Entergy Employee Reviews

electric company
Customer Service Rep. II (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAOctober 18, 2017
very high paced call center. calls are back to back. you get 2 15 min breaks and 30 min lunch. you are required to be at work unless prescheduled off. very stressful
Pros
10 and 12 hour days they provide lunch
Cons
lots of mandatory overtime
Entergy is a Fantastic Company.
Meter Technician (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 6, 2017
Great Pay. Great place to work. Care about the safety and well being of their employees. Many opportunities to reach out and affect the community you are working in.
Work was done in timely manner
Bill Processor (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LASeptember 29, 2017
We had fun doing our work. We got our work done in time and on time but we enjoyed each others company. We would open mail and send it to the correct place that it needed to be in. Some days were longer than others.
Pros
Was able to move and get up when needed to to.
Cons
I really didn't see any.
Fast paced and extremely challenging job with great benefits.
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Hahnville, LASeptember 25, 2017
This company has a great work atmosphere and and a undeniable desire to have the most well trained employees in the industry. You will work 12 rotating shift schedules with 2 weeks payed time off.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
If Problems arise its your word vs. the Companies
fun place to work
Meter Technician (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXSeptember 22, 2017
it Is a good place to work, I have nothing bad to say about them.
they teach you everything you need to know to work safe, they are a good company to work
Pros
overtime
Cons
insurnces is high
Productive Company
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LASeptember 20, 2017
I enjoyed working at Entergy. I Retired in 2015. I wish I would have worked longer. Sometimes the hours were long due to Storms or Hurricanes but Entergy is an Electric Company.
Pros
Breakfast and Lunch when working 12 hour shifts.
Cons
Great Healthcare
It's a Job but dont setlle for less than you have to
Contact Customer Rep I (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 16, 2017
Poor Management and No Advancements for all the work load you have and mind you the skill set and knowledge you've gain doesnt amount to anything when your not getting the raise the you deserve.
Pros
off wkends
Cons
overtime when you they hold calls for storm mode and outage
Very Fun Enviroment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LASeptember 12, 2017
I highly recommend this company to anyone. The surrounding environment is fun but serious. Coworkers are amazing and willing to lend a hand when needed, and the managers/supervisors are always there for support. The hardest part of the job in Customer Service Rep/Call Center is getting an angry customer on the phone due to no services at their location due to non payment or storms. They can be very hostile/angry/rude but you can not take it personally.
Hard work, pay low
Service Initiation (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LASeptember 12, 2017
I thought I was going to be able to be able to advance. I found out that they weren't wanting to advance you, so basically they lied to tell you that so that you would work hard to get your contract ended.
Bad Bad job!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 8, 2017
I was hired on as a full time worker through temp staff at the beginning with a understanding after the first 90 days were over my class and I would be hired on with Entergy full time with benefits and time off. 90 days came and passed with nothing, and 6 months passed, and a year passed. Finally out of nowhere the manager who was very nice gathered us up for a group meeting. She explained to us Entergy was now on a hiring freeze and they were laying off people and letting my class and I go. We were all surprised.
Pros
Cons
No benefits, and no time off, and no hiring.
Great opportunity but constant change
Lead Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  LouisianaSeptember 5, 2017
Entergy provides great opportunities for one's career but the constant change and stress can burn people out. The workforce has been reduced to the bare minimum and there is often too much work to complete in normal working hours.
This is an amazing company with which to start one's journey.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GASeptember 5, 2017
I've been working in the customer service field for over 15 years now and am actively seeking out a position which will ultimately afford me the opportunity to retire.
It's a career if you want one
Nuclear Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Killona, LASeptember 5, 2017
Go and see for yourself. There are pros and cons for every job. You are going to work long hours and spend time away from your family. The benefit in this situation you will see when you check your pay stub. The work itself is not very physically demanding. Which means there is a lot of down time. It can become difficult to fight the boredom. Once again if you take into consideration the amount of money you are making for the kind of work you are doing the job has its advantages
Very Fast Paced with Call Center Production Demands
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 28, 2017
Very fast paced with Call Center Production Demands. Very high turnover with customer service representatives. Can be stressful during the Hurricane season.
Pros
Satisfaction with helping client, Good Salary
Cons
Long hours during outages and Hurricane Season
Engaging but balanced work life for a company that strives to always find better ways
Manager, Regulatory (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 20, 2017
Large enough company that allows for many different combinations of career paths. Management is required to take leadership courses offered by the company that teaches many progressive skills needed to develop employees, and connects managers across the company as future resources to one another.
Cleaning rooms in Hotel
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 12, 2017
Busy cleaning rooms for quests. How to community with other races in this world.Management very poor didn't have respect to the workers. Divisity. Been able to get the job done and to keep a positive additude at all times and to show respect to everyone . when the quest tells me to keep that beautiful smile on my face and to stay the way I am and enjoy life.
Productive work place good pay
Production Technician I/ Board Operator (Former Employee) –  Sterlington, LAJuly 27, 2017
good pay and Good Benifits. working enviroment is a nice place to work. they have a nice retirement plain and a good investment company in enjoyed the time i worked there
good people to work with and for
Mainframe DBA (Former Employee) –  New Orleans and Little RockJuly 23, 2017
Excellent working employee with broad experience and strong programming computer and engineering background.
Pay is good and you get excellent experiences of a broad nature.
The negatives are that you get no social experiences and your contributions are often less seen and less valued because of being remote from other workers.
thank you.
William Levan
Pros
able to work on ones own
Cons
outof sight, out of mind; some work and services not seen
Stressful company
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 20, 2017
The company and utility environment has made drastic changes in the past 5 years. There is a high level of stress in the office and people are expected to do more than a single person can manage.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
High stress
Coworkers were great to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 10, 2017
The phone calls from the customers would make you laugh but I would have stayed if they would have offered a full-time position (worked a contract worker ).
Pros
My coworkers
Cons
They graded to hard on phone calls