Entergy Employee Reviews

A great place to work with wonder staff and co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 5, 2016
Entergy is a great place to work with plenty of opportunities for advancement. They have exceptional training, and floor support during your first two weeks on the phone. Management is caring and make the environment fun. Everyone is kind, and a pleasure to be around. The pay is also very good, with excellent overtime opportunities and plenty of bonuses.
Pros
Good training, great people, warm environment, great pay
Cons
Customers on the phone can be hostilel
Productive and interesting place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 17, 2016
It's an 8 hour day, there are times when it's very busy with 30 minute lunches . You meet great people. The hardest part is staying on the phone and are given time for breaks and lunches.
Pros
The management and co-workers are great to work with.Good Benefits. Off on weekends and holidays.
Cons
Call volume can be extremely high. Hard to move up. No overtime
Entergy was a very excellent place to work. The company excellent industrial training and knowledge about the electrical industry.
Plant Modification and Construction Asst. (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 17, 2016
Entergy provided the opportunity to work in a professional environment while learning how to perform many task in many different departments. Opportunities to be promoted to management were there, but when Entergy merge with Gulf States Utilities they laid off thousands of GSU workers.

Performing in operations and carrying out administrative responsibilities that managed several departments gave me the experience needed to professional manager,

Operating all systems needed to produce electricity in the fossil and nuclear plant environments entailed project management skills for new construction projects. Establishing budgets, schedules, ordering and tracking materials, implementing problem solving methods, and man hours etc.. was learned and needed to perform daily task.

Twelve years of knowledge and experience in that professional work environment gives me the background needed to be a good asset to any professional, progressive company.
Pros
Full time work, great benefits, excellent work environment, and competitive wages.
Cons
Wasted training and knowldge of industry and opportunity for a career.
Great co-workers and management
Meter Technician (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAJuly 12, 2016
Typical day was the same as any other. Wake up at 6 get to the office for 7, get handheld, start route, read meters until 3 then return to the office. hardest part is dealing with dogs, locked gates, and extreme heat as well as wasps and very long walking distances. Co-workers and management made up for the bad parts of the job, made you feel like you were part of a small family.
Pros
great environment, 401k, insurance
Cons
daily dangers and possible life/death situations
Contract employee for short project
Change Management Lead (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 9, 2017
Working with Entergy was a great experience for me. Very professional folks. Good working culture. I'd gladly work on a project with them again. My work was mainly in the Woodlands, TX, but did spend some time at the New Orleans HQ. Both locations were comfortable and attractive places to work.
my second favorite job ever
Shift Engineer (Former Employee) –  422 Freret St, New Orleans, LAFebruary 26, 2017
When I got hired and went through the orientation, I felt like I was being screened to join Starfleet. They weren't JUST interested in what you can do now, they wanted to know what all CAN you do or be trained up to do even as far as being the next head of the company. Whatever your best is they would like you to develop it to the highest level attainable. TALK ABOUT MOTIVATING ! ! ! ! Then reality sets in as you come to realize that it is not cream rising to the top around you.
Pros
industrial level central plant, very satisfying operator enviroment
Cons
people that can't do well cut you down to look better
Big Company in a Small City
Analyst (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 20, 2016
Great Salary for the area. Workplace is hit and miss depending on the group you are in. Alternating Fridays Off is a huge plus. Bonus structure in place is a nice incentive to stay.
Pros
Salary/Alternating Friday Off
Cons
Not much Social Interaction
n/a
Utility Fraud Investigator (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, LANovember 15, 2016
A typical work day is 7am-4:30pm. Most of my learning was on the job. I prefer not to comment on management and co-workers. I do not consider any part of my job as being hard. The most enjoyable part of my job is being employed.
great company
Computer Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJanuary 17, 2017
Entergy is very professional and a great company to work for. The employees are treated fairly and the benefits are great.
Looking for better opportunities
Licensed Reactor Operator (Current Employee) –  Port Gibson, MSOctober 29, 2016
I am currently looking for new challenges and better opportunities to further my career and quality of life. I have reached the glass ceiling in my current position.
Nice environment.. First time working in a call center
Customer Service Agent - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 2, 2016
First time working in a call center. It was a Monday through Friday job. 8 am to 5 pm. It's was contract to permanent. Weekly pay.. Great benefits
fun place
AIX /Unix Administrator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 4, 2016
It inspires me to do what’s best for the company.
The caliber of employees this company hires. I’ve noticed it and our clients notice it. High- quality employees produce high-quality results. Plus work is more enjoyable if everyone it working hard.
The non-management employees are motivated, talented, and funny.
I feel that this is a good, positive atmosphere to work in and what we are doing is very interesting and exciting. All of our employees are smart and creative. This is reflected in the work that we produce. I also appreciate that our company cares about the community and the environment and encourages us to do the same.
About Entergy
Shipping Receiving Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAOctober 8, 2016
Greatest Company to work for. The CEO to Management on all levels are the very productive individuals who care about the Company and its workers. The number one entity with Entergy is people.
Pros
Effective in all levels
Cons
no comment
Excellent company to work for.
Field Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Killona, LAJune 21, 2016
Entergy is first about personal safety. Safety is the first thing that is discussed in ALL meetings. I worked for Entergy as a full time employee from 1991 to 2005 and then as a contractor from 2009 to the present. From 2005 to 2009 I left the company to pursue self employment in the oil field. As one would expect, Entergy Nuclear South demands your best work as nuclear is a special and unique power source. Entergy employs behavioral based management style - Correct the behavior and you will get the expected results. Some of the smartest people I have ever worked with.
Great job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  MississippiDecember 24, 2016
Nothing negative to say about this company ,if i had more time to spend with my family, i would still be employed. The work enivironment was good but other employees treated security personnel really bad it was like we weren' t suppose to be working on this hob with them and that's the truth.
Pros
The pay was good
Cons
No time to be with your family.
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MS 39201March 25, 2017
A typical work day is normal our busiest days are on Mondays and at beginning of the month. I love the customers and I love my job. I look forward to talking to my customers everyday.
Providing Safe & Reliable Power
Procurement Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 7, 2017
At Entergy, delivering safe, reliable power is the essential goals in all phases of the company. Employees put forth immense time and effort to ensure customers and stakeholders are properly satisfied in all facets of Entergy's daily services.
Learned a lot in safety and 3 way communication!
Intern Electrical maintenance (Former Employee) –  Kilona, LouisianaMarch 23, 2017
Great company to work for. Type of company one can advance in. Participated in all aspects of the electrical maintenance department which emphasizes in safety and communication.
Very busy call center
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 15, 2016
Working for Entergy Services was a good learning experience. On a normal day I may answer between 150-200 calls. My supervisor was very straight forward about her expectations and what was required of us on the daily basis. If there was anything she could do to help anyone she would. As a floor walker I dealt with several people and different personalities each and every day. The best part of my job is knowing that I was able to help and satisfy majority of my customers and my fellow co workers.
Good company to work for
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 10, 2016
Good company to start out with. Company has a strong historical background within the region with good benefits.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
limited growth oportunties

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Entergy. Our community is ready to answer.