Entergy Employee Reviews

Other Work Experience (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2017
None to provide at this time, only filling out this section because it is mandatory in order to complete the rest of my profile. Have a nice day!!!!!!
Good Contract position
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LAApril 18, 2017
Good contract position, learned a lot about the electric and gas residential, commercial and industrial services, worked the new construction, and with the engineers.
Pros
Outdoor Lightining Sales bonus pay
Cons
Not Temp to Perm
Great workplace.
Project Procurement Leader IT (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 12, 2017
Fast paced environment. Great place to learn strategic sourcing in and out. End to end Stakeholder environment. Great workplace culture. Management really fosters career development.
Fine group of nuclear professionals
Assistant Outage Manager (Former Employee) –  Brownville, NEApril 11, 2017
Loved the work and co-workers. Unfortunately, job was eliminated and I left with 23 years of severance pay. I would work for this company again, especially in Neb.
Working at Entergy could be stressful at times.
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 10, 2017
I typically worked 8 hours a day at Entergy. The pay was good. Our company benefits were a plus. Sometimes, I did not feel our management was too good, especially, my intermediate supervisor.

The workplace culture was fine. I enjoyed my job and the people I worked with.

My hardest part of my job was dealing with my supervisor, otherwise, no problems.
Pros
great company benefits
Cons
someimes the strict rules and regulations
Fun place to work
Meter Tech (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, LAApril 5, 2017
Fast paced environment that requires top safety at all times. Can be a very competitive job compared to other companies in the same business. I would recommend to everyone.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Safety is the number one concern and that has created a safety first culture.
Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 5, 2017
I am grateful for the educational reimbursement program that is offered by the company. There are many health and wellness programs and employees are encouraged to take advantage of those programs. Safety is the number one concern and that has created a safety first culture.
Pros
Educational reimbursement program
Cons
Travel and relocation may be required
Hodgepodge of people and jobs
Verification Representative (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 30, 2017
The hardest part of the job was working as hard as you could and never knowing if it would ever take you anywhere. It all came down to who you knew and if they were willing to advance you. However, for those lucky ones, it was an amazing place to work with amazing benefits.

The pay rate was probably below the average of comparable companies but again, our benefits were great so it sort of evened out.
Fairness
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 26, 2017
I was terminated from this employer even though I had proper documentation from being off work with a sick child. I feel the policy is unfair to employees
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MS 39201March 25, 2017
A typical work day is normal our busiest days are on Mondays and at beginning of the month. I love the customers and I love my job. I look forward to talking to my customers everyday.
Learned a lot in safety and 3 way communication!
Intern Electrical maintenance (Former Employee) –  Kilona, LouisianaMarch 23, 2017
Great company to work for. Type of company one can advance in. Participated in all aspects of the electrical maintenance department which emphasizes in safety and communication.
my second favorite job ever
Shift Engineer (Former Employee) –  422 Freret St, New Orleans, LAFebruary 26, 2017
When I got hired and went through the orientation, I felt like I was being screened to join Starfleet. They weren't JUST interested in what you can do now, they wanted to know what all CAN you do or be trained up to do even as far as being the next head of the company. Whatever your best is they would like you to develop it to the highest level attainable. TALK ABOUT MOTIVATING ! ! ! ! Then reality sets in as you come to realize that it is not cream rising to the top around you.
Pros
industrial level central plant, very satisfying operator enviroment
Cons
people that can't do well cut you down to look better
great place to work
Project Planner / Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 20, 2017
Working at Entergy was a great experience for me. I enjoyed the people, and the atmosphere. The way it was structured was great.
great company
Computer Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJanuary 17, 2017
Entergy is very professional and a great company to work for. The employees are treated fairly and the benefits are great.
Busy place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJanuary 10, 2017
I liked working for Entergy because I stayed busy on the phones, I would answer 150+ calls a day in regards to billing, collection, outages, and how-to's. I learned how to save on my electric bill while working for this company.
Contract employee for short project
Change Management Lead (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 9, 2017
Working with Entergy was a great experience for me. Very professional folks. Good working culture. I'd gladly work on a project with them again. My work was mainly in the Woodlands, TX, but did spend some time at the New Orleans HQ. Both locations were comfortable and attractive places to work.
Providing Safe & Reliable Power
Procurement Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 7, 2017
At Entergy, delivering safe, reliable power is the essential goals in all phases of the company. Employees put forth immense time and effort to ensure customers and stakeholders are properly satisfied in all facets of Entergy's daily services.
lay back
Autocad Drafter/ Designer I (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, LA 70121January 4, 2017
very productive and calm place to work, every one is very friendly and help. There is really nothing to complain about. The work load is never to much or to little, very steady.
Good til the last drop
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 26, 2016
Great as long as your needed. As long as your job is needed your needed, when it's not, your not. No transitioning help either, unfortunately.
Great job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  MississippiDecember 24, 2016
Nothing negative to say about this company ,if i had more time to spend with my family, i would still be employed. The work enivironment was good but other employees treated security personnel really bad it was like we weren' t suppose to be working on this hob with them and that's the truth.
Pros
The pay was good
Cons
No time to be with your family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Entergy. Our community is ready to answer.