunications Man (Former Employee), Jackson, MSFebruary 20, 2014
Lot of driving. Went all over state repairing telecommunications equipment.
Entergy is a good company to work for.
Health Physics Specialist (Current Employee), Port Gibson, MSFebruary 15, 2014
I want to stay in the industry because I like what I do. I moved here to take this job from S.C. My fathers health is failing and I am ready to come back home.
A good company to work for but reorganization of company did not use job knowledge or skills but who you know
Customer Service (Former Employee), Conroe, TxFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: working outside, every day was different
I loved my job at Entergy it was the job I always wanted from the first time I stared working at Entergy in the customer service department. Every day was different, I worked outside, under little managment. Very good pay. The hardest part of my job was when they did away with my department
decent pay with good work life balance
Analyst (Current Employee), TexasFebruary 4, 2014
Pay is decent and working conditions are fairly good. Management does not seem to have a clear vision of the future of the business. Coworkers are generally pleasant. The most enjoyable part is the balance of work and life. The least enjoyable is the mundane tasks and not feeling like you are part of something big or the bottom line.
Excellent training and position placement opportunities
Adm Asst/Office Manager (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 25, 2014
Multi-tasking was a daily challenge. As the job changed various skill training was accomplished. Management and co-workers were supportive and became like family. The hardest part of the job was the challenge of prioritizing work to accomplish work assignments. The most enjoyable part of the job was making new acquaintenances and learning new skills.
Good People to work with
Instructor - Operator Maintenance Workshops (Current Employee), AKJanuary 17, 2014
I spent a month at their gas plant and everyone was well versed at their job and were a great bunch to work with.
The client held "town hall" like meetings regularly to keep all employees informed on outage. Very safety oriented.
Assistant Business Manager (Former Employee), Killona, LAJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: milestone lunches. team atmosphere.
Cons: location, location. summers in south louisiana are brutal.
The Entergy plant was doing a steam generator replacement. An amazing feat of engineering and planning. It was a great experience. The client was upfront with expectations and with all information on the current status of plant operations.
A close knit (family like) place to work in a team environment
SENIOR ACCOUNT CLERK (Former Employee), Hammond, LAJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: when work was heavy(monday & day after holidays), we were given free lunch & flexibility of alternate friday's off
Cons: distance traveled
Learned to operate as a team and drive for good results to meet the goals and measurements of the department. The most enjoyable part of the job is where we assisted one another who may have been weak in areas of performance and it was done out of our of care and concern. Another enjoyable part of the job was that the work schedule was flexible. We – more... were allowed to give feedback to improve or increase the departments goals. We operated in a friendly, family like environment. We were allowed to work independently but always kept in mind the importance of customer service, customer requests and customer satisfaction. Along with that, we were mindful of the compliance to the company's policies and procedures. – less
Reasonable benefits and complesation , good old boy atmosphere
Capital Project Controls Manager (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TxDecember 30, 2013
Pros: 9/80 work week, retirement plan as well as 401k
Cons: promotion not based on effort or proformance.
Entergy has a reasonable work atmosphere which promotes safety and diversity. Job work and life balance is good as well as the compensation and benefits. Company has recently gone through a re-organization which also reduced the work force. The re-organization was suppose to align skills and experience with the new organizations needs, but in the end – more... it was not what you knew or your capabilities but who you knew. Management is very short sighted and do not work to know or understand their employees. It is disappointing that management does not take advantage of the internal resources they have available to them. – less
Not your typical corporate office.
Senior Communications Specialist (Former Employee), New Orleans, LADecember 16, 2013
Entergy is a fully intergrated utulity of 13000 employees serving 28 million customers in New Orleans, South East Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas and Mississippi.
Learned how to work with all types of people
Senior Analyst (Former Employee), Jackson, MSDecember 10, 2013
Excellent co-workers and managers. Learned extensive technical skills. Enjoyed working with call center analytics and performance metrics. The hardest part of the job was extended 14 hour days during storms. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with all types of people from management, call center reps, to customers.
Good company to work for
Senior Reactor Operator (Former Employee), Lycoming, NYOctober 24, 2013
They treat their employees fairly. The nuclear industry has a ton of regulations which makes getting work done difficult sometimes. However, these regulations are necessary.

Paperwork can be burdening.
Great poeple doing good work to address customer needs
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jackson, MSOctober 21, 2013
Pros: great coworkers, great learning environment, caring supervisors
Every day was a learning experience on the Spanish desk. We worked hard, but we helped a lot of people at the same time. It was an honor to work with such great people.
A Day in the Life of Change Management
Sr. IT Consultant-Operations IT Change Manager (Current Employee), Jackson, MSOctober 13, 2013
Pros: well compensated, casual business attire, no micro management
Cons: may not have a job after december due to reductions in workforce
- A typical day at the office is managing hardware and software change requests supporting over 100 users across multiple business units to ensure proper change management process followed along with regulatory compliance requirements. Some days include training consultants and employees new to the organization while others include hosting change evaluation – more... and advisory meetings and change reporting and trend analysis.
- Continuing to learn about the utility industry, while have gained deep understanding of regulatory requirements specific to our organization and tools, processes and procedures; improved change management process by documenting procedure requirements, providing training and enhancing presentation skills
- fortunate to work with a great team and company, most are IT and Engineering professionals, very competent and team oriented, willing to do what is needed to get the job done correctly
- Company reorganizations and layoffs constantly looming along with large project deadlines; majority of co-workers are now at other locations
- in my position I am able to work with people at every level and in multiple business units, have ownership of Operations IT Change Management process and able to implement process improvements with support of management
Note: One thing I really both like and dislike about my job is that I can schedule or plan out my week and then my schedule can get completely disheveled based on changing priority and organization needs. Some weeks go as scheduled, others do not which means never a dull moment. – less
Entergy is more like a family business
Gas Mechanic (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAOctober 8, 2013
I have had some ups and down working at Entergy. A typical day at Entergy I would get there for 6:15 am and begin my shift. I have learn nerve put all of your chips in one basket.
Excellent
Contracts Administrator (Former Employee), Jackson, MSSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: great working environment
Cons: noen
Excellent place to work, excellent benefits, I only left because I was offered a job at a larger company (WorldCom) with greater pay and more benefits.
It's a good place to work
Non-licensed Operator (Current Employee), Vernon, VTSeptember 8, 2013
Sadly this power plant is set to shut down after this operating cycle, but it's been a great place to work.
High Power company
DOCUMENT CONTROL SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Taft, LASeptember 6, 2013
Pros: great bonus
Cons: lots of test
Relaxing the best company I ever worked for. I hate I left
Management at the time of my employment were great. Co-workers the best group of people I every worked with. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people. Great culture place

1 2 3

About Entergy

Entergy New Orleans lights up the path for the unsteady, libation-influenced patrons of Bourbon Street and others in the Crescent – Read more