Entergy Employee Reviews in United States

Customer Contact Representative-CCR (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 24, 2016
Entergy is a good company to work for, with ample opportunities to advance and succeed. The aren't irrational and can be met as long as you do what you are supposed to be doing.
Decent pay not a great home life balance
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJuly 19, 2016
This is not a great place for job work and home life balance. The pay is not bad and they are very concerned about knowing the job and training.
looking for a career
Nuclear Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Cortlandt Manor, NYJuly 19, 2016
I have been in the nuclear industry for over 7 years and although the pay and benefits are comparable to the better security positions I feel as though it is time to start securing my future.
Great co-workers and management
Meter Technician (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAJuly 12, 2016
Typical day was the same as any other. Wake up at 6 get to the office for 7, get handheld, start route, read meters until 3 then return to the office. hardest part is dealing with dogs, locked gates, and extreme heat as well as wasps and very long walking distances. Co-workers and management made up for the bad parts of the job, made you feel like you were part of a small family.
Pros
great environment, 401k, insurance
Cons
daily dangers and possible life/death situations
Good company to work for
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 10, 2016
Good company to start out with. Company has a strong historical background within the region with good benefits.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
limited growth oportunties
fun place
AIX /Unix Administrator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 4, 2016
It inspires me to do what’s best for the company.
The caliber of employees this company hires. I’ve noticed it and our clients notice it. High- quality employees produce high-quality results. Plus work is more enjoyable if everyone it working hard.
The non-management employees are motivated, talented, and funny.
I feel that this is a good, positive atmosphere to work in and what we are doing is very interesting and exciting. All of our employees are smart and creative. This is reflected in the work that we produce. I also appreciate that our company cares about the community and the environment and encourages us to do the same.
AIX System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 27, 2016
Liked to work there . I work remotely there.
I have few meetings in a month in Baltimore Maryland office .this is a cool place to work .
Good
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 21, 2016
I enjoy working with this company. Great environment. Nice people. Safety First. Be on time. This job gives us lunch when we have to stay over. Great way to build customer interaction.
Good
Excellent company to work for.
Field Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Killona, LAJune 21, 2016
Entergy is first about personal safety. Safety is the first thing that is discussed in ALL meetings. I worked for Entergy as a full time employee from 1991 to 2005 and then as a contractor from 2009 to the present. From 2005 to 2009 I left the company to pursue self employment in the oil field. As one would expect, Entergy Nuclear South demands your best work as nuclear is a special and unique power source. Entergy employs behavioral based management style - Correct the behavior and you will get the expected results. Some of the smartest people I have ever worked with.
High turn over rate
Customer Service Represenative (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAJune 18, 2016
If you're looking for a paycheck ,cool job, but security and management that understands you this place is not it . Horrible job
Pros
Cons
everything
Good Place to work
Non-Certified Operator (Former Employee) –  Vernon, VTJune 10, 2016
Every one was great to work with in the plant!
A relaxed atmosphere you can always say what's on your mind.
If you think a change in the way you work might help, people do listen what you are saying.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 23, 2016
High turnover rate because your hired as a temporary employee at first. Mandatory overtime when there are storms or bad weather. To many training classes.
Pros
Monday - Friday no weekends
Cons
Not structured, short breaks and lunches
Entergy was a very excellent place to work. The company excellent industrial training and knowledge about the electrical industry.
Plant Modification and Construction Asst. (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 17, 2016
Entergy provided the opportunity to work in a professional environment while learning how to perform many task in many different departments. Opportunities to be promoted to management were there, but when Entergy merge with Gulf States Utilities they laid off thousands of GSU workers.

Performing in operations and carrying out administrative responsibilities that managed several departments gave me the experience needed to professional manager,

Operating all systems needed to produce electricity in the fossil and nuclear plant environments entailed project management skills for new construction projects. Establishing budgets, schedules, ordering and tracking materials, implementing problem solving methods, and man hours etc.. was learned and needed to perform daily task.

Twelve years of knowledge and experience in that professional work environment gives me the background needed to be a good asset to any professional, progressive company.
Pros
Full time work, great benefits, excellent work environment, and competitive wages.
Cons
Wasted training and knowldge of industry and opportunity for a career.
Cool, Easy Job
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 15, 2016
The job is fairly easy. The job just doesn't pay enough for the load of work, and dealing with the different attitudes from the irate customers. The job could pay more money to avoid a high turn over rate.
Pros
Hour lunch breaks, Monday- Friday no weekends
Cons
Limited bathroom breaks, no use of cell phone, dark rooms
stable place to work, until just recently
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXApril 27, 2016
good up until recently, new management shaking things up (spring 2016), moved my (and many others) job to woodlands, I won't/can't relocate...you know the story.
Operations leads the way
Senior Operator & Fire Brigade Leader (Current Employee) –  Vernon, VTApril 25, 2016
Entergy Vermont Yankee is a great place to work, at least until it gets fully decommissioned. Middle management was great at being professional but still courteous towards union employees.
Pros
Better pay than local jobs
Cons
Low pay compared to the rest of the fleet
A prodctive where you work at your pace....
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 16, 2016
During my time at Entergy, I learned my city where better than I did before,you be to yourself when you working in different neighborhoods,the management is ok depending on who is leading it,the hardest part of the day was starting the route,the most enjoyable day was when it was time to be off.....
Pros
know one on your back
Cons
dogs, spiders, rude customers
Challenging workplace - highly regulated environment
Radwaste Operator (Former Employee) –  Covert, MIApril 16, 2016
The nuclear business is challenging, yet rewarding financially. The regulatory environment can be cumbersome at times, but necessary for the safe operation of the plant. The people I worked with were smart, and for the most part friendly, and always appreciative of a dedicated work ethic.
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Cons
Cumbersome processes and procedures.
na
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 5, 2016
unorganized termporary dint rellay like that job but I stayed until my assignment ended...Mon-Fri I enjoyed that part
A new experience at the time that taught me very well.
SECURITY SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Saint Francisville, LAMarch 29, 2016
The work experience was nice I meet a lot of different and diverse people. The educational part as far as training was right in line with our work task. my daily task included monitoring people and the overall property of the client.
Pros
Great training and wonderful people.
Cons
No real breaks just get one whenever you could.